TinyMight / TM 2

gangababa

In my previous post on this thread, I told of reinforcing my button with a suitably sized piece of plastic that fills the space between the button micro-switch and the USB connector. The switch/plastic/USB become a firmer 'sandwich-singularity'. It has been six weeks now with a better button.

Edit to add that the work is not hard, but how to source a small piece of plastic.
Bummer!
The button failed. Or more accurately, it detached from the circuit board. As @badbee says, the micro switch is poorly mounted to the board.
I have been looking at the parts with a magnifying glass and multi-meter.

The bottom of the micro switch has three small bars that seem to contact three small bars on the PCB. There, the L & R bars have continuity with the solder point for the micro switch body pegs. The switch frame and the outer bars have continuity; perhaps all on ground side of system.
The center bar on the micro switch seems to be the normally off leg that has continuity with the system when the button is pressed.

It is almost like the switch contacts are physical like the buzzer, and only the switch frame is soldered to the PCB.
20240602-121110.jpg

20240602-121003.jpg

BTW, don't drop the micro switch; it is a bugger to find.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
From what I was told by Tinymight prior to its release, the Purple Heart edition has zirconium glass around the heater as the biggest difference (and perhaps only one) from the previous TM2 versions. And wood color of course. Perhaps the pins are different and I haven’t looked nor do I plan on taking my PH apart unless necessary.

Hmm I could not find anything definitive saying that they had replaced the quartz around the heater to zirconium yet, I only saw that it was being tested or considered?? Are you certain that you have it in your PH unit, because they definitely have the more robust ceramic pins in the heater, that was explicitly mentioned although I don't think they are actually zirconium, they are more robust now... We need a full list again lol

Shit Snacks,

Suki

Hmm I could not find anything definitive saying that they had replaced the quartz around the heater to zirconium yet, I only saw that it was being tested or considered?? Are you certain that you have it in your PH unit, because they definitely have the more robust ceramic pins in the heater, that was explicitly mentioned although I don't think they are actually zirconium, they are more robust now... We need a full list again lol
Units are made according to the latest versions of TM2 with all recent updates + new updated heater that is released with the Purple Heart, it has been improved by replacing the quartz glass construction with zirconia ceramic and the support rods of the heater are more than double strength compared to the earlier design.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Are you certain that you have it in your PH unit, because they definitely have the more robust ceramic pins in the heater, that was explicitly mentioned although I don't think they are actually zirconium, they are more robust now... We need a full list again lol
I’m not taking mine apart to find out :). But @Suki posted what Tinymight wrote me privately in mid March and confirms what they did:

Hey :) ! In discretion i wanna tell you ,that it is almost ready ,but we are waiting to try a zirconium alternative to the glass part around the heater and mark new milestone in the improvement of the concept . We really hope things to work out with this new part and create something that is truely drop restant. Of course Zirconium can also break but it is 20 times stronger than glass,so this would be a huge improvement ;). We are going to receive the production batch in 10 days and will fit all purplehearts with it . We are aiming at a 420 launch ,but people on the red list will probably get a chance to get it a little earlier :). I will make sure you get one of the first units and we thank you very much for your patience and support through sofar <3 !
The zirconium would be less prone to break in drops but not guaranteed. It may also have a different thermal property than its predecessor but I’m not sure. Regardless, it’s great they’re making small improvements and I’m in love with the knurled battery cover on the TM2 and purpleheart. It’s getting tougher to open and close it on my OG TM since I’ve loved that vape to death. It got a thorough cleaning too and a waxing while the honeymoon with my PH and new stems continues. :peace:

Vapinski

I dub thee, Tiny Sword of Might 🗡️

Modded stock stem I put together:
- mouthpiece is filled with 3mm Rubies
- stem is filled with 6mm Quartz
- basket screen acts as half bowl
- cooling unit modified into two different parts: increased cage for 3mm rubies & as a stainless “full bowl”

‘Tis quite lovely with extreme cooling in a small form factor, and (at least I think) a pleasing aesthetic: don’t see any reason to get another. The stock cooling unit is bonkers useful for other things.

Last edited:

zazaland

Is 91% IPA OK on the o-rings? The manual says to use IPA but then says not to use solvents on the o-rings. Also, I just charge my battery in the unit. Is it OK to leave the battery in the device all the time, or should I be removing the battery after every use?

zazaland,

Shit Snacks

Is 91% IPA OK on the o-rings? The manual says to use IPA but then says not to use solvents on the o-rings. Also, I just charge my battery in the unit. Is it OK to leave the battery in the device all the time, or should I be removing the battery after every use?

