Vapman

T9R

The first will always be special 💚

IMG-20240710-170123685.jpg

dumper

Anyone have any experience with repairing the legs on the bowl/heating element? All 3 legs broke off my vapman classic (original, not 2.0). I've spoken to Inhale about it, but they just said it's impossible to fix and sorta left me hanging. Apparently the replacement heating element on their site is only compatible with the pure and 2.0. Shame, because my experience so far has been great - love this vape! Wondering if I should just bite the bullet and buy a fresh 2.0 unit
jrewjq4mi6dd1.jpeg

coolbreeze

Anyone have any experience with repairing the legs on the bowl/heating element? All 3 legs broke off my vapman classic (original, not 2.0). I've spoken to Inhale about it, but they just said it's impossible to fix and sorta left me hanging. Apparently the replacement heating element on their site is only compatible with the pure and 2.0. Shame, because my experience so far has been great - love this vape! Wondering if I should just bite the bullet and buy a fresh 2.0 unit
jrewjq4mi6dd1.jpeg
It looks like you will get your enjoyment out of it. I would do it. And if you can manage to separate those parts that V1 midsection will still fit, so you'd have both versions, effectively.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
jrewjq4mi6dd1.jpeg
Wow! I can't imagine how you even managed to do that, but it looks pretty difficult to repair!

As @coolbreeze said, at least you can salvage the midsection.

Good luck with it.

dumper

Wow! I can't imagine how you even managed to do that, but it looks pretty difficult to repair!

As @coolbreeze said, at least you can salvage the midsection.

Good luck with it.
Thanks @coolbreeze and @Vapenvy - I'll likely end up buying the 2.0! I'm fond of bubble hash and unfortunately left the top portion locked in all night instead of disassembling and cleaning like I normally do. The bowl ended up fusing to the steel screen, so when I twisted/unlocked the top portion the next day it ripped the bowl clean off its legs. Lesson learned!

coolbreeze

Thanks @coolbreeze and @Vapenvy - I'll likely end up buying the 2.0! I'm fond of bubble hash and unfortunately left the top portion locked in all night instead of disassembling and cleaning like I normally do. The bowl ended up fusing to the steel screen, so when I twisted/unlocked the top portion the next day it ripped the bowl clean off its legs. Lesson learned!
If it happens again try heating it a little to loosen the goo.

Electrofever

jrewjq4mi6dd1.jpeg
This VM looks like it has been really loved :)

Radwin Bodnic

jrewjq4mi6dd1.jpeg

I agree with @coolbreeze idea to get a 2.0 and keep this midsection to be able to switch.

I'd do a deep (pure) acetone clean on this one though. If you can't remove the bowl by heating it the acetone should do it. And you'll get the fresh taste again ;)

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I’ve been away from here for a hot minute but I thought I’d stop by and once again express my undying love for the Vapman. It’s been so refreshing coming back to these lovely devices. Since I’ve hardly been using cannabis these days, a half bowl in this gets me right cooked and really emphasizes the efficiency of the Vapman. A little goes such a long way, and while that’s true for most vapes I think it’s especially nice with a small manual device like this.
A little session after work that’s easy to clean up and stow away again is exactly what I need these days.
Not gonna lie I kinda miss having all the different models I used to have of these, but I did keep the very first one I ever got (and a walnut classic, of course) and I’m very happy that I did. The Vapman ages like a fine wine, and even after many many bowls it still looks better than ever. It’s the kind of device where the possibility of it outliving you is very high if you treat it right. A testament to the simplistic design and expert craftsmanship from René. Looking forward to many more years with this device.

P.S. - hope you’re all doing well!

P.P.S. - just realized the Vapman is in its 20th year on the market this year. What an achievement! Another testament to simplicity going a long way.

