TinyMight / TM 2

SquirrelMaster

Nice review :tup:
I feel similar emotions, my first TM is already a 1year old, but I have not used other devices since its arrival :brow:

I think it's time to order a second one :smug:
I've always wanted to use 2 through a glass y-adapter and a backup is never a bad thing. I'm still hoping for some different woods at some point. That would be an instant buy for me.

i dont know where the idea came from that the aluminium on the tinymight is anodized. i dont think it is. it looks bead blasted or something similar for the finish, rather than any sort of coating.

In the photo @Shit Snacks posted above, his newly arrived Tinymight looks like the caps are anodized but maybe bead blasted like you are suggesting? I can't think of what a bead blasted finish looks like. However they finish the new units it I like it!

hummm....:hmm:

if i were your Tinymight you would have a bad contact day ...:dog:
Let me guess: taffe doesn't fit in your pockets:whip:or maybe you would wet your pants :rofl::rofl:

I have thankfully never had an issue with my Tinymight contact points and I made a point (;)) months ago to stop cleaning the battery lid so this would have been the time to act up lol.

Ha, no it would fit but the battery life is too short to allow it to leave the house. It's fairly portable (without the cup) but I didn't want to deal with the pots either. Good 'ol Tiny works really well for me on the go.

Thanks for the info @slayyou!

The light hasn't blinded me since I first got it but a couple days ago I caught the reflection in the screen of the Switch and was reminded how bright it is. Minor issue really.

Aquanaught

I believe it was posted herein however unsure if it was removed. And now I’m curious: if I start a fresh load lower than 5 I barely get any vapor. I’ve experienced this with many different strains. I use the stock short stem and cooling unit too; load is set back but from the edge of the stem and it’s usually as deep as it is wide. Above 5 I get nice clouds. It would be nice to enjoy a bit more flavor at the lower temp range with some vapor and a little more than I’ve been getting.

So if I wanted to search for the Lost Ark of calibrations and attempt a procedure that shall not be named, which way would I want to calibrate it - up or down? :peace:

P.S. those with multiple Tinymights are giving me bad thoughts. Love this vape!
Has anyone had luck digging up and/or using the calibration instructions? I am thinking mine needs to be adjusted since I am still getting mild clouds even on the lowest setting (below 1 on the dial). I emailed TM but doubt I'll hear back any time soon (although if I do I'll be sure to post here).

Aquanaught,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Has anyone had luck digging up and/or using the calibration instructions? I am thinking mine needs to be adjusted since I am still getting mild clouds even on the lowest setting (below 1 on the dial). I emailed TM but doubt I'll hear back any time soon (although if I do I'll be sure to post here).
Yes, but I haven’t tried them. PM me if you’d like. :peace:

EDIT: and thanks to @BrianTL post above I also have those handy. God I love this vape!

Djsleepy

PXL-20210311-223046149.jpg

O'Connell inception jayhook^
My Sherlock style should be here by Saturday and the right angled ....well they’re in a warehouse in a city I won’t even try to spell , waiting for flight maybe next week🤞. Super excited about trying !

Last edited:

kadjo

Just want to thank @Tinymight. After reading @SquirrelMaster's revisit of his TM, I grabbed mine and it was not working. I had the opposite experience!

When I looked inside I noticed the glass housing around the heater coil was cracked.

I emailed TM Customer service and got a response and a shipping label the same day. Its already en route back to be fixed.

They were great.

It may take a long time to come back, but I can't put the strained mail delivery systems on TM😉

Hopefully they are finding a rhythm as a young company and will continue to improve.

If you're reading this thread @Tinymight, thanks for your help!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

@Aquanaught the clear o-rings above are definitely thinner, allowed me to screw the top ring down fully, very easy to slide any stems in and out now... I do want to be a little careful, and make sure that it is as protective enough, since the area is thinner there is one little spot that could see glass stem rubbing against the aluminum? TBD

Oh I also did that mod on my new TM, where you flip the ring holding the heater screen, so that way the screen and stem hit the ledge a little more securely. Not sure it really makes much of a difference, but it does give me a bit more peace of mind with this clear o-ring in place at least... So far decent alternative!

Magenta

Would anyone know where I could find one of the couplers that attaches both the upper glass tube and the lower glass bit on the heater, and holds the screen in?
I had my first TM turn up with a rattle, and I originally thought it was because the glass sleeve was broken, but after seeing the break down photo's I realise I didn't have the coupling ring.

Magenta,

Easywider

Simple is the way
Just want to thank @Tinymight. After reading @SquirrelMaster's revisit of his TM, I grabbed mine and it was not working. I had the opposite experience!

When I looked inside I noticed the glass housing around the heater coil was cracked.

