TinyMight / TM 2

Djsleepy

Do you mean it rotates 360°? Below 1 and above 10? There should be stops at 1 and 10 so if it spins freely it is broken. My original one is very loose but stops at those numbers. I think @Djsleepy had that problem with one of his.

On double posting, if you hit the edit button you can make changes to your post for about 6 hours. If no one has posted since you did the mods would prefer you edit your posts rather than double.
Yes I did ; start a return - @Jimmer144 took 14 days turnaround.

Jimmer144

Sargeant REG
Yeah it's crazy too cuz I got my best char on a draw at about 8 a lil while ago, then next time at same level i got only like 1/8 the vapor on a fresh pack, it seems to be hit and miss on whether i get a strong hit or not. Sad I am gonna have to Warranty this already, what do i say in the email to Tinymight if i attempted to return it?

Jimmer144,
  • Sad
Reactions: Makroskop

Djsleepy

Ahhh, but the TA instructions also require you to start the temp dial at 1 and swing it to 10, so it is supposed to be more than just the triple click...

Yeah it's crazy too cuz I got my best char on a draw at about 8 a lil while ago, then next time at same level i got only like 1/8 the vapor on a fresh pack, it seems to be hit and miss on whether i get a strong hit or not. Sad I am gonna have to Warranty this already, what do i say in the email to Tinymight if i attempted to return it?
I said my temperature dial just spins, needs.replacement! Simple.

Momor

Ahhh, but the TA instructions also require you to start the temp dial at 1 and swing it to 10, so it is supposed to be more than just the triple click...
No, no real need to put your temp dial on 10 at any moment to enter TA. After your many clicks on 1, you can put the temp dial anywhere above 1 :)

Momor,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
No, no real need to put your temp dial on 10 at any moment to enter TA. After your many clicks on 1, you can put the temp dial anywhere above 1 :)
Not according to TM. Here is part of the instructions he sent me.
-----------
5) repeat the triple click successfully, until you have done it EXACTLY five times.

6) Now turn the temperature dial to max and turn on the device with a triple click.

IF you were successful, the unit will start to vibrate continuously and you will have a white color of light coming from the back of the device.
----------
So, TM got it wrong? Probably not.

cybrguy,
Reactions: Tweakz

Momor

Not according to TM. Here is part of the instructions he sent me.
-----------
5) repeat the triple click successfully, until you have done it EXACTLY five times.

6) Now turn the temperature dial to max and turn on the device with a triple click.

IF you were successful, the unit will start to vibrate continuously and you will have a white color of light coming from the back of the device.
----------
So, TM got it wrong? Probably not.
In the e-mail he sent me he just says "6)Now turn the dial to a higher value".
So, TM got it wrong here ? Sure not. I entered TA mode and recalibrated my TM a few times, at least 5, successfully, wthout never needing to put my temp dial on 10 on step 6) :lol:
Did you enter TA mode ? If so, did you also try putting that temp dial elswhere than 10 ?

Momor,

MonkeyTime

Hey guys, any chance you're working on different versions of firmware? Actually seems likely, we know he's made changes...

I get a funny feeling it was added (ability to adjust temp range) when connection issues started, it may have been the easiest remote fix for him?

Either way, it's a great device, I'm guessing we can all agree on that.

Momor

Hey guys, any chance you're working on different versions of firmware? Actually seems likely, we know he's made changes...

I get a funny feeling it was added (ability to adjust temp range) when connection issues started, it may have been the easiest remote fix for him?

Either way, it's a great device, I'm guessing we can all agree on that.
Fantastic device for sure !
TA mode was added at the beginning of 2020. The unit I bought on 11/2019 was sent in for inspection and i got it back with new firmware and this TA mode on 01/2020.
In his email he told me he first did it for him, so when he test units ( that normally should be all quite the same) he's able to recalibrate quickly the ones he finds coo/hot.
I just couldn't pass on being told I was wrong knowing 100% I'm correct, because I tried/did it several times (not just read instructions), héhé, sorry.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I think I got hit with a performance drop :huh: Pretty quickly too, not a gradual drop off... I've been cranking the dial much higher than normal and not getting anywhere near the same AVB. Still getting vapor but not as much and the AVB is this weird mix of a brown-green looking color.

Only thing I did was go to a finer grind but I wouldn't expect that to be the cause. Tried different batteries and different stems... probably need to open it up and clean the contacts or whatever. Bummer I'm headed out for the weekend in a few hours and was planning on taking it like I always do. It's a firewood weekend I guess

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I just couldn't pass on being told I was wrong knowing 100% I'm correct, because I tried/did it several times (not just read instructions), héhé, sorry.
I really don't care about your ego, I'm just trying to figure out how therse devices are getting into TA mode inadvertently.
loosen the screw, move the plates a little and tighten it again ;)
That is often all that is necessary to resolve power drops.

stonedmallone

I think I got hit with a performance drop :huh: Pretty quickly too, not a gradual drop off... I've been cranking the dial much higher than normal and not getting anywhere near the same AVB. Still getting vapor but not as much and the AVB is this weird mix of a brown-green looking color.

