Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

SavedByTheVape

@LegaliseIt , have you ever tried using a smoke/odor filter? I have had similar situations with relatives and housemates and found that using my own diy sploof or even one of the branded ones (sploofy, smoke buddy, etc.) is very effective in eliminating the odor entirely (especially with vapor). This may help facilitate you to enjoy your EVO more comfortably at home! Here's a link to an informative article that details the steps to building one from scratch and the science behind how they get the job done:

http://www.hailmaryjane.com/the-best-diy-sploofs-for-eliminating-marijuana-odor/

Happy Vaping!

SavedByTheVape,

LegaliseIt

@LegaliseIt , have you ever tried using a smoke/odor filter? I have had similar situations with relatives and housemates and found that using my own diy sploof or even one of the branded ones (sploofy, smoke buddy, etc.) is very effective in eliminating the odor entirely (especially with vapor). This may help facilitate you to enjoy your EVO more comfortably at home! Here's a link to an informative article that details the steps to building one from scratch and the science behind how they get the job done:

http://www.hailmaryjane.com/the-best-diy-sploofs-for-eliminating-marijuana-odor/

Happy Vaping!

Thanks, I'll look into it. And I sent this link to my weed smoking son. He would probably benefit from it even more.

Btw can someone tell me what are those bamboo thingies many of you mentioned here recently? I've checked Vapefiend.com and Vapexhale sites and could not find any. What are they for? Thanks.

LegaliseIt,

Poostuff

Please delete
The Evo isn't perfect I get that, but the market is full of portables so if you're after a strong easy to use desktop vaporizer & you don't like the Evo or bags your choices are somewhat limited.
If you have any sort of tolerance you won't be "blown away" by portables either.

Poostuff,
Reactions: ataxian

mikeben

Quick question do you let your bud sit for a minute after you load it or is it ready to go right away? I'm still not clear on this part.
I just push in the Elb, chose the HT or the dry mouth piece and it's instantly ready, as long as it's already glowing green. You do have to turn it on and get it up to temp first, but it doesn't take too long.

Somebody mentioned the temps being hotter when leaving it on. I did leave it on a while once first and had to lower the dial from my usual noon position for comfort, so I like to take it off and on. I leave it on the table when I use it and only touch the very bottom to steady it. I don't like using the sleeve, and I don't feel good about moving the EVO base around too much. I mean this thing is all glass and so I treat it very gentle.

Last edited:

mikeben

Wow! Ok some high grade stuff prepared with the new SCS.....needed to turn it to 10 30 to get it down to the normal noon cloud comfort! Next time use I will use half of my normal elb fill with that grade! One of my most intense flavor experiences ever. Be careful with this wonderful beast. Killed a migraine and unstuffed my nose!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The Evo isn't perfect I get that, but the market is full of portables so if you're after a strong easy to use desktop vaporizer & you don't like the Evo or bags your choices are somewhat limited.
If you have any sort of tolerance you won't be "blown away" by portables either.
I have a simple no thrills SOLO however I think a EVO would be way powerful compared!

You should buy a pack of papers and call it a day!

ataxian,
Reactions: Poostuff

twosilvertrees

lose the planetary mindset
Glad you're enjoying it, @mikeben ! After returning from my weeklong tbreak I gotta say the EVO has been absolutely melting my face (in a good way, of course). I spent all day yesterday studying for finals/working on papers and rewarded myself with an EVO sesh before bed and it was pretty great, I gotta say.

@BoinG Man, that glass piece looks beautiful. I wonder when the new HTs will be available? As someone who knows next to nothing about glass (my Turbine is the first piece of glass I've ever owned) I wonder if it'd even be worth it for someone like me to purchase another tube in the future. Does having a different HT really change/alter the experience that much? Not asking in a sarcastic way or anything, I genuinely don't know!

Also a bit of a comfort to see sm55 has to also scrape a sticky dab along the slit of the nail and hope for the best :p.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Also a bit of a comfort to see sm55 has to also scrape a sticky dab along the slit of the nail and hope for the best :p.

I was surprised he scraped it along the upper edge of the slit though. I've always scraped onto the bottom edge. Reason being, as it melts, it's going to go downwards. That way there's no chance of it leaking out the slit and into your bamboo while hitting it.

