TinyMight / TM 2

Momor

Wondering if anyone has found another reducer for the chamber?
I asked directly to the maker. I knew when ordering that the alf bowl setting would be bigger than what I'm used to pack so I asked for a second "decreasing ring" that would make the bowl [number that you want] millimeters deep.
Inverted basket screen suggested by @ezpz would also work 👍

Advice appreciated!
Did you check if the screen at the bottom of the chamber is still properly in place ? I'm thinking that if it's a bit dislodged it can sometimes contact the heater and lead to combustion ?

sanchezman

Commander in Kief
Did you check if the screen at the bottom of the chamber is still properly in place ? I'm thinking that if it's a bit dislodged it can sometimes contact the heater and lead to combustion ?
That is indeed the problem! Screen somehow got forced out of its retention ring and is in direct contact with the coil.

Alas, I'm halfway packed for moving houses, and all my fancy screwdrivers are in a pile of boxes. I won't be able to get it out without disassembling the vape.

Still, it's good to find the cause, and even better to know that it's not a defect due to age!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I don't think you need a screwdriver @sanchezman 😁😁

Just unscrew the stem ring, remove the sleeve and you should be able to get the screen and it's retaining ring out. Reseat the screen and, if you haven't caused any damage, you're good to go!
I’d remove the battery first. If the screen is lodged or stuck perhaps gently extracting it with tweezers without disturbing the heating coils. My screen has fallen out a couple of times a couple of years ago and I was able to extract it without disassembling the TM. :peace:

dieselryder420

Hi FC family, I have somehow misplaced the screw that joins the TM cooling unit 😤 I would rather not have to fork out for an entirely new unit if I can just replace the missing screw. Do any of you lovely vaporists know what the length and diameter of screw I need for this? Cheers

dieselryder420,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Hi FC family, I have somehow misplaced the screw that joins the TM cooling unit 😤 I would rather not have to fork out for an entirely new unit if I can just replace the missing screw. Do any of you lovely vaporists know what the length and diameter of screw I need for this? Cheers

Don’t know about screw size, probably not a US size, metric?

You could try getting rid of the screw, and nuts and washers like many have. Take a look at:

dabotr

I'd try to contact Tonymight directly. They may just send you one.

dieselryder420

Don’t know about screw size, probably not a US size, metric?

You could try getting rid of the screw, and nuts and washers like many have. Take a look at:

Thanks for your suggestion rusty, I'll certainly look into this. Are these quartz balls the ones being sold primarily for home jewellery making? Had a quick look on amazon they all seem to have holes in for threading is this an issue? Any general consensus if quartz or steel (or some other material) is best? Still curious if anyone knows what screw is used in the original CU if anyone has the info.

I'd try to contact Tonymight directly. They may just send you one.
Yeah that's a good shout actually, will ping a message over and see, nice one.

dieselryder420,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I'd try to contact Tonymight
Tony Danza GIF

Vaporific

Are these quartz balls the ones being sold primarily for home jewellery making? Had a quick look on amazon they all seem to have holes in for threading is this an issue? Any general consensus if quartz or steel (or some other material) is best?
Quartz balls for cooling generally don’t have holes in them. Beracky on Amazon works and lots of choices and sizes. Too small may block the holes in a cooling unit; I think 4mm is a good minimum size.

While I’m here I heard from TM a few days ago by email. 4/20 may be a wonderful holiday for those looking for an initial RED/purpleheart run of Tinymights. They’re almost done though I don't know how many they’re producing. I do know they’re waiting on an upgraded part, i.e. an enhancement, not in previous Tinymights. Some, and likely most, would welcome the revision. That’s all I should say other than they’ve again stated I’m on the ‘list’ for one. I hope so! :) :peace:

EDIT: I did fully clean my battery door threads again - ISO and Blu-Tac - and it’s a bit better. I’ve been having trouble lately with the threads after years without an issue (a knurled battery door would be welcome now). The bottom battery contact isn’t as springy as it used to be and I’ve tried, carefully, to raise it up a tad with a long metal pick tool without disassembling the vape. It’s not that easy but this vape is too amazing not to try!

dimmusp

Quartz balls for cooling generally don’t have holes in them. Beracky on Amazon works and lots of choices and sizes. Too small may block the holes in a cooling unit; I think 4mm is a good minimum size.

