TinyMight / TM 2

BreadStick

Hi i did 3 bowls at temp 5 and 2 bowls at temp 4 the weed was Bruce banner ,Edam bomb ,and Atomic bomb
I highly recommend turning the dial down to 2/2.5, I used to keep my TM2 around 6/7 until I saw a few people in this thread talking about how great the flavour is down at 2.5. I finally tried it 2 weeks ago and immediately fell in love. I get 3/4 really tasty hits at temp 2.5 and then I turn it up to 4 to finish the bowl. I'm surprised how dark a roast I still get using the TM2 at the lower temps

Great advice just had a bowl of bruce banner on 3 , 2 hits massive flavour job done .
Nice! Will try at that temp! Usually vape at 6 or 7, but can imagine at 3, the flavor is even brighter. However, also imagine getting less extraction of THC which is why I never went that low. Super eager to try now!

Enlightened_Beast,
Reactions: BreadStick

BreadStick

Nice! Will try at that temp! Usually vape at 6 or 7, but can imagine at 3, the flavor is even brighter. However, also imagine getting less extraction of THC which is why I never went that low. Super eager to try now!
I personally don't notice a big difference between the affects of the low temp and high temp sessions. I will admit I only have access to one strain and it's usually amnesia haze. I've been trying to keep my herb to what I'd call a medium-dark brown roast lately. I used to nearly exclusively go for RTL extractions with my Anvil and same with the TM but I have found that pushing the herb much darker soils the taste of subsequent bowls. Sure you might get a little bit higher but I find the extra affects are mostly just a couchlock/foggy sensation more similar to smoking. I also believe it might be a bit healthier to go low temp because you're less likely to be producing & inhaling benzene. I'm far from a biologist/chemist so I could be very wrong there.

If you try putting the dial down to 2.5 try taking a few hits then a clean up hit with the dial at 4, I'm nearly certain you'll be surprised how dark the herb still gets.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah favorite style for me is still to temp step, only one hit each setting, tiny bit by tiny bit, between the lines, starting around 2 or less or above going up to around 6 (the more hits you take at the lower end, the less you get at the higher end, so it's kind of just controlling how fast you extract really)

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Yeah favorite style for me is still to temp step, only one hit each setting, tiny bit by tiny bit, between the lines, starting around 2 or less or above going up to around 6 (the more hits you take at the lower end, the less you get at the higher end, so it's kind of just controlling how fast you extract really)

May I ask how much you load and how many hits you can take? It sounds like a lot, whereas with 0.1g I get about just 5 good hits. I’m starting at 3 and ramping it up much more after every draw though…

El Duderino,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I'm so glad to hear that more people are trying the lower temps. There is so much there to enjoy. The TM2 often gets described as a master blaster of clouds (and it does that, no problem) but it also allows for constant lower temps that bring out the flavor more IMHO. To me, you get to enjoy the herb more, both for the flavor as well as the effects. And still great clouds too.

I am not a temp stepper. I just leave it on 2.5 all the time. By the 3rd or 4th hit, the taste starts to get roasty which tells me the herb is done. There might be more in there, but most of what I want is vaporized, even at these low settings. What's left requires more heat on the throat, and too roasty a taste. Maybe if I'm looking to fall asleep I'll hit it a few more times (at 2.5) to get the sedative effects. But usually I'm good with a fresh pack.

I don't know how much I use in grams, but I very lightly tamp a full rimless basket screen with a medium grind. My last grind was some sweet herb called Sherb Cake. It is the most purpley weed I've ever ground, with a light fruity taste.

HighTime

My last grind was some sweet herb called Sherb Cake. It is the most purpley weed I've ever ground, with a light fruity taste.

I don’t know if your Sherb Cake is related it, but one of the strains I’ve been going through lately is Sherb Valley. It’s very nice, pleasant stuff! —Sorry that this is a little off topic.

Last edited:

florduh

I'm so glad to hear that more people are trying the lower temps. There is so much there to enjoy.

@Shit Snacks originally turned me on to this. Haven't looked back.

There might be more in there, but most of what I want is vaporized, even at these low settings. What's left requires more heat on the throat, and too roasty a taste. Maybe if I'm looking to fall asleep I'll hit it a few more times (at 2.5) to get the sedative effects.

I tend to step between 2-3.5 occasionally up to 4. IME, after vapor production falls off at low temps, if I try to get every last bit by cranking it up even to 8 or 9, all I get is a tiny, unsatisfying, fart cloud. Doesn't taste good. Makes me sleepy. Not worth it at all.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
My OG Tinymight celebrated its 4th anniversary the other day. It still works amazingly every single time even with a replacement board a year and half ago (due to me inserting the batttery the wrong way). Yeah, low temps are the way I’ve been going for a while now too; starting @ 2, sometimes a bit lower and temp stepping to 5 or sometimes not even as high as that. And yes my AVB is medium to dark even on the low temp spectrum. LOVE THIS VAPE!