I emailed TM Customer service and got a response and a shipping label the same day. Its already en route back to be fixed.

They were great.

It may take a long time to come back, but I can't put the strained mail delivery systems on TM😉

Hopefully they are finding a rhythm as a young company and will continue to improve.

If you're reading this thread @Tinymight, thanks for your help!

Same experience here, it was a pleasure. I was having issues, reached out via email did a couple of back and forths for troubleshooting, had a return label by end of the day. 2 days later It was in Finland, man DHL works miracles.

Not sure how long the turnaround will take though. Mine landed arrived just over 2 weeks ago and communication has been silent since then.:lol:

Fingers crossed it's sooner than later, I miss my little buddy.

Aquanaught

@Aquanaught the clear o-rings above are definitely thinner, allowed me to screw the top ring down fully, very easy to slide any stems in and out now... I do want to be a little careful, and make sure that it is as protective enough, since the area is thinner there is one little spot that could see glass stem rubbing against the aluminum? TBD

Oh I also did that mod on my new TM, where you flip the ring holding the heater screen, so that way the screen and stem hit the ledge a little more securely. Not sure it really makes much of a difference, but it does give me a bit more peace of mind with this clear o-ring in place at least... So far decent alternative!

Sounds like a decent solution. Let us know how it holds up over time. If it does, maybe I’ll try it

One other question I have as I get to know this thing a little better is whether herb/avb dropping into the chamber is just part of life with the TM. Every time I remove the stem I get a bunch stuck in there. I need to be better about remembering to insert and remove the stem with the unit upside down. Any other tips to prevent this from happening? I don’t give more than an extremely light tamp, since the consensus seems to be that the TM performs better without tamping?

Aquanaught,

Vaporific

Would anyone know where I could find one of the couplers that attaches both the upper glass tube and the lower glass bit on the heater, and holds the screen in?
Do you mean oring? Strangely, the teardown picks on p 187 ( :love: ) omit the slender oring that sits atop the glass cylinder (mine has one). During my first taking apart the TM, I lost the thin oring (don’t ask, long story but I found it again a week later however it was beyond useful and it needed to be replaced, so I asked TM to throw in a couple with an accessory order I was making). The TM will work without it - I used mine without one for several weeks - but the oring really helps with the air flow.

There’s also an extra metal ring pictured that I don’t recognize and it’s not the screen ring either. I didn’t notice if there’s a slender metal ring just under the top plate which could be the ‘extra’ one pictured I don’t recognize. I’ve taken my TM apart completely twice but not recently. The teardown pics however are my bible and duly bookmarked. :peace:

Magenta

Do you mean oring? Strangely, the teardown picks on p 187 ( :love: ) omit the slender oring that sits atop the glass cylinder (mine has one). During my first taking apart the TM, I lost the thin oring (don’t ask, long story but I found it again a week later however it was beyond useful and it needed to be replaced, so I asked TM to throw in a couple with an accessory order I was making). The TM will work without it - I used mine without one for several weeks - but the oring really helps with the air flow.

There’s also an extra metal ring pictured that I don’t recognize and it’s not the screen ring either. I didn’t notice if there’s a slender metal ring just under the top plate which could be the ‘extra’ one pictured I don’t recognize. I’ve taken my TM apart completely twice but not recently. The teardown pics however are my bible and duly bookmarked. :peace:
No it's not the o ring. Mine that goes on top of the glass tube and under the top plate is blue. I think there are a few different colours now.
It's the metal ring that's not the screen holder, but holds the screen (If you see what I mean!) sorry I'm not that clear!
Mine was rattling as the blue o ring was loose inside, so I took the top plate off and had a look at the glass liner. I thought it was broken but then realised they are actually separate pieces of glass! It wasn't until I saw the pictures I realised I didn't have the metal ring.

It would solve my problem with bad alignment of the glass and metal sleeve.
It still works but I have to readjust every now and then.

Sorry for the sketchy description! 😄

Magenta,

Shit Snacks

Sounds like a decent solution. Let us know how it holds up over time. If it does, maybe I’ll try it

Yeah I am pretty careful in general, so I'm not too worried about it, but something to be mindful of!

One other question I have as I get to know this thing a little better is whether herb/avb dropping into the chamber is just part of life with the TM. Every time I remove the stem I get a bunch stuck in there. I need to be better about remembering to insert and remove the stem with the unit upside down. Any other tips to prevent this from happening? I don’t give more than an extremely light tamp, since the consensus seems to be that the TM performs better without tamping?