While I’m here I heard from TM a few days ago by email. 4/20 may be a wonderful holiday for those looking for an initial RED/purpleheart run of Tinymights. They’re almost done though I don't know how many they’re producing. I do know they’re waiting on an upgraded part, i.e. an enhancement, not in previous Tinymights. Some, and likely most, would welcome the revision. That’s all I should say other than they’ve again stated I’m on the ‘list’ for one. I hope so! :) :peace:

EDIT: I did fully clean my battery door threads again - ISO and Blu-Tac - and it’s a bit better. I’ve been having trouble lately with the threads after years without an issue (a knurled battery door would be welcome now). The bottom battery contact isn’t as springy as it used to be and I’ve tried, carefully, to raise it up a tad with a long metal pick tool without disassembling the vape. It’s not that easy but this vape is too amazing not to try!
Oh man, it would be great if they made the temperature wheel bigger and easier to use. :)

Any ideas what enhancements might be in the new version aside from the different kind of wood?

Vaporific

Oh man, it would be great if they made the temperature wheel bigger and easier to use. :)

Any ideas what enhancements might be in the new version aside from the different kind of wood?
It’s not the temp dial/wheel. That’s never been an issue for me though others have wished it were changed. What they’re planning is something I’ve never had an issue with on my OG TM for 4+ years though a few others herein have expressed the ‘issue’. It won’t solve everything but a welcomed upgrade. I would imagine it being a permanent upgrade too but it’s up to the Tinymight folks as they know the product and production parameters best including the wood variations. That’s all I should say. :peace:

dimmusp

It’s not the temp dial/wheel. That’s never been an issue for me though others have wished it were changed. What they’re planning is something I’ve never had an issue with on my OG TM for 4+ years though a few others herein have expressed the ‘issue’. It won’t solve everything but a welcomed upgrade. I would imagine it being a permanent upgrade too but it’s up to the Tinymight folks as they know the product and production parameters best including the wood variations. That’s all I should say. :peace:
Oh man, such a tease! 😄

dimmusp,
  • Haha
Reactions: cx714

Sto.Oned

Despite of the past, the email assistance is really bad. One month and a half ago they were sorry as the email finished in spam, but now it shouldn't be anymore like this... I sent them some email because i ship to them one week ago my tm for fixing it... They never replied. I hope to see it coming back during next week.
Normally it takes around 2 weeks from shipping to get it back repaired?

Sto.Oned,

ElMismo

Who’s using the glass stem with 15 balls or the glass stem with 20 balls offered on the tinymight website ? Are they any good ?

I have been using 4mm ruby balls between empty cooling units for a long time. Pretty good set up in my opinion.

Thinking of upgrading my og and getting a new stem to go with it..

Maybe a GVB ?

What is your favorite portable/discrete stem ?

My TM doesn’t stay home, I bring it everywhere.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
I have been using 4mm ruby balls between empty cooling units for a long time. Pretty good set up in my opinion.

What is your favorite portable/discrete stem ?

For a very long time i used the stock glass stem (the 80mm) with the CU (without nuts/washers, just use it as adjustable) bowl screen) and the Grav upline taster (click) for 90% of the time.
Suited my needs quite good: tasty, sturdy, compact/portable, discrete...

(The grav upline taster is quite nice as a portable option: no CU needed and still cools pretty good. The bowl size is set tho so not as versatile as an adjustable bowl option. You can only make bowl smaller, not bigger.)

Then i added a Ditanium mouthpiece to the stock stems and for me that completed the picture. The shape of the mp is very pleasant in the mouth and it adds some cooling too as it gradually absorbs some heat.
So it added value to my already satisfying set up. :tup:
And i do like how it looks on the stock stems (be advised: one has to find (or make from silicone hose) suited o-rings for that to fit snug on the stems). It also functions as a 14mm WPA.
Actually loved it so much that i have two of those now (one on a short stem, one on a long one, both with hollow cu) and it's practically all i use.
Even at home i tend to grab those more then my hooks or a bong tbh. I guess i'm a native user by nature!

You could use that on your current stem-setup instead of buying a new stem... ;)
And grab a grav upline taster as a (cheap) second portable cooling stem.

ps: mine goes everywhere too! Always by my side!

Last edited:
666Honeybadger,
Top Bottom