Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud EVO

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
I have a question about the Evo. Mine will sometimes flash green, not green and red. I'll turn the Evo off and on again and it will continue flashing green. If I turn it off for around 10minutes it's usually fine after that.

I've googled the problem, but couldn't seem the find the answer.

Personally I think the device might be overheating. Does anyone know what it means?
That's a slick system imo :nod:.

As I recall, the EVO instructions don't identify flashing green as indicative of anything @Cheap Vacation; so it isn't an overheating signal... and whatever fault is causing that unanticipated behavior is unknown :shrug:. You could always reach out to VapeXhale and see what they have to say.

Sorry for the mangled grammar in my last post. The EVO had me feeling greaat on Friday :razz:. It was only low temp vaping last night (11 o'clock on the dial). 've vaped some leftover fresh flower grind from last night with Golden Goat so far... and will finish the high temp vape draws with yesterday's flower. I think it will be a concentrates Saturday eve too :clap:.

Enjoy the weekend.

:peace: :leaf:

It's not a fault, it's the unit telling you it's in standby mode. The unit only stays "on" for a fixed period of time, if you don't shut it off it shuts off itself and that is what the light is telling you.

Relaxed,
Reactions: macbill

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
...Mine will sometimes flash green, not green and red. I'll turn the Evo off and on again and it will continue flashing green. If I turn it off for around 10minutes it's usually fine after that... ...Personally I think the device might be overheating...
It's an oversensitive over-heat protection. As you figured out, the only way around it is to wait few minutes to cool down and restart.
My EVO will go into this mode every time I turn it on while it's actual current temperate is above about 1 o'clock on the dial.
Hence why it's oversensitive - it's not actualy overheated, but it thinks so. It tests it at every startup and triggers even at those normal operating temps at 1-2 o'clock and above.
It never triggered at any other time that at startup, so as long as you don't restart it while heated up it shouldn't be a a problem. And if you use it below these temperatures you should be able to quickly restart anytime.
And if you get it, just wait few mnutes and restart. Then it will not get triggered and it will heat up.

Cheap Vacation

It's an oversensitive over-heat protection. As you figured out, the only way around it is to wait few minutes to cool down and restart.
My EVO will go into this mode every time I turn it on while it's actual current temperate is above about 1 o'clock on the dial.
Hence why it's oversensitive - it's not actualy overheated, but it thinks so. It tests it at every startup and triggers even at those normal operating temps at 1-2 o'clock and above.
It never triggered at any other time that at startup, so as long as you don't restart it while heated up it shouldn't be a a problem. And if you use it below these temperatures you should be able to quickly restart anytime.
And if you get it, just wait few mnutes and restart. Then it will not get triggered and it will heat up.

This makes sense to me. I usually have the temperature around 1-2 o'clock, and this the time it will do this.

Thanks for all the feedback people, much appreciated.

Attachments

• 15903095261197897150176569516938.jpg
    15903095261197897150176569516938.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 34
Cheap Vacation,

caliganja420

Happy EVO Friday everyone :tup:. It's CANtalk here with a new handle. After my weekly break today an ELB combo of Red Congolese, Strawberry Cough and Sour Tangie seemed appropriate (all strong sativas) :science:. Highly recommended.... and the EVO killed it here today :bowdown:.

@Bad Dog, thx for sharing the pictures! Very impressive considering that was a broken EVO... I hope you can try an unbroken EVO. A normally functioning EVO brings the goods :nod:. Premium desktop vapes each have their own unique advantages and disadvantages... and what the EVO brings is top notch for what it offers (a top end heater and super responsive (matches the FP specs for example), clean clean air path, microdosing and macrodosing capability with super fast bowl changes, low temp and high temp variability from sipper to ripper and highly recommended with both flower (ELB) and concentrates (glass VapeXnail) :cheers:.

Bring on the EVO talk and enjoyment.

happy to see you back. knew you wouldn’t leave us hanging! Keep up the good vibes
:tup:

caliganja420,
Reactions: CANtalk

jerri

Well just thinking weeks ago had a bad cough not corona allergies anyway vaped at 11 30 0n dial good clouds did the trick now healed I put flower then kief with a little dab of shatter then more flower filling basket about 3;4 of the way turn dial to 3 15 and rip this vape is a Beast or can be gentle and its fun with the hydratube kinda like playing the Sax I call it my Clinton as president Clinton loves to play the sax ok everyone have a GREAT DAY

readyman,

Zoltani

I don't have a desktop because I have sat on the fence about the Cloud EVO for so long, like 3 years. Bought many portables in that time. I finally decided to pull the trigger and I can't find it in stock. That lead me to more research and now I am leaning more towards the flowerpot, which is also out of stock. Who has used both of these and which would do you prefer? I mainly vape flower but plan to use bubble hash down the road.

