TinyMight / TM 2

The_M

My point was not about coffee, more about effort to preserve balance with battery is not worth it, since it is cheaper to buy new ( of course recycle old)

The_M,
Reactions: Rodney

Suki

hnnoaf.jpg

thx Azzwood ♥︎

Pcloudy

How bad is it to charge the battery in a 1.5? I only ask because I want to gift one to someone that may have trouble removing the lid and it will just be easier for them to charge it up with the cable.

Pcloudy,

Varden

How bad is it to charge the battery in a 1.5? I only ask because I want to gift one to someone that may have trouble removing the lid and it will just be easier for them to charge it up with the cable.
I did it for almost a year before getting extra batteries and a charger, without an issue.

The only thing is that charging the battery while inside the device with all the heat will shorten the life of the battery.

Pcloudy

I did it for almost a year before getting extra batteries and a charger, without an issue.

The only thing is that charging the battery while inside the device with all the heat will shorten the life of the battery.
Im not super worried about that as the Tm will be a huge step up from the v3 I got them a few years ago. I have an external charger and batteries to give them as well but I don’t want them to feel like they need to get a nickel out every time they need to get the battery out.
For their usage I imagine it will be fine, if they go through more than two basket screens a session I would be very surprised.

Pcloudy,

badbee

For the question of charging amperage we need to keep in mind that the advice and practice of 0.5 A charging dates from a time when cells capable of a 5 A discharge were high end. With the cells we use now, capable of 25+ A discharge, the situation is different. Even at 2 A charging that is a tiny fraction of the typical discharge in a TM of 10 to 15 A. It's likely that the difference in capacity loss due to charging stress between 0.5 A and 2 A is not measurable.

Good external chargers definitely do a better job of conditioning, but the amperage issue is much less of a concern than it's made out to be. Note this applies specifically to high discharge cells, not low end cells.

The_M

For the question of charging amperage we need to keep in mind that the advice and practice of 0.5 A charging dates from a time when cells capable of a 5 A discharge were high end. With the cells we use now, capable of 25+ A discharge, the situation is different. Even at 2 A charging that is a tiny fraction of the typical discharge in a TM of 10 to 15 A. It's likely that the difference in capacity loss due to charging stress between 0.5 A and 2 A is not measurable.

Good external chargers definitely do a better job of conditioning, but the amperage issue is much less of a concern than it's made out to be. Note this applies specifically to high discharge cells, not low end cells.
Finally, also nitecore charger that all recommend is not the best or so

The_M,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Fresh drop of stems and more over at Good Vibes Boro .com (including some new tinymigh.t inspired injector style WPA):tup:

olysh pops

I would like to sell my TM2 bought in January 2024 and used less than 10 times, please what price (in EU) do you recommend ?

olysh pops,

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
I gave into my FOMO and ordered a PH last week. It arrived today and I just tried it for the first time (with the new glass balls stem that was included) - quick and smooth extraction between 4 and 6.5 on the dial. Darker ABV that a comparable temp. setting on TM1.5 or the TM2 walnut. Maybe my cold, black heart is purple after all!

Pangolin 6

Hi, long time lurker first time poster. Seriously considering purchasing a TM2 and have a couple of questions for you knowledgeable people.

Not sure I love the aesthetics of the PH, also a bit wary of the material (my partner and I both have sensitivities), and it looks perhaps a bit less discrete to me (maybe). Each to their own like, I get the appeal but think I prefer the walnut. So...

1. Is the reported improved heater in the PH a big advantage?
2. Do you think, know or suspect the new heater will come to the walnut TM either as an upgrade or as the TM3?
2+. If so would it be worth waiting?

You guys suffer from VAS. I have FOFUPPS - Fear of Future Upgrade Preventing Purchase Syndrome.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hi, long time lurker first time poster. Seriously considering purchasing a TM2 and have a couple of questions for you knowledgeable people.

Welcome to FC! Love the name
pangolin-emoji-white-bg-440.jpg

Not sure I love the aesthetics of the PH, also a bit wary of the material (my partner and I both have sensitivities), and it looks perhaps a bit less discrete to me (maybe). Each to their own like, I get the appeal but think I prefer the walnut. So...

I wouldn't be too worried about the aesthetics, as I've said previously, the purple color can turn brown over time, especially with exposure to sunlight etc. And there's always variation, it's not super bold necessarily so the aesthetics shouldn't be that different from the walnut version really

Shouldn't really be that different, it is just zirconia around the heater instead of quartz, theoretically more durable, though perhaps negligible for most of us... And it has more robust thicker ceramic posts through the stainless steel heating element is all (again more for durability)

2. Do you think, know or suspect the new heater will come to the walnut TM either as an upgrade or as the TM3?

We all suspect those two changes will make their way to the regular walnut although no one knows for sure yet...

Basically the same answer as above lol up to you to decide, shouldn't really be significant

You guys suffer from VAS. I have FOFUPPS - Fear of Future Upgrade Preventing Purchase Syndrome.

:rofl::borg::argh::freak:

ElMismo

I would like to sell my TM2 bought in January 2024 and used less than 10 times, please what price (in EU) do you recommend ?
But How? Why ? :shrug:
(Sorry, not sure about the price. I’d consider keeping it :lol:)

I love that thing so much, I upgraded my old unit to a PH. Wasn’t sure before ordering, but really Loving it! :love:

Mine came a little soft on power, had to easily crank it to 9 but again nothing a recalibration can’t handle. I’m back to normal now. :nod:
So easy.

