SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
I know not all Tubos run at exact the same temperatures, some run hotter, some cooler. I like to start around 370 on mine, step to about 420°f and can max out around 430. Black char at 440
Some here were able to comfortably vape at 460 and above out of the box. Just saying, if yours happens to combust earlier than others, work with your Tubo and lower the temp. It's just a number, and may not represent the exact temp your at.

leveltree

never wanted to beat that one ;)
I also would like to emphasise on the point of load position.
For me it makes a huuge difference, basket only up to 215° C (420F), in the stem I often turn it up to 230° C (445F).
This is to get similar avb colour.

BTW if someone is motivated to extend the tubo wiki, the link is tubo.wikia.com :)

caliganja420

I also would like to emphasise on the point of load position.
For me it makes a huuge difference, basket only up to 215° C (420F), in the stem I often turn it up to 230° C (445F).
This is to get similar avb colour.

BTW if someone is motivated to extend the tubo wiki, the link is tubo.wikia.com :)

Yes you are right, i have tried packing the stem and the abv is very light, almost green.
When i load just the rimmed basket screen on top, i get perfect dark abv
Hopefully the capsule stems work a bit better with the dosing caps :-)

caliganja420,
Reactions: leveltree

Azn2101

I finally ordered one of these . They look nuts . Any tips ?

I also noticed that some have been engraved . Is that still an option ?

Yeah, I think thats why "Custom" models are the optimal to work with but to what degree other than wood choice/Color/and the stock engravings im really not sure.
It would be interesting to see how all-out someone asked to go (no brag just interested) and the scary question would be at how much more.

Azn2101,
Reactions: bluesith

bluesith

I'm super nervous , it's been such a long choice to pick a vape , had my choices , then I discovered the tubo evic . I so hope it's what I'm wanting . Apparently quite rare so easy to sell . I just don't know how to describe how it looks . Kinda looked weird at first , now looks like the grooviest vape around and I can't wait for a blast now .
Also nervous because some modern TV remotes are too complicated lol , and this thing has options on options . Can't wait .

Azn2101

I'm super nervous , it's been such a long choice to pick a vape , had my choices , then I discovered the tubo evic . I so hope it's what I'm wanting . Apparently quite rare so easy to sell . I just don't know how to describe how it looks . Kinda looked weird at first , now looks like the grooviest vape around and I can't wait for a blast now .
Also nervous because some modern TV remotes are too complicated lol , and this thing has options on options . Can't wait .

I use a Joyetech duel for E-juice and instilled his firmware awhile ago just to be sure what im going to be dealing with (BTW needless to say the Updated Firmware for a sub-ohm mod is almost TOO advanced for novice users but it didn't take long to get acquainted with it)

Not to get into a very large convo but Im in the process of dropping all non active vapes and only about 4 are non artisan vapes (WS, TUBO, Splinter, Grasshopper/F2 on stand-by [heavily thinking about a Nomad but am already going to pay an arm for a replacement Okin.]) I truly thought the FIERCE would be my last vape but things happen, and in this case for the better and the TUBO Evic will be the last vape I buy, at least to anyone who has access to my fiscal statments ;)

From doing a lot of pre reading on genral usage thru the homepage it really only seems to get crazy indepth when you start messing with firing paterns/resistances but Im not even considered a novice cause I dont own one yet lol. I attached my Splinter just to imitate the Fiware on a 510 attachment and I can already tell its gonna smoke the regular Splinter (maybe not over but the same as the Z as its really smooth but ill find out.

Edit: Dude im super nervous/anxious too. I just threw together an order cause the pass to the paypal account i was trying to use wasn't working and I don't have my own PayPal (the first 5 or 6 went before 12:10pm PST) so I started freaking. But after the dust had settled no one had picked out a Pre-Built model that was very similar to the Custom i wanted w/o engravings which I talked myself into the the trade off of now & no engravings, just the woods texture which is art of its own to me and the Solid Pine will go better with the Acacia Stem especially as it ages to that Golden Tan-ish color.

Last edited:

greenmachinexlt

NoFuxLeft
I have a TuboX and both my Cuboid and Evic Dual have failed. I need a replacement mod. Looking at Funky's site it looks like nothing has been added as far as new mods that will work with the modded software we install to run the TuboX. I do not want to take another chance on an Evic or Cuboid.

