TinyMight / TM 2

Skinku

Now THIS is a cooling stem.
I separated the cooling unit, removed the screw, nuts, and washers and filled with 4mm borosilicate balls.
I use glass BBs in the Fury Edge and was going to rig something up with the domed screens but this is very sexy.
My question though is about safety, I know terp pearls are borosilicate so they can handle the heat but I am using catapult glass BBs So I guess I run the risk of heat cracking them.
Is this a biggy?
Could I inhale glass particles?
Strange fumes as it’s not quartz/boro?
My wallet can’t stretch to no fancy balls.
This is not concise, many apologies.

Skinku,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
@SquirrelMaster thanks for the tip man, I'm in the UK and have had pretty much the same experience as you. Way over priced and hard to buy any quantities let alone small. An elev8r is in my future so I'm sure to start looking for them again soon.

@Skinku I'm not entirely sure what the risks are but all the ammo glass balls I've seen are soda lime glass. It is not as thermally stable but I believe they soften up rather than start to crack. I would guess they are fine as cooling beads but not as part of a heater assembly

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Ever since I was young, I've always liked to take things apart to see how they worked.
And the Tinymight turned out to be too much for my curiosity!

YN6OdpS.jpg
After taking the long bolt out, the metal top comes off first.
The upper heater glass falls out, along with a metal coupler that connects it to the lower glass tube inside, and also holds the mesh screen ring.
9YdyIF6.jpg
mt6W8X7.jpg
I love how the air intake path surrounds the stem and heater glass all the way to the bottom; when you inhale, the glass gets jacketed with cool air.
This preheats the air and keeps the glass cool and the wood safe at the same time!
XYeKnFf.jpg
Next, the bottom metal piece comes off to reveal the PCB.
It looks like the Tinymight is powered by a 16 MHz TI microcontroller, not too bad for a vaporizer!

jHTLXRE.jpg
"Don't Screw with the Screw" is a great little easter egg!

I decided to heed the PCB's sage warning, and did not attempt to remove the screw holding the heater and lower glass...
So it doesn't look like the PCB will be removable from the wood, at least not by me, and that means staining the wood body would be difficult.

7zb99nK.jpg

The design and ease of assembly is impressive, no solder is needed to connect the vibrator.
The two metal fingers on the motor line up perfectly with the pads on the PCB!

Overall, the Tinymight was a joy to disassemble, and I feel very good about the safety and effectiveness of the design.
Luckily, it was pretty easy to reassemble too and still works perfectly!
If not already, this needs to be in the TM post Hall of Fame. Thank you @JoeKickass again for these teardown pics as I soon embark on troubleshooting my TM soon now that the weekend has finally arrive for me. I searched the entire thread for this info and pics. Kinda cool the vibration motor just sits on top of the two rectangular contacts above the easter egg on the board. This is the problem area for me I think. First however I'll try pulling up the positive batt terminal and some thread cleaning. Fingers crossed. :peace:

Vaporific

Holy shit. Turns out I do have a Torx driver. My initial attempts at cleaning the threads and trying to lift the positive battery terminal didn't work. The terminal flap is proving difficult to lift or move a bit and I'm scared to muscle it too much for fear of breaking it. Still no vibration and I'm naturally now curious about the haptic motor. My impatience took over and I'm now staring at the insides of my Tinymight after loosening the Torx screw (my first time) and disassembling it. Nothing looks wrong like bent contacts so I put it back together and still no vibration. I will be sending in a repair request short of taking another stab at trying to fix it.

I'm so friggin bummed :( It's usable in session mode but not in on demand mode since you never know when it reaches temp holding the button nor do I think it reaches temp (it didn't the other night - but sesh mode worked). And I don't have a way to gauge battery level either. With a fresh battery, sure it's easy, but on demand mode is my MODE too. TM RMA #1 commences soon. Ugh. :peace:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Holy shit. Turns out I do have a Torx driver. My initial attempts at cleaning the threads and trying to lift the positive battery terminal didn't work. The terminal flap is proving difficult to lift or move a bit and I'm scared to muscle it too much for fear of breaking it. Still no vibration and I'm naturally now curious about the haptic motor. My impatience took over and I'm now staring at the insides of my Tinymight after loosening the Torx screw (my first time) and disassembling it. Nothing looks wrong like bent contacts so I put it back together and still no vibration. I will be sending in a repair request short of taking another stab at trying to fix it.