Only thing I did was go to a finer grind but I wouldn't expect that to be the cause. Tried different batteries and different stems... probably need to open it up and clean the contacts or whatever. Bummer I'm headed out for the weekend in a few hours and was planning on taking it like I always do. It's a firewood weekend I guess
Is this a relatively common issue? How long have you had the device?

stonedmallone,

stonedmallone

11 months. Common enough to be known, at least on the forums, but not like a huge problem.
Sorry to hear about that buddy. Hopefully you can figure it out! I only asked because I felt like I had a similar issue last night with mine, but I think it's behaving normally now.

stonedmallone,
Reactions: BrianTL

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Got a long wood stem from @Ed's TnT yesterday for native use and I’m in love. It’s perfect with one-half of a cooling unit as a screen. I’m using a wood WPA from him as well and they’ll be my DDs for sure.

I do love the short glass OG stem for going out and about. Maybe Ed would consider making short wooden stems for just that purpose.

Enjoy the holiday weekend my friends. And don’t forget, this is the weekend we honor and remember our brothers and sisters who went off to war but never made it back.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Got a long wood stem from @Ed's TnT yesterday for native use and I’m in love. It’s perfect with one-half of a cooling unit as a screen. I’m using a wood WPA from him as well and they’ll be my DDs for sure.

I do love the short glass OG stem for going out and about. Maybe Ed would consider making short wooden stems for just that purpose.

Enjoy the holiday weekend my friends. And don’t forget, this is the weekend we honor and remember our brothers and sisters who went off to war but never made it back.
I keep trying to resist getting one of these, especially since I bought all types of stuff for the TM already and don’t use most of it lol.

I agree about the short stem, ima have to see if Ed can make a shorter one

stonedmallone

I love my wood stem, it feels and hits so great. Plus a lot more durable than glass. I do have a few other options on the way including a J hook, so I am excited to see how big a difference there is.

fogbank

So newer units have the multi-color light show if you enter or attempt the calibration, but what about the older units? Not that I’ve ever intentionally or unintentionally went into the calibration mode that I’m aware of, my 15+ month old Tinymight (received in March ‘20) only has a red light I believe. I’ve never seen another color (“I see red
it hurts my head
guess it must be something
that i read” - lyrics from my favorite band).

Are the calibration instructions the same for the mono color units (i.e. older) and multi-colored lighted units? I think so but thought I’d inquire out of curiosity more than anything else. And NO I’m not going to attempt the calibration though I’ve thought about it a few times. I’m too chicken-shit to try it. :peace:
I was lead to believe that the older units could not be adjusted. I had a unit that I received in December 2019. It only had red LED lights. I emailed TinyMight about the temp adjust menu and this was part of their reply (bolding mine):

hi! There is the setting in the new units. It can help if you will not
get enough heat for your needs at maximum setting, or if it is too hot
even at the lowest setting. It does not affect the performance of the
device in any other way.

And:

3) do the 3 click successfully, you should get a short burst of 5
vibrations and also a quick flash of a green led now in these new units

I tried following the steps but at step 3 I never got 5 vibrations and obviously I never got a green LED flash.

From that I concluded that my 2019 unit could not be temp adjusted. I recently sent it in because it was not heating well (even after I tried cleaning the top plate and placing a shim under the contact strip). The unit that I received back heats great, and has multiple LED colors. I assume that I can now use the temp adjust menu, but fortunately I don't need to :)

Djsleepy

I was lead to believe that the older units could not be adjusted. I had a unit that I received in December 2019. It only had red LED lights. I emailed TinyMight about the temp adjust menu and this was part of their reply (bolding mine):

And:

I tried following the steps but at step 3 I never got 5 vibrations and obviously I never got a green LED flash.

From that I concluded that my 2019 unit could not be temp adjusted. I recently sent it in because it was not heating well (even after I tried cleaning the top plate and placing a shim under the contact strip). The unit that I received back heats great, and has multiple LED colors. I assume that I can now use the temp adjust menu, but fortunately I don't need to :)
Just to confirm ; just worked for green then red on both of my units which I got back from repair the week of Xmas! Thanks for sharing!