I will say lately my battery door has been more glitchy than before. I cleaned it thoroughly too recently including the threads on the top plate. Maybe I’ll clean it again soon. I hope I’m not wearing it out as I use it more than any other vape.

I need to message the TM elves about buying a RED TM2…
:peace:

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Well, hear me out!! This is a long ass post but i think i deserve it since
i've done the impossible!
:whoa::ninja::rockon:
Many many o moons ago i started to read the TM thread from the very start. :o
I figured instead of asking stuff i'll search for answers to still unknown questions! :cool:

So all this time i had a tab page open to keep track of my whereabouts and to do some quick reading whenever i had some time.
Today to my surprise i suddenly arrived at my very first post in the thread (which was just some funny ass remark, nothing useful at all unfortunately :doh:) and since i have been following here ever since i now have read it ALL!!!

I am now officially "in the knowing"!! :D

A few observations that stood out:

- The scepticism (and at times negativity) in the very beginning of the thread. Lasted quite a while with enough drama and bashing mixed in with growing and proper love/admiration for the thread to remain an entertaining read throughout!
Well done FC crowd!!

- The initial problems with communication that created late/random email replies and at times slow RMA handling.
Things looked ominous at times!

- How customer service started to step up at a certain point. They started to react faster but in all fairness: even when they were slow they did seem to provide solutions in the end. Even being very generous with free units and free repairs (even when people screwed up)/
Shout out to how they handled things throughout!

- The gradually growing love and praise for the once feared and distrusted TM. The thread and the early adopters proved that when it works as intended it will convince most sceptics!
Well done TM-crowd!! Solid device!

- The ongoing mystery and confusion concerning the name Lainaus/Ville!
Well done Quote-Ville! That'll never get old!
LoL

- The way this thread gradually became a great source for numerous DIY solutions to most "common issues" the og TM ran into! I have never owned an OG but i feel confident i could fix most of the issues that it can develop over time.
Man, i've never even seen an og irl and never opened my TM2 but taking apart and reassembling these devices has little secrets to me. (Except the hand on experience oc :lol:)
Well done FC!

- Too many members stood out over time to even attempt to name/credit them all. I'll just name a couple to explain what i mean:
@Vaporific surely is the most consistent of all TM fans. Whenever i read a post of his hand that doesn't say "TM rocks! EVERY single time!!" or something similar at the end i started to worry: did his love vanish?
Does he have a problem??
But sure enough his next posts would allways include his mantra! Probably 95% of his posts contain that phrase so when it's absent i start to worry!!
I know he is number 1 on the RED list (or supposed to be anyway) and i have to admit that i feel he should get the first one!
Heck: if they only made one they should sell it to him, and i say this as an OG-member of the RED list!
Grant the man his RED wish already!
And not only for the red wood, i also think it's the only way he'll buy a TM2 and being the avid lover of the OG i sure want to witness his love go through the roof when hitting the TM2 for the first time!

@Djsleepy for being a great resource as beta tester of the TM2. His (bold) statements were proven to be thrustworthy! Long time since he posted, hope he's doing fine!

Lot's of other users that shared their usage preference! Shoutout to @Shit Snacks for educating the crowds on low temps and for his patience as a tempstep-guide in the flavor universe!

Lot's of people that started to offer aftermarket stems or shared compatible gear/stems/stuff!
Well done guys and galls!

So many others that made this thread a huge source of information for troubleshooting and problemsolving. I've never had to try the @dzoinp mod but somehow i think this mod and a lot of the other advice, fixes and reviews shared here for the OG TM inspired the "maker" during the design and production of the TM2.
It's quite amazing how almost all the issues (great and small) that surfaced here were addressed in TM2.
(Not all ofcourse, like the button placement will probably remain an issue for some but imho it's perfect as is and i would have an issue with any other placement so yeah: can't please everybody regarding personal preferences so i refer more to performance/durability/longevity issues).

Again: well done fc-crowd and TM-guys!!

So this might be my main observation:
When the thread was about the OG it was riddled with these little reoccuring problems AND the DIY-fixes for them (clean threads, shim contacts, raise battery contact, wiggle/scratch bottom plates, reattach haptic, fix button, missing/misplaced o-ring...)! These fixes usually were successful and thus avoided a lot of units to be send back needing repair!
Greatness!
I'm sure the TM-maker also thanks you for these avoided RMA's!
And please correct me if i am totally mistaken but it feels to me that since the release of TM2 these fixes have not/hardly been needed?
It's been a while since i saw any of those problems/fixes being discussed.
It's like the TM2 hardly needs any service/DIY fixing!?!
It just works great?
ROCKING EVERY single time?! (@Vaporific i agree about every single time but TM2 seems to even outscore the og TM being pretty issue-free consistently and even has the reverse battery safety (which i needed once already tbh);))

In a way i think that is quite huge.
Not trying to compare but if i look at the release of the Venty for instance i see something completely different...
I think it has to be said that the upgrade to TM2 has been pretty impressive on several acoounts:

-timeframe (didn't take 7 years)
-quality control and beta testing
-improvements regarding the OG
-price (especially given the possibility to trade in an OG for discounted upgrade)
-overall refinement of construction/fitting/design.
As a TM2 owner i was surprised by some of the pics from early units: some seem to have huge crancks between wood and end-plates... Some of the early wood looked very rough and uneven... I realise that was mostly aesthetics and didn't affect performance but it's almost unthinkable if you only jumped in for TM2.
These units nowadays sure look pretty damn slick and perfectly fitted: very clean looking liitle buggers!!
Really very polished product imo!

