• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Underdog Log Vapes

CurryLeafTreehugger

I follow this handy guide:

View attachment 5999
Ummm ... FUCK COMBUSTION! LOL!

Seriously mine lately has been getting charred. The grind is too fine. I used to get shake that was actual shake - broken bits. I could generally vape that pretty much as is, except for the occasional mini-bud. Lately they have taken to pre-grinding it to the consistency of tea fines, which is probably GREAT if you were using it for medibles and not so great if you were vaping it.

So now I have to grind regular bud and my grinder grinds it too fine. Both grinders I want to try are sold only from Canada, and they ship via postal service. I haven't been able to get mail for 4 or 5 years now so ... no new grinder for me.

If I lower the temp it doesn't seem to cook at all. Moving it back, same thing. Can't seem to dial it in for the finer grind from my Golden Gate Grinder.

fubar

Ancient and opiniated inhaler
The grind is too fine.
Try not grinding just once to see if that works for you?

Using the SS stem I've found I can just shove bits of bud in and get good extraction. I've been tearing little chunks off trying not to squish them too much and stuffing them gently in - very gentle tamp to get them down toward the screen. No grinding. No firm tamping. Small amount - total about 0.06g of avb.

One big hit gets most of it - knock out and break up the bits - back in for another decent hit. Done.

CurryLeafTreehugger

Try not grinding just once to see if that works for you?

Using the SS stem I've found I can just shove bits of bud in and get good extraction. I've been tearing little chunks off trying not to squish them too much and stuffing them gently in - very gentle tamp to get them down toward the screen. No grinding. No firm tamping. Small amount - total about 0.06g of avb.

One big hit gets most of it - knock out and break up the bits - back in for another decent hit. Done.
Been there. Done that. And a lot more often than once, LOL! Sometimes it works OK, but usually not. I'm not good at it. Still chars, only its a lot harder to stir this way.

I just need a coarser grind. I suspect other people experiencing charring may also want to consider switching to something that gives a coarser grind also. Uniformity matters with the log vapes too - my current grinder gives me about half coarse enough and half too fine, clogging the screen if you don't stir. The fines pack down as you draw.

raindawgg

Been there. Done that. And a lot more often than once, LOL! Sometimes it works OK, but usually not. I'm not good at it. Still chars, only its a lot harder to stir this way.

I just need a coarser grind. I suspect other people experiencing charring may also want to consider switching to something that gives a coarser grind also. Uniformity matters with the log vapes too - my current grinder gives me about half coarse enough and half too fine, clogging the screen if you don't stir. The fines pack down as you draw.
Is that why mine is packing down so much? I grind with my hands so I usually get it pretty fine, and it is always packing down restricting the airflow.

mysterion

The Vaporizer Avenger
Is that why mine is packing down so much? I grind with my hands so I usually get it pretty fine, and it is always packing down restricting the airflow.
Did you read the post I made asking you this?

* I use medium grind on my BCG. I will get avb that looks like yours, when I use a fine grind, because the airflow is more restricted. Probably creating that tunnelling Brian mentioned. It could be this. Can you grind less fine?
It will pack down and reduce airflow when grind is too fine.

CurryLeafTreehugger

I would guess so. Try a coarser grind. Most folks using grinders that come with different screens are using the medium screens but I'm not sure a coarse screen might not work as well or better (at least for me, with 100% glass direct draw stems). The shake I used to get was quite coarse. I wish I could get a new grinder with medium and coarse screens to find out LOL!!!!

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
I'm trying to wait patiently, but any idea on when the next batch of Alphas are going to drop?

Hopefully this coming weekend but we're waiting on glass and some other components so it'll be a few days after that stuff comes in. Fingers crossed for this weekend but the weather may continue to slow things down. :peace:

fubar

Ancient and opiniated inhaler
Still chars, only its a lot harder to stir this way.
I don't stir - it doesn't work for that method.
Try a toothpick to winkle out the plug of bud that tends to form after a single draw, crush it a bit with fingertips and suck it very gently so as not to pack down, back in for a second hit - held in with an upward angle in to the log, to ensure none of the crumbs fall back into the heater.
Currently I'm not grinding weed for the 'dog SS stem. Only for the fatter glass or my EQ basket.
Fuck grinders! They're greatly over-rated IMHO particularly with the extra conduction of the SS stem.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Life keeps giving us lemons and they feel like they're being shot out of a potato canon but we're doing our best to turn them into hard lemonaide.

Alpha glass should be here and available Wed of next week and we got more power supplies in so we should be good to push a decent size refresh out between Wed-Fri including a 'bunch' of Alphas. Taking advantage of this forced lull in production to catch up on some turning and getting some beauties ready for new homes.

Claro Walnut Burl Alpha
ClaroAlpha.jpg

Ripstar

Life keeps giving us lemons and they feel like they're being shot out of a potato canon but we're doing our best to turn them into hard lemonaide.

Alpha glass should be here and available Wed of next week and we got more power supplies in so we should be good to push a decent size refresh out between Wed-Fri including a 'bunch' of Alphas. Taking advantage of this forced lull in production to catch up on some turning and getting some beauties ready for new homes.

Claro Walnut Burl Alpha
ClaroAlpha.jpg
Holy Mother of Dogs 😲 😲 😲 😲

Ripstar,
  • Haha
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape

Claro Walnut Burl Alpha
ClaroAlpha.jpg
You are trying to get me killed......

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Alpha Dog @ 10.7v through the 15” American Helix beaker!

Alpha ‘Dog in the house!! :rockon: :rockon: Major thanks to @arb for graciously lending me one of his ‘Dawgs, codename: BIGW@NG

Meant to post something last night, but between the Alpha and the medicated Nerds...I couldn’t move! :mmmm:
Got so damn baked, I landed on this buzzed out part of YouTube where these dudes were making exotic swimming pools and small villas, by hand, amazing!

You might have saw pictures of this particular Underdong before, but I can assure you, it’s way bigger than you think it is 😂😂

Getting some really top quality vapor!! crisp flavor and phat milky ripsthat feel quite smooth considering their density!

My very first bowl out of it was a bit underwhelming - but I just hadn’t let it heat up long enough; rookie mistake: I reloaded the Nong, and this time it went like a horse.

More thoughts to unpack with this vape for sure! Gonna have an extra irie Friday, and I hope everyone reading this is too!!

🥳🥳🥳🥳

arb

Semi shaved ape
001.jpg003 (1).jpg
Roughly 4.50 inches tall and 1 3\4 inches in diameter and weighs 114 grams.
Fits all my pieces so getting to use some skinny straight tubes I have been missing.
Nice to see that video @invertedisdead I like a beaker myself some days.
Be curious to see and hear your thoughts after you spend some........quality time together.
😂

Ripstar

Alpha ‘Dog in the house!! :rockon: :rockon: Major thanks to @arb for graciously lending me one of his ‘Dawgs, codename: BIGW@NG

Meant to post something last night, but between the Alpha and the medicated Nerds...I couldn’t move! :mmmm:
Got so damn baked, I landed on this buzzed out part of YouTube where these dudes were making exotic swimming pools and small villas, by hand, amazing!

You might have saw pictures of this particular Underdong before, but I can assure you, it’s way bigger than you think it is 😂😂

Getting some really top quality vapor!! crisp flavor and phat milky ripsthat feel quite smooth considering their density!

My very first bowl out of it was a bit underwhelming - but I just hadn’t let it heat up long enough; rookie mistake: I reloaded the Nong, and this time it went like a horse.

More thoughts to unpack with this vape for sure! Gonna have an extra irie Friday, and I hope everyone reading this is too!!

🥳🥳🥳🥳
Haha, we must have similar algorithms! I wonder where in India they are in? Makes me miss SE Asian "pools" when we were there.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device

🥳🥳🥳🥳
Glad you got to play around with one of those pups .Underdogs are what made me into a dense high quality vapor snob :)),also got me forever in love with logvapes,that's why i am building my concepts around that :)).
On a sidenote those beauties up are just stunning ...

octeris

It's gotta be a technique or material issue as the vape core either works or doesn't and if it's scorching the material it clearly is.

All the stems will have a higher airflow thru the center and that's where the most heat will be so there will always be a degree of difference in how the material is vaped from center to side. :2c: Moving the vape around (turning it back and forth, etc) on the stem during a rip can help steer the heat towards the sides a bit but physics says the airflow will always try to return to center.

The NonG should be lightly loaded with an amount of material maybe 1/8" to 1/4" thick in the stem and the load should come right to the tip of the stainless. The picture makes it look like the material is down inside the tip a bit.. if so it's not 'supposed' to be that low in the stem. All that said the NonGs are meant as one-hitters and to extract one good rip and then be done.

The Glass in your pic also looks like the material is low in the stem. You want the material as close to the core as possible, like right up against the tip of the core but ideally with the core not 'buried' in the material. The glass stems and GonGs should be stirred for more even extraction across multiple hits if multiple hits are used. A lot of users (myself included) also use the glass stems / GonGs as bigger one-hitters and don't bother stirring.

It looks like your stems are dialed in weird and it sounds like you're drawing too slow (these aren't old generation Logs that need the 'milkshake draw'.. quite the opposite for the SC3+ and Alpha cores) but that's subjective and hard to say for sure. It also sounds like your temp might be a bit too high, at least for the draw speed. :2c::peace:
Do these tips apply to an SC2 core? Friend of mine is letting me use his dog and I'm seeing some charring in the middle just like raindawgg. I'm using direct draw on 10v at the moment. 10-12v didn't seem to make a huge difference, just how fast it heated the material.

Any advice is very appreciated. Thanks.

octeris,
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
The Nong that fits inside the core and has the larger bore through the nylon is Mrs.arbs favorite adapter.
Allows for some smaller loads while jacking up performance a bit.......worth exploring further @underdog

Top Bottom