Time to leave the battery in, and don't soak the o-rings in the alcohol, just rinse them

UhuM

I have found that sometimes just giving a stem a rigorous shake as it starts to gunk up can increase the airflow incredibly, in case you never tried.
Shaking it every time, but sometimes that doesn't solve the issue, so using the stirring tool until next cleaning 😄

Suki

Hey guys, I received my tinymigh.t_bowl, this thing is amazing. It is just like a shovelhead but made for the TM2

Not only the handle is compatible but also the 14 & 18mm male posts, they are almost identical to the shovelhead posts but are made of SS instead of titanium, but you can swap them

vyykul.jpg

(left cannabis hardware shovelhead - right tinymigh.t_bowl)

I actually like the tinymigh.t_bowl handle better because the end is flat (the default cannabis hardware one makes dents on the post). Be careful, just like the shovelhead, if you don't screw it hard enough it will unscrew by itself with temperature change.

I've been using the included metal ring which is there to reduce the bowl size (the full size is ridiculous and half size is still quite big (around .2g / .25g), so I've been using a basket screen inside the metal ring for "microdosing" like so :

iajing.jpg
tkrzrn.jpg

makes loading very convenient and I find the amount it holds to be just right (just like when using basket screen with a stem)

because of the red oring on the bowl the top doesn't touch the inner screen of the TM2 (the TM2 still sits very steadily on the bowl, there is no wiggle), without preheat the experience is pure convection

the bowl being so long to have the weed close to the heater allows for the post and glass joint to stay cool, which is nice because with other injector style vapes they tend to get the whole bowl hot and sometimes the base sticks to the joint because of heat expansion

protip: make sure the TM2 chamber ring is tightly screwed so the inner o-ring seals the tinymigh.t_bowl properly, otherwise the performance will be greatly impacted

I love your stem and love the mats that look like mini Russian carpets :)
aww thanks bro, have a look at this thread if you like these mats ;)

Last edited:

Ariwe

Hey guys, I received my tinymigh.t_bowl, this thing is amazing. It is just like a shovelhead but made for the TM2

Not only the handle is compatible but also the 14 & 18mm male posts, they are almost identical to the shovelhead posts but are made of SS instead of titanium, but you can swap them

vyykul.jpg

(left cannabis hardware shovelhead - right tinymigh.t_bowl)

I actually like the tinymigh.t_bowl handle better because the end is flat (the default cannabis hardware one makes dents on the post). Be careful, just like the shovelhead, if you don't screw it hard enough it will unscrew by itself with temperature change.

I've been using the included metal ring which is there to reduce the bowl size (the full size is ridiculous and half size is still quite big (around .2g / .25g), so I've been using a basket screen inside the metal ring for "microdosing" like so :

iajing.jpg
tkrzrn.jpg

makes loading very convenient and I find the amount it holds to be just right (just like when using basket screen with a stem)

because of the red oring on the bowl the top doesn't touch the inner screen of the TM2 (the TM2 still sits very steadily on the bowl, there is no wiggle), without preheat the experience is pure convection

the bowl being so long to have the weed close to the heater allows for the post and glass joint to stay cool, which is nice because with other injector style vapes they tend to get the whole bowl hot and sometimes the base sticks to the joint because of heat expansion

aww thanks bro, have a look at this thread if you like these mats ;)
Great review! I love mine as well.
Curious which basket screens you are using?

Ariwe,

Suki

Great review! I love mine as well.
Curious which basket screens you are using?

Ty! I'm using the official basket screens, metal ring is only a little bit narrower than the Tinymight stock glass stem so they fit easily with a little push

qgbtez.jpg
vfkoju.jpg

by the way the capsules also fit perfectly inside the ring (the ring is shorter than the capsule but it doesn't matter, it seals the airpath around forcing it to go through the capsule)

Momor

protip: make sure the TM2 chamber ring is tightly screwed so the inner o-ring seals the tinymigh.t_bowl properly, otherwise the performance will be greatly impacted
The O-Ring on the tinymight.t_bowl is here to make the seal with the TM chamber, there is no need to tighten the TM chamber ring at all.
One of the best aspect of the tinymigh.t_bowl, what set it appart of the other WPA, is the ability to use the TM like you would use a ballvape head on a bowl : put the TM on - take your hit - lift it off (very easily) to finish (the bowl stays on the glass piece) 👌🤘🤙
If you make the seal at the ring chamber you defeat that aspect and your tinymigh.t_bowl is just like a regular TM WPA 🫤😉

