TinyMight / TM 2

BKR2311

2 options:
1.Open a RMA on your account page on TM internet site and obtain return ticket to send it in.
2.Use the search function in the TM thread for “bad contacts” or something like that. Or google it. Googling for “TM losing power” also shows interesting stuff.
Next time don’t post a new thread. This is a pretty common issue and has been debated countless times in the specific vape thread.

Lol ok. Don't worry I won't be posting on here again then. Thanks.

BKR2311,

BKR2311

Take a look in the TM thread... Page 185 I think. @JoeKickass posted disassembly photos.

To me, it sounds like you are missing the o ring that goes on top of the glass tube you noted, or you need to tighten the central screw underneath. The only thing that rattles on mine is the button.
Thank you, I'll check that out. I tried the search function but just couldn't find anything specifically honestly. And if there is an o ring that's supposed to be on top of that glass inner lining tube, I definitely don't have it and it never came with it. I don't believe it's a tightening issue (it's nice and tight) mostly because I can literally put my finger in when I have the other pieces out and slide the glass tube up and down slightly. I'm guessing with the O ring I wouldn't be able to do that.

I looked on the TM site and he doesn't specify either, just the red o ring. Does that pack he sells come with the O ring for the glass tube?

BKR2311,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Yeah, you shouldn't be able to move the glass tube, mine rotates but that's it.

I don't believe he lists this o ring on the site, he does supply them though, @Vaporific bought some spares with a accessory order iirc. I'm afraid I don't know the dimensions for survey one from elsewhere

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
And if there is an o ring that's supposed to be on top of that glass inner lining tube, I definitely don't have it and it never came with it.

Just to make sure we're in the same picture – @Cheebsy is referring to →this o ring (depending on the time of build it might have a different color [blue I believe]).

Does that pack he sells come with the O ring for the glass tube?

I don't think so, no. If the o ring is indeed missing, I'm sure you'll find a way to contact the company about it.

One thing though: I'm not even sure I understand your issue.

It works decent. Like, I start on 7, then go to 8, 9, and finish on 10. At 10 the top will be a dark dark brown, and the rest will be a regular brown. Physically impossible to combust.

Because that sounds just about okay for me – I have never combusted in my TM and have set the dial to 10 a few times too. It shouldn't combust at 10. 10 is not for combustion. :-) A convection device like the TM will usually leave your herb lighter even at higher temps compared to a hybrid or conduction device.

BKR2311

Just to make sure we're in the same picture – @Cheebsy is referring to →this o ring (depending on the time of build it might have a different color [blue I believe]).

I don't think so, no. If the o ring is indeed missing, I'm sure you'll find a way to contact the company about it.

One thing though: I'm not even sure I understand your issue.

Because that sounds just about okay for me – I have never combusted in my TM and have set the dial to 10 a few times too. It shouldn't combust at 10. 10 is not for combustion. :-) A convection device like the TM will usually leave your herb lighter even at higher temps compared to a hybrid or conduction device.
If this is just the TM then thats fine. I was just reading that people rip it on like 4-5, and if they set it to 10 then they would probably combust. I can hit it on 10 all I want and it won't combust. So if that seems normal then awesome, it's pretty much there, but definitely has inconsistencies which I believe is due to the o ring not being there. It was hitting like a champ once I fixed the original issues, but then all of a sudden it was hit or miss. Think I'm going to get all new o rings and go from there. Thank you, you've been a big help.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
took it all apart to make sure it was lined up good and tight

I tried to adjust the temperature with that calibration method probably 50+ times

I've seen people talk about an O-Ring under the heater screen (?) or something, and the only O ring I have is the red one under the cap where the stem goes on. That O ring also seems like it might be out of shape because my stem doesn't really go in very "smooth", lots of friction. I try to only tighten the cap to just barely get some resistance, and that doesn't flatten the O ring out and seems to fit the stem better. The stem also doesn't sit completely sturdy.

The only other thing I've noticed besides just not being a great seal is that when I shake the TM, it rattles a little. Everything is tight so I couldn't figure out what it is. When taking it apart one time I noticed it's the glass insert above the heater screen. Just kinda shakes around.
IMG-20200511-001056.jpg

The lack of this oring is certainly your problem.
Without it, the inner glass tube will rattle and the air flow will not be sealed.
Regarding the difficulty in inserting the stem ... it may improve when you place the oring, but it is a sign that the wooden body is a little short. you can always shorten the length of the inner aluminum tube

BKR2311

IMG-20200511-001056.jpg

The lack of this oring is certainly your problem.
Without it, the inner glass tube will rattle and the air flow will not be sealed.
Regarding the difficulty in inserting the stem ... it may improve when you place the oring, but it is a sign that the wooden body is a little short. you can always shorten the length of the inner aluminum tube
Awesome, I'll have to see about getting an o ring for it. I'm not picky so the resistance putting the stem in doesn't bother me, I just wanted to check if it was contributing to the issue. I think I'm going to get both a few new big red o rings and then the other o rings just to be safe. While I'm at it I will also try shimming under the battery connection since that seems like what a lot recommend

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Got my Sherlock style Jhooks , wow I'm surprised how cool the vapor.is and smooth , reminds.of.the Bowle....all of.the sudden you feel your.lungs hit capacity and you are like I didn't think I drew that much! Now I'm waiting on right angle Jhooks and will report back with review. If.you have the tinymight 18 mm WPA you should.look into them ,.adds.another layer to the vape!

