TinyMight / TM 2

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Correcto. Mine were indeed more expensive than the two @Shit Snacks ordered as our resident Guinea pig.

@Jill NYC got any j-hooks to use with your Tinymight? The flavor improves when you get the stainless steel cooling unit out of the vapor path.
View attachment 2219
I really was hoping that I didn't need any additional accessories for this thing but that right angle dimpled guy seems to be calling out to me. Not sure whether shorter or longer is the one. Since I would only likely use it at home the longer one may be it. But I am in no hurry for it so we'll see how I feel after getting some use out of the TM...

sanchezman

Commander in Kief
Longer-term TM owners:
How have you been caring for the wood body of your unit (if at all)?

I didn't treat mine with anything, and I'm happy with how the oils from my hands have darkened the wood just a little. I'd be interested in hearing how other people's treatments have held up (or not) over time.

I find myself rolling the body in my hand absentmindedly. It's mostly just a kinetic fixation, but I like the thought that if I do it enough, I might get a polished finish within a few years of use.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Correcto. Mine were indeed more expensive than the two @Shit Snacks ordered as our resident Guinea pig.

@Jill NYC got any j-hooks to use with your Tinymight? The flavor improves when you get the stainless steel cooling unit out of the vapor path.
View attachment 2219
I really was hoping that I didn't need any additional accessories for this thing but that right angle dimpled guy seems to be calling out to me. Not sure whether shorter or longer is the one. Since I would only likely use it at home the longer one may be it. But I am in no hurry for it so we'll see how I feel after getting some use out of the TM...

Yup thats how I feel...the right angle dimpled is looking really interesting...and tempting... but I'm going to hold off. I think. Been getting a little carried away with recent purchases, almost like I forget I have a mortgage :rofl: I'm going to "plan" on waiting a bit before getting in touch with OGB

may I have your attention ! all those who do not respond to the TM manufacturer, I advise them to write to their instagram account.
he answers me

Before everybody blows up his IG inbox and that turns into the same situation as the email inbox... maybe you can be our liaison and tell him the folks are getting riled up on the internet because they cant get email responses

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I've been referring to the two OGB j-hook designs as the corn cob and the sherlock.

I got them both 7" long to keep the vape at a suitable distance from my face and the notion of the Sherlock was to compensate for my Splinter Zs since they're more than twice the size of the Tinymight.

Like I said once before the Sherlock is getting a bit more use. The Tinymight is happy on either one but I love my Zs too much and the ergos aren't as good on the corn cob.

Tweakz

Before everybody blows up his IG inbox and that turns into the same situation as the email inbox... maybe you can be our liaison and tell him the folks are getting riled up on the internet because they cant get email responses
I sent him a message to clarify the situation or give me some information to tell you all. I'm waiting for his answer

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I do have a sherlock pipe that I am going to try out. I had to order an adapter for it, should have by tomorrow.
But like @cybrguy and @BrianTL the dimpled angled one you picture is probably in my future.

@Siebter - the flavor isn’t terrible or anything, just not a top-tier flavor maker (in my opinion- cause like you said flavor is very subjective)

For battery, I guess I am comparing it to my other 18650 vapes like the Nomad. The battery doesn’t last nearly as long in TM, but I am probably comparing apples to oranges. And it certainly hits harder!

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Longer-term TM owners:
Natural beeswax every couple of months. I apply very light coat/amount. If I were brave enough I’d take the whole thing apart and sand it down, stain and finish it with a (non toxic) sealant as I’m good with wood working and finishing, but I’m not taking mine apart. I have that light creep effect at the bottom whic I’ve gotten used to but I won’t sand it when it’s assembled for fear of getting wood dust inside the unit through bottom base gap. Perhaps some temporary silicone caulk could be used along the gap but then the finishing process would not be as optimal and look meh. I’ll leave things alone for now and apply the beeswax occasionally.

@Jill NYC - I was waiting for your review following the Snoopy happy dance. Try to note your battery performance as mine Is very good mirrors several Including @Siebter. I use on demand mode most of the time too; sesh mode tend to drain the battery faster. The weight of the vape does indeed feel good in hand. And yes, it does pack a punch - every single time :). Flavor is very good too but, as with most vapes I’ve used, it goes south after the second draw with a fresh load. Indeed subjective but it’s pretty consistent with me anyway. Cheers.
:peace:

Tweakz

! ! for everyone who has been waiting for a long time or couldn't wait for any information, I have received an official response :

B33-B3-F65-10-CC-45-F8-94-A5-21417125-B34-F.png

I hope this will somehow comfort and calm down the desperate people here :peace:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Longer-term TM owners:

I didn't treat mine with anything, and I'm happy with how the oils from my hands have darkened the wood just a little. I'd be interested in hearing how other people's treatments have held up (or not) over time.