Suki

The O-Ring on the tinymight.t_bowl is here to make the seal with the TM chamber, there is no need to tighten the TM chamber ring at all.
One of the best aspect of the tinymigh.t_bowl, what set it appart of the other WPA, is the ability to use the TM like you would use a ballvape head on a bowl : put the TM on - take your hit - lift it off (very easily) to finish (the bowl stays on the glass piece) 👌🤘🤙
If you make the seal at the ring chamber you defeat that aspect and your tinymigh.t_bowl is just like a regular TM WPA 🫤😉

I didn't mean to screw it so the tinymigh.t_bowl is locked in place like a regular stem, but simply make sure the ring does make the seal with the bowl by feeling a little resistance, the TM2 was still slide fairly freely. I know the O-ring should be enough but in reality because of the TM2 weight it will always tilt a bit on one side, if the seal isn't made on both O-ring you really get less vapor and "poor" performance compared to a proper seal.

I experienced it just yesterday, I did a bowl and was getting half the vapor I usually do. The ring on top of the TM2 was a bit loose and a quick screw fixed it. Now I understand that not all units are the same, maybe tolerances are not the same and yours works well without the need to do that. I simply wanted to point it out because at first it wasn't obvious to me what had happened.

Momor

I know the O-ring should be enough but in reality because of the TM2 weight it will always tilt a bit on one side, if the seal isn't made on both O-ring you really get less vapor and "poor" performance compared to a proper seal.
You're totally right. I never had that problem with my TMs, even the ring not tighten at all, and I think you're the first to mention that problem, but it happened to you so it's worth telling 👍

MaWi

Hi,
I own an OG TM and think about upgrading. Lately I have seen some reviews about the TM 2 where the harshness of it is quite often mentioned. I was wondering if there is a difference in harshness/ vapor profile between the TM1 and TM2? Maybe someone who owns both can make a comparison?
Thanks!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Hi,
I own an OG TM and think about upgrading. Lately I have seen some reviews about the TM 2 where the harshness of it is quite often mentioned. I was wondering if there is a difference in harshness/ vapor profile between the TM1 and TM2? Maybe someone who owns both can make a comparison?
Thanks!

No, that is essentially the same, although the TM2 actually has more airflow so if anything it could potentially be smoother? When you let go of button and keep inhaling to clear

badbee

Hi,
Thanks!
I find my OG is pretty damn harsh without an aftermarket cooling stem or a rig, it's probably just that. I love it, but sometimes it hurts me.

Maybe I have a codependency problem?

MaWi

No, that is essentially the same, although the TM2 actually has more airflow so if anything it could potentially be smoother? When you let go of button and keep inhaling to clear
Ok, thanks. I used my OG quite some time with the standard short mouthpiece, so TM 2 shouldn’t be a problem then. It’s always such a dilemma… I want my vapor as smooth as possible, but damn I want that clouds too!

MrGreenspoon

Ok, thanks. I used my OG quite some time with the standard short mouthpiece, so TM 2 shouldn’t be a problem then. It’s always such a dilemma… I want my vapor as smooth as possible, but damn I want that clouds too!
With the XL Rocket Stem I get smooth hits with big clouds. The standard mouthpiece is much harsher.
Personally I would always buy an aftermarket stem, it makes the experience so much better.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
I find my OG is pretty damn harsh without an aftermarket cooling stem or a rig
I want my vapor as smooth as possible, but damn I want that clouds too!
Only have TM2 but fwiw i don't think it's harsh at all or at least it doesn't have to be, even with the stock setup. (used the stock stem/empty CU for a long time with great results, low on the dial it produces great flavor and big clouds)

But, the new style stems that came with my PH unit (and i think with all TM2 from now on?) are really a nice addition and sure smoothen things out. The glass beads do an excellent job in cooling/conditioning the vapor. In fact so cool and smooth that it's easy to take bigger rips then expected if not careful! Caught me off guard a couple of times! :ko::D

And i like that you're able to tinker with the balls/stems/cu's/mp's to find your perfect stem set up!
Here's what i threw together so far:

Smooth yet thick clouds: Check!
I usually tempstep but also like to start high on the dial now and again... For an ultra quick bowl.
Well, these stems are great for both styles and can be very tasty but also allow one to rip thru a bowl natively at warp speed promoting the "ripper/ripster" (?) to a First Class Cloudage passenger!

The shorty is excellent for a one hitter, high on the dial! One and done!
The two in the middle are my average sized bowls and can be nursed or ripped with great results!
The one with the biggest bowl is great for tempstepping and easily cooks evenly throughout without any stirring!
It's a big bowl tho... can be a bit of a sledge hammer...

TM2 really is a Tiny Monster, such a great and versatile vape!

Top Bottom