Djsleepy,
Reactions: Momor

Momor

I really don't care about your ego, I'm just trying to figure out how therse devices are getting into TA mode inadvertently.
I already found my TM turned in a pocket of my back pack, of a jacket, my drawer, not many but a few times really, although I'm sure it was turned of before, so for me it means that sometimes the TM can register the triple click weirdly by accident.
Those times my TM turned on because my temp dial was somewhere but on 1 while it was turned off. But if it was "off" dial on 1 ("security" mode) those accidently registered triple clicks would give the 5 short burst of vibration.

So my theory is the TM, turned off and dial on 1 for security, in your bag, could register multiple triple clicks (and gives you the 5 short vibrations each time).
Imagine now for exemple it registers 3 of the 5 triple clicks you need before the next step to enter TA mode, then you take it out of your bag turn it on -> 5 vibrations TM still off -> "fuck, what happened ? Dead battery ?" -> try again -> 5 vibrations again, still off (we have now registered the now famous 5 triple clicks needed to enter TA mode) -> "ah now I remember it's in security mode" -> put temp dial on wherever and triple click again to turn on -> bam, you're in TA mode without knowing why.

It's more likely to happen if you just need to put your temp dial anywhere above 1 on the last step than if you have to "swing" from 1 to 10 as you said so by insisting on that fact I was trying to help to figure out how entering TA mode by accident could be possible.

Does that make sense ?

I was lead to believe that the older units could not be adjusted. I had a unit that I received in December 2019. It only had red LED lights.
They added that feature somewhere in January 2020
I had to send in my unit I also got in December 2019 mid January 2020 and TM told me he just upgraded my unit with a new software that supports calibration.
My LED is always only red though except when I'm in TA mode

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So my theory is the TM, turned off and dial on 1 for security, in your bag, could register multiple triple clicks (and gives you the 5 short vibrations each time).
Imagine now for exemple it registers 3 of the 5 triple clicks you need before the next step to enter TA mode, then you take it out of your bag turn it on -> 5 vibrations TM still off -> "fuck, what happened ? Dead battery ?" -> try again -> 5 vibrations again, still off (we have now registered the now famous 5 triple clicks needed to enter TA mode) -> "ah now I remember it's in security mode" -> put temp dial on wherever and triple click again to turn on -> bam, you're in TA mode without knowing why.
:lol: Hey, you can imagine any scenario you want to explain how you accidentally got in to TA mode, but it doesn't and can't explain how it happened to me. I don't carry my TM in a bag, I rarely take it out of the house. And when it happened to me my TM had been sitting on the table in front of me when it wasn't in my hand or on a glass piece being used. No rolling around in a bag or even any opportunity for it to be accidentally triple clicked in my pocket, 5 times, before the solid light and constant vibration occurred. That just simply didn't happen. Sorry.

So, I will continue to believe that there is some other combination of key presses, physical manipulation, witches curse, magic phrase or paranormal force that activates TA mode.

tokenknifeguy

So it seems pretty clear that there has been at least 1 major upgrade to the TM that we know about so far? My original TM was bought in 5/20 and I sent it back for repairs at the beginning of 2021. Since I've had it back, it seems like my batteries don't last near as long. Like I'll only get 2 or 3 bowls per charge. I've even had times where I would cut the TM on and get 2 vibrations for the battery, and then when I go to hit it, while its warming up, it will cut off because battery is dead.

I'm actually going to start counting my hits and bowls for my batteries but seems like the newer units use more power. I do remember someone on here mentioning that they thought the heater was more powerful. Like the setting "6" on the original TM isn't as hot as the "6" on the newer units. If this is true, it could by why I'm seeing the battery get used up faster.

Momor

:lol: Hey, you can imagine any scenario you want to explain how you accidentally got in to TA mode, but it doesn't and can't explain how it happened to me. I don't carry my TM in a bag, I rarely take it out of the house. And when it happened to me my TM had been sitting on the table in front of me when it wasn't in my hand or on a glass piece being used. No rolling around in a bag or even any opportunity for it to be accidentally triple clicked in my pocket, 5 times, before the solid light and constant vibration occurred. That just simply didn't happen. Sorry.

So, I will continue to believe that there is some other combination of key presses, physical manipulation, witches curse, magic phrase or paranormal force that activates TA mode.
Aaaaaaaaaah, alright ! So my theory doesn't hold in your case (it took me so long to try to explain it "properly" 😅).
I didn't remember it happended to you and i was wondering if it had happened to someone in the situation you described (TM away on a table, nothing to accidentally push the button).

Nowadays, my TM gives me a hard time if I want to enter TA mode as sometimes it doesn't register my triple clicks (dial on 1, triple click, no response at all) and/or the "security" position doesn't work (dial on 1, triple clicks, it turns on. I have now to try to find the right magic phrase 😉

Top Bottom