IMG-20200511-001056.jpg
How do I unscrew the top?

:huh: 1 or 2 maybe?

not realy...

increase the temp
not too loose... and good greens :D

check if you have this o-ring:

IMG-20200511-001056.jpg
I don’t see an oring... just a metal spot where I believe an oring should be...

Anywhere I can purchase one that needs to go there?

DryBonesufo,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
How do I unscrew the top?
By unscrewing the bottom. You’ll need a T-15 (maybe T-20 might fit too) Torx bit. See p 187 for teardown pics.
There were a couple of recent reports of missing oring atop the glass cylinder. Not sure why as this is an important piece (used my TM reasonably well without one for a few weeks). What’s the metal spot you see? There’s a metal strip under the top plate coming up from the heater, also an important piece; needs to make good contact with the top plate.
Anywhere I can purchase one that needs to go there?
If missing oring described above its now sold on the TM site. :peace:

DryBonesufo

By unscrewing the bottom. You’ll need a T-15 (maybe T-20 might fit too) Torx bit. See p 187 for teardown pics.

There were a couple of recent reports of missing oring atop the glass cylinder. Not sure why as this is an important piece (used my TM reasonably well without one for a few weeks). What’s the metal spot you see? There’s a metal strip under the top plate coming up from the heater, also an important piece; needs to make good contact with the top plate.

If missing oring described above its now sold on the TM site. :peace:
Yeah, I have the metal strip but not that white oring

DryBonesufo,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Can anyone care to share some self troubleshooting? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I bought this unit from a very kind person on Reddit thread entexchange. Only seem to get one good hit and the rest little to no vapor..
There are a few things that can cause low power with the TM with mostly easy fixes
Easiest can be checking if the contact point of your battery door has oxidized or even gotten dirty interfering with contact. I rub mine on my denim jeans every time I change the battery. The battey terminal itself may also be dirty.
If people drop their battery in they can bend the contact on the bottom. You can pull it back out a little with a paperclip or hook of some kind. I always put my battery in horizontally to avoid this.
Even tightening the screw if it might have gotten a little loose may improve contact, though watch that you don't strip it.
One of the bigger deal power issues is a problem with contacts on the thin metal strip inside the unit. Many have added a shim under the strip at the contact point on the top of the wood with great success. I have not needed to do it but it appears to be a fairly tame self repair, especially with the great breakdown by @JoeKickass on page 187.
I know it's a big thread, but there are lots of good suggestions in it. When you get it working up to par I guarantee you will fall in love.

DryBonesufo

There are a few things that can cause low power with the TM with mostly easy fixes
Easiest can be checking if the contact point of your battery door has oxidized or even gotten dirty interfering with contact. I rub mine on my denim jeans every time I change the battery. The battey terminal itself may also be dirty.
If people drop their battery in they can bend the contact on the bottom. You can pull it back out a little with a paperclip or hook of some kind. I always put my battery in horizontally to avoid this.
Even tightening the screw if it might have gotten a little loose may improve contact, though watch that you don't strip it.
One of the bigger deal power issues is a problem with contacts on the thin metal strip inside the unit. Many have added a shim under the strip at the contact point on the top of the wood with great success. I have not needed to do it but it appears to be a fairly tame self repair, especially with the great breakdown by @JoeKickass on page 187.
I know it's a big thread, but there are lots of good suggestions in it. When you get it working up to par I guarantee you will fall in love.
I checked the break down.... I don’t have the glass tube lol boy... is the TM I got really that incomplete?

DryBonesufo,
  • Sad
Reactions: Bad Dog

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I checked the break down.... I don’t have the glass tube lol boy... is the TM I got really that incomplete?

Certainly sounds like it, seems you bought it from someone who wasn't satisfied, because it was missing parts that would allow it to function properly... Risks of buying secondhand, hopefully you can sort it out, get the parts you need from TM, maybe still under warranty even? Good luck!

BKR2311

:huh: 1 or 2 maybe?

not realy...

increase the temp
not too loose... and good greens :D

check if you have this o-ring:

IMG-20200511-001056.jpg
So loosen your battery cap and tell me how it works. Mine didn't work at all on arrival, and that was the fix for it. Why are we nit picking here? A cap with threads should be flush either way. This isn't some new crazy TM trick, that's just common sense

Also - people receive units with missing o rings, missing inserts, missing stem caps, etc. Is it really that ridiculous to recommend they check to make sure the o rings are all there? Especially considering mine didn't come with one of them so it's obviously a possibility?

Edit: Seems like Drybonesufo is missing an o ring too matter of fact. So I guess it is pretty common, huh?

Last edited:
BKR2311,

DryBonesufo

So loosen your battery cap and tell me how it works. Mine didn't work at all on arrival, and that was the fix for it. Why are we nit picking here? A cap with threads should be flush either way. This isn't some new crazy TM trick, that's just common sense

Also - people receive units with missing o rings, missing inserts, missing stem caps, etc. Is it really that ridiculous to recommend they check to make sure the o rings are all there? Especially considering mine didn't come with one of them so it's obviously a possibility?