Poostuff

Please delete
I have a simple no thrills SOLO however I think a EVO would be way powerful compared!

Ha, I wasn't complaining I was replying, I probably should quote more. I say no to your papers. Hey but did you know if you say Evo in her ear enough times while she tries to sleep, your wife will either buy you an Evo for Christmas or divorce you. You should try this :)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Ha, I wasn't complaining I was replying, I probably should quote more. I say no to your papers. Hey but did you know if you say Evo in her ear enough times while she tries to sleep, your wife will either buy you an Evo for Christmas or divorce you. You should try this :)
@Poostuff I'm just busting your balls!

The EVO is on my Xmas list.
It's the kind of vaporizer I lust after.
My wife is going to get me one for Xmas.

Paper's I love however smoking is too harsh for me.

I prefer vaporizing to enjoy weed.

mikeben

That's what is interesting is the you got this intensity but smoothness at the same time. This even takes very powerful strains of dry herb and hashs and can make it as smooth as silk. It's all about the right setting and draw. Even dry it's quite smooth, though wet it where it shines. I can't understand how it retains so much flavor.

I too wonder about the Hydro Tubes and I have to think they add something to the experience more than connecting it to a regular bubbler would. Just that fit, and the way the designs work with the vapor, I have never seen anything like it. Granted I have only the one I have tried, but it's such an amazing thing. I am no glass expert, not even close, but I am more than satisfied with my two other bubblers for my other vaporizers. The only other glass I am interested in from here on would be another HT. Then it would just be to see if one makes a big difference from another.

mikeben,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
That's what is interesting is the you got this intensity but smoothness at the same time. This even takes very powerful strains of dry herb and hashs and can make it as smooth as silk. It's all about the right setting and draw. Even dry it's quite smooth, though wet it where it shines. I can't understand how it retains so much flavor.

I too wonder about the Hydro Tubes and I have to think they add something to the experience more than connecting it to a regular bubbler would. Just that fit, and the way the designs work with the vapor, I have never seen anything like it. Granted I have only the one I have tried, but it's such an amazing thing. I am no glass expert, not even close, but I am more than satisfied with my two other bubblers for my other vaporizers. The only other glass I am interested in from here on would be another HT. Then it would just be to see if one makes a big difference from another.
I have over 30 pieces of Glass!
One piece I have is a custom made piece here in CALIFORNIA called a HYDROTUBE.
It was made with a EVO in mind. I had it made 2 years ago. Your post is so painful!

I've been dreaming of a EVO since it's conception!

vaporlee

Today I got response from Vapefiend, saying that my unit is not faulty, but rather that it was working fine, and the syptoms were just part of the auto shut-off, so they will send the same unit back to me. So I requested for further inspection...
The technician told me that I shouldn't put the temp at 3'o clock position because it will overheat? Is this true?

I do trust Vapefiend and his team, but I defnetely had some problem, so it seems odd that they said there was nothing wrong with it...

My unit had these wierd behaviours;

1) Alternating Red and Green lights non stop, until the unit is completely off. (Like the oldschool disco lights)
2) Alternating Red and Green lights with 1sec interval. (I guess this is the auto shut off; but when I changed the temp it didn't recognize it, so I had to shut-off the unit)
3) Both the Red and Green lights were on together until I completely turned off the unit. ( When I turned it back on again it was still the same so I had to cool down the unit)

I was wondering how auto shut-off has 3 very different behaviours?

Dear experienced Evo users please let me know if these are regular symptoms and if I was wrong..:uhoh:

Last edited:
vaporlee,

shaolinmilk

I'm about to purchase my first desktop vape ever and I am torn between a log vape (e-nano or UD) and this beauty here... Should I spend double the money to get the Cloud or should I go with the efficiency route and go with a log vape? I know they both can milk a bong nicely and from everything I've read, they're both stellar devices. I currently own a Mighty, Crafty and Pax 2 and I'm not sure which desktop to get at the moment (leaning towards the Cloud). It would be extremely helpful if someone who has experience with both vaporizer to chime in and assist me with my purchase. Thank you.

shaolinmilk,

Mangos

Today I got response from Vapefiend, saying that my unit is not faulty, but rather that it was working fine, and the syptoms were just part of the auto shut-off, so they will send the same unit back to me. So I requested for further inspection...
The technician told me that I shouldn't put the temp at 3'o clock position because it will overheat? Is this true?

