Venty by Storz & Bickel

Vyrus

B2, Venty, Dynavap, Volcano, XMAX V3, RBT Splinter
The diversity of experiences here is just wild

186 hours in and my buttons are perfect, Venty text is perfect, never had an error message. I feel like i hit the lottery

Got the E04 error after 286h of usage across 6-7 months previously no error, and the bottom button had depressed into the device whilst trying to do factory resets to get it out of E04.

Got my replacement today, the top part the cooling unit attaches to isn't straight, bluetooth keeps disconnecting and it refuses to update to the latest firmware. Just keeps saying "invalid response try again"

So this brand new device will also be getting RMA'd.

This is just frustrating.

edit: As with every problem as soon as you show somebody it happening it decides to start working.

Last edited:

AndyO

Got the E04 error after 286h of usage across 6-7 months previously no error, and the bottom button had depressed into the device whilst trying to do factory resets to get it out of E04.

Got my replacement today, the top part the cooling unit attaches to isn't straight, bluetooth keeps disconnecting and it refuses to update to the latest firmware. Just keeps saying "invalid response try again"

So this brand new device will also be getting RMA'd.

This is just frustrating.

Are you trying to connect the Venty to your phone using bluetooth? That was a pretty widespread issue, the "solution" was to do the updates from your computer.

I was defending the Venty early on based on 1) not having issues myself, and 2) knowing that people are (almost) infinitely more likely to report negative experiences than positive ones.

But I find myself having had the device for 8-9 months now, and I wouldn't have 25 hours on mine. I let the online drama get to me, and now I just don't trust it. If it's going to have a limited shelf life, then using those hours while at home is a waste when I have so many other options; if I'm going out, I'm overly wary of the fact that if it craps out during the day, that's me done for the day - doesn't really matter what's going on work-wise, I'm out. So I spent the money turning my TM2 into the most portable/unbreakable thing that I could.

There's also the limitation of being Australian and having issues with whether the device is even legal in Australia. After the 1 July law changes they informed users that they'd still be accepting RMAs from Australia, but it doesn't seem to be the case in practice, it seems like a whole heap of limbo and uncertainty, with S&B obviously trying to delay doing anything for their customers - positive or negative - until they have some certainty. (Which based on what I'd heard as recently as a week ago, they still don't have.)

AndyO,
Reactions: cosimo

Vyrus

B2, Venty, Dynavap, Volcano, XMAX V3, RBT Splinter
Are you trying to connect the Venty to your phone using bluetooth? That was a pretty widespread issue, the "solution" was to do the updates from your computer.

I was defending the Venty early on based on 1) not having issues myself, and 2) knowing that people are (almost) infinitely more likely to report negative experiences than positive ones.

But I find myself having had the device for 8-9 months now, and I wouldn't have 25 hours on mine. I let the online drama get to me, and now I just don't trust it. If it's going to have a limited shelf life, then using those hours while at home is a waste when I have so many other options; if I'm going out, I'm overly wary of the fact that if it craps out during the day, that's me done for the day - doesn't really matter what's going on work-wise, I'm out. So I spent the money turning my TM2 into the most portable/unbreakable thing that I could.

There's also the limitation of being Australian and having issues with whether the device is even legal in Australia. After the 1 July law changes they informed users that they'd still be accepting RMAs from Australia, but it doesn't seem to be the case in practice, it seems like a whole heap of limbo and uncertainty, with S&B obviously trying to delay doing anything for their customers - positive or negative - until they have some certainty. (Which based on what I'd heard as recently as a week ago, they still don't have.)

During these 20 times I had tried my computer using edge and chrome, I had also tried my android phone again using edge and chrome. Same results on all combinations. I had restarted both PC and android phone, I had done 3-4 system resets of the venty also with no luck.

Both these devices updated my previous Venty absolutely no problem.

I was waiting for the RMA process to go through again when I thought I'd show my friend and it suddenly worked.

Not having any issues since the update, hopefully I'll get another 280+ hours out of this without issue.

edit: just noticed your starting 11 😉 good choices, that's a strong team

Astedra

I opted for the Solo 3 because of the Venty reliability issues. I want that cool vapor so I'll wait with the Venty until most of their devices run at least 6 months. Trust me that's good for a S&B vape. Venty is like that genius child that's always sick. lol

JoeMama

Speaking of Solo 3 I think I will wait a see if Arizer updates also the Air/Argo with the same technology Solo 3 has. That way I would justify the purchase better, since there’s still no Crafty 2.
I would like to express my hatred for the unofficial titanium/ss capsules once more. I tested and tested those capsules but their performance is not on par with regular ones, imho. They are thicker and my abv is constantly lighter in color compared to the regular capsule, no matter the heat retaining properties those metal should have.
Other than that, some days ago I placed a capsule upside down and had the worst 15 minutes of the year trying to figure how to get it out without destroying the whole vaporizer. I scratched the walls of the bowl and will throw away all of them. Regular capsules are not even half as thick, the base or the cover are only 1 piece and in the worst case scenario you would only destroy a capsule cover with pliers, not the vaporizer. People who don’t want to void their warranty (what if I had to send it back?), medical users and/or people clumsier than me (if any) should avoid buying that stuff imho.
The cover is made by 2 pieces, a screen and a ring. You can dismantle the screen someway but the ring can adhere to the bottom of walls of the oven really well. Worst 50€ I spent in 2024.
I happen to love the Ti capsules. I have had the one-time experience of placing it upside-down in the oven, but thankfully no damage getting it out. I use them with a 1/2" screen over enough material for a good 2 or 3 pulls at 210ºC. Once the clouds are gone, the ABV is consistently "light-to-medium brown. I can't recall what the ABV color was like when I used the Aluminum caps, which I hated for their fitment issues.
While it may not be as dark as possible (short of combustion), over the past several months I've accumulated over an ounce of this ABV and gavef it to a friend who made chocolate chip cookies. They produce a milder, more body-focused high.

Adgej123

Don’t believe it, first Venty temperature up button just fell apart, now around 5 months later same thing has happened to the power button on the replacement. No problems replacing last time but have previously had two mightys for over 3 years and no issues with either. This thing seems like such a step down in quality overall, the cooling unit doesn’t even sit straight on both models I’ve had. Improved performance, terrible quality. On to the third I guess, still love it

has anyone experienced severe degradation of the venty's buttons?

My power button all soft now, few months after replacing first one same happened with temperature up. Basically the ones I press when I keep it going during a session, but thought I’d swap on this one to the power after first one. Will soon be unusable I expect. Quality is shocking compared to Mightys but still want replacement
Pic

chillAtGVC

My power button all soft now, few months after replacing first one same happened with temperature up. Basically the ones I press when I keep it going during a session, but thought I’d swap on this one to the power after first one. Will soon be unusable I expect. Quality is shocking compared to Mightys but still want replacement
Pic
That looks like what my head does to memory foam pillows! They must be having some terrible problems with quality consistency in the parts they get.

Adgej123

That looks like what my head does to memory foam pillows! They must be having some terrible problems with quality consistency in the parts they get.
Never known anything like it. The mighty button rubber just feels better quality. I am amazed every single Venty isn’t affected, looks like the material is just cheap. Power button is fully lifting off now.

I would say I use for 2-3 hours per day since release and press the buttons during session to keep it on. Both devices failing the same way.

Last page my haptic vibration just stopped working too, but now that’s back working just very noisy and rattly.

Awful quality, great vapour. Hopefully third time lucky, might get good rubber but probably get E04 😭

Better Pic

First Device Temp Button Pic

Doesn’t feel like a £350 ‘medical’ device, not even close.

Last edited:

n0tu2

Never known anything like it. The mighty button rubber just feels better quality. I am amazed every single Venty isn’t affected, looks like the material is just cheap. Power button is fully lifting off now.