Awesome dude, now you see what I've been talking about, then the right angles will be next level!

Awesome, I'll have to see about getting an o ring for it. I'm not picky so the resistance putting the stem in doesn't bother me, I just wanted to check if it was contributing to the issue. I think I'm going to get both a few new big red o rings and then the other o rings just to be safe. While I'm at it I will also try shimming under the battery connection since that seems like what a lot recommend

For what it's worth, I got the o-ring kit with my second TM recently, it only comes with red o-rings, for the cooling unit and that big one for the stem. No clear o-rings, no blue o-rings, no o-rings to fit anywhere else that I can tell...

So if you are missing that o ring at the top, inside, it is clear on both of my units that are over a year apart, I would make sure to specify maybe in the notes when you order the spares, to make sure they give you the o-ring you need!

And yeah if you are missing that, that would explain why you have to start at level 7, there is an air leak somewhere in there without the o-ring...

A few pages back I posted alternative stem o-rings by the way, that come in clear instead of red and are a bit thinner, allowing the stem to insert more loosely into the TM, while keeping the top ring screwed down.

Last edited:

BKR2311

Awesome dude, now you see what I've been talking about, then the right angles will be next level!

For what it's worth, I got the o-ring kit with my second TM recently, it only comes with red o-rings, for the cooling unit and that big one for the stem. No clear o-rings, no blue o-rings, no o-rings to fit anywhere else that I can tell...

So if you are missing that o ring at the top, inside, it is clear on both of my units that are over a year apart, I would make sure to specify maybe in the notes when you order the spares, to make sure they give you the o-ring you need!

And yeah if you are missing that, that would explain why you have to start at level 7, there is an air leak somewhere in there without the o-ring...

A few pages back I posted alternative stem o-rings by the way, that come in clear instead of red and are a bit thinner, allowing the stem to insert more loosely into the TM, while keeping the top ring screwed down.
Damn, you guys are helpful on here. I plan on emailing him directly to see about buying the exact o ring. It never came with the O ring, so hopefully that's why even after fixing it from Dead on Arrival it still seemed "ok".

It's hard to navigate this page on my phone, but do you possibly have a link to those o rings you were talking about to replace the Red with? I did have the exact size at one point and found some on Amazon for much cheaper (he sells it like 1.50 each which is pretty nuts), but the thermal rating wasn't as high so I was worried about it not being able to handle the heat.

BKR2311,
Reactions: dzoinp

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Damn, you guys are helpful on here. I plan on emailing him directly to see about buying the exact o ring. It never came with the O ring, so hopefully that's why even after fixing it from Dead on Arrival it still seemed "ok".

It's hard to navigate this page on my phone, but do you possibly have a link to those o rings you were talking about to replace the Red with? I did have the exact size at one point and found some on Amazon for much cheaper (he sells it like 1.50 each which is pretty nuts), but the thermal rating wasn't as high so I was worried about it not being able to handle the heat.

I'm on my phone too, just skim through the past few pages, you will see it, I posted it twice... I'm not sure about the thermal rating, they were well reviewed to be true silicone, so I have to trust the company on the heat rating, I had also linked to the red ones on Amazon, but that was a different brand and one review said they were not actually silicone when they arrived... Finally there is a large kit, that comes with many many many sizes of the red, I did not want to go down that rabbit hole though! Good luck dude

Aquanaught

Has anyone found any sort of end cap to fit the standard TM stems to allow pre-loading of a few different stems without herb falling out? This seems like something which would have been discussed here, but none of my search strings are turning up anything useful.

Aquanaught,

Vaporware

Has anyone found any sort of end cap to fit the standard TM stems to allow pre-loading of a few different stems without herb falling out? This seems like something which would have been discussed here, but none of my search strings are turning up anything useful.

Caps: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Whit...4?pageci=bb9884f1-e4d8-44b7-a6e7-a8436cffdf4c

Body plug: https://www.ebay.com/itm/White-Blac...2?pageci=e4ec7b40-101c-4477-919a-69acc3d67aa4

Mine are black :). Someone else before me ordered different caps with little dimples in the cap. Mine don’t have dimples which is ok by me. I keep caps on my extra stock stem when not in use (and gave a few away to my buddy @VapeKnight whose accidental second TM I bought from him new - what are friends for?). Good luck and enjoy - I do daily! :D :peace:

Aquanaught

Good lord, thanks for the speedy reply! You must have either had that bookmarked, or your search skills are far superior to mine. Either way much appreciated!