So for the last time: WELL DONE Ville and team!!!
What a machine!
It truly is a weapon of VAS-destruction!!!

(I suspect that the delayed release of the PurpleHeart can be explained by this policy:
feels like they want to be 100% sure before they start selling. I know they had some issues where the red wood body was still warping too much thus compromising the glass tube surrounding the heater.
If the wood only deforms a little (over time or temp from heater) it can cause the glass to stress and crack so i think they are really putting it thru the works by heavy beta testing to find the right "recipe" for the wood (correct dryness, oven timing/temperature for finishing wood body,...).
Just guessing here but i think this is part of the delay. And i do prefer to wait than needing repair so i'll remain patient and confident they will only release a top tier product!
Gives me some time to save up!!)

So that's it i guess.. So sorry for the extra long post but it feels like i needed some closure here :D
I'll have to find a book to read now, will need some time to kick off.
Good thing i have my TM2 to help me thru!

tl;dr: I love my TM2 and i've read the whole thread, that's it basically..
:D

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
But sure enough his next posts would allways include his mantra! Probably 95% of his posts contain that phrase so when it's absent i start to worry!!
Don’t worry about me or my OG TM. It still rocks every single time :D

And not only for the red wood, i also think it's the only way he'll buy a TM2 and being the avid lover of the OG i sure want to witness his love go through the roof when hitting the TM2 for the first time!
Yes and no. Yes, it’ll be the only way I’ll buy a TM2 (or 3 or whatever the next version might be called but an additional TM vape will be purchased one way or another to augment and backup my OG TM). My good buddy @VapeKnight sold me his accidental second OG and his OG sadly stopped working last year so he bought a TM2 which I have used a couple of times. I love and want the knurled battery cover as the main enhancement (my board was replaced so I know how the internals, mostly, were enhanced. I’m sure the bottom contact could use some TLC and pulled up a bit yet I haven’t disassembled it since I sent it in for the board replacement. I’ve never had button issues however my haptic feedback stopped working twice which I was able to fix on my own…

@666Honeybadger alluded to a lot of early DIY fix solutions (and teardown posts too!), wood treatments, sanding, AND 3rd party stems and cooling options which I’m also grateful for - see above fixing the haptic feedback. I’m also appreciative of many members gracing this thread over the years, many of which also frequent other vape threads I follow. Indeed, the FC community is wonderful. And so is the Tinymight! :peace::peace:

Ariwe

I've been rocking the Tinymigh.t_bowl for a while now and can't recommend it enough.
However, I am looking to decrease the bowl size. I am using the half-bowl adapter already.
Last night I measured a lightly packed bowl which ended up weighing about .16 – way too much for me right now.

Wondering if anyone has found another reducer for the chamber? Or other way to use smaller loads?
Preferably around .05 or so.

TangibleHangnail

I've been rocking the Tinymigh.t_bowl for a while now and can't recommend it enough.
However, I am looking to decrease the bowl size. I am using the half-bowl adapter already.
Last night I measured a lightly packed bowl which ended up weighing about .16 – way too much for me right now.

Wondering if anyone has found another reducer for the chamber? Or other way to use smaller loads?
Preferably around .05 or so.
I just put in the amount of material I want to vape, I don't worry if there's an air gap. After the first pull it doesn't matter.

ezpz

sanchezman

Commander in Kief
Been a while since I last posted. My TM from May 2020 has been going strong with everyday use since then. The only maintenance I do is to clean the threads on the battery door whenever they get a little stuck.

It's been a dream until this weekend, when on three separate occasions, I unexpectedly combusted with the dial set to ~4. On these occasions the coil seemed to be running at max, regardless of having reached target temperature.

I've only combusted 2-3 other times over the past 4 years, so this is unusual to my experience with the TM. Advice appreciated!

Jojofernz

Been a while since I last posted. My TM from May 2020 has been going strong with everyday use since then. The only maintenance I do is to clean the threads on the battery door whenever they get a little stuck.

It's been a dream until this weekend, when on three separate occasions, I unexpectedly combusted with the dial set to ~4. On these occasions the coil seemed to be running at max, regardless of having reached target temperature.

I've only combusted 2-3 other times over the past 4 years, so this is unusual to my experience with the TM. Advice appreciated!

Perhaps try to recalibrate it?

Jojofernz,
Reactions: Petetbay
Top Bottom