Do I have any other choices for mods to run the TuboX on rather than those listed on Funky's site?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Azn2101

I have a TuboX and both my Cuboid and Evic Dual have failed. I need a replacement mod. Looking at Funky's site it looks like nothing has been added as far as new mods that will work with the modded software we install to run the TuboX. I do not want to take another chance on an Evic or Cuboid.

Do I have any other choices for mods to run the TuboX on rather than those listed on Funky's site?

Thanks!

I've been really lucky and have had a running IPV2 since 2014 and its just a 150 Duel Battery Wattage mod that works great for my Splinter and the Aspire atomizer. The duel is better for the Splinter but I feel like TCR mode uses up more battery life quicker than Wattage mode but you dont get that extra control. I have heard a lot of good things about the Joyetech Prime (2.0? Or maybe it is the original, the review was from the seller on Ebay) and kinda wish I got that cause of the cool grip/battery door and I think some upgrades but don't quote me. I have only used a Reuleaux Mod with a Z and the Stempod without funkyjunky's Firmware and it was just as good if not better (and I couldn't help but think that if he installed it for the Z it would be SOOO much better but oh well) but the ergonomics of anything BUT the TUBOx (unless soldered or glued to a cover like ive seen some on Reddit) are more off, just from the pics, and I don't judge cause its cool that they were able to do it (I wouldn't risk it.) So i guess if I had to sum it up, if your pretty intimate with wattage control and are ok with less control thats fine but it seems the best option is a TCR/Watt Mod and I really think Joyetech & Wismec both make great mods but each have their ups and down. The IPV2 will be 5yrs* old between Thanksgiving and the first week or so of December, I don't know how to post a pic on here but I really wanna show how beat the hell up this thing is and still functions the same as Watt mode in the D/VTC, but am also kind of embarrassed oh how terrible it's gonna look haha.

Edit: *4yrs.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@greenmachinexlt Well, here is the thing. Tubo can be used in wattage mod or TCR without issue just like the splinter with almost any mod. I have tried Custom DNA75C,Vaporesso Revenger,OKR-t10 mod with the tuboX and i can say the things that the TUBO software offers are just too good to pass on.. I can honestly say that none of those mods was offering superior function,precision or control than the WismecRX300 loaded with FJs software. I think that there are many members who own splinters,modpods,instaheats,project's ..etc.. and having TUBOx at the same time. I dont see any of them posting here about their tremendous results with those other mods they have.
Please note that even if your mod shows stable temp reads, this doesnt mean that the mod is working flawlessly accurate. Until you dont test the AIR STREAM with a thermoprobe like FJ does and tune the setting to match reality ,you have nothing.. than somewhat precise temp control for the coils.

Last edited:

Azn2101

BTW. Congratulations to the winners of the giveaway you lucky dogs ;)

So this is my first order from Lamart. Im a bit confused as to whether or not ill be having to pay a Customs tax for it coming into the US.

Azn2101,

Abysmal Vapor

BTW. Congratulations to the winners of the giveaway you lucky dogs ;)

So this is my first order from Lamart. Im a bit confused as to whether or not ill be having to pay a Customs tax for it coming into the US.
Who wont the other unit ? (I only leaned about the instagram winner)

Abysmal Vapor,

Azn2101

I don't think they've surfaced yet but either way you know =).

Anyone have any experience with importing to the US? Like I know its labeled as Aromatherapy & Art but will I get a separate charge from the Feds or State?

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I think that there are many members who own splinters,modpods,instaheats,project's ..etc.. and having TUBOx at the same time. I dont see any of them posting here about their tremendous results with those other mods they have.

They don't post here because it's the Tubo thread but I can assure you that they are perfectly happy and post in their relevant devices threads. The Splinter threads are blooming don't worry.

almost there

I don't think they've surfaced yet but either way you know =).

