VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

webtroter

@Pipes. My PSM is a touch old and no longer charges. I opened it up and discovered that all soldering was still in-tact. I'm guessing its the battery. Where can I find a replacement battery?
see this post :
It needs to be 3S.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy...light-compatible-eflb0995.html?___store=en_us

Max dimensions:
Pack Size: 55 x 30 x 25mm
Charge Plug: JST-XH

It's basically just a 3S 20C lipo battery. But dimensions are important. There's a bonus link in the part list within Pipes' FAQ.

webtroter,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
There are links to some in my FAQ.
I wouldn't be so fast to assume it's the battery. You haven't provided symptoms as to what's happening with the charger indicator etc.
In general, the chargers are more prone to go bad rather than the batteries. Batteries usually degrade more slowly. :science:

Pipes,

webtroter

There are links to some in my FAQ.
I wouldn't be so fast to assume it's the battery. You haven't provided symptoms as to what's happening with the charger indicator etc.
In general, the chargers are more prone to go bad rather than the batteries. Batteries usually degrade more slowly. :science:
Would it be beneficial if I were to extract the battery and balance charge it on my skyrc charger? It's been now about 8 months since I received my PSM.

webtroter,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Maybe... Be sure you get the JST polarity correct when re-installing.
What is the charger showing when on charge? Does the LED go red at all?

Pipes,

webtroter

Maybe... Be sure you get the JST polarity correct when re-installing.
What is the charger showing when on charge? Does the LED go red at all?
Ok. I'll let you all know if it last longer or shorter.

I have no problem with my PSM or charger.

@goodpunk6 is the one who @ed at you first.

webtroter,

Toivarita

DynaVap M, StickyBrick, Miqro, Arizer, Legacy
@Pipes. My PSM is a touch old and no longer charges. I opened it up and discovered that all soldering was still in-tact. I'm guessing its the battery. Where can I find a replacement battery?
How long did you have the heater for, before it stopped holding a charg?

Toivarita,
Reactions: Pipes

Sketch420

They go in and out of stock frequently from what I've seen.

Seems a good price considering its like 9$ shipping on hobby king for US, though it may be different depending on location.

Sketch420,
Reactions: Pipes

Marlox

Hey guys,

please forgive me the laziness, but as i am no native english speaker it is kind of hard to read through 150 pages of a thread with mostly technical english... Tried to read backwards, but this doesn't seem to make it much easier for me.

So anyone willing to give me a short list of keywords or links i can search for to get a brief overview of building a simple induction-heater for my Dynavap? No fancy options, just a good working unit.
Or maybe there is a single build-thread about such an unit? With a little bit less discussion?^^

I hope someone may help me starting here :)

Toivarita

Hey guys,

please forgive me the laziness, but as i am no native english speaker it is kind of hard to read through 150 pages of a thread with mostly technical english... Tried to read backwards, but this doesn't seem to make it much easier for me.

So anyone willing to give me a short list of keywords or links i can search for to get a brief overview of building a simple induction-heater for my Dynavap? No fancy options, just a good working unit.
Or maybe there is a single build-thread about such an unit? With a little bit less discussion?^^

I hope someone may help me starting here :)
Contact @Pipes for a bare bones package.

this is not the forum for the question but I understand where you are coming from

Just got my PSM, what a game changer for using a vapcap. It works so well. I'd just like to figure out how to do lower temp sessions. Ideally I'd like to not go over 205c. Obviously you can't be that precise with a vapcap, but thinking there are probably some tricks like maybe pulling after the first click, and cooling fully between heat ups. So much info packed into this thread, off to scoure it for tips, thanks!

Toivarita

Just got my PSM, what a game changer for using a vapcap. It works so well. I'd just like to figure out how to do lower temp sessions. Ideally I'd like to not go over 205c. Obviously you can't be that precise with a vapcap, but thinking there are probably some tricks like maybe pulling after the first click, and cooling fully between heat ups. So much info packed into this thread, off to scoure it for tips, thanks!
Low temp cap

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
I frequently stop heating before the click. With my setup I heat for about a 5-count and inhale. It's easy to add another second or two if it's not hot enough. Dip and sip, I try to hover just before the click.

Top Bottom