TinyMight / TM 2

slayyou

So I haven't been using my Tinymight much lately as I received other vapes, put them through their paces and with only so many sessions in a day the Tinymight took a break. Yesterday I wanted a vape with me when I left the house and the Tinymight was the one I reached for, along with a couple preloaded stems, some more flower and extra cells. One cell was enough but I wanted to have the ability to swap if needed. I got home and continued to use the Tinymight with my glass beaded long stem setup and then pulled out a couple of my Grav Labs 3" Upline Tasters and just kept loading and dumping into the evening.

I somehow forgot how much I friggin love this vape!

It's still surprises me how small it is in the hand which is one of many features I absolutely love about it. Add that to hard hitting, excellent taste, replaceable batteries, ease to maintain, stem variety, etc.

The Bowle overtook my Tinymight as a favorite for a short time (I won't get into that here as per forum rules) but the Tinymight is so damn good and is still in most ways my #1 portable even after a year of acquiring other devices. If my vape collection was wiped out tomorrow the Tinymight would be the first I'd order and from @Shit Snacks photos the new ones are looking even better! I'm very curious about the anodized caps as I thought they would impede the flow of electricity through the metal strip that some have issues with. If anyone removes a cap I'd really appreciate a picture to see what the underside looks like.

Jumping back to the Grav Labs stems, with my @dzoinp baslet screen mod the bowl is very small which would be an absolutely perfect microdosing setup. Back to back stems are very efficient with such a small amount of flower; I knew there was a reason I bought 3 originally :lol:. They get hot with back to back hits so without a break it's good to alternate between stems after each bowl. The airflow isn't as open as the standard stem obviously but it's still good and that tapered tip is so comfortable.

TL:DR
Tinymight kicks ass and chews bubble gum and COVID disrupted the bubble gum supply chain so...
The bottom of the cap does not have the textured finish, likely for better contact like you mentioned.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
i dont know where the idea came from that the aluminium on the tinymight is anodized. i dont think it is. it looks bead blasted or something similar for the finish, rather than any sort of coating.

Oh it could be bead blasted or something else, I don't know, I can't tell the difference or know how to rather... It does seem very nice, whatever it is? Although at first my dial was a little stiff to turn, so I had to use a steel tool to help, it did scratch a little bit inside of the groove of the dial, but only slightly... The dial has already loosened up quite a bit for me now so I can use my fingernail again!

My new TM does indeed seem to run hotter, I can finish my normal bowls around level 5 instead of above 6... I can really milk the low temps, starting at level 2.5 and lingering with modest temp stepping until level 4... Nice clouds and the flavors shining through are so fantastic, theres nothing like a brand new vape that uses pure materials like this!

The fishy smell of the linseed oil has faded with open air exposure and more use in my hands, I can still subtly make it out, but fortunately it never affected taste as I let it sit out a bit before (few days) and after cleaning (few hours) so when I used it all I tasted was the herb (and I consider myself to be a little sensitive, yes a flavor snob)

One odd thing, even though the o-rings all look the same, and the metal tubes the same size despite the different finish, for some reason I cannot screw down my top ring very far at all... It seems like the o-ring is too thick, so it is very tight to get stems in and out as well... I wish I looked more closely at it when it arrived before taking it apart so I knew if it ever fit together properly like my original... I've been using it hoping it will loosen up, break in the o-ring, but I am thinking about ordering these to try out instead in case they are better for me??

I mean they seem the same, who knows, maybe the below will be different, being clear?? They all say 2 mm thick but there could be variance perhaps...

Last edited:

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
One odd thing, even though the o-rings all look the same, and the metal tubes the same size despite the different finish, for some reason I cannot screw down my top ring very far at all... It seems like the o-ring is too thick, so it is very tight to get stems in and out as well... I wish I looked more closely at it when it arrived before taking it apart so I knew if it ever fit together properly like my original... I've been using it hoping it will loosen up, break in the o-ring, but I am thinking about ordering these to try out instead in case they are better for me??
well...
I have already addressed this topic here several times!
the last one:

dzoinp,

Shit Snacks

well...
I have already addressed this topic here several times!
the last one:

My tubes seem to be the same height though? Also I don't have calipers, or sandpaper for that matter lol