Zoltani,

A_Chris

Pulled the trigger on a Cloud Evo the other day and I'm expecting delivery day after tomorrow, the day after my birthday! I started vaping nearly 100% this past November and I'm hyped for my Evo to come in. From low temp to lung busters it seems this tabletop is going to be quite the pleasure to use.

I currently use a Sticky Brick HydroMaxx, a Pax 2 and Vapcap products (with DDave Mods). I picked up a new Precision Honeycomb and second Helio mouthpiece which I've used with all my current vapes with a handy 14/18 adapter. Looking forward to the shipment and posts to the forum. BTW, the Helio mouthpiece on the Pax drew some cool comments this past week when out with friends.

A_Chris,

InhaleExhale

@Zoltani they now have the base units back in stock at Vapexhale. When I purchased I got the "Build Your Own". I didn't care for any of their glass mouthpieces and just got an EVO Adapter kit (18mm to 18mm) and an extra set of baskets.

When I purchased I already had owned the FC-187 from DHGate so I didn't need any of their pieces. I subsequently bought 2 hydratubes from DHGate - both from Stevenlmz79.

Zoltani

Ah yeah, I see that, and with this discount code I have I could get the kit with the hydratube for 360. I'm still leaning towards the flowerpot as it seems more versatile. I also wanna pack it up everyday and/or move around easily. Not sure which is easier for that, but flowerpot seems more compact and less fragile.

Zoltani,
Reactions: macbill

A_Chris

Recieved my package from Pennsylvania today and after intensive testing I'm pleased with the purchase.

Starting at "noon" was plenty though I turned the temp down for the next "bullet to the brain". Vaping fresh at 11:00 gave me such fine flavor and effect. The Cloud Evo has more power than I need so I only took it to 1:30 which hit quite powerfully. I used the Honeycomb as well as the Helios and Sticky Brick mouthpieces to get the full flavor at lower temps.

I am looking forward to investigating terpenes with this beast, I'm a medical user with access to quality medicine and the CE will be a boon for me. I like being able to hit it how I want it and how smooth it was.

Good show!

CANtalk

@Zoltani, good luck with your vape choice and buy. I've seen a split in users/owners over the years on FC (and other forums) that like one model over the other. The EVO and FP are both top end premium evapes. Each one has its own advantages and disadvantages so see what appeals to "you" most. Some owners like both equally, but differently. There's a large EVO community in FC and it's busy here... the FP has a big community on both forums too.

Congratulations @A_Chris! Smooth is a middle name around here :lol:. Nice glass :cool:. The EVO has crazy flexibility.; try new things and dial in your favorite experience. There's lots of good info in the original FC thread with settings, methods, details, hints, tips, tricks, etc. The third party support ecosystem is absolutely excellent too :clap:. Let us know how it goes and what you think. Cheers and enjoy.

Happy EVO Friday... I hope y'all are partaking today/tonight :tup: . I'm HAF after my weekly break again :science::science:... solid 8-10. Still doing strong sativas at low temps this first day back for extra kicks and lots of happiness (euphoria 2 :bowdown:). Signing off before (more?) grammar issues, haha.

Have a great start to the weekend.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I don't have a desktop because I have sat on the fence about the Cloud EVO for so long, like 3 years. Bought many portables in that time. I finally decided to pull the trigger and I can't find it in stock. That lead me to more research and now I am leaning more towards the flowerpot, which is also out of stock. Who has used both of these and which would do you prefer? I mainly vape flower but plan to use bubble hash down the road.
Good quality full melt bubble hash will work with a lot of vapes, though a flower pot bowl simply topped with the hash is probably a little easier to do than say cutting it into strips and inserting down the middle of the elb maybe needing tweezers. I own a Weedeater and had the pleasure of using a Evo for a little while and these are my thoughts. Both are premium units and both require at least a 10 minute heat soaking for best results. The biggest difference is how easily you can set the temperature, flower pot has by the degree temperature selection with digital read out, the Evo just has a nob which is a little more difficult to dial in, really only a problem if you're the type of person who wants the biggest hit possible that flirts with combustion. In the short time I had the Evo I was never quite able to get as dense a hit as I easily get from my Weedeater, I combusted twice trying but I'm sure it's capable. I prefer the simple repeatable ease of my Weedeater over the Evo but if I had grabbed it instead I'd still be very happy and I'm sure I could get the performance I desired

Bad Dog,
Reactions: Cheebsy

jerri

Anyone have dark shatter in the quartz nail that the first hit is great but then the vapor turns horrible and if I look at the nail there is a thick goo that emits no more vapor and I burn it off at max temp anyone have this happen I vape it at 2 oclock Everyone have a GREAT weekend

readyman,

Zoltani

Well the decision has been made and the weedeater in in transit to my door. The cloud evo has always intrigued me, but I the power, durability, and versatility of the FP won. I am hoping between the FP and a flux deluxe with a vapcap all my vaping needs will be met. VAS finally conquered?

