TinyMight / TM 2

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Nice looking stem! Do you put them through an annealing process after you form the dimples?
My thoughts exactly,one should educate himself in the process,cause otherwise there might be beads and shards for breakfast. Annealing is done in kilns that arent cheap and need a lot of energy and it makes it adds to the expense of the production. When you bend glass you induce streess to the crystal structure and it can explode/shatter at any time . I've seen glass shattering on its own ,even without it being in use.

farmerpalmersnt

Nice looking stem! Do you put them through an annealing process after you form the dimples?

I heat a glass jar which I put over the top whilst it's still in the sand to slow any cooling down. It takes a very long time before it's cool enough to handle. Seems to be enough and the annealing charts I've seen roughly tally with the cooling time, in fact this takes way longer. But yes it's DIY, and a hot glass jar plus a thermometer is NOT an annealing kiln so at your risk. That said I've seen boro worked and simply flame annealed at shows, and the pieces sold.

I'm not selling anything. I've tried a test drops and taps and yet to break one so seems to work! I've tapped all over with the ridge of a knife, dropped onto the counter and had one in constant use with no cracks/stresses.

I am definitely no glassblower though so all tips/advice welcome from any experienced members 😂

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

I mentioned this in the Accessory thread, but I think it should be shared here too.

I have to mention that of all the different items I bought for the Tinymight (Terp pill stems incoming) the item that makes the biggest improvement to me, has got to me the Acrylic TM/WPA made by TheRogueWaxworks.

theroguewaxworks.com

TM02 Tiny Might / RBT - GR2 Titanium & Acrylic WPA/MP for Tiny Might / RBT Stems

Hand turned acrylic and GR2 titanium MP/14mm WPA for the Tiny Might / RBT This MP/WPA slips into either stem with included O rings. Its smooth finish, beautiful colors and 14mm taper add great looking functionality to your Tiny Might or RBT Also compatible with our TM/RBT stems...
theroguewaxworks.com

Dr. William Lee

Here's the current rendering of my ceramic "DNA" stem for the TinyMight; I'm hoping to order some samples soon and get some feedback from a few testers.

DNA tech uses two separate spiral partitions to create a high surface area "double helix"
This stem is 55MM long (same as the OEM glass stem) but contains 240MM of total vapor path length, almost 9.5 inches.

The idea is to combine the purity and flavor of glass with the durability of titanium.

TM55-D-Render.png
Will these be available on your website?

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
Those of you canadians who ordered the TinyMight 2, were you charged any duties/taxes? And how long did it take for your order to arrive?

Also, what grinder would you recommend for it? I have my eyes on the Raw Life v4 Grinder, but it’s a coarse grind. Another option is the BCG. In that case, which plate would you recommend?

Thanks.
Yes, expect to pay. I think for mine (w/ accessories) it was like $90. They use DHL express, so shipping is pretty quick, maybe a week.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Will these be available on your website?

Thanks for reaching out!

I know people were really looking forward to these, unfortunately I’ve had to put the ceramic TM cooling stems on the sideline for now.

All things considered, I can’t really sell them for under $150. I was really hoping to be able to offer them for $99 to compete better with current offerings; but at basically twice the size of a Dyna stem, it’s really difficult to offer something bigger, more advanced to manufacture, and of a more expensive material - all at a lower price than aftermarket Dyna stems are worth.

It’s definitely possible I’ll revisit these, but for right now it’s on standby.

Sorry about that. 🐡

cptofnthng

Can someone point me to the right o-rings for the cooling unit? I think they are orange. Even 1 mm bigger and the unit doesnt fit anymore.
For outside i still havent found a good alternative stem yet.

cptofnthng,
Reactions: Elfstone

Zipford

Can someone point me to the right o-rings for the cooling unit? I think they are orange. Even 1 mm bigger and the unit doesnt fit anymore.
For outside i still havent found a good alternative stem yet.
I don't believe I've seen an aftermarket source for those mentioned, though with 748 pages it's possible I missed that.

