Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

CANtalk

@Caliganja420, I find it depends on the ELB volume; when vaping<40% of an ELB (in volume) I like the benefits from heat soaking the EVO first... and I try to go 15-20 minutes in those cases. OTOH, at larger ELB volumes (>40%), I find the amount of flower used enough to heat trap well... even in use with a fast 4 minute heat-up time; so heatsoak is unnecessary in that use. And sometimes I don't want to wait for a long heat up time with a small ELB load, so I adjust for it by adding an extra draw or two, or bumping up the temp dial setting near an hour or so. And it's worked well.

Adjustments can be made many ways with EVO use, and to personal preference.

:peace: :leaf:

IM1RU12,
Reactions: JCat

CANtalk

Here's a Sunday night small EVO dab of Super Lemon Haze live resin :tup:. At low temps, it was a big tasty first draw, and dense... a cougher :freak:.

jfbplissml351.jpg

The EVO is a combo rig here and works great. Have a great Sunday night.

:peace: :leaf:.

IM1RU12,
Reactions: A_Chris

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Still consider my self a noob when it comes to using concentrates. Been using CBD concentrates and rosins more lately. So I had to come up with a system. now I preheat the nails for 5 secs and scrape the concentrate into the side slit and allow it to melt into the bottom of the nail.

Got an email from Vapexhale today. Guess they are merging with BRNR and having giveaways during the event. You can register here. www.brnrlab.com/lift-off :
Join us!
BRNR LAB Virtual Launch
June 18th @ 3:20 - 4:20pm Pacific​

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
Still consider my self a noob when it comes to using concentrates. Been using CBD concentrates and rosins more lately. So I had to come up with a system. now I preheat the nails for 5 secs and scrape the concentrate into the side slit and allow it to melt into the bottom of the nail.

Got an email from Vapexhale today. Guess they are merging with BRNR and having giveaways during the event. You can register here. www.brnrlab.com/lift-off :
Join us!
BRNR LAB Virtual Launch
June 18th @ 3:20 - 4:20pm Pacific​

I got that also, hopefully this will be good for Vapexhale.

Ripbongs420

vapiff
OG FC dying. VXH is making distillate pens. Damn. :(

The days of watching this company bring an idea to life to supporting their new idea, created a great community. Change is usually for the best. Though ironically, I feel fortunate to be able to use my clicker daily. Best vape ever. :peace:

Last edited:

A_Chris

A quick question for folks on purchasing from resellers, particularly for accessories. I was looking up options for a Hydrofoot which led me to the following places:

vapingfans.com
planethaze.com

Both have sections for Vapexhale and have cheaper borosilicate and quartz nails, but vapingfans.com has cheaper non VXH nails. Has anyone used either place or are there places you do use for supplies you could share?

Looking up my options since I figured a hydrofoot wouldn't hurt.

Edit: Looks like the first link seems to be Chinese glass.

Attachments

• 20200609_152802.jpg
    20200609_152802.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

caliganja420

Here's a Sunday night small EVO dab of Super Lemon Haze live resin :tup:. At low temps, it was a big tasty first draw, and dense... a cougher :freak:.

jfbplissml351.jpg

The EVO is a combo rig here and works great. Have a great Sunday night.

:peace: :leaf:.

damn your nail looks very clean! I am about to purchase some concentrate (shatter) and I need to know how to keep my nail clean if I am going to use it multiple times a day just for wax. I assume it’s just one hit per dab? I’ve never dabbed with the evo and I am quite curious. Any tips and info would be appreciated. Cheers

A_Chris

A glass post (proper gauge/style) with a base to give stability to the hydratube you want to safely reposit/display . Ya know, so maybe ya don't knock it over and break it like I did! ;) I didnt know how necessary the official 60 dollar thingamabob was for my use. Heck, I should make one as a project.

I tried to post pics but the site wouldnt let me. Hit the links above and search hydrofoot or vapexhale to get to the proper page.

I've never heard of a Hydrofoot?