Shit Snacks,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
My new TM does indeed seem to run hotter, I can finish my normal bowls around level 5 instead of above 6... I can really milk the low temps, starting at level 2.5 and lingering with modest temp stepping until level 4... Nice clouds and the flavors shining through are so fantastic, theres nothing like a brand new vape that uses pure materials like this!
This is what I’d love to figure out / fix for my Tinymight. I get no vapor below 5 and finish off 7.5-8. Besides that I love my TM - awesome every single time (like now, lol).
They all say 2 mm thick but there could be variance perhaps...
As with glass - which I’ve learned a lot from many of you, thanks! - there are variances with orings too. It’s trial and error for me trying to find the right fit for the CU replacements out of a bag of 100 made in China (I assume) - and I have 2 bags too, neither of which are good. Thankfully I don’t have to change orings often and I’ve yet to change the original stem oring you’re having an issue with? Have you tried a different stem? I know both my TM short stems are slightly different in diameter and I need to adjust the stem ring when changing them out. :peace:

Shit Snacks

This is what I’d love to figure out / fix for my Tinymight. I get no vapor below 5 and finish off 7.5-8. Besides that I love my TM - awesome every single time (like now, lol).

Even with my original TM, I get a little vapor at level 2 even (this one I think begins at level 2.5, like below that is the safety switch) Yeah as long as you have a usable range on your dial, it doesn't really matter I suppose, but also I am not using stock with the cooling unit now anyway (though my original worked well that way too)

As with glass - which I’ve learned a lot from many of you, thanks! - there are variances with orings too. It’s trial and error for me trying to find the right fit for the CU replacements out of a bag of 100 made in China (I assume) - and I have 2 bags too, neither of which are good. Thankfully I don’t have to change orings often and I’ve yet to change the original stem oring you’re having an issue with?

My new TM came with the o-ring kit, so I even have a spare, but neither fits right, and they seem identical to the one in my original TM anyway... the metal tubes seem the same, except the new one is bead blasted and the old one is plain brushed metal... We'll see if these clear o-rings make any difference...

Yeah there are differences in the o-rings used in my new cooling unit versus the old one, not sure where I put the old one stored in a box somewhere, still never been cleaned lol Don't get me wrong I love the cooling unit, but see no reason to use it at home, so it's been quite some time!

Have you tried a different stem? I know both my TM short stems are slightly different in diameter and I need to adjust the stem ring when changing them out. :peace:

Oh yeah it does not matter, I'm not even using stock stems, these are backwards RBT stems, which some can be a snug fit though some are looser than stock, but still here like I said the top ring can't even screw down much at all... and I can feel the orings are just too tight versus the original, regardless of the stem being used... The universal WPA seems to be the best so far, used that for a whole nug in my TM over the weekend and going to again now... in inception jayhook.

Anyway the way it is now, I can't adjust the stem ring, it's hardly screwed in at all lol That's what I mean, it just feels like the o-ring is too thick somehow... I suppose I can try the other metal tube in this TM, they really did look to be the same size though... Also that's not much of a solution!

As I say in this post, the ideal height of the tube (to screw the entire ring) varies from Tinymight to Tinymight, since there are differences in the height of the wood

I know, but what is your point? Thank you, but I don't see how that helps me? are you just saying that my TM must have arrived like this, since I said how I forgot to inspect before taking it apart for initial clean??

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Vaporific

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Anyway since I don't have the proper tools I'm hoping to avoid that, we'll see how these other o-rings work out! Thanks again!
Ok I know I'm not helping ... but tools?? how much does a sandpaper cost? Here is 0.5€ (50 cents)
How many aluminum tubes do you have? only two?... ok
Laziness? Me either :dog:

dzoinp,

Shit Snacks

You haven’t tried the other ones yet....

wish I had a therapy dog too...

I'm not sure I follow entirely, but yes lol

Ok I know I'm not helping ... but tools?? how much does a sandpaper cost? Here is 0.5€ (50 cents)
How many aluminum tubes do you have? only two?... ok
Laziness? Me either :dog:

By tools I really meant the caliper, to check that the height is indeed different... I mean I could just try the old tube in the new one just to see, even though I don't like that as a solution... But yeah just these two, and generally I don't really like the idea of having to mod by sanding down, regardless of sandpaper being relatively easy to acquire! :ko:

Aquanaught

Received my TM last week but only last night had a chance to finally fire it up. And my god...this...thing...RIPS. I’m getting massive, cool, flavorful clouds as low as about 1.5 or 2 on the dial. I think this has made all of my other vapes obsolete, both portable and desktop. Already one of the best purchases I’ve ever made, and def worth the wait.

