TinyMight / TM 2

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The 2 RBT short stems I use most as an adapter for use with water have slightly different ODs. A clear one came with my custom z and a smoky one came with my Chinese Z (V2 I think). The smoked one is noticeably tighter and harder to get the stem loaded, but it works just fine. There is always some variability in the OD (and ID) of glass, or at least that has been my experience. You may recall that when we found out about Mountain Glass, the biggest consistency with them was that there was a complete lack of consistency...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The 2 RBT short stems I use most as an adapter for use with water have slightly different ODs. A clear one came with my custom z and a smoky one came with my Chinese Z (V2 I think). The smoked one is noticeably tighter and harder to get the stem loaded, but it works just fine. There is always some variability in the OD (and ID) of glass, or at least that has been my experience. You may recall that when we found out about Mountain Glass, the biggest consistency with them was that there was a complete lack of consistency...

Haha yeah one of the ones I use is mountain glass, just one fit and several did not! I have a wide variety, always hit or miss on fit!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: BrianTL

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Will Tinymight shipping be effected by the UPS/USPS vape ban? Sorry, I forget if we covered that

bossman,

DryBonesufo

Does anyone know the specs of the short stem for TM, diameter? Looking for alternative stems and also a cap for the top of the stem to reduce smell

DryBonesufo,

Shit Snacks

Does anyone know the specs of the short stem for TM, diameter? Looking for alternative stems and also a cap for the top of the stem to reduce smell

16mm outer diameter, 14mm inner diameter, give or take for variance. So much has already been posted in this thread like alternative stems, it's a shame it's so long (and full of crap too) that no one reads it lol

Therapy

I really want to try the TM, especially after seeing the black one. But the problems I keep reading scare me off.

Therapy,

Shit Snacks

I really want to try the TM, especially after seeing the black one. But the problems I keep reading scare me off.

If you have a backup there is nothing to be scared of, but it is also all perception, the "problems" are relative, both of mine are top tier vaporizers despite any little quibbles... It is a lot of money though, so you'll have to decide for yourself, but I don't think there is any high risk buying a TM personally...

SquirrelMaster

16mm outer diameter, 14mm inner diameter, give or take for variance. So much has already been posted in this thread like alternative stems, it's a shame it's so long (and full of crap too) that no one reads it lol
In the first picture from left to right, RBT stem, Grav Labs 3" Upline Taster, stock short, stock long, Airis bubbler stem (aliexpress). The bubbler doesn't work very well so I don't think I'd recommend that one unless you want a cheap back up. In the second pic I removed the bolt, washers, and nuts and filled with 4mm boro beads but I would recommend half or slightly more beads. The beaded stems aren't for everyone and as @beyondstrings pointed out they do make for a more complicated cleaning regiment. My favorite setup is the beaded long stem for the most wide open air flow while still having good cooling but the Grav Labs stem feels better on the lips with it's tapered mouthpiece.

@Skinku recently posted another stem as well that's very affordable. https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tinymight-vaporizer.44563/post-1549905

George from Vapefiend was talking about providing aftermarket Tinymight stems but I'm not sure if that ever happened.

west-elec

Threads where there have been some issues with the vape can look worse than reality. A lot of tinymights must have been sold by now, so failures rates are probably quite low.
Slow CS is different from no CS (looking at you Hopper Labs) and from what little I have read most warranties get sorted with free return shipping.
Remembering that OG grasshopper, the reason we suckers kept sending them back and waiting and waiting was because they were so good and nothing else hit like that. Today we are lucky enough to have the Tinymight which has superior vapour minus the heat issues and continuous breakdowns. Lots of 'my TM 1st anniversary' posts lately are testimony that they do seem to be lasting and users still gushing like school kids after all that time.
We have all been waiting too long for a device like this to come along. Thank you civilization for finally getting your shit together, about bloody time. Typically Scandinavia shows the way.
I wouldn't hesitate any longer you are missing the ride of your life.

Skinku

It works really well, I run it dry and the cooling is I guess mediocre but the low temperatures really shine, you need to temp step it to avoid the watery eyes.
As a caveat I run high to 9.5 to get my CBD down me.
I like a stem I can just run hot water through to clean so it doesn’t get in the rotation as much but it’s good to have at the price.
I use half a CU to space out the stem.
6B20A386-8A07-411E-9B4E-C619D59BDFBA.jpeg
Warts and all shot, dirty Skinku!
Here is the link again:
I’m just mucking about with my tubes at the moment.
I enjoy the short tube with the TM CU (gubbins replaced with around 20 4mm glass beads) the best.
EDFF8968-559C-4A9D-8BC7-A9FE358A0BCB.jpeg
The Grav Taster is great as well and I have a long stem and a Jazz dimple thing on their way,

