Venty by Storz & Bickel

seedy53

I've not tried a TM2 yet. But my nod for the No 1 portable is the Arizer Solo 3.
S3 is just the newest arizer fan vape. 2 months ago before solo3 release, the solo2 MAX was favored and said to be a game changer.
but this is s and b sub.
however the s and b's tm2 is highly rated by users and expert reviewers. tm2 has stood the test of time.
personally, all three vapes are abit to complicated for me with sometimes buggy hardware and software.
i have a favorite portable, currently, but not appropriate for me to bring to this fc sub.

Last edited:

Vape_Or_Die420

My biggest gripe about the Venty is the resetting back to base temp every couple minutes. So annoying and probably contributing some to the button failures. I feel like I’m wearing out my power button having to reset temp 3 times a sesh. I wish I could turn this off!! I wrote them an email about it but of course, no response. Wonder what use case needs the temperature to adjust from where it was set? Terrible for passing around with friends, as you have to make sure the temp is correct for them the whole time. Doesn’t seem logical but I might be missing something.

Also, really hoping POTV comes out with a Venty cooling unit for their glass accessories.

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
I left my Venty on it's original settings, and have never had any issue at all.
I leave the unit at base temp (356º and vape till it stops giving)
I have turned it on and up after a while at 399º and gotten a couple of bonus hits.
I found the sessions to be longer than with the Mighty.
My suggestion would be, at least once... to fill the chamber, set it to desired temperature... and then leave the
vent open 3/4, and begin session with your company.
I am actively an OCD guy.
Trying to focus on the temperature, distracts me from the vapor at hand.
I have learned to not be distracted by my tendencies toward over thinking ( I'm trying hard... I swear!).
In the end, after 15 minutes or so, your entire entourage will be impressed and well medicated!

Last edited:

bardad

My biggest gripe about the Venty is the resetting back to base temp every couple minutes. So annoying and probably contributing some to the button failures. I feel like I’m wearing out my power button having to reset temp 3 times a sesh. I wish I could turn this off!! I wrote them an email about it but of course, no response. Wonder what use case needs the temperature to adjust from where it was set? Terrible for passing around with friends, as you have to make sure the temp is correct for them the whole time. Doesn’t seem logical but I might be missing something.

Also, really hoping POTV comes out with a Venty cooling unit for their glass accessories.
special,
whatever temperature I set, it keeps me that way during vaping and it doesn't go back anywhere. and the same temperature I have before turning it off, the same temperature after turning it off.
I only get the booster back.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Thanks for the review! How much did it cost you during the sale?
I just got a Venty from puffitup during their Labor Day sale for 306 plus tax. I’ve been hesitant to jump in due to the various documented issues, but as someone who has purchased two Mightys and one Mighty Plus, I’m a big fan of the SB portables. (Haven’t tried it yet, just arrived today, fingers crossed….)

My biggest gripe about the Venty is the resetting back to base temp every couple minutes. So annoying...

I second this notion. First of all it's nonsensical to reduce temperature after boosting it up. When I increase temp from 375 to 390 im not going back to 375 to take a couple of drags - there's nothing coming out. The only way is up.
And also it's super annoying that it reduces temps automatically without any warnings or so - and of course it always seems to happen while taking a good deep inhale.
It should just stay at the boosted temp.

Vitolo

Vaporist
it's nonsensical to reduce temperature after boosting it up
When vaping, one can really only be productive when raising temps.
The only way is up
My feelings exactly.
The Universe loves tech upgrades, and controlling things via "apps" etc. ( I am not bitching about it.. time marches on!),
I have never used Venty's features like "boost" or have not upgraded/updated during my Venty use (love affair).
I left it where it came set (356º) and did very long sessions... and as vapor production slowed down, I went to 377º.
On occasions I did another bump to400º.
Long sessions and many hits, then I lowered the unit to starting point (356º), and dumped the AVB.
I could have vaped further and gotten darker ABV, but that was not my desire. I use AVB for many things... sometimes it is "BBV" (Barely Been Vaped).
I have no Smart Phone, and admit to being a bit behind the times.
I therefore have never experienced disappointment about technology's weaknesses.
I envy all of you that understand how to use the connected services offered by Vape Makers.
It is a new day, and I am falling behind more each day.
BUT- as for my Venty romance... Less has been more (tech-wise).

Adgej123

Just to update, I've had two Ventys RMA due to button degradation. I haven't sent back the second one yet, and probably won't for a few weeks due to inconvenience. Just wanted to comment now the shock of another RMA has worn off.