Edit: Seems like Drybonesufo is missing an o ring too matter of fact. So I guess it is pretty common, huh?
The person I bought it from says that everything came in stock.... what’s the oring that’s supposed to be there called? Looking at the website but they have no pictures of the accessories lol

Certainly sounds like it, seems you bought it from someone who wasn't satisfied, because it was missing parts that would allow it to function properly... Risks of buying secondhand, hopefully you can sort it out, get the parts you need from TM, maybe still under warranty even? Good luck!
I had watch this review georgefiendvapes and he dismantled his TM. He also just has a metal tube and doesn’t look like he has that oring either... am I just over thinking this device? I am now able to get two thick clouds on 7 then I need to bump it up to get two wispy clouds. Also thank you for everyone replying!

DryBonesufo,

BKR2311

The person I bought it from says that everything came in stock.... what’s the oring that’s supposed to be there called? Looking at the website but they have no pictures of the accessories lol
Is the red o ring there? And it's the one that is supposed to be above the glass insert when you take it all apart? If so, it's this one I believe https://tinymightvape.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=77

It should still work without it (just not as good), so I'm willing to bet you have something else going on too. Keep at it. Still not sure if you have turned it up to 8-10 and tried that.

BKR2311,

DryBonesufo

Is the red o ring there? And it's the one that is supposed to be above the glass insert when you take it all apart? If so, it's this one I believe https://tinymightvape.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=77

It should still work without it (just not as good), so I'm willing to bet you have something else going on too. Keep at it. Still not sure if you have turned it up to 8-10 and tried that.
I do have the red oring. The stem is nice and snug. I mean on average how long does ones bowl last? Again, I can get two huge rips and the rest kinda wispy. I start at 7 and my bowl size is about the size of the Arizer bowl but a tad bigger. Also my wood is a bit darker than the rest of the ones I see her on this forum idk if that indicates a product model or just the type of wood that was chosen by the OG owner.

BKR2311

I do have the red oring. The stem is nice and snug. I mean on average how long does ones bowl last? Again, I can get two huge rips and the rest kinda wispy. I start at 7 and my bowl size is about the size of the Arizer bowl but a tad bigger. Also my wood is a bit darker than the rest of the ones I see her on this forum idk if that indicates a product model or just the type of wood that was chosen by the OG owner.
Well it seems like it's working decent then and you just need that o ring you are missing. As long as the bowl is getting spent, I wouldn't be worried how many hits you get. Everyone's pull/extraction is different, so that's way too hard to tell. If it's getting the abv to a nice dark brown, you're probably good besides that missing o ring.

DryBonesufo

Well it seems like it's working decent then and you just need that o ring you are missing. As long as the bowl is getting spent, I wouldn't be worried how many hits you get. Everyone's pull/extraction is different, so that's way too hard to tell. If it's getting the abv to a nice dark brown, you're probably good besides that missing o ring.
You think any oring can work or just the ones TM are selling

DryBonesufo,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind

I agree, that cap should sit flush; It doesn't have to cause issues, but it makes the cell rattling inside the device to be more likely, which *can* lead to contacts wearing out during transportation or the like.

I follow this thread for quite a while now. It's not very common at all.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Oh shit... you know what... I don’t think it’s a metal space at all. I think the oring is actually black on my unit rather than white
Yes the come in clear, black and blue.

Edit that must mean you do have your glass sleeve?!?

Last edited:
Bad Dog,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I spaced this morning and posted this in the wrong thread initially :doh: & perhaps a bit late to the oring party we’re having:

To be clear there are 3 types of orings for the Tinymight (color may vary with new units and you can find several on the internet in the same size and in different colors):

1. Cooling unit oring (2) - I forgot the size but posted herein many times
2. Stem oring (thickest one) - recently reported as 20x2mm
3. Glass tube/cylinder oring sitting on top of the tube below top plate - recently reported as 20.5x1mm

2 & 3 are critical for an optimally working TM. 1 is optional if you choose not to use the CU (I do 99% of the time though lately because all of you, I might consider de-virginizing my long stock stem sitting dormant for a year and some rigged screen to see what the fuss is all about. I’ll blame you all if I don’t go back :lol: I doubt I will but I’m now curious since I just did my bi-weekly stem & CU cleaning. I didn’t take apart the CU as I always do and the nuts and washers were still stuck together after an unprecedented all-night ISO soak. I love the idea of the CU and it works really well too BUT...). I’ll leave it at that. Back to the weekend! :peace:

EDIT: just a handful reports of the missing oring atop the glass cylinder and not sure why or how that is. Those may be harder to find than the others. When in doubt order from TM. Orings have different variances too like glass which I’ve opined recently. Happy weekend to all. :peace:

BKR2311

I agree, that cap should sit flush; It doesn't have to cause issues, but it makes the cell rattling inside the device to be more likely, which *can* lead to contacts wearing out during transportation or the like.

I follow this thread for quite a while now. It's not very common at all.
My point was that there was no need for him to put dots and act like I said something stupid. I gave the person decent advice I'd say, and I just found what he said rude.

Also no offense, this community is absolutely tiny compared to the entire dry herb vaping community. I've seen many people missing o rings, and talked to many people. Is it something that is common to happen in general? No. But, it's common enough of an issue to at least suggest it when someone's TM isn't working.

Last edited:
BKR2311,
Top Bottom