Edit: @Vaporific any recommendation on which size caps to buy? My stems measure 16.1mm OD and the body opening 16.25mm ID. The size choices seem to be 15.7 or 16.7mm and 16 or 16.5mm respectively. Thanks!

Last edited:

BKR2311

You can also use the Search feature, tell it to only search this thread, then put in Shit Snacks as the user and it should come up. I do that a lot here. :)
Awesome thanks. I've tried using this search function many times, and (no offense to anyone) its just not very user friendly. That worked much better and I found it.

I'm on my phone too, just skim through the past few pages, you will see it, I posted it twice... I'm not sure about the thermal rating, they were well reviewed to be true silicone, so I have to trust the company on the heat rating, I had also linked to the red ones on Amazon, but that was a different brand and one review said they were not actually silicone when they arrived... Finally there is a large kit, that comes with many many many sizes of the red, I did not want to go down that rabbit hole though! Good luck dude

Found it https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MNN6V15/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for anyone who also needs it. Ordered it and just need to wait on the response from TM to figure out what O ring goes on top of the glass piece (I opened it up and verified it isn't there)

bgrpph

bkr2311-- ck out the photos on page 187 TinyMight- i just had my TM apart yesterday to fix the haptic vibration that wasn't working for 2nd time- that page shows a blue oring that's in the inside of the top piece & stays there in place on mine even with the top off the unit. When putting the unit back together & putting the glass tube back- the round metal piece goes on top of heater & has lip that the glass tube fits into to hold it steady then the top piece (with blue oring in place) fits onto the TM. (i've seen on here that this blue oring is clear color or diff color on some). hope this helps

bgrpph,
Reactions: ezpz

Vaporware

@Aquanaught another good option for tm caps are delta 3D studios 18650 battery caps, which are also handy for batteries on the go, with the added benefit of supporting a member of the forum and community. I know you'll do the right thing ;)

I have several sets of these for 18650s and they’re good quality stuff. I’d rather order them than a bunch of sizes I don’t need too. :)

Vaporware,
Reactions: Bad Dog

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Good lord, thanks for the speedy reply! You must have either had that bookmarked, or your search skills are far superior to mine. Either way much appreciated!

Edit: @Vaporific any recommendation on which size caps to buy? My stems measure 16.1mm OD and the body opening 16.25mm ID. The size choices seem to be 15.7 or 16.7mm and 16 or 16.5mm respectively. Thanks!
See post 9415 just above yours - @Vaporware linked them. Those are what I bought (black), others on here have bought different ones. The ones I bought work great. In fact I keep a cap on the short stern all the time now; also my spare ones too. Perfect to give the stock short stem (what I only use, so far - hey, we just celebrated our 1 year anniversary yesterday) enough protection and not allow anything to enter the stem; smell somewhat too but that’s not my concern. Very pocketable with a cap on it too. I’ll cap the conversation here :) :peace:

Djsleepy

I would make sure to specify maybe in the notes when you order the spares, to make sure they give you the o-ring you need!
You must say “the oring that goes between the inner glass sleeve and lid” trust me it took several emails for them to understand!
They sent me three and charged me for two (1.75 ea) but that keeps me happy as both of my units have backups. Although with my daily adjustments should last a while.
And without that (blue,black,etc.) oring ; it will not make a good seal with lid and performance will suck.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
After trying out borosilicate balls between the two pieces of the cooling unit I’ve moved on to just using the screen portion of the CU in my long stem and loving it. Absolutely cool I enough for me.

The balls made maintenance a pain both in frequency and overall mess. I’d rather get those goodies while vaping.

And since I got backup screens in my initial order I can put a screen in each of the 4 CU pieces I have and swap out really easily when necessary.

I’ll be ordering another couple long stems and screens shortly. And maybe another full TM before the shipping situation clouds up any further.

condition

After trying out borosilicate balls between the two pieces of the cooling unit I’ve moved on to just using the screen portion of the CU in my long stem and loving it. Absolutely cool I enough for me.

The balls made maintenance a pain both in frequency and overall mess. I’d rather get those goodies while vaping.

And since I got backup screens in my initial order I can put a screen in each of the 4 CU pieces I have and swap out really easily when necessary.

I’ll be ordering another couple long stems and screens shortly. And maybe another full TM before the shipping situation clouds up any further.
So you just using the long stem with bolts and nuts as arrived?

condition,

Freight77

Does it really take Tinymight four weeks to deliver the vape? I live in So Cal and going to Vegas next month and would love to test the TM while there. I would pull the trigger if it could be delivered sooner. Here's hoping.

Freight77,
Reactions: Tweakz
Top Bottom