Underdog Log Vapes

Cleanfiend

Are you waiting for a custom already in the que or for a refresh with new pieces on the website?

Asking because I'm going to try and get a small (non-Alpha) refresh pushed thru tomorrow with a handful of SC3/SC3+ pieces but I'm really pushing things here and if anything goes wrong it's gonna wreck the schedule.. if that is the case the refresh will be pushed back a few more days or until Underdogette has the time to get the site updated.

RE: the PD stems - they'll be too small to rest properly in the core (by a tiny amount) and instead of sitting on the stem-stop they'll probably rest on the top of the core screen so you'd want to be careful not to damage or push that screen down. The airflow might also be a little messed up but not sure.. there are fixes to all of this like putting a bit of silicone tube on the PD stem tip to act as a stop so they don't hit the screen and to stop/reduce air leakage around the too-small stem. :2c: :cheers:
Apologies for slow reply @underdog! I was waiting for, and received yesterday, a claro walnut SC3 dog.

What a joy the experience has been thus far. Thoughtful packaging, tons of goodies, and a truly elegant design and device. It's funny: I waited so long because I did not think that any vape could be-thrown my Purple Days from so many years ago: but damn, I was wrong.

Love this dog!

arb

Semi shaved ape
Apologies for slow reply @underdog! I was waiting for, and received yesterday, a claro walnut SC3 dog.

What a joy the experience has been thus far. Thoughtful packaging, tons of goodies, and a truly elegant design and device. It's funny: I waited so long because I did not think that any vape could be-thrown my Purple Days from so many years ago: but damn, I was wrong.

Love this dog!
The stuffs they put in with your awesome sauce log is really unique and well thought out.
I love those baby soda bottles hope they get them back in.

raindawgg

I've been trying to get used to using my new SC3+ but I can't seem to get it to vape evenly. Especially on this ss tipped stems or the nong it always just vapes it way to much in the middle, and doesn't vape the outside which is causing it to taste like burnt popcorn off one bong hit.
Can't get it to whitewall a bong like I always see people do either.
Anybody got any ideas to fix this issue?

raindawgg,
  • Sad
Reactions: dimmusp

arb

Semi shaved ape
I've been trying to get used to using my new SC3+ but I can't seem to get it to vape evenly. Especially on this ss tipped stems or the nong it always just vapes it way to much in the middle, and doesn't vape the outside which is causing it to taste like burnt popcorn off one bong hit.
Try moving the screen a little bit away from the heater.

arb,

vaporculture

I tried that, still just vapes in the middle so I end up having to stir after every hit.
Are you tamping the load? I find a fluffy grind, sucked into the metal tips and then tamped slightly so that the top of the load is pushed away from the end of the tip and ends up slightly concave, helps to evenly cook the herbs. Try and let me know if it works for you...

vaporculture,
Reactions: arb

raindawgg

Are you tamping the load? I find a fluffy grind, sucked into the metal tips and then tamped slightly so that the top of the load is pushed away from the end of the tip and ends up slightly concave, helps to evenly cook the herbs. Try and let me know if it works for you...
No I haven't been tamping the load. I just read on the instructions to suck up the bud. I will try tamping it in a little bit when I turn it back on and let you know how it goes.

vaporculture

No I haven't been tamping the load. I just read on the instructions to suck up the bud. I will try tamping it in a little bit when I turn it back on and let you know how it goes.
I think the factor at play may be airflow dynamics -- I believe that all else being equal the center of the tube would have the least resistance. Tamping lightly should pack the center of the load just a bit, increasing resistance, and even things out.

vaporculture,

raindawgg

I think the factor at play may be airflow dynamics -- I believe that all else being equal the center of the tube would have the least resistance. Tamping lightly should pack the center of the load just a bit, increasing resistance, and even things out.
So I should be tamping just the middle of the bowl, or should I tamp the whole thing then tamp the middle a little bit more until it is concaved?

Also Arb I am using it flat side up. I found it keeps the screen cleaner that way.

raindawgg,

Texus

So I should be tamping just the middle of the bowl, or should I tamp the whole thing then tamp the middle a little bit more until it is concaved?

Also Arb I am using it flat side up. I found it keeps the screen cleaner that way.
Take a look at some of the Sneaky Pete vape review vids, he has some good closeup shots of how he uses his trusty chop stick damper.

arb

Semi shaved ape

Well I am out of ideas......do you take short fast draws or longer, slower ones?

arb,

vaporculture

If you use your finger to tamp, you'll get the concave tamp naturally. It doesn't take much if you've used the straw method to pack the tip, the herb in there should be quite fluffy and a very light touch will do the trick.

vaporculture,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
In my experience I dont tamp at all. I use a medium grind, straw method to suck up the flower, and then theres usually some excess stuck to the end, so I knock that off with my finger until the flower is level with the tip, taking care actually to NOT compress the load. Occasionally I will have to give the slightest press down just to get those last little bits level, but for the most part I try to not pack down/tamp down at all.

With the SS tips I think thats pretty important, as well as grind consistency. Too coarse doesn't work well for me in the SS tips, fine can work, but a nice medium seems to be the best for me.

DarkRoast

can you let the underdog preheat the stem prior to drawing? Maybe leave it on there for 15 or 20 sec and then draw to see if you can get some conduction heat going?

raindawgg

In my experience I dont tamp at all. I use a medium grind, straw method to suck up the flower, and then theres usually some excess stuck to the end, so I knock that off with my finger until the flower is level with the tip, taking care actually to NOT compress the load. Occasionally I will have to give the slightest press down just to get those last little bits level, but for the most part I try to not pack down/tamp down at all.

With the SS tips I think thats pretty important, as well as grind consistency. Too coarse doesn't work well for me in the SS tips, fine can work, but a nice medium seems to be the best for me.
I tried this and it still doesn't vape evenly. I'll get one good tasting hit then it will taste like popcorn on the next, but when I dump it out there is still green mixed in with the vaped stuff.

raindawgg

Can you take a pic of the abv?
This is on 9.9 volts. One hit on the NonG. I get this every time no matter what I do. If I lower the temp it doesn't get as dark, but it still vapes unevenly.
EDIT: I don't know why the pic is that big. I tried to fix it can't figure it out.

Same thing with the GonG. 1 hit at 9.9 v.

Top Bottom