Last edited:

Radwin Bodnic

I’ve been away from here for a hot minute but I thought I’d stop by and once again express my undying love for the Vapman. It’s been so refreshing coming back to these lovely devices. Since I’ve hardly been using cannabis these days, a half bowl in this gets me right cooked and really emphasizes the efficiency of the Vapman. A little goes such a long way, and while that’s true for most vapes I think it’s especially nice with a small manual device like this.
A little session after work that’s easy to clean up and stow away again is exactly what I need these days.
Not gonna lie I kinda miss having all the different models I used to have of these, but I did keep the very first one I ever got (and a walnut classic, of course) and I’m very happy that I did. The Vapman ages like a fine wine, and even after many many bowls it still looks better than ever. It’s the kind of device where the possibility of it outliving you is very high if you treat it right. A testament to the simplistic design and expert craftsmanship from René. Looking forward to many more years with this device.

P.S. - hope you’re all doing well!

P.P.S. - just realized the Vapman is in its 20th year on the market this year. What an achievement! Another testament to simplicity going a long way.

Good to hear again from you @Arawfish ! I hope you're doing well.
We still miss your nice pictures !

T9R

I'm curious to hear some final verdicts on OG Swiss vs Italian V1 vs Italian V2; for those of you who own more than one, which VM model wins the reach test?

T9R,

186°

I'm curious to hear some final verdicts on OG Swiss vs Italian V1 vs Italian V2; for those of you who own more than one, which VM model wins the reach test?
For mobile use the V2 Zebrano is my new number one. Standard mouthpiece. With lighter.
At home I still prefer my good old (and very first) OG Classic Pear with either a glass mouthpiece, a J-Hook or a small bong. Almost exclusively with the heating station. Occasionally I think about the pros and cons of the different models in comparison. I try to write it down for you guys some day, but I want to make it good and comprehensive. In short: I wasn't that much of a fan of the V1 models at the begin. Than, I liked the ideas behind the V2, but missed some features of the OG, but now, the Zebrano V2 got me hooked, I'm completely convinced. It's soooo good 👍:love:

coolbreeze

I think the Swiss and V1 Italian perform very much alike, both are excellent. The V2 runs a little hotter, may give bigger hits as a result. It cleans up a lot easier. But one I have sometimes doesn't work when it swells with humidity leaving it unable to grip the mouthpiece. This can't really happen on the Swiss or V1s.

The Swiss are more reliable on the stations because they're rounder and clear the walls, but if your Italian seats well it's indistinguishable in performance. The station can be easily adjusted to better seat your Italian models.

As far as reach test, I love them all, no real preference. I pick on a whim, same with torch v station. It's literally all good! : )

I think the Swiss and V1 Italian perform very much alike, both are excellent. The V2 runs a little hotter, may give bigger hits as a result. It cleans up a lot easier. But one I have sometimes doesn't work when it swells with humidity leaving it unable to grip the mouthpiece. This can't really happen on the Swiss or V1s.

The Swiss are more reliable on the stations because they're rounder and clear the walls, but if your Italian seats well it's indistinguishable in performance. The station can be easily adjusted to better seat your Italian models.

As far as reach test, I love them all, no real preference. I pick on a whim, same with torch v station. It's literally all good! : )
Can you please elaborate how I could adjust the station, to fit the italian v1 a bit better?
My swiss ones are getting way hotter at the same temp setting.

Thank you.

186°

@Bahama_Mama_please
Hello vapman family, I just spent the hole day testing all stations with different vapmans to really find out what could be the problem here.

1. I have checked several docking parts and I can assure that they are the same, so no issue there.
2. Each station is calibrated by me and David to the exact same temperature +/- 2C, so it cant be a calibration issue.

So i came to the conclusion that it can only be a positioning problem of the vapman on the docking part.
This can either be caused by a damaged vapman, i.e. a vapman where the pan no longer sits straight in the grip ring due to a bump or similar, causing the vapman to touch the edge of the heating station.
Or the docking part is not perfectly centered and the vapman is not sitting straight because it is touching the outside edge.
Of course, it can also be the case that the vapman is not placed right in its position or is placed on the station at an angle, but than the user is the issue.

we have manually aligned each heating station with the vapman and tightened the screws very firmly, but i would still ask you to check these two variables on your heating station/vapman.

If the docking part is not centered causing the vapman touch the edge of the heating station, there is a simple solution.

1. open the 3 screws by one turn
2. center the docking part by moving it to the appropriate position
3. switch on the station, allow it to heat up and then tighten the screws.

hope this helps! :)

Top Bottom