I would say I use for 2-3 hours per day since release and press the buttons during session to keep it on. Both devices failing the same way.

Last page my haptic vibration just stopped working too, but now that’s back working just very noisy and rattly.

Awful quality, great vapour. Hopefully third time lucky, might get good rubber but probably get E04 😭

Better Pic

First Device Temp Button Pic

Doesn’t feel like a £350 ‘medical’ device, not even close.

That is very odd.. I've read the reports of this happening but first I've seen it on the power button. My buttons still look brand new..

Curious since this is the second time it's happened to you.. could it be something in environment reacting with the plastic? Do you wipe down the device with a cleaning wipe occasionally? Do you use hand santizer or some sort of hand cream..? or maybe touch it with sticky bud fingers? Do you have a habit of rubbing the buttons up and down to locate them first before pushing..? heat+sweaty fingers? just trying to figure out why twice for you.. not blaming you..the plastic may be subpar in the first place of course. I notice the logo is also fading on you which is strange as well..

Question though- why do keep awake so many times during session.. doesn't it have a draw sensor to keep device awake after a hit? .. why not just let it go to sleep and wake it up if it does sleep.. since it's so fast to get back to temp.. why even do keep awake?

Again.. nothing on you.. just curious to your use scenario..

Garybuchanen

Very interesting reading all these issues ,many superficial like buttons falling off ,especially coming from a company like storz&bickel that has always been exceptional when it comes to the integrity of the product..will anyone care to weigh in on the most obvious benefits with venty over mighty ? Cooler vapor I believe was one..thanks 💚🙏
GB

Garybuchanen,

Adgej123

That is very odd.. I've read the reports of this happening but first I've seen it on the power button. My buttons still look brand new..

Curious since this is the second time it's happened to you.. could it be something in environment reacting with the plastic? Do you wipe down the device with a cleaning wipe occasionally? Do you use hand santizer or some sort of hand cream..? or maybe touch it with sticky bud fingers? Do you have a habit of rubbing the buttons up and down to locate them first before pushing..? heat+sweaty fingers? just trying to figure out why twice for you.. not blaming you..the plastic may be subpar in the first place of course. I notice the logo is also fading on you which is strange as well..

Question though- why do keep awake so many times during session.. doesn't it have a draw sensor to keep device awake after a hit? .. why not just let it go to sleep and wake it up if it does sleep.. since it's so fast to get back to temp.. why even do keep awake?

Again.. nothing on you.. just curious to your use scenario..

I can only assume it shuts off or tries to so frequently because I have the draw dial set to the lowest/tightest so perhaps I don’t bring the oven temp down enough when inhaling to keep it on. I sip it more than lung draw. I’ve never managed to keep it on with just inhaling, becomes quite annoying, so just tap the button every time the haptic goes off.

Hand wise, nothing out the ordinary, work in an office, never exposed to chemicals and clean. Have had two mightys for years, similar button daily use and still feel/look brand new.

It seems almost like the rubber on the Venty isn’t heat resistant, it seems expanded or warped due to heat, but it’s only typical operating temperature. Charging gets warm, but it’s open air and using S&B supercharger.

Doesn’t have pass through so not heating oven whilst charging. Just really poor quality material imo

Adgej123,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
anyone care to weigh in on the most obvious benefits with venty over mighty ? Cooler vapor I believe was one..thanks 💚🙏
GB
Valid question, that many have been answering in this thread.
Certainly some folks will offer you an answer or two, but...
Go to top of page, open Search box.For criteria enter Venty +Mighty and check "this thread only". Leave others empty, search this and you'll find 10 pages of posts containing those 2 words. :tup:

n0tu2

I can only assume it shuts off or tries to so frequently because I have the draw dial set to the lowest/tightest so perhaps I don’t bring the oven temp down enough when inhaling to keep it on. I sip it more than lung draw. I’ve never managed to keep it on with just inhaling, becomes quite annoying, so just tap the button every time the haptic goes off.

Hand wise, nothing out the ordinary, work in an office, never exposed to chemicals and clean. Have had two mightys for years, similar button daily use and still feel/look brand new.

It seems almost like the rubber on the Venty isn’t heat resistant, it seems expanded or warped due to heat, but it’s only typical operating temperature. Charging gets warm, but it’s open air and using S&B supercharger.

Doesn’t have pass through so not heating oven whilst charging. Just really poor quality material imo

You should report it to S&B separately from the RMA.. to the tech dept if they even have one?.. could be a bug or the sensor is set too weak to detect air movement at airflow level 1 (firmware settings of the sensor that we can't control) .. I thought it had an independant draw sensor - same one that reports an E05 if you blow air into it and that it wasn't actually monitoring the temp drop for keep alive like the mighty or crafty.. but actually monitors air flow in both directions.. but nobody can answer that except S&B 😞

I do have a theory as to why some may still be having problems: way back in the beginning they bricked all those ventys then there was a long pause in shipping of new units.. I bet someone on the board decided to just move ahead with stock and fix any issues on a case by case basis via support and they just sold the tainted stock when they resumed shipping new units.. pretty bad decision if u ask me if this was the case, it wasn't worth the reputation damage.. but corporate will be corporate, lol. This is just speculation on my part as S&B remains silent on the issue so that's all we can do is speculate ... mine had some E04s in the beginning but it always reset itself immediately to a working state (rebooted itself).. after the 1.07 firmware update haven't seen one since (it had 1.02 originally).. tbf haven't been using it much lately (other vas) but did use it the other day and it worked fine.. hope you figure out your issue..

see if it works out for you just letting it sleep on its own and waking for the next puff.. should take only a few seconds to reach temp again.. oven stays pretty hot even when off for a while..

You should report it to S&B separately from the RMA.. to the tech dept if they even have one?.. could be a bug or the sensor is set too weak to detect air movement at airflow level 1 (firmware settings of the sensor that we can't control) .. I thought it had an independant draw sensor - same one that reports an E05 if you blow air into it and that it wasn't actually monitoring the temp drop for keep alive like the mighty or crafty.. but actually monitors air flow in both directions.. but nobody can answer that except S&B 😞

I do have a theory as to why some may still be having problems: way back in the beginning they bricked all those ventys then there was a long pause in shipping of new units.. I bet someone on the board decided to just move ahead with stock and fix any issues on a case by case basis via support and they just sold the tainted stock when they resumed shipping new units.. pretty bad decision if u ask me if this was the case, it wasn't worth the reputation damage.. but corporate will be corporate, lol. This is just speculation on my part as S&B remains silent on the issue so that's all we can do is speculate ... mine had some E04s in the beginning but it always reset itself immediately to a working state (rebooted itself).. after the 1.07 firmware update haven't seen one since (it had 1.02 originally).. tbf haven't been using it much lately (other vas) but did use it the other day and it worked fine.. hope you figure out your issue..

see if it works out for you just letting it sleep on its own and waking for the next puff.. should take only a few seconds to reach temp again.. oven stays pretty hot even when off for a while..
This is all new to me. I didn't know some Ventys kept shutting off. I've had 4 of them, and they all stayed on during use until I shut them off. My 4th Venty turned 3 months old, and I'm hoping that's a good sign it will keep lasting. :)

Hyperspace,

n0tu2

This is all new to me. I didn't know some Ventys kept shutting off. I've had 4 of them, and they all stayed on during use until I shut them off. My 4th Venty turned 3 months old, and I'm hoping that's a good sign it will keep lasting. :)

Just think it's his use scenario making it shutoff .. I use mine on airflow level 2 set just between the two lines.. but i take long draws 8-10 seconds a go.. assume he is using level 1 and taking quick short puffs for mouth to lung hits..The Venty can't tell he's drawing (may be bug). The E04s I was getting in the beginning would be 5 seconds into the draw it would just E04 then reboot after a few seconds and still work.. (stopped after firmware update) My venty never turns off on its own during a session but it will if you don't take a hit after 2 minutes or so.. that's normal.. I don't do long extended sessions though.. power on at higher temp then 4 to 6 long rips back to back to back and it's done enough for me..session over in a couple mins.. could go longer but weed isn't scarce for me and when the flavor drops I'm done..just toss it.. don't need to squeeze every drop out of it.. i know other peoples situations are different.. I use it more like the TM.. quick rips and done

Just think it's his use scenario making it shutoff .. I use mine on airflow level 2 set just between the two lines.. but i take long draws 8-10 seconds a go.. assume he is using level 1 and taking quick short puffs for mouth to lung hits..The Venty can't tell he's drawing (may be bug). The E04s I was getting in the beginning would be 5 seconds into the draw it would just E04 then reboot after a few seconds and still work.. (stopped after firmware update) My venty never turns off on its own during a session but it will if you don't take a hit after 2 minutes or so.. that's normal.. I don't do long extended sessions though.. power on at higher temp then 4 to 6 long rips back to back to back and it's done enough for me..session over in a couple mins.. could go longer but weed isn't scarce for me and when the flavor drops I'm done..just toss it.. don't need to squeeze every drop out of it.. i know other peoples situations are different.. I use it more like the TM.. quick rips and done
I do the same thing. I always stop when the flavor changes, which is usually around 2 minutes. I can't imagine trying to get 4 or more minutes off one bowl.

Hyperspace,

n0tu2

I do the same thing. I always stop when the flavor changes, which is usually around 2 minutes. I can't imagine trying to get 4 or more minutes off one bowl.
ya, people that are doing extended usually start at low temps 310-320F few 5 second hits.. then after a while 350F.. few 5 second hits.. 365F ... 375F.. up to 410F max over time.. i tried this and not for me.. works but no time for that 20 minute session, lol .. rip it and done at max.. sometimes start at 380 but depends on mood.. every1 uses it differently.. i like both venty and TM2.. but TM2 done even quicker.. 3-4 hits.. but nothing is stopping you from starting at 2 or 3 on the TM and doing the same, lasts much longer.. depends on you.. i stop my draws when I can't take the terp tickle anymore.. usually 8 sec is when I start feeling the terp tickle and if I go over 10 seconds for a mega rip the terps will make me cough.. even w.TM.. Venty tastes better and has fluffier vapor then the TM.. but both are equally effective for me

cindixdk

I am also on my 2nd Venty but have barely used it in the past 2-3 months due to personal reasons.
Anyways I just bought a 2nd hand OG Mighty again because I know it is a tank and I just can't trust the Venty's reliability with all the Errors out there. They are just too many of us, show me similar discussions about other vapes if you don't believe it.

The cool thing is, I still have a lot of accessories for the Mighty which I never sold and partly never used either like a glass mouth piece and a bong adapter. Can't wait to try them out soon!

I must admit that the Venty in combination with a bong is unbeatable regarding the performance and overall experience.
I also kept my Mighty+ as my backup vape (essential for medical use) which has now rotated back into full time service as I hate the Venty! I have all the available accessories including 3 cooling units for the Venty, 2 for the Mighty+, the Fast USBC Charger, 50+ Dosing Capsules Inc 4x oil caps and their aluminum container and filling tray and 2x 8shooters, large and 2x small grinders, triple sets of gaskets and o-rings and gauze grills. Only thing I had not bought was the car charger and the Venty Case as I have the one for the Mighty+.
Yes I have spent too much, but not a cent more...

passenger

is this thing on?
Did I miss it or has there never been an official statement about the quality issues with the Venty line? If that's true... what does it mean to you guys?

passenger,
Reactions: Jack_72
Top Bottom