@Shit Snacks mine has the same issue as yours. Can’t screw the tube holder ring in more than a quarter turn or so. Let me know if you find a solution that doesn’t require a hacksaw or belt sander 😂. As it is, I need to be careful when removing my stem. If i twist it at all counterclockwise when removing it, the friction against the o-ring will sometimes unscrew the tube holder ring. This issue, and the silly bright red blinking LED are really my only complaints thus far.

I have though determined I’ll need some extra batteries. Leaning toward the VTC6, but curious to hear others’ opinions. I think there was discussion a number of pages back about the best batteries and chargers. But having trouble sifting through this massive thread to find the pertinent posts.

Shit Snacks

Received my TM last week but only last night had a chance to finally fire it up. And my god...this...thing...RIPS. I’m getting massive, cool, flavorful clouds as low as about 1.5 or 2 on the dial. I think this has made all of my other vapes obsolete, both portable and desktop. Already one of the best purchases I’ve ever made, and def worth the wait.

Awesome, this is how many of us felt when we first got ours, and explains much of the sentiment in this thread that some others seem to have a problem with!

@Shit Snacks mine has the same issue as yours. Can’t screw the tube holder ring in more than a quarter turn or so. Let me know if you find a solution that doesn’t require a hacksaw or belt sander 😂.

Those clear o-rings are arriving today, we'll see if they make any kind of difference!

As it is, I need to be careful when removing my stem. If i twist it at all counterclockwise when removing it, the friction against the o-ring will sometimes unscrew the tube holder ring. This issue, and the silly bright red blinking LED are really my only complaints thus far.

Haha yeah that happened to me at first, then I worked hard to tighten it as far as I possibly could, and always careful to turn the stems in the right direction (since I was able to tighten it a little further it is a little more forgiving if I go in the opposite direction... also depending on the stem being used)

Yeah getting blinded by the LED is rough stuff, I will say it does seem to be a bit better on my new one than the old one like the rest of the construction! Even the haptic feedback and button response is smoother, softer, yet strong solid consistent...

I have though determined I’ll need some extra batteries. Leaning toward the VTC6, but curious to hear others’ opinions. I think there was discussion a number of pages back about the best batteries and chargers. But having trouble sifting through this massive thread to find the pertinent posts.

Yeah my favorite battery for the TM now is actually the Molicell P26A, even though it has less mAh capacity the extra amps more than make up for it in my experience with the two I have in my TM versus the original Sony VTC6 it came with... Those are actually tough to find now anyway, so TM started shipping with 30Q lately instead.

The molicell has allowed me to get consistent performance through out an entire charge with my TM now. The haptics tell me when I need to swap perfectly, like I still get a few bowls at two vibrations, then I am able to get one bowl (or even two) at one vibration without it shutting off on me mid sesh... Just ideal performance overall.

I need to do some proper testing to post more objective results perhaps, but I can say subjectively with confidence that these are the best cells for the TM in my experience!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY

@Shit Snacks mine has the same issue as yours. Can’t screw the tube holder ring in more than a quarter turn or so. Let me know if you find a solution that doesn’t require a hacksaw or belt sander 😂. As it is, I need to be careful when removing my stem. If i twist it at all counterclockwise when removing it, the friction against the o-ring will sometimes unscrew the tube holder ring. This issue, and the silly bright red blinking LED are really my only complaints thus far.

Awesome, this is how many of us felt when we first got ours, and explains much of the sentiment in this thread that some others seem to have a problem with!

Those clear o-rings are arriving today, we'll see if they make any kind of difference!

Haha yeah that happened to me at first, then I worked hard to tighten it as far as I possibly could, and always careful to turn the stems in the right direction (since I was able to tighten it a little further it is a little more forgiving if I go in the opposite direction... also depending on the stem being used)

Yeah getting blinded by the LED is rough stuff, I will say it does seem to be a bit better on my new one than the old one like the rest of the construction! Even the haptic feedback and button response is smoother, softer, yet strong solid consistent...