I find myself rolling the body in my hand absentmindedly. It's mostly just a kinetic fixation, but I like the thought that if I do it enough, I might get a polished finish within a few years of use.

Ha, I have the same idea when I keep rolling my TM in my hands during a session – and it does feel *much* less rough now after 10 months.

I bought a big can of beeswax right after I got my TM, I thought I'd had to treat it at least every other month with it. But after the third treatment my device never really got back to its original bone dry state and I don't see the need to beeswax it for a while. Sure feels nice.

Djsleepy

Dang, this thread is FLYING!
Okay, here are my first impressions (good and bad) in case anyone is interested:
- I may still be on honeymoon, but it really does pack a punch - even on honeymoon, most of my vapes never hit me this hard. Good stuff.

- The flavor is above average on lower temps (3-5), but like most vapes, quickly goes to meh and eventually yuk. The flavor is not terrible overall, but there is a reason no one discusses it much.

- I noticed a slight off taste for first two hits, since then it has very neutral. Luckily, I have noticed no smell from wood (I was nervous about this b/c I am sensitive to smells)

-Speaking of wood, I was expecting the wood to be more “bumpy”, not sure why. But it’s pretty smooth. I have seen better looking wood, but it is nice enough.

- It fits beautifully in the hand - in the thumb valley (what is that called? There are probably good names for it outside of English language, but can‘t think of what it is in English)
The fire button is perfectly placed - loving the form factor. I like the weight of it too - feels very balanced in my hand.

- Gotta say the numbers on the dial are so tiny! I am getting used to just knowing, but for anyone over the age of 40, it is a bit of a squint.

- The batteries don’t last as long as I thought they would - not terrible but, I am surprised at how quickly they run out. I have mostly used on demand, and I think the battery is drained with the flashing light. I need to remember to turn it off. And I also need to do some testing to see how many hits I can get on average - will follow up on that at some point.
(Using brand new Murata VTC6)

- Speaking of battery life - if you notice it isn‘t responding to you pressing button sequence to turn it on, chances are the battery needs to be changed.

- I like the long stem with cooling unit the best so far, but I really, really wish it had a tapered end for mouthpiece.

- The Grav Upline stem is a good compromise, love the tapered mouthpiece, but doesn’t cool quite as much (but close). Plus, I hate that I can’t stand it up on table when reloading. But, it is definitely a good alternative.

- That’s all for now. Many, many, many thanks to the unofficial ambassadors of this thread - your help/advice/testing/patience has been invaluable. I would thank you individually but I know I will leave someone out - so instead a blanket THANK YOU!

- I have zero vapes on my wish list right now. For the moment, my VAS is quelled. (Keyword: moment)
Thanks @Jill NYC for info! I imagine that punch has something to do with Battery drain ....but I got multiple batteries And I want the PUNCH!!!!

Vaporific

Uh oh. My Tinymight no longer vibrates. It started at the end of load in on demand mode and the end of of a battery. Popped in a fresh batt and it didn’t vibrate like it usually does. I turned it on in on demand mode and it didn’t vibrate and light is flashing (as usual). However pressing and holding the button to heat up never reaches temp - i set it to 5 to retest. Session mode seems to heat up but again no vibration with a steady light.

I’m certain I didn’t do this or reverse and I changed thr
“Silent mode: If you want to disable the vibration turn on the ”SESSION” mode. Turn temperature to max, press button, then minimum and press button. It is now disabled. When the battery is removed, the setting will reset back to normal.”

Could this be a battery connection issue with the positive terminal at the bottom of the battery chamber? It feels a bit less springy. Thoughts? :peace:

Vaporific,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
A basic non-rimmed basket screen...aka a domed screen....will not work stock in the RBT stems. You need to reshape them a bit. They need to have a 90 bend at the bottom to create a large sidewall to make contact on the glass. Use the end of a 14 male joint to form the bottom...then use something to make a dent inward on the bottom to add strength to the 90 bend area which gives the sides of the screen more strength to hold in place better. After you build up some gunk on the inside...the screen will hold better. Just be careful stirring.

TMstems-RBT2.jpg

TMscreen-Top.jpg

TMscreen-Bottom.jpg

You have just been spoon fed! lol GL

That was some very helpful SPOON FEEDING!
Just did your little screen mod, smart!