CANtalk

damn your nail looks very clean! I am about to purchase some concentrate (shatter) and I need to know how to keep my nail clean if I am going to use it multiple times a day just for wax. I assume it’s just one hit per dab? I’ve never dabbed with the evo and I am quite curious. Any tips and info would be appreciated. Cheers
I switched to hot water PBW in an ultrasonic cleaner for my glass/ELBs, and that method cleans best in my experience.

This talks about the settings and methods I do for dabs. To avoid burnt toast flavors I try to do a dab in one hit... I called it the "one-hitter" settings/method. I often dab ~15-19 seconds into the timer now. I typically do a high temp burn off (near max) for 15-20 minutes in the EVO heater after every Vapexnail use in the first 2-4 dabs (depending on how dirty it gets). Then away it goes for a deep cleaning.

Good luck and let us know if you have any more questions and how it goes.

A quick question for folks on purchasing from resellers, particularly for accessories... Has anyone used either place or are there places you do use for supplies you could share? Looking up my options since I figured a hydrofoot wouldn't hurt.
FWIW, I picked up a generic hydrafoot off of DHgate and it was far too small to use as a stable base. I never ended up using one. The ones that come with DHgate hydratubes are a good size though.

@Relaxed, how does the size of dabs you do in the VapeXnail compare to the picture I posted above? Anyone else? That was a good size for me... a cougher. How about others here? Do you go with more or less in dab size? I forgot to ask that before.

Wow on the EVO news, thx for sharing.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I picked up a generic hydrafoot off of DHgate and it was far too small to use as a stable base.

Consider gluing the small base to a larger base. I've done that, but I can't find them to take a picture. Buy an acrylic base off of Ebay. You can even make your own by gluing a 18 mm male glass adapter to an acrylic base (or wood round).

96-C2-D4-E8-6-EB1-463-E-BDBE-609-B062-A390-A.jpg

Glass candle bases bought at a Dollar Store

Last edited:

mustacheemperor

don’t you guys remember the Hanu Stone

Per their website, "created by the team at Vapexhale – a vaporizer company whose products were consistently awarded best in the industry from 2012-2018 "

:( we still think you're the best, VXL. Please, just believe in yourselves

While we're talking about finding recreations of discontinued accessories, anyone have a good lead on where I could buy a hydrabase? Base+whip was my absolute favorite way to enjoy cannabis in any form, Evo included, and unfortunately mine had a ground-impact related death shortly after they were discontinued.

CANtalk

Great idea @macbill! Thx and a great community here.

@IM1RU12 That is a lot bigger than I use. I'm probably the exception, but I literally use a piece that is smaller than a cooked grain of rice.
Thx for sharing. It's interesting to compare and see what others are doing. Anyone else?

The rice grain size estimate is hard to nail down... there's many so different types and sizes of rice, then cooked/uncooked :doh:. It's why I posted a picture... and to discuss it. I'd guess the dab in that picture is about the size of an uncooked grain of long rice like basmati/jasmine; somewhat thicker, but not as long. Haha.

FWIW, I've done a similar dab size many times in the EVO (with the one-hitter method) and there's never been any significant spillover issues; the bamboo looks good. Don't draw too fast though...

Last edited:

caliganja420

I switched to hot water PBW in an ultrasonic cleaner for my glass/ELBs, and that method cleans best in my experience.

This talks about the settings and methods I do for dabs. To avoid burnt toast flavors I try to do a dab in one hit... I called it the "one-hitter" settings/method. I often dab ~15-19 seconds into the timer now. I typically do a high temp burn off (near max) for 15-20 minutes in the EVO heater after every Vapexnail use in the first 2-4 dabs (depending on how dirty it gets). Then away it goes for a deep cleaning.

Good luck and let us know if you have any more questions and how it goes.

FWIW, I picked up a generic hydrafoot off of DHgate and it was far too small to use as a stable base. I never ended up using one. The ones that come with DHgate hydratubes are a good size though.