Yeah my favorite battery for the TM now is actually the Molicell P26A, even though it has less mAh capacity the extra amps more than make up for it in my experience with the two I have in my TM versus the original Sony VTC6 it came with... Those are actually tough to find now anyway, so TM started shipping with 30Q lately instead.

The molicell has allowed me to get consistent performance through out an entire charge with my TM now. The haptics tell me when I need to swap perfectly, like I still get a few bowls at two vibrations, then I am able to get one bowl (or even two) at one vibration without it shutting off on me mid sesh... Just ideal performance overall.

I need to do some proper testing to post more objective results perhaps, but I can say subjectively with confidence that these are the best cells for the TM in my experience!

Just a reminder you can put it in stealth mode or whatever its called, to turn off the blinking LED

Shit Snacks

Awesome, thanks as always for the speedy reply @Shit Snacks. I’m going to give those molicells a shot. Any recommendations for a 2 or 4 battery charger?

I have been using the same old Nitecore D2 For many years now, there is likely something better and I don't know about other brands, 18650batterystore.com had a good deal on the molicell in the fall when I got mine, I'm sure places like that have plenty of fine chargers too!

Just a reminder you can put it in stealth mode or whatever its called, to turn off the blinking LED

Yeah I would like to try that, that would allow me to use TM in more out and about situations too (when that becomes a thing again in a year maybe lol) however doesn't it reset every time you take the battery out? Would be a good idea if I dedicated one TM to be out and about portable, to keep battery in charging, instead of external like I normally do, but ehhh My original TM cannot do stealth, got it before that feature was added, I think it only does haptic stealth which is useless lol Anyway the LED is useful to know status as well, I just wish it wasn't so bright and in my eyes from the USB port especially since I often use it upside down... I've gotten pretty good at putting my finger there though so generally not an issue for me, but still a negative!

Shit Snacks,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I have been using the same old Nitecore D2 For many years now, there is likely something better and I don't know about other brands, 18650batterystore.com had a good deal on the molicell in the fall when I got mine, I'm sure places like that have plenty of fine chargers too!

Yeah I would like to try that, that would allow me to use TM in more out and about situations too (when that becomes a thing again in a year maybe lol) however doesn't it reset every time you take the battery out? Would be a good idea if I dedicated one TM to be out and about portable, to keep battery in charging, instead of external like I normally do, but ehhh My original TM cannot do stealth, got it before that feature was added, I think it only does haptic stealth which is useless lol Anyway the LED is useful to know status as well, I just wish it wasn't so bright and in my eyes from the USB port especially since I often use it upside down... I've gotten pretty good at putting my finger there though so generally not an issue for me, but still a negative!

@Aquanaught I have the Xtar X4 I think it is.... 4 bay, does everything I need it to and not too expensive.

Yeah it resets everytime you remove the battery, which is kind of a pain in the ass if you're swapping batteries a lot. Then again though you should only really need it when its dark, if its light I barely notice the LED blinking. I dont think it would be too hard to check the status with the LED off, just hold the fire button and see if you get that heater buzz

I agree the haptic stealth is useless lol but I can see just the convenience of turning off the LED. I just wish it would stay off with battery changes.

Shit Snacks

@Aquanaught I have the Xtar X4 I think it is.... 4 bay, does everything I need it to and not too expensive.

Yeah it resets everytime you remove the battery, which is kind of a pain in the ass if you're swapping batteries a lot. Then again though you should only really need it when its dark, if its light I barely notice the LED blinking. I dont think it would be too hard to check the status with the LED off, just hold the fire button and see if you get that heater buzz

I agree the haptic stealth is useless lol but I can see just the convenience of turning off the LED. I just wish it would stay off with battery changes.

Yeah you're right, I don't really need the LED to tell me, I'm not that absent-minded, no matter how much I vape I still have good memory for that shit lol

It's not a dark thing really it's just if I look in to the USB port when the LED on it is blinding, that's the main problem lol maybe I will try going stuff at some point, since I'm getting such good performance with these batteries I could try just leaving one in a bit...

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Right I never use mine upside down so I never had an issue that way

If it helps this is what I have in my notes. Truthfully I never tried it myself, but for the sake of the post, “stealth 1” I believe is light on, vibe off. Then basically repeat the process for light off vibe on?

213-D29-D7-BB18-47-E6-8835-1-AFF1-DBD4105.png

Top Bottom