I'm so friggin bummed :( It's usable in session mode but not in on demand mode since you never know when it reaches temp holding the button nor do I think it reaches temp (it didn't the other night - but sesh mode worked). And I don't have a way to gauge battery level either. With a fresh battery, sure it's easy, but on demand mode is my MODE too. TM RMA #1 commences soon. Ugh. :peace:

Ugh sorry to hear that dude, I guess you have the choice, RMA or buy a second one and relegate this one to session mode use?

Shit Snacks,

justcametomind

Does the TM have upgradable firmware? If so, this thing should be addressed, so that haptic feedback wouldn’t be the only feedback.

justcametomind,

SquirrelMaster

I use glass BBs in the Fury Edge and was going to rig something up with the domed screens but this is very sexy.
My question though is about safety, I know terp pearls are borosilicate so they can handle the heat but I am using catapult glass BBs So I guess I run the risk of heat cracking them.
Is this a biggy?
Could I inhale glass particles?
Strange fumes as it’s not quartz/boro?
My wallet can’t stretch to no fancy balls.
This is not concise, many apologies.

I doubt you'll have any issues using them for cooling but the composition of soda lime balls can vary and I don't have an infrared thermometer to check what the temp would be by the time it reaches the balls so I can't say for sure. Like you say, I would be more worried about thermal stress cracking the balls if you were starting at level 10 for example which could be worsened if your balls/stem were stored somewhere cold. I'm overly paranoid about stuff like that so I would monitor your balls :rofl: at the very least.
I think we can go cooler.

I tried a 9 for the first time ever and got a dark ass ring but no cough. If you pop the flat screen out, you a put the curved part of the basket screen up into the CU a little to add more room.
I love it! I've never removed the screens from my cooling unit, they're in so tight I've just left but that's a good idea.

I thought of buying some tubing and filling a 12" long piece with balls lol.

I am getting monster hours with this stem. The reduced air restriction (which wasn't high to begin with) is probably the reason as I inhale faster easier and the Tinymight doesn't skip a beat.

MikeRotchHertz

am getting monster hours with this stem. The reduced air restriction (which wasn't high to begin with) is probably the reason as I inhale faster easier and the Tinymight doesn't skip a beat.
To be honest, I think it adds too much draw resistance after a few tries. I can do it with deep long breaths, and the tiny might can keep up, but I wouldn't want to do this routinely.

I believe my favorite level of cooling to resistance is the standard short with one CU.

Vaporific

Ugh sorry to hear that dude, I guess you have the choice, RMA or buy a second one and relegate this one to session mode use?
I hadn't really contemplated getting a second one though I do own few vapes and have a couple that will serve purpose. Of course none rival the Tinymight IMO. And if I must confess I had been eyeing another vape recently, a newer version of one I have, and was close to pulling the trigger on it too figuring it would yet be again a perfect mate with the TM. Plus it would be in my hands a lot sooner than a new TM (or perhaps my repaired one however likely that may be given the recent communication delays). From a power perspective it rivals the TM but against the first version, TM wins hands down - EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Sending it in for RMA can't hurt whatever I decide and I'll do that soon. Decisions, decisions... :peace:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Tinymight vape stem using a capsule

I bought the JACKPODS, based on this video. I have two TM short stock glass stems and one long one as well as the Grav Upline Taster. At least on ALL of my stems, these pods only go into the stems until the cap flair out, NOT all the way as the video shows. They go in even less as far on the Grav stem. Not a big deal for me, as I’m going in the less complicated direction for stem loading.

Just wanted to point out that, I assume every stem can have a slightly different ID, so your pod fittings can be a crap shