Venty by Storz & Bickel

passenger

is this thing on?
Value is an interesting word :) I think it can't be altruism if you silently exchange every faulty device over and over without commenting on it? It makes me wonder what the production costs of a unit would be to be able to do so? It's a shame to deliver one faulty unit after another without commenting.

chillAtGVC

Value is an interesting word :) I think it can't be altruism if you silently exchange every faulty device over and over without commenting on it? It makes me wonder what the production costs of a unit would be to be able to do so? It's a shame to deliver one faulty unit after another without commenting.
They are required to exchange them as per the terms of their own warranty. I expect that they (most likely their legal team) have decided that any statement would only further harm the company's reputation. I think that is likely wrong, but I don't run S&B. It may also be that they simply don't know why this is happening. I find that idea somewhat frightening.

I agree, I think saying nothing is bad for business. It makes it look like they don't care about their customers. It kind of reminds me of Purina saying nothing is wrong while hundreds of pets are dying off their foods.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
It’s also worth noting that those who have had a bad experience are orders of magnitude more likely to do things like post that experience on enthusiast forums. I’m not implying there is no problem, but if you are taking this thread as some sort of bellwether you are likely to come away with a far exaggerated view of the actual scope of the problem.

I only bought my Venty a few months ago, so I went in eyes wide open and am more than happy with the upgrade over Mighty+. I have way too many amazing vapes, and still find myself using my Venty by choice over top end desktops at times. If mine fails I will be most upset at the time I won’t have with it, far more than with S&B for selling it to me in the first place.

Adgej123

Messaged Troy from 420vapezone and he has heard of the button issues before, thinks it's related to oils/THC making contact with buttons, from finger tips. Logical but strange that such a device, suffers and Mighty never had an issue

justcametomind

"Quality issues": IIRC one of the users with a button falling off uses his Venty for 3 hours straight on average per day and has an operation timer with hundreds of hours.
If I vaped ten grams a day on a single (battery) portable I would expect some wear and tear (even unusual or unheard of).

Last edited:

AndyO

The button issues are odd to me. I'm surprised people are changing their temps that often. I turn mine on, it's on 190 degrees. After a couple of draws I'll double click the power button up to 205. Then I turn it off. A session requires 4 button clicks.

I know you shouldn't have to use a vape like that, that's not what I'm saying at all. I probably just expected that more people used it like me, as opposed to people who are doing 10, 12. 15 button clicks per sesh and wrecking their up and down buttons.

leanpubpackage

I don’t mess with temps and only use the power button to adjust the preset temperatures.

I notice that my throat will hurt the next morning if I vape at 410, so I don’t bother going beyond 383.

Really just a joy to use, and I’ve used a LOT of vapes.

I was OK risking QA issues because I got mine at a steep discount and knew what I was getting myself into. Plus, new device if anything goes happen for 3 years. I can understand the frustration if you paid full price and was caught off guard by errors and button issues.

Adgej123

I think button pressing amount really should be a non issue here. Both devices buttons have failed within 6 months of each being brand new. This isn’t extraordinary button mashing wasting away at the rubber. The whole power button is intact, just near-completely separated from the frame and a large hole in the middle. Absolutely has to be poorer quality material that can’t have been used on previous devices from S&B that have the same daily use, by me, over a considerably longer time. It’s fair to expect working buttons after 4/5 months, if they were made out of anything durable this wouldn’t be a conversation.

I think button pressing amount really should be a non issue here. Both devices buttons have failed within 6 months of each being brand new. This isn’t extraordinary button mashing wasting away at the rubber. The whole power button is intact, just near-completely separated from the frame and a large hole in the middle. Absolutely has to be poorer quality material that can’t have been used on previous devices from S&B that have the same daily use, by me, over a considerably longer time. It’s fair to expect working buttons after 4/5 months, if they were made out of anything durable this wouldn’t be a conversation.

Just curious, how many total hours of runtime on your Venty?

letter never sent,

Polishzx

Just wanted to follow up on my Venty that failed a bit over a month after purchase. I was able to return my device for a refund since it failed so soon after purchase. I ended up buying a TinyMight 2 and I'm very happy with it. I left a larger post about my impressions of TM2 versus a Mighty(and little bit of Venty) in the Mighty thread since that is truly what I've im upgrading from, so check that out if you're interested. Best of luck to everyone riding this out, I really hope S&B pull their head out of their ass, otherwise they can certainly expect hear more AI diss tracks.

tm2.jpg

edit: Mod moved my post, whatever.