Yeah definitely always do so with the TM upside down, I never remove a stem any other way... Learned that from all my previous glass stem-based vapes... Another thing is go slow when you get to that point of the stem where the basket screen is, turn very carefully to remove the stem for that... However what also will help is if you get these other o-rings, when the connection is looser it goes in and out much smoother, so much less issue in this regard as well!

I don't think you want to tamp really, but you may want to put your basket screen lower in the stem, to leave more empty space between, less chance of herb spilling that way... Though it would affect your vaping experience with temps used etc.

Oh and on top of inserting or removing stems only with TM upside down, I also always take my first hits in the TM upside down, that seats the herbs so they are pretty stable until poked to empty at the end (since I am not stirring) although this can depend a bit on your grind, a nice medium consistent grind is best all around!

No it's not the o ring. Mine that goes on top of the glass tube and under the top plate is blue. I think there are a few different colours now.
It's the metal ring that's not the screen holder, but holds the screen (If you see what I mean!) sorry I'm not that clear!
Mine was rattling as the blue o ring was loose inside, so I took the top plate off and had a look at the glass liner. I thought it was broken but then realised they are actually separate pieces of glass! It wasn't until I saw the pictures I realised I didn't have the metal ring.

Hmm if you are indeed missing a part, I suggest you reach out to TM right away, show them your photos, try to be clear and concise in your description, maybe they can just mail you the missing part?? Or confirm maybe you're not missing anything...

Vaporific

Not sketchy at all. My glass tube is one piece so not sure about separate ones. If you look at the first pic on page 187 there’s a ring below the (single) glass tube, and i don’t recognize that with my Tinymight; on the left in the picture you see the tube ring at top and the heater screen ring - with screen which makes it easy to identify there - and I’m still wondering what the other ring is for. Again, I never noticed one under the top plate but maybe it is there - or perhaps mine doesn’t have one.

Indeed the thin oring atop the glass tube may be different colors now (mine is clear but it could very well be blue or fuchsia for all that matters). Everything should line up and the thin oring precariously well-seated above the glass tube - that’s key.

TGIF to all. Tomorrow is my TM’s 1 year anniversary. Would buying flower(s) for it be boring? Nah! :) :peace:

Shit Snacks

Indeed the thin oring atop the glass tube may be different colors now (mine is clear but it could very well be blue or fuchsia for all that matters).

FWIW that o ring is actually clear on both of my units, they're a year and 3 months apart...

Edit to add:

PXL-20210312-224800156.jpg

Did someone ask me about the extra long stem? I forget who, apologies!

I am loving it after a few hits of Sour Dream so far... Nice form factor, upside down and right side up, good size and shape comfortable mouthpiece, decent cooling on 2.5-3.5 at least though not spectacular so I imagine upper levels will still be harsh like they can be with the regular cooling unit, or even through water too...

The clear o rings make it go in easy and come out fine without catching the custom narrow rimmed basket screen, they only include one, as it was said it comes with the stem (regular rimmed basket screens are wider and get stuck in the TM, although this one was getting stuck in this new one and the tight o ring as I was saying, if it's fine in my original TM so I will use it there too... because with the clear o-rings, a little bit of the metal could be scraping the metal of the tube in one spot where the o-ring is a little too narrow fitting, creating slight wear that I would prefer to avoid ideally, I mentioned that when I was describing the fit earlier with my RBT stems and that was just glass on metal, so it seems more noteworthy here)

Last edited:

Xaun

What's you favorite way to consume concentrates with the TM?

I like cutting up a pad and putting it in a dosing capsule.

Xaun,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Anyway the way it is now, I can't adjust the stem ring, it's hardly screwed in at all lol That's what I mean, it just feels like the o-ring is too thick somehow... I suppose I can try the other metal tube in this TM, they really did look to be the same size though... Also that's not much of a solution!

@Shit Snacks mine has the same issue as yours. Can’t screw the tube holder ring in more than a quarter turn or so.

That's pretty much normal; the adjustment is a bit finicky as it allows only a few millimeters of screwing in, but it makes a difference. Once it's set, it stays as it is.

Shit Snacks

That's pretty much normal; the adjustment is a bit finicky as it allows only a few millimeters of screwing in, but it makes a difference. Once it's set, it stays as it is.

That's not the case with ours, it does not turn far enough in, once set it will unscrew it if you turn a stem the wrong way as was said... Trust me, I have two, the new one does not screw down properly, it could be the tube is taller as was suggested...

Djsleepy

FWIW that o ring is actually clear on both of my units, they're a year and 3 months apart...

Edit to add:

PXL-20210312-224800156.jpg

Did someone ask me about the extra long stem? I forget who, apologies!