Last edited:

BKR2311

Yeah the stems from TM are quartz, but they can still vary potentially, I am using RBT stems with mine through the j hooks, three different ones that each vary in thickness... None of them are too loose though and my stock stem fits tightest of all, even with this clear o-ring... However I guess these clear orings are not the best for your situation, so I'd suggest trying different red ones like I linked or from elsewhere on ebay maybe??
I just ordered another one from TM to see if mine is worn out or squashed

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
If you have a backup there is nothing to be scared of, but it is also all perception, the "problems" are relative, both of mine are top tier vaporizers despite any little quibbles... It is a lot of money though, so you'll have to decide for yourself, but I don't think there is any high risk buying a TM personally...
I certainly agree as I just bought my 2nd TM a few minutes ago. I believe in redundancy when it’s something I truly love.

PS: don’t tell my wife.

Therapy

It's definitely on the list, don't get me wrong. And I probably one day will buy it, might just wait for a V2 or something.
There is enough on my VAS list to keep me busy right now.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
@Shit Snacks comments about the coming new shipping rules/law are driving me to act sooner than I might. Even if these rules are eventually overturned I suspect it will be after some time of them being in place so timing may be everything.
I would love to believe this will never go into effect, but it looks like that ship has sailed. I don't think there is enough time to stop it.

Fart_Goblin

When did you order? Mine was completed on 11th. Still no changes yet.
Hey I ordered mine on the 9th, it was processed (listed as completed on the 11th) and shipped on today, the 18th

If my experiences is any indicator I would imagine you will get a notification letting you know it's been shipped in the next few days.

I honestly was expecting it to be a lot longer considering the huge amount of orders they must be getting in anticipation of the mail vape ban

Skinku

Don’t you lot have to sign for parcels?
Surely this won’t happen over here... *gulp*
Is alcohol also banned like this?
Maybe I should use DDG and stop blabbering.
Sorry for all the Stateside vaporists.
Shit, I really must pay more attention.
Hurry up TinyMight and get the walnut edition out please.

Shit Snacks

It's definitely on the list, don't get me wrong. And I probably one day will buy it, might just wait for a V2 or something.
There is enough on my VAS list to keep me busy right now.

Well there is no news of a V2, there have been modest rolling upgrades, overall fit and finish seems to have improved from my first TM after more than a year (despite small tolerance issues I suppose)... Just saying!

Don’t you lot have to sign for parcels?

No not necessarily, it is annoying when we do, DHL used to but now does not with covid at least... Others depend on the sender

Surely this won’t happen over here... *gulp*
Is alcohol also banned like this?

It's such bullshit how alcohol is glorified everywhere like a necessity, alcohol and coffee, but oh no we're extracting natural plant compounds, somebody stop us! :rolleyes:

Hurry up TinyMight and get the walnut edition out please.

I suppose the new special wood option arrived unexpectedly, but I really would not expect any other wood species honestly... Oakwood is what they have steady supply of, so this new special wood option just seems to be the oak stained dark, which tracks with what was done for the Apollo way back when... So yeah if you're waiting for a different type of wood, well personally I would not be waiting for that!

Bazinga

I have broken two stems, in my hand, while replacing the cooling units after cleaning. I tried leaving the CUs in the stems while they bathed in ISO but I was not satisfied as material was still present around the CUs.

Snacks and Bossman had mentioned using J-hooks without the cooling units. They reported that the vapor, absent the CUs, is more flavorful and abundant. I'm not sure if the vapor would then be too harsh for my throat. If in fact, the vapor heat doesn't increase over the stock setup, I would like to try this J-hook thing.

So, which one including adaptors should I get?

Shit Snacks

I have broken two stems, in my hand, while replacing the cooling units after cleaning. I tried leaving the CUs in the stems while they bathed in ISO but I was not satisfied as material was still present around the CUs.

Snacks and Bossman had mentioned using J-hooks without the cooling units. They reported that the vapor, absent the CUs, is more flavorful and abundant. I'm not sure if the vapor would then be too harsh for my throat. If in fact, the vapor heat doesn't increase over the stock setup, I would like to try this J-hook thing.

So, which one including adaptors should I get?

So the curves in the hooks really help with the harshness, particularly a right angle bend is fantastic, it stops all the little herb particles from getting to you! Even more effective than cooling spikes in my experience... Although not all spikes are equal, both are simpler than using beads.

I suggest ordering from Oregon Glass Blower, he now offers a few options based off of the custom designs @bossman and I had ordered from him previously... If you check back a few pages, @BrianTL just posted photos of them the other day!

Oh and check out Rogue Wax Works' etsy page for cheap basic glass curved j hooks!

Top Bottom