• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

TinyMight / TM 2

Momor

It is definitely 'safer' to use an external charger, however none of them will charge at anywhere near the rate the USB-C onboard charge will
I have a Xtar ST2 that is capable of charging 2 18650 at 4.1A with the right socket plug.
With the protected heater of the TM2 I used a S&B dosing cap (the only reason I have held on to my Mighty+) tonight and it was WAY better than the Tinymight dosing caps version 2. I never tried the S&B dosing caps with the original TM because of the issues people had doing that and shorting out the heater.
I always had good results using S&B capsules with my TM. Even though I pushed the heater screen 2-3 times not being careful, it luckily didn't damaged my unit.
I only use capsules when I want to be 100% stealth. For me it's way more discreet to put/swap capsules in your TM than straw sucking your herbs from whatever container.
Having multiple stems preloaded is a lot more expensive and cumbersome solution.

My TM2 is waiting my return from vacation at a friend's house for a few days now. All those very good reviews get me very excited to try it. I really wish I'll be as impressed as almost everyone else.

Michel

Does anybody else find the TM2 does perform differently because of the bigger distance between chamber and coil? It seems somehow there’s more convection heating now.

Perhaps I should clarify my post:
The OG TMs stem is very close to the heater coil. I guess there is some radiation which helps to heat the load. And the heated air might hit the load directly which causes the black ring (and is perhaps part of the magic behind the OG?)

The TM2 has an additional heater protection screen with an additional air gap between protection screen, the standard screen and the herbs.

This causes a more even heating, better taste but somehow less vapor on the first hit. Pretty similar to @dzoinp’s heater screen mod on the OG.

I tried to compensate this with higher temperatures which gives me very good hits, but the vapor gets uncomfortable hot beyond temperature 8,5 (native use). The OG TM runs on Level 7,5 for same performance (both units). My first TM (r.i.p.) was a cloud monster, I never ever used it above 7. Mostly between 5,5-6,5.

At least those are my observations. While I really love the walnut, usb-c and the new battery door, I feel I get better hits with my OG TM if I’m cloud chasing. For flavor only I might grab the TM2, but I’m very ok with the flavor from the OG TM.

I don’t know if it has been mentioned, the TM2 is noticeably heavier, wider and thicker than the OG.
I find myself grabbing the OGs very often while I planed to sell one of them after purchasing the TM2. Not sure what I’ll do, but one TM has to leave in the very near future.

TM stubby stem with TM2 battery door:

mod note: edited to fix quoting

Last edited by a moderator:

Misterhyde

The OG TMs stem is very close to the heater coil. I guess there is some radiation which helps to heat the load. And the heated air might hit the load directly which causes the black ring (and is perhaps part of the magic behind the OG?)

The TM2 has an additional heater protection screen with an additional air gap between protection screen, the standard screen and the herbs.

This causes a more even heating, better taste but somehow less vapor on the first hit. Pretty similar to @dzoinp’s heater screen mod on the OG.

I tried to compensate this with higher temperatures which gives me very good hits, but the vapor gets uncomfortable hot beyond temperature 8,5 (native use). The OG TM runs on Level 7,5 for same performance (both units). My first TM (r.i.p.) was a cloud monster, I never ever used it above 7. Mostly between 5,5-6,5.

At least those are my observations. While I really love the walnut, usb-c and the new battery door, I feel I get better hits with my OG TM if I’m cloud chasing. For flavor only I might grab the TM2, but I’m very ok with the flavor from the OG TM.

I don’t know if it has been mentioned, the TM2 is noticeably heavier, wider and thicker than the OG.
I find myself grabbing the OGs very often while I planed to sell one of them after purchasing the TM2. Not sure what I’ll do, but one TM has to leave in the very near future.

Damn! I love that stubby Ti stem. Where did you get that?

focalforlife

Can i ask where you got the stubby stem? Interesting observations, thanks for sharing.

Yes, please, thank you, Misterhyde, lcasadonte and I too would love to know where we can purchase that stubby stem? I too found your post to be informative to the point that I feel I’m missing out not having the OG TinyMight. The TinyMight 2 is my first TM and my only experience in the world of TinyMight. Vape long and prosper 🖖🏼

Elfstone,
Reactions: Michel

dman28

Vaping for the health of it.

Thanks for sharing your observations. I have the 1.5 version of the TM and am able to get vapor from a setting of 2. The button rattle that was an issue with OG was rectified and I am very happy with my TMs.

dman28,
Reactions: Michel

Momor

I've never tried TM, maybe the question comes from here, but how can you do that exactly? Because if I think about that in session mode I can't imagine it
You would not be able to clear your hit because you continue to pull hot air over your weed in session mode.
Not practical but the solution to clear your hit in session mode would be to take out the stem from the unit before the end of your daw

pudgewack

I mentioned, a couple of pages ago, that I'd like to see TM make those knurled battery doors for the OGTM. I thought it might need to be redesigned because of the switched polarity – so it works in the OGTM as is? I wonder if they'll offer them as upgrades for TM1 and TM½?
The TM2 battery top does screw into the TM1.5 slot. The TM1.5 does the battery strength vibrations when the TM2 top is screwed down. The TM1.5 also turns on with the 3 clicks of the fire button with the TM2 top.