I am loving it after a few hits of Sour Dream so far... Nice form factor, upside down and right side up, good size and shape comfortable mouthpiece, decent cooling on 2.5-3.5 at least though not spectacular so I imagine upper levels will still be harsh like they can be with the regular cooling unit, or even through water too...

The clear o rings make it go in easy and come out fine without catching the custom narrow rimmed basket screen, they only include one, as it was said it comes with the stem (regular rimmed basket screens are wider and get stuck in the TM, although this one was getting stuck in this new one and the tight o ring as I was saying, if it's fine in my original TM so I will use it there too... because with the clear o-rings, a little bit of the metal could be scraping the metal of the tube in one spot where the o-ring is a little too narrow fitting, creating slight wear that I would prefer to avoid ideally, I mentioned that when I was describing the fit earlier with my RBT stems and that was just glass on metal, so it seems more noteworthy here)
Man love the extra long stem; just ran some Chiesel thru it on level 5.5 with lovely flavors and effects! Jhooks later on today!

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Trust me, I have two, the new one does not screw down properly, it could be the tube is taller as was suggested...
On January 30, 2020 I discussed this issue of the height of the aluminum tube by email with Ville. I have no idea why this has not been corrected so far, but here is his answer at the time. (I had already placed it here but I don't even know where it is now on all these pages

Of course, reducing the tube has to be done carefully because as he says, it cannot be too short either.

quoted from Tinymight:

"If you have the parts a little loose, this can affect the
performance as the aluminum tube pressing down towards the heater
protector screen holder makes the closed airpath complete and in
theory some fresh cool air could now leak to your vapor.

But that was a smart idea of shortening the tube. I have to admit, I
only about a week ago got this idea of a shorter tube as a way to
lower the ring in some units were it is a bit too high :D"

SquirrelMaster

That's not the case with ours, it does not turn far enough in, once set it will unscrew it if you turn a stem the wrong way as was said... Trust me, I have two, the new one does not screw down properly, it could be the tube is taller as was suggested...
Or is the body itself shorter on the new unit which is making the tube seem longer. I remember a few different heights when I posted mine months ago.

BKR2311

Hi. I've had my Tiny Might for a while now and it just didn't work since I got it. I tried many things and got it usable. One problem was the battery cap wasn't screwing down flush, so I sanded and oiled the threads. I cleaned the battery connection, took it all apart to make sure it was lined up good and tight, and a few other things that I honestly forget now since it's been months.

It works decent. Like, I start on 7, then go to 8, 9, and finish on 10. At 10 the top will be a dark dark brown, and the rest will be a regular brown. Physically impossible to combust. I tried to adjust the temperature with that calibration method probably 50+ times, and it didn't work. I kinda want to see how this thing actually does, so figured I'd ask here if anyone has any tricks to get this working.

My phone won't let me upload pics for whatever reason so I'll try to explain everything I've noticed. I have the longer stem. I've seen people talk about an O-Ring under the heater screen (?) or something, and the only O ring I have is the red one under the cap where the stem goes on. That O ring also seems like it might be out of shape because my stem doesn't really go in very "smooth", lots of friction. I try to only tighten the cap to just barely get some resistance, and that doesn't flatten the O ring out and seems to fit the stem better. The stem also doesn't sit completely sturdy.

The only other thing I've noticed besides just not being a great seal is that when I shake the TM, it rattles a little. Everything is tight so I couldn't figure out what it is. When taking it apart one time I noticed it's the glass insert above the heater screen. Just kinda shakes around.

Would anyone be able to give me pictures step by step of the heater chamber parts? I feel like I'm missing something. At this point I don't think it's a heater issue, but I could be wrong. Thanks for any replies and help.

Edit: I'll explain the current order of disassembling of the part where you put the stem in. First I unscrew the cap, then take the Red O ring out, then the silver insert tube, then the heater screen. Nothing else is in there now except the glass insert tube.

(Before anyone says to contact the seller, I tried and I'm not interested in dealing with him again)

Last edited:

justcametomind

2 options:
1.Open a RMA on your account page on TM internet site and obtain return ticket to send it in.
2.Use the search function in the TM thread for “bad contacts” or something like that. Or google it. Googling for “TM losing power” also shows interesting stuff.
Next time don’t post a new thread. This is a pretty common issue and has been debated countless times in the specific vape thread.

justcametomind,
Reactions: Summer

Djsleepy

Got my Sherlock style Jhooks , wow I'm surprised how cool the vapor.is and smooth , reminds.of.the Bowle....all of.the sudden you feel your.lungs hit capacity and you are like I didn't think I drew that much! Now I'm waiting on right angle Jhooks and will report back with review. If.you have the tinymight 18 mm WPA you should.look into them ,.adds.another layer to the vape!

Top Bottom