I’ve messed with the various “basket” options, and I like using them in my Mighty, but for the TM, besides all the fitting issues etc., for me it adds unnecessary steps and work, and in my limited tests, did not result in better vapor, just higher temps needed with additional battery drain. While I was never a fan of the STEM LOAD devices, open loads facing the heaters, I’ve became a convert. Usually the straw suck up through stem technique, right from the BCG grinders reserve, keeps the material nice and loose for the convection heat, I just lightly press the load, shake it lightly making sure nothing is falling out, load and vape. Keeping it simple, works for me. I already posted my quick CU cleaning procedure.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: LabPong

eliaz

Not at all. What you experience now is not what many of us experienced until not too long ago, and you might want to stay away from assumptions based on your personal experience only. You might want to go back a few months in this thread so you can understand what the general cs approach of this company is.
several people on this board are not getting replies either not just me. Maybe months ago they were but now they are not.

Also some people are saying they just received their unit that means he's taking orders and building new units that tells me he is doing well and working.

The more units he ships out the more people will need customer support so he is digging himself a hole. Seems like he only cares about making money but gives no fucks about his brand and reputation.

eliaz,
Reactions: slayyou

bgrpph

i've the TM for 2 months & i'm impressed with the unit & really like using it. I fired up my last working Ghost MV1 few days ago & used it instead of TM for few days. I have to say the taste is a bit better on the Ghost on 1 or 2 lights than TM on 3.-4.5 but that is the only thing that i find superior. I used the Ghost for few yrs almost exclusively until i got the TM in July. Ghost is still a nice vape but i don't miss using it at all & prefer the TM as it always performs- hasn't disappointed me once regardless if i start it at 7.5-8 & do a few hits or if i start lower at 4 & work my way up- What a great product- in fact i just ordered a spare-

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
The more units he ships out the more people will need customer support so he is digging himself a hole. Seems like he only cares about making money but gives no fucks about his brand and reputation.

Again: I suggest staying away from assumptions and speculations about what someone gives a fuck about. This is not helpful at all. What we see is that the company is fulfilling orders these days, which is one part of their business duties as well. I'm sure you feel very happy for those customers who have been waiting for their units quite a bit longer than others too. Right? :-)

eliaz

Again: I suggest staying away from assumptions and speculations about what someone gives a fuck about. This is not helpful at all. What we see is that the company is fulfilling orders these days, which is one part of their business duties as well. I'm sure you feel very happy for those customers who have been waiting for their units quite a bit longer than others too. Right? :-)

Of course it's helpful. If I had know before that if any problems were to happen to the unit I would be stuck with a paperweight for months waiting on a reply I would just wait for a tetra p80 to drop.

I want everyone here to know what I now know. His customer service and communication is pretty much non existent right now.

Actions speak louder than words, he's taking money and shipping units out. But not answering customers who's units have failed

That absolutely says he does not care about customer service. If he were sick or injured and couldn't complete orders or answer emails for while that would be different.

But hes selling and shipping and choosing not to go answer emails, that shows where his priorities are.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I do have a sherlock pipe that I am going to try out. I had to order an adapter for it, should have by tomorrow.
But like @cybrguy and @BrianTL the dimpled angled one you picture is probably in my future.

@Siebter - the flavor isn’t terrible or anything, just not a top-tier flavor maker (in my opinion- cause like you said flavor is very subjective)

For battery, I guess I am comparing it to my other 18650 vapes like the Nomad. The battery doesn’t last nearly as long in TM, but I am probably comparing apples to oranges. And it certainly hits harder!
I use my RBT vapes mostly through water and I expect the same for the TM. That being said the TM will be more portable so will lend itself better to other situations. My J-Hook is a 14mm so that might be awkward. I have a few pieces around here that may be doable but that dimpled glass from OGB calls. I have used him for other custom adapters and he always did good work.

All my other 18650 vapes are 2 cells at least other than Milaana. I like the longer battery life of 2 but it's a simple swap so the lighter weight may be attractive. We'll see.

Currently I am using Keya's Board Butter on my wood vapes and I see no reason to change. I haves used plain beezwax in the past.

Vaporific

All - hello again. I posted this last night and reposting. My unit no longer vibrates. Not sure if it was a series of unintended button presses or there’s something wrong now with my unit. I’m working all day today (and on a 24 T break because of it too) but any and all suggestions from this group is welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Uh oh. My Tinymight no longer vibrates. It started at the end of load in on demand mode and the end of of a battery. Popped in a fresh batt and it didn’t vibrate like it usually does. I turned it on in on demand mode and it didn’t vibrate and light is flashing (as usual). However pressing and holding the button to heat up never reaches temp - i set it to 5 to retest. Session mode seems to heat up but again no vibration with a steady light.

I’m certain I didn’t do this or reverse and I changed the batt too:
“Silent mode: If you want to disable the vibration turn on the ”SESSION” mode. Turn temperature to max, press button, then minimum and press button. It is now disabled. When the battery is removed, the setting will reset back to normal.”

Could this be a battery connection issue with the positive terminal at the bottom of the battery chamber? It feels a bit less springy. Thoughts? :peace:

Top Bottom