That is as far I went with the test though. I did not try to take a hit as I don't want to potentially damage my TM1.5.

Assuming the tops are interchangeable, the TM2 top would be a nice addition to the TM1. I always disliked having to use a coin or down Force to remove the battery on my TM1.5. The new top solves that issues.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
The TM2 battery top does screw into the TM1.5 slot. The TM1.5 does the battery strength vibrations when the TM2 top is screwed down. The TM1.5 also turns on with the 3 clicks of the fire button with the TM2 top.

That is as far I went with the test though. I did not try to take a hit as I don't want to potentially damage my TM1.5.

Assuming the tops are interchangeable, the TM2 top would be a nice addition to the TM1. I always disliked having to use a coin or down Force to remove the battery on my TM1.5. The new top solves that issues.
Does the top of the battery go face down or face up in TM 1.5?? I know the TM2 reversed the OG’s position and would think the battery cover is optimally designed for each way. Indeed, I’d be careful swapping them if the positions are different. :peace:

EDIT: I believe the 1.5 has the new board which has polarity protection but I’d still be wary. I know my OG does not have it - and it’s on its way back to Finland now for a new board as I indeed accidentally inserted the battery the wrong way after 2.5 years and fried the board.

Vaporific,
  • Sad
Reactions: Elfstone

pudgewack

On my TM1.5, I put the positive side of the battery in first when inserting. That makes the positive side on the bottom of the device and the negative side on the top.

I used the same orientation as described above when testing the TM2 cap on the TM1.5.

However, the battery is reversed on the TM2.

pudgewack,
Reactions: Elfstone

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I've never tried TM, maybe the question comes from here, but how can you do that exactly? Because if I think about that in session mode I can't imagine it

Yep as others have said, you cannot like you can with on demand, that's why this is pretty much always to use in on demand even passing around, just tell them to hold the button and start their hit when it vibrates, keep inhaling and let go of the button when they are close to finishing, keep inhaling to clear... I only ever use session mode, to take one hitters, so I can turn it off as I am finishing my hit, and fully clear (usually with high temp through water so I don't have to hold the button during my hit is all)

Michel

Looks like a custom ti stem with the Ditanium wpa
You are totally right! But I use it only outdoors since it gets quite hot on the throat. There is only place for half a CU.

The TM works quite well with the TM2 knurled battery door, but the contact areas have different geometries. I would avoid over tightening since it could be to much pressure on the batteries negative end.

Edit: nobody can compare the density of vapor between the OG and the TM2? Just spent some time comparing both units again. I have been way to high the entire week but I come always to the same conclusion, the OG gives me bigger and easier hits.

BubbleDrop

Edit: nobody can compare the density of vapor between the OG and the TM2? Just spent some time comparing both units again. I have been way to high the entire week but I come always to the same conclusion, the OG gives me bigger and easier hits.
I'll try to compare both, but it's hard to use the exact same settings as it depends how they were calibrated I guess.
I used to run the TM from 5 to 7, and then I got a 1.5 which I'm using between 3 and 4 only.

I'm using the TM2 between 3 and 4 as well. When the bowl is finished at 4, the AVB is quite dark.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

nobody can compare the density of vapor between the OG and the TM2? Just spent some time comparing both units again. I have been way to high the entire week but I come always to the same conclusion, the OG gives me bigger and easier hits.

I think I have adjusted my inhaling technique slightly. That often goes subconsciously when I use a device often, I get more efficient with it. Perhaps if you would use TM2 exclusively for a while and then return to og it will give better results.

Tonysoprano604

Hi everyone!
A little disappointed, my tiny might 2 vaporizer stopped working as of yesterday. The unit does not power on, nor does it charge. I ordered a generic battery and charger from amazon, which also does not work. I believe I have a faulty lemon product, wondering if anyone else has had this issue? Also I never got any spare parts that I ordered with my package, did anyone else not get it either?

Tia

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I ordered a generic battery and charger from amazon

Sorry, that sucks, if it is a defective thing, but I also had to point out, you should never ever buy a generic battery and charger from Amazon, there is no generic only rewraps for batteries and knock-offs, should never be bought from Amazon because there is no guarantee for safety and authenticity

Tonysoprano604

Sorry, that sucks, if it is a defective thing, but I also had to point out, you should never ever buy a generic battery and charger from Amazon, there is no generic only rewraps for batteries and knock-offs, should never be bought from Amazon because there is no guarantee for safety and authenticity
Thanks good point, I was just trying to determine if it was the battery or not... I'll try going to a local store and see it I can find another battery to see if that's the issue.

GoldenBud

Thanks good point, I was just trying to determine if it was the battery or not... I'll try going to a local store and see it I can find another battery to see if that's the issue.
you baiscally have 5-7 options and that's it.. Molicel P26A / P28A, Sony VTC6, VTC5A, and what else? maybe LG HG2... you need 20A+ authentic battery buddy

Top Bottom