Zoltani,

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
Anyone have dark shatter in the quartz nail that the first hit is great but then the vapor turns horrible and if I look at the nail there is a thick goo that emits no more vapor and I burn it off at max temp anyone have this happen I vape it at 2 oclock Everyone have a GREAT weekend

My guess would be that you are using too much. There are many here that have much more experience with concentrates using the Evo, but I have found most of my problems with it are due to using too much. I'm down to literally using a size of about a half grain of rice now. Temperature makes a big difference too, where are you setting it at?

jerri

My guess would be that you are using too much. There are many here that have much more experience with concentrates using the Evo, but I have found most of my problems with it are due to using too much. I'm down to literally using a size of about a half grain of rice now. Temperature makes a big difference too, where are you setting it at?
I use 2 oclock

readyman,

CANtalk

Happy EVO Friday :tup:. It's been a long week & I'm medicating with the EVO... may you all find a good space in these times :leaf:.

It was time for more strong sativas to start the weekend, this time Acapulco Gold and Sour Tangie with a bit of Red Congolese. I highly recommend all :). And go low temp in the EVO to see what they can do; I like to start with a draw or two at 11 o'clock on the dial (~320 F temp) and it lasts for a few hours with each session. I set aside my first low temp session bud for another fresh ELB of low temp sessioning (same stuff) and it's been great... with a few drink toos :cheers:. (I plan to finish both ELBs combined at higher temps later tonight). Sit and rip the EVO any way you want; it all works :luv:.

It's nice to see the EVO concentrates talk. I've been successful here too, vaping concentrates regularly with VapeXnails. Just last weekend, I again got a flavorful, robust and dense concentrates vapor experience off the EVO, cough cough :evil:... and with a concurrently impressive THC punch :freak:.

I've found that all shatter (good or poor) acts that way in the EVO. And in my experience, vaping shatter (and similar concentrates) acts similarly in other rigs (though the EVO can be quicker to move from good to bad taste <it is what it is>). FWIW, I've read lots of similar reports with the EVO on FC. As such, I've focused on a great first hit and it hasn't been a big deal since... as @Relaxed mentioned use small amounts and if you want more just line up more glass nails :nod:. I've often decided to do an extra nail or two from time to time, it's simply a matter of dose (to 'bring the goods' so to speak :bowdown:.

I vape shatter at 12:30 on the the dial, but with a long hold time for one big hit (look to my older posts for all the details on this), though there are lots of techniques and variations that can be used with success :). How long is your hold time and how much shatter do you put in the nail? Let me know and I'll try it... thx for sharing. People also have different preferences so try some different methods and find your own optimum. It's all good.

Great advice imho. It's easiest to start small and move up slowly from there. From that, I've found some flexibility in amount, successfully pushing a nice fat grain rice sized dab with impressive results :brow: (one-hitter style). The larger the amount the more disciplined the technique needs be in my experience... hold time, draw speed, draw length, etc. (which can vary from person to person as well).

Have a great Friday everyone. Enjoy the vape experience :peace: :leaf:.

Last edited:

CANtalk

Saturday was more EVO vaping here. Quiet on the forum
tumbleweed2.gif
; hope you're all enjoying life and/or the EVO/cannabis. The stash and EVO are delivering again :evil: . I decided to put off "concentrates Saturday" 'till tomorrow (the plan). I'm looking forward to it :science:.
So tonight I'm enjoying more fresh ELB flower
bdsm.gif
. I'm on my third ELB and strain (do it :nod:), this last one Platinum Bubba Kush. IMO... a class standard-bearer for both a high THC AND high indica strain. It's potent, haha. Look at the OG Kush background genetics and associations. More info here too.

https/www.leafly.com/strains/platinum-bubba-kush
Wikileaf: Platinum Bubba Kush Marijuana Strain Information
Platinum Bubba Kush | Marijuana Strain Reviews
https://cannasos.com/strains/hybrid/platinum-bubba-kush

Seek it out if you can. The flavors in this supplier/batch dry low temp (11 o'clock on the dial or ~320 F) were strong piney and spicy. Lots of visible vapor and potent :zombie:. A highly recommended try.

It's a big THC experience here at the moment with the EVO and PBK :science:... indulgent ;).

Enjoy the weekend.

Last edited:

caliganja420

What is everyone’s heat up ritual? I definitely notice much thicker vapor and faster extraction if I let my unit soak for 10-15 minutes. I think all vapes need a heat up period. But with the evo it does turn green rather quickly, like 3-4 minutes.

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
I give mine a good 15 minutes. I think that when the light turns green it's just the heater itself that has reached temp, not the bamboo itself.

Top Bottom