Anyone have any experience with importing to the US? Like I know its labeled as Aromatherapy & Art but will I get a separate charge from the Feds or State?
You should be good, no custom fees

almost there,

Abysmal Vapor

They don't post here because it's the Tubo thread but I can assure you that they are perfectly happy and post in their relevant devices threads. The Splinter threads are blooming don't worry.
Seems like you need session to calm your nerves ,I think you are getting vapor proud here.. and you misread my post ,even though this is the tubo specific thread,you are thinking out of context maybe.. Please point me to a post that someone claims that TUBOx is running better with DNA or whatever else devices better than the ones that can run the TUBO software :p.

darkrom

Great Scott!
I wanted to love this vape. After the long wait mine arrived DOA no heat at 250C etc. I’ve tried his battery as well as others of the same kind. I emailed them. I sent a message through their form on their own website. Crickets. Pretty much my exact fear with something from a “small artisan company” is that they wouldn’t Support their product once the sale was made.

Extremely disappointed that I’ve had to open my first PayPal dispute in a long time because they are unwilling to reply to their new customers.

darkrom,
Reactions: dudeguy

Azn2101

I wanted to love this vape. After the long wait mine arrived DOA no heat at 250C etc. I’ve tried his battery as well as others of the same kind. I emailed them. I sent a message through their form on their own website. Crickets. Pretty much my exact fear with something from a “small artisan company” is that they wouldn’t Support their product once the sale was made.

Extremely disappointed that I’ve had to open my first PayPal dispute in a long time because they are unwilling to reply to their new customers.

I understand the disappointment man, my Fierce bricked before 48hrs upon arrival and I had waited a few months past each pushback. I had to Fight to get back my Pre-Order Package + Dosing Caps refunded there too and they supposedly have some of the best CS. You don't have to explain if you dont want to but you don't wanna try and go for another unit?

Azn2101,

Abysmal Vapor

Wuut!? Sorry to hear that! Did you e-mail at lamart@oazo.ch and did you try messaging@funkyjunky directly ? I havent had any recent communication with him ,but things were good back in the day. I also know that someone else here was helping him with the e-mails if i am not wrong it was @Padriano .
----------------------
Now to your issue, what is the resistance shown on the display ? Is it 000 ? If so it may indeed be bricked,my OG TUBO was pronounced that after having the similar symptoms. Other possible case is that it is some kind of settings issue issue,please check if the set TCR number corresponds to the number on the door.
You can enter the menu by pressing fire and + buttons. Check if everything is like the standart recommended settings.
manual.png

Last edited:

darkrom

Great Scott!
I understand the disappointment man, my Fierce bricked before 48hrs upon arrival and I had waited a few months past each pushback. I had to Fight to get back my Pre-Order Package + Dosing Caps refunded there too and they supposedly have some of the best CS. You don't have to explain if you dont want to but you don't wanna try and go for another unit?

I’d try for another unit if they replied to me and let me. The fact that I had to make a stink to PayPal makes me hesitant because what if I have problems in the future with the second one? Would they just blow me off?

@Abysmal Vapor
Thanks for the tips. The TCR number is correct. The resistance wasn’t 000 I just forget what it was and won’t be home until tomorrow but I’ll check that then too. I left all the settings default figuring it’s best to try it the “stock” way before ever tweaking anything.

I really want to like this one. Checks most of the boxes.

darkrom,

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
@darkrom
For what it's worth, I have been in fairly regular communication with @funkyjunky via PM on this forum. I can not speak to the unit, have not gotten in on a drop yet, but have been discussing some custom art ideas ahead of time. Hope things look up for you soon!

Vapeur Rogue,
Reactions: darkrom

Azn2101

I’d try for another unit if they replied to me and let me. The fact that I had to make a stink to PayPal makes me hesitant because what if I have problems in the future with the second one? Would they just blow me off?

I feel you. Im like brand spanking new on this thread so im on the outside looking in metaphorically but I like that it does check all those boxes, and well too it seems (and hope)

Azn2101,
Reactions: darkrom

Abysmal Vapor

@darkrom I know your pain. I have gone trough it myself,mod part fried on my OG ,evics are know to have a small failure rate and we all know TUBO isnt user service-able. This is why i opted for the TUBOx. My 510 connection already failed twice because of me beinga jerk to it and it is quite an easy fix.It works good with almost any 510 base than can accept the cables and also if i brick my mod i can swap it easily with another one,sold for cheap on the local network :).

Top Bottom