Note that the CU normally uses o-rings that are actually two different sizes (the CU takes two o-rings and one is slightly bigger). For something like o-rings, I think it makes sense to buy direct from TM -- the tolerances are tight so you could easily end up buying the wrong size, and the o-rings are critical for the device working properly.

Just my opinion, but I think this is a case where buying from TM makes sense (even though accessory shipping takes longer than device shipping).

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I don't believe I've seen an aftermarket source for those mentioned, though with 748 pages it's possible I missed that.

Note that the CU normally uses o-rings that are actually two different sizes (the CU takes two o-rings and one is slightly bigger). For something like o-rings, I think it makes sense to buy direct from TM -- the tolerances are tight so you could easily end up buying the wrong size, and the o-rings are critical for the device working properly.

Just my opinion, but I think this is a case where buying from TM makes sense (even though accessory shipping takes longer than device shipping).
I’ve bought aftermarket cooling unit orings either on Amazon or eBay (sorry I don’t recall). It’s a bit hit-and-miss with the orings themselves and the variance of the glass used with the cooling units. That’s been my experience. The oring size is mentioned many times herein; I think 11mm x 1mm but don’t hold me to that. See if the size is listed on the TM site. The TMs replacements come in a couple of sizes due to the aforementioned glass variance. Good luck on your oring search. :peace:

fogbank

I've been using the TM1 since 2019. I recently bought a TM2.

Overall the TM2 is a much nicer vape than the TM1.

However the "dark ring" issue has not improved for me. I use the stock stem. I started my first bowl at temp 6. Got the same clouds and cool vapor as with the TM1, but also got the same "dark ring" in the material.

I'm not that bothered by it, and I don't plan to change my setup in any way, but the "dark ring" issue doesn't seem to be any different than the TM1.

Shorner

I've been using the TM1 since 2019. I recently bought a TM2.

Overall the TM2 is a much nicer vape than the TM1.

However the "dark ring" issue has not improved for me. I use the stock stem. I started my first bowl at temp 6. Got the same clouds and cool vapor as with the TM1, but also got the same "dark ring" in the material.

I'm not that bothered by it, and I don't plan to change my setup in any way, but the "dark ring" issue doesn't seem to be any different than the TM1.
It's the same on my TM2 with the dark ring, there has been no improvement.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker

farmerpalmersnt

Do you actually mean dark ring or halo? More typical for me with the TM1 is a dark spot in the centre and a light ring round the outside with the stock CU. Do you get it without the stock CU?

With a simple screen or my all glass stem I don't get a halo at all. Draw speed I think is an influence though. Slow and steady at first builds heat. A fast hard draw from the beginning seems to 'cone' the heat and darken the centre faster especially at certain distances between stem end and herb.

onesixty2

wooden stem will eliminate the dark ring... the extraction is much even
seconding this, I'm still a huge fan of my ed's TNT stem & WPA. Out of every accessory / stem I've purchased, both of Ed's pieces are what I go back to as my gold standard. It's such a good roast and the cooling the stem provides with some beads inside of it is excellent. The WPA is also just always reliable and roasts deep bowls without issue.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Occasionally I’ll turn my stem - stock short stem too with a hollow CU - a quarter turn or so to try to mitigate any unevenness. When my vapor is diminished after temp stepping from the first session with a fresh load, I know the load is extracted fairly well. When I blow the AVB out in a collector (which I do most of the time but don’t use it for anything else) it’s uniformly brown. The ring or halo might still be visible sometimes, not always, but the load is fairly well extracted. The TM (OG for me for now) does a great job. No issues or complaints from me. :peace:

onesixty2

Here is what I do:
Yeah same. I wrap a wire cleaner around a chopstick, put wax on the wire cleaning and rub the inside of the stem with it, let it sit for awhile, then wipe down with a towel inside & out. The mineral oil & bees wax combo strips the gunk out while hydrating the wood.

I don't touch iso on the wood at all ever, just mineral oil & bees wax. I got my cleaning routine from a reddit post i screencapped awhile ago.. here:

Top Bottom