1) Alternating Red and Green lights non stop, until the unit is completely off. (Like the oldschool disco lights)
2) Alternating Red and Green lights with 1sec interval. (I guess this is the auto shut off; but when I changed the temp it didn't recognize it, so I had to shut-off the unit)
3) Both the Red and Green lights were on together until I completely turned off the unit. ( When I turned it back on again it was still the same so I had to cool down the unit)

Dear experienced Evo users please let me know if these are regular symptoms and if I was wrong..:uhoh:
Also got my unit from Vapefiend. The overheating issue will usually occur for me after nearly an hour of the unit being on and at the end of the session-when I turn the notch on the 3 0 clock position to finish the goodies, I get green flashing lights and have to leave it off for at least a minute.

1)Alternating lights happens to me to sometimes when I turn the unit on then a few seconds after it settles on a temperature.
2)Had this to but when changing temperature but then again it settles after a few seconds on green.
3)Not sure what you mean on this one- I have turned away from my evo then looked back and swore the lights were a shade of orange , then turned off the unit and it is back on red reaching a desired temperature.

I never leave my unit on past an hour so I don't think I can truly say I have witnessed my unit auto-shutoff. I believe the international units run hotter , which is why I removed my heat shield to improve things as that was giving me the overheat green flashing lights every other session. Did you use a heat shield when you had your unit ?
I hope you get your unit back in working order.

Mangos,
Reactions: vaporlee

stickstones

Vapor concierge

1 is the unit telling you it auto shutoff
2 - you need to toggle the button to reset it
3 is what my unit does when it has auto shut off and has been sitting for a long time afterward. It is usually cold when like this.

vaporlee

1 is the unit telling you it auto shutoff
2 - you need to toggle the button to reset it
3 is what my unit does when it has auto shut off and has been sitting for a long time afterward. It is usually cold when like this.

Even when changing the temperature knob was not recognized and it didn't stop the behavior..
Also the auto-shut off sometimes kicks in randomly.. like within 30~40 minutes?
The only way to tolerate these behaviors was to turn the unit off. Even then it would carry on with problem, so my only option was to turn it off and leave it for some time before turning it on again..:|

vaporlee,
Reactions: BoinG

Roth

Pining for the Mountains

I do trust Vapefiend and his team, but I defnetely had some problem, so it seems odd that they said there was nothing wrong with it...

How long does the EVO have to be in before this happens? All of what you're describing does sound like an auto shutoff.

Once the shutoff happens (mines around 40 min I believe), you have to toggle the power. No way around that. I'm just in the habit of toggling the power every time I finish an ELB.

Likes2vape

I'm about to purchase my first desktop vape ever and I am torn between a log vape (e-nano or UD) and this beauty here... Should I spend double the money to get the Cloud or should I go with the efficiency route and go with a log vape? I know they both can milk a bong nicely and from everything I've read, they're both stellar devices. I currently own a Mighty, Crafty and Pax 2 and I'm not sure which desktop to get at the moment (leaning towards the Cloud). It would be extremely helpful if someone who has experience with both vaporizer to chime in and assist me with my purchase. Thank you.
I love my UD but it doesn't compare with the EVO. There is no real temp control on the UD and while yes it milks the bong nicely it just doesn't hit as hard as the EVO. The EVO vapes the herb so uniformily it's ridiculous. I also think the EVO has better flavor throughout the load. The UD I look at as a functioning piece of art the EVO is a pure workhorse!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I love my UD but it doesn't compare with the EVO. There is no real temp control on the UD and while yes it milks the bong nicely it just doesn't hit as hard as the EVO. The EVO vapes the herb so uniformily it's ridiculous. I also think the EVO has better flavor throughout the load. The UD I look at as a functioning piece of art the EVO is a pure workhorse!
I want a EVO for that same reason!

The UD is a good vaporizer for different reasons!

Top Bottom