Last edited:

ElMismo

The TM2 works well with weed, many people are happy with it, but it is less effective with traditional hash. Unfortunately.
I'd like to sell my TM2 and buy the Solo3, which seems more efficient for my needs.
Good reason indeed :sherlock:
Still I would only trade it for a more advance version :clap:
Happy hunting.

ElMismo,

Rodney

The TM2 works well with weed, many people are happy with it, but it is less effective with traditional hash. Unfortunately.
I'd like to sell my TM2 and buy the Solo3, which seems more efficient for my needs.

This is a good reason and I hope you get what you need soon. Why not make a post in the classified section asking for a straight swap TM2 for Solo3?

If you are selling it I would say 75 Euro off what it cost you would be a fair deal.

HighTime

I hear you and relate to your FOFUPPS…! Your questions are good ones, keeping in mind what ShitSnacks accurately said about the zirconia material around the heater and the more robust ceramic posts through the heating element being the new things associated with the heater.

FWIW, I’ve been very much enjoying my TM2 PH in both looks and function, including the operation of the heater, which, compared to my past experience with a TM2, seems to be at least to some degree more powerful and efficient. I don’t think this is a placebo effect, but possibly could be that my usage technique has improved. Also, the experiences of others may be different.

If you contact Tinymight directly to ask about when these heater related changes would be standard in the walnut TM2, they’ll most likely get back to you soon with an answer. That should help with your decision.

My experience with Tinymight when it comes to communication and customer service has been outstanding.

Maschine

Can I ask you what technique you use for traditional hash? In my experience you can vape hash in the TM2 till it literally disappears.

And if not to much off topic cause you made a hash lover curious now. Why the solo3 stands out with hash because of the hybrid heating?

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Battery cost $10 and last 6+ month, 2-3 frappuchino
Don't know this game, but i'm in! :lol:

Battery cost €5 and last 18+ months, 1-2 double espresso!
;)

I charge my batteries at work so to make sure i never run out of juice i always have enough charged and ready.
So my TM's are usbc virgins. They came with a nice cord but never even considered plugging it in, they are for vaping, not for charging! :D
Have a 4 slot nitecore that charges 4 in just over 2 hours, no questions asked.

My first batch are P26 and after around 18 months of intensive use a couple are starting to show degrade: less sessions and sometimes they seem to have a mis-charge (?) and only last 1 session so started marking these and i'll be recycling some soon i think.

Speaking about batteries: anyone out there that tried the 'new' molicel P30B and can comment on how they perform in the TM2?
Is there a noticeable difference (extra session?) with the P28?
I could pre-order some but there's quite a price difference (when ordering 10: €4,15 for p28 and €7,25 for p30) so i'm wondering if it's worth it or better to wait out the inevitable price-drop...

olysh pops

Can I ask you what technique you use for traditional hash? In my experience you can vape hash in the TM2 till it literally disappears.

And if not to much off topic cause you made a hash lover curious now. Why the solo3 stands out with hash because of the hybrid heating?

I've tried it on the screen with or without stirring, in small or large quantities, in a ball in a soft screen, sandwiched in weed, spread on screens and then rolled on itself. The result is a thin vapor.. Are there any other techniques ?

Is it possible that we're not talking about the same style of hash so that yours literally disappears? Traditional hash contains vegetable matter that forms a hard, dark substance once vaporization is complete.

The solo3 and its powerful heating has been recommended to me and several users describe good operation with the hash. I'd like to give it a try, as I did with the TM2.

olysh pops,

Momor

I've tried it on the screen with or without stirring, in small or large quantities, in a ball in a soft screen, sandwiched in weed, spread on screens and then rolled on itself. The result is a thin vapor.. Are there any other techniques ?

Is it possible that we're not talking about the same style of hash so that yours literally disappears? Traditional hash contains vegetable matter that forms a hard, dark substance once vaporization is complete.

The solo3 and its powerful heating has been recommended to me and several users describe good operation with the hash. I'd like to give it a try, as I did with the TM2.
What temp seeing did you try ? Did you try on demand "beast mode" (temp 10) ?
Putting you hash in degumed hemp fiber works quite well but you also taste the hemp fiber IME.
Not sure, but I think @Razhumikin knows how to properly vape hash in every tipe of vape and may shime in ?

Varden

So now that the TM2 PH edition has been released and all the glass parts have been removed which should make the device more solid (probably one of the only valid criticism the original TM2 deserved), can we have a talk, about what we think or would like a TM3 to have?

FYI, I have no inside information and the TM3 could still be, and likely is, years away. This is just a friendly users discussion.

I know some people have asked for the use of 21700 batteries. The increase capacity would be great but I already found the increased size from the TM1 to the TM2 a bit too much, almost past the acceptable limit, not sure if making the device even bigger would be worth it.

More powerful heater, at the expense of even more battery life, is that necessary/worth it?

Not sure how difficult it would be to implement but one thing that would really be a big update is the possibility of switching between pure convection and hybrid mode. Mind you, I'm 98% of the time a pure convection guy. I mostly try to avoid conduction, but the capacity to switch modes would make the device even more versatile and maybe the ultimate portable.

Imagine if, apart from the current heater, there was another smaller heater around the bowl, that could be connected or disconnected at user election. That would allow the device to behave as pure convection or hybrid. I think this is technically possible, although not sure how it would affect the price (maybe for a TM2 Pro version if it increases the price too much?).

What I have not figured out completely is the user interface. How could a timer system for the hybrid mode work without a screen?

Any ideas on how to improve the current TM2?

Varden,
Top Bottom