Despite both Venty's buttons lasting only 3-4 months, it's still hands down the best vaporizer I own. Don't get me wrong, the button issues are bizarre, I've had Mightys that still seem brand new after 2-3 years in comparison. S&B are less than helpful in actually discussing the issue, which is annoying to me, even people without button issues currently, I have no doubt, will have RMA'd before their warranty is up. The buttons are crazy thin, and a completely different material to Mightys.

With all that said, I am still using it as my daily, the button issue is a pain, as it's not exactly rocket science to create buttons that can be pressed consistently, but overall it is cosmetic and as long as they will replace within warranty, I can live with it. Luckily so far I haven't had anything worse than button wear. The haptic feedback randomly doesn't work, but I'm happy to accept these 'bugs' as the vapor itself is just too good. Also a couple of design choices baffle me, the fact there is no purpose constructed stash for the stirring tool is shocking, and the lack of pass through charging is annoying if completely flat.

The bluetooth setting should be optional too really, I haven't ever connected to my phone but it's always on and presumably using extra battery life.

When working and not RMA requesting, it's a 10/10 device for anyone on the fence. Really just depends on your patience with potential niggles. It's clear the launch didn't go as S&B planned, and seems like the Venty got rushed out. Expect some sort of revision next year

Last edited:
Adgej123,
Reactions: cosimo

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
The bluetooth setting should be optional too really, I haven't ever connected to my phone but it's always on and presumably using extra battery life.

You can disable Bluetooth, it’s useful to connect at least once to set your CHARGING PREFERENCES!

PASTED FROM MANUAL:

6.4.7: Bluetooth X Press the Power and minus button simultaneously. Ö
Ö Display shows "bLE" Display shows "bLE" Ö Disables Bluetooth on your Vaporizer (Bluetooth Symbol is not visible anymore).
X Press the Plus Button, while "bLE" is shown on the display. X Press the Plus Button, while "bLE" is shown on the display.
Ö Enables Bluetooth on your Vaporizer (Bluetooth Symbol is visible).

Adgej123

You can disable Bluetooth, it’s useful to connect at least once to set your CHARGING PREFERENCES!

PASTED FROM MANUAL:

6.4.7: Bluetooth X Press the Power and minus button simultaneously. Ö
Ö Display shows "bLE" Display shows "bLE" Ö Disables Bluetooth on your Vaporizer (Bluetooth Symbol is not visible anymore).
X Press the Plus Button, while "bLE" is shown on the display. X Press the Plus Button, while "bLE" is shown on the display.
Ö Enables Bluetooth on your Vaporizer (Bluetooth Symbol is visible).
Charging preferences!? What have I been missing. Better read the manual 👍

Adgej123,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Charging preferences!?

Some info here:

Adgej123

Some info here:

That's crazy, I wouldn't be surprised if I've been eco charging accidentally since release!

Adgej123,

n3hemiah

Just to update, I've had two Ventys RMA due to button degradation. I haven't sent back the second one yet, and probably won't for a few weeks due to inconvenience. Just wanted to comment now the shock of another RMA has worn off.

Despite both Venty's buttons lasting only 3-4 months, it's still hands down the best vaporizer I own. Don't get me wrong, the button issues are bizarre, I've had Mightys that still seem brand new after 2-3 years in comparison. S&B are less than helpful in actually discussing the issue, which is annoying to me, even people without button issues currently, I have no doubt, will have RMA'd before their warranty is up. The buttons are crazy thin, and a completely different material to Mightys.

With all that said, I am still using it as my daily, the button issue is a pain, as it's not exactly rocket science to create buttons that can be pressed consistently, but overall it is cosmetic and as long as they will replace within warranty, I can live with it. Luckily so far I haven't had anything worse than button wear. The haptic feedback randomly doesn't work, but I'm happy to accept these 'bugs' as the vapor itself is just too good. Also a couple of design choices baffle me, the fact there is no purpose constructed stash for the stirring tool is shocking, and the lack of pass through charging is annoying if completely flat.

When working and not RMA requesting, it's a 10/10 device for anyone on the fence. Really just depends on your patience with potential niggles. It's clear the launch didn't go as S&B planned, and seems like the Venty got rushed out. Expect some sort of revision next year
Could be wrong about this but I believe the lack of pass-through has something to do with the high battery capacity and large power output to heater.

n3hemiah,

LaughingDog

anybody get an E04 after a long time with the device? I've had mine for months now and no issues...my hypervigilance is starting to fade...
I get E04 when I inhale too hard. Holding the power button down for several seconds resets it. To toggle from C to F press Up and Down at same time.

LaughingDog,
  • Wow
Top Bottom