@Relaxed, how does the size of dabs you do in the VapeXnail compare to the picture I posted above? Anyone else? That was a good size for me... a cougher. How about others here? Do you go with more or less in dab size? I forgot to ask that before.

Wow on the EVO news, thx for sharing.

I also tried to do a one dab hit. After 2 dabs the nail was black as fuck , so I put it in the evo on the highest setting and it came out like new again. What’s the best temp for you? I understand you like considerably lower temps, but I just want to get high quick and extract as much oil as I can. I’m running it at 4 oclock, how’s that seem??

CANtalk

I also tried to do a one dab hit. After 2 dabs the nail was black as fuck , so I put it in the evo on the highest setting and it came out like new again. What’s the best temp for you? I understand you like considerably lower temps, but I just want to get high quick and extract as much oil as I can. I’m running it at 4 oclock, how’s that seem??
To get the best flavors and minimize toastiness, I've settled in dabbing at ~ 12:15-12:30 o'clock on the heater dial (~365 F) with the EVO. I haven't tried higher temps very much, and not as much I'd like to (I only dab 1-2 times a week)... when I did I was fighting toasty flavors. I find higher temps more tricky with the EVO to keep good flavors.

4 o'clock is ~ 450 F, so that seems reasonable... at least from many of the dab guides on the net. I've seen the 350 F - 450 F range often recommended and dabbing temps are about personal preference as much as anything. Is there a hold time for you at those settings before you dab (letting the concentrate sit for a bit with the nail in the heated EVO)?

I'd recommend trying different temps and see what you find out (plus let us know ;)). As mentioned before, as you go lower in EVO temp, the more (and longer) a hold time for the nail becomes helpful in vaporizing the dab in the EVO well.

AFAIK, most people low temp dab now-a-days. But what that means isn't very clear (the definition of "low temp dab" is all over the place with a Google search). I've seen it described as low as 300 F and as high a limit as 450 F or 500 F).

@CuckFumbustion, what temp do you dab using the EVO? Hold time?

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
@CuckFumbustion, what temp do you dab using the EVO? Hold time?
FWIW I use CBD products. Usually at 12:15. As soon as I see a plume form, I feel that it is ready.
My nails do still get residue forming and I need to do burn offs . So maybe I need to try other temps as well. But also avoiding the scorched taste at the end. Still experimenting on a best method.

CuckFumbustion,
Reactions: CANtalk

CANtalk

FWIW I use CBD products. Usually at 12:15. As soon as I see a plume form, I feel that it is ready.
My nails do still get residue forming and I need to do burn offs . So maybe I need to try other temps as well. But also avoiding the scorched taste at the end. Still experimenting on a best method.
Thx. That's a similar temp to my use. If you find some improvements in method and/or temps, please share. Enjoy the CBD dabbing.

Last edited:

Baron23

While I'm sad that VXH discontinued some of the HT designs (Turbine, the hydrobase, etc) I'm actually finding that its not important to me as I'm running my Turbine HT dry these days and loving that a lot.

For some baffling reason, it seems less harsh to me this way.

Cheers

jerri

Mod Note: Double post merged
This vape evo is why I dont need to light up my bong which is ready and waiting in the garage never have used it since I got my evo 5 months ago my method for me is basket with flower then kief with small wax ball about small dab size half grain of rice size and finish load with flower fill about 3 quarters of the basket turn heat up til 3 15 on the dial and rip 4 to 5 times on the Graphite P resicion H ydratube and I am as HIGH as the bong with same load did maybe the only difference for me is smoking gets you there a little faster but not enough for me to care I then clean the basket everytime I do it this way therefor FOR ME the evo is the closest vape for a Bong experience and the Plenty vape is the closest vape I Ihave for a CHILLIN smoking a DOOBIE on my front porch with friends experience Cantalk not sure your logo over here anyway I know you would get a kick out of this post buddy EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND

sorry forgot to ask anyone use a small grain of dab at 500 on the dial

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom