TinyMight / TM 2

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Folks, I need help. My recently repaired OG TM with a new board was working fine for a few weeks. Just finished a load with an older but still viable battery and when it was depleted I saw the different color lights out of the bottom, which I never saw before the new board - just red. I replaced the battery with a different one, got flashing red lights as usual, turned it on for on demand mode and I get the different color lights again but nothing happens. It doesn’t actually turn on or flash anything It’s like in some calibration mode but I’m not sure.

I swapped a couple of different batteries both relatively new (and charged, I checked in my Nitecore) and the same thing happens. Any ideas? It’s like my usual triple click with the button isn’t working but the button feels fine. I even tried turning it on in session mode and I see the quickly spin through of lights and then they go off. Nothing. HEPL! :)
:peace:

FelixVonTrapp

Folks, I need help. My recently repaired OG TM with a new board was working fine for a few weeks. Just finished a load with an older but still viable battery and when it was depleted I saw the different color lights out of the bottom, which I never saw before the new board - just red. I replaced the battery with a different one, got flashing red lights as usual, turned it on for on demand mode and I get the different color lights again but nothing happens. It doesn’t actually turn on or flash anything It’s like in some calibration mode but I’m not sure.

I swapped a couple of different batteries both relatively new (and charged, I checked in my Nitecore) and the same thing happens. Any ideas? It’s like my usual triple click with the button isn’t working but the button feels fine. I even tried turning it on in session mode and I see the quickly spin through of lights and then they go off. Nothing. HEPL! :)
:peace:
Silly question, but is temp on 0?

Vaporific

Silly question, but is temp on 0?
No but I just fixed it! It was on 2.2 where I usually start new loads. I just cleaned all the contacts too. After letting it dry for a minutes I did turn it on and got the same thing, startup red lights and the quick color flashes and then nothing. Then I turned the temp up a bit and tried again and it seemed to work. It wasn’t that dirty either and I did clean it when it came back from its repair. Strange but it seems to work now! My favorite vape is back!! :love::peace:

Zipford

Occasionally I’ll turn my stem - stock short stem too with a hollow CU - a quarter turn or so to try to mitigate any unevenness. When my vapor is diminished after temp stepping from the first session with a fresh load, I know the load is extracted fairly well. When I blow the AVB out in a collector (which I do most of the time but don’t use it for anything else) it’s uniformly brown. The ring or halo might still be visible sometimes, not always, but the load is fairly well extracted. The TM (OG for me for now) does a great job. No issues or complaints from me. :peace:
I do this too with the Grav Upline Taster -- the mouthpiece makes it easy to see the orientation of the stem. I'll do three hits with it oriented in one direction, and when I do my second session I rotate it 90 degrees. And then my second and third hits I slowly rotate the stem while taking the hit. The AVB is still lighter next to the glass, but otherwise is pretty uniformly dark.

Also, I am getting high twice off a fairly small amount of herb so regardless of how the ABV looks, I'm pretty sure I'm getting bang for my buck. I vary between just leaving the device on 6, sometimes I do my last hit on 8.

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...
Yeah there's always variance it seems, my TM2 needs to be at two or above to turn on
No but I just fixed it! It was on 2.2 where I usually start new loads. I just cleaned all the contacts too. After letting it dry for a minutes I did turn it on and got the same thing, startup red lights and the quick color flashes and then nothing. Then I turned the temp up a bit and tried again and it seemed to work. It wasn’t that dirty either and I did clean it when it came back from its repair. Strange but it seems to work now! My favorite vape is back!! :love::peace:

Mine has to be above 3 to turn on. I wonder if there are differences between the board generations.

Yeah there's always variance it seems, my TM2 needs to be at two or above to turn on
It was the temprature setting for sure then. I suspect when Mr. Tinymight renovated your Tm1 that the tweaks and upgrades changed it. My TM2 has to be 2.5 or so to turn on. Went through a bit of a panic at first when this happpened to me a week or so after I got it until the non-stoned one in the house (wife) suggested I read the manual...

Season 3 Mistake GIF by The Simpsons

Vaporific

It was the temprature setting for sure then. I suspect when Mr. Tinymight renovated your Tm1 that the tweaks and upgrades changed it. My TM2 has to be 2.5 or so to turn on.
Perhaps. There may indeed be a threshold or minimum temp setting - with or without the RMA - though I didn’t think I moved it any lower than it had been before and it was working fine. It’s possible I turned it just past this point and just above 2. I’d been starting loads in the mid 2’s now that my repaired TM is running like a Ferrari at that temp. I’ll play around with it more tonight. Suffice it to say I’m relieved it works again. I was majorly bummed I couldn’t get it to turn on. So far so good… :peace:

GoldenBud

Hi, can I just ask, is there a separate thread for sales of TM’s? I have ordered a TM2 & so would like to sell my original. UK based. TIA
you need to be in FC for 60 days and send some amount of msgs/getting likes etc'

RedZep

Having a big dilemma. After testing last few days against other vapes, I'm finding that TM2 is definetely triggering my TMJD (Temporomandibular joint dysfunction).

This is a very painful condition, and my previous suffering was what led me towards vaping.

I think it's the prolonged tension in the jaw muscles from maintaining the long, low, slow inhales.

If I can't find a solution, I will have to move my unit on to a new home. I would hate to do so as it's my joint fave vape of all time.

Has anyone heard murmurings of anyone who previously had my condition and found a work around?

vapeape77

Having a big dilemma. After testing last few days against other vapes, I'm finding that TM2 is definetely triggering my TMJD (Temporomandibular joint dysfunction).

This is a very painful condition, and my previous suffering was what led me towards vaping.

I think it's the prolonged tension in the jaw muscles from maintaining the long, low, slow inhales.

If I can't find a solution, I will have to move my unit on to a new home. I would hate to do so as it's my joint fave vape of all time.

Has anyone heard murmurings of anyone who previously had my condition and found a work around?
You try it in session mode yet?

I got mine running more like my Mighty OG and Crafty+, if this is useful info to you….
I now run session mode with the tm rimmed baskets (small nugs) with the dial turned down to 3.5 to 5. This is compared to slow draw results with on-demand running tm2 at 5 to 6.5.

Last edited:

RedZep

You try it in session mode yet?

I got mine running more like my Mighty OG and Crafty+, if this is useful info to you….
I now run session mode with the tm rimmed baskets (small nugs) with the dial turned down to 3.5 to 5. This is compared to slow draw results with on-demand running tm2 at 5 to 6.5.
So are you just sipping at it, like it's a crafty/mighty? I wasn't aware this was an option.

Zipford

Sorry to hear that. I don't have any experience with that condition, but have you tried a flat mouthpiece instead of round? I know some people find a flat tip simply more comfortable, and maybe that would have you using your jaw muscles in a way that doesn't trigger the TMJD?

Just spitballing here.

vapeape77

So are you just sipping at it, like it's a crafty/mighty? I wasn't aware this was an option.
Yes basically using it like that! Click it 3 times and on the 3rd hold it down till it stops vibrating like their manual says….

Also I think the rimmed baskets really helped me feel it’s dialed in now, maybe the close proximity to the oven???

RedZep

Sorry to hear that. I don't have any experience with that condition, but have you tried a flat mouthpiece instead of round? I know some people find a flat tip simply more comfortable, and maybe that would have you using your jaw muscles in a way that doesn't trigger the TMJD?

Just spitballing here.
That might be worth a try actually. Might activate different muscles more/less. Seems like it would be subtle, but with this condition subtleties are massive. Thank you.

CaptBongRipper

Life goes on, man...
That might be worth a try actually. Might activate different muscles more/less. Seems like it would be subtle, but with this condition subtleties are massive. Thank you.
I have a bit of TMJ myself so know a bit about what you are going through, but nowhere near your level, sorry man!

But just how MY jaw feels, I think a flat mouthpiece (kinda like an old-school pipe) might help. Another thing might be to try to use mindful breathing techniques and focus on NOT clenching your jaw as much as possible. I know when mine starts to hurt its because I am subconsciously clenching my jaw muscles.

Good luck man! Hope you feel better!

Top Bottom