Last edited:

Gorillaz7

Bern it Up or Bern it Down
Just wanted to follow up on my Venty that failed a bit over a month after purchase. I was able to return my device for a refund since it failed so soon after purchase. I ended up buying a TinyMight 2 and I'm very happy with it. I left a larger post about my impressions of TM2 versus a Mighty(and little bit of Venty) in the Mighty thread since that is truly what I've im upgrading from, so check that out if you're interested. Best of luck to everyone riding this out, I really hope S&B pull their head out of their ass, otherwise they can certainly expect hear more AI diss tracks.

tm2.jpg

edit: Mod moved my post, whatever.
Where did you get that stem!!!! I also own the Purple Heart!! And a Crafty+! I had the Venty but returned without even opening it, I knew I was not going to have piece of mind with all those issues! I might wait a year or two and try the Venty!

Gorillaz7,
Reactions: Polishzx

leanpubpackage

alright, ~100 bowls in with the venty right now and wanted to share some thoughts.

Vapor: Very fluffy, and the vapor production is consistent throughout the entire draw, assuming your herb is primed and has vapor to give. The exhale is satisfying and you can see the cloud roll over each other…if that makes sense. The vapor does get harsh if you immediately start a fresh bowl at 410. The terps are overwhelming at that temp, and hurts my throat. Temp stepping is more enjoyable

Flavor: It’s alright, definitely muted compared to a convection-only device

Signature: GREAT. I am typically a fan of hybrid devices because to me, it always gets the extra OOMPH out of the herb, and this is no exception. Quality of the high is probably the best out of any of my devices. I don’t go above 383, which probably helps preserve the terpenes and canabinoids that get destroyed? at higher temps. no clue, just a guess

Ease of use: None easier. Every person I have passed this to loved it.

Price: $450 is too high. Get it on sale. I got mine at a steep discount.

Build quality: surprisingly great for a plastic device. feels great in the hand. no issues soaking the CU in a short iso bath. The only accessories I have for the venty is the alu dosing capsules. Haven’t found a need for anything more. ER04 is a thing, and there’s a 3 year warranty. I‘m not sweating it. With my VAS, i’ll have moved onto something new by then.

Battery Life: I would say it’s good for 12ish heat ups from cold. I would‘t count the battery life by bowls because if you do back to back, it’s less energy to maintain temp vs start from cold

dench

Sorry, I didn't read the whole topic. Is Venty better than TinyMight 2? Or is TinyMight 2 still №1 among portable vaporizers?
If we ignore the EO4 error and imagine theoretically that this malfunction does not exist, then which of these two vaporizers is more pleasant to vaporize weed through?

Last edited:
dench,
  • Haha
Reactions: cosimo

chillAtGVC

Sorry, I didn't read the whole topic. Is Venty better than TinyMight 2? Or is TinyMight 2 still №1 among portable vaporizers?
If we ignore the EO4 error and imagine theoretically that this malfunction does not exist, then which of these two vaporizers is more pleasant to vaporize weed through?

I've not tried a TM2 yet. But my nod for the No 1 portable is the Arizer Solo 3.

chillAtGVC,

dude_de

Venty better than TinyMight 2?
I think "which is better" can only be answered by each Person, very subjectively. Here's the guy like me who has been smoking too much and finds himself coughing rather easily. Here's the girl who has been ripping bongs by the gram her entire life and enjoys the lung busting, fat and dense clouds the TM2 can deliver.

I have both, I use both. The TM2 mostly on a bong. Gives me more control.
which of these two vaporizers is more pleasant to vaporize weed through?

For me, definitely the Venty. The lady in my life vapes with me occasionally. She started off on the Davinci Miqro, outgrew that and snatched my Crafty+ and now prefers the Venty. And she vapes the glo tobacco sticks from BAT, where a baby sip makes me cough my balls off.

Venty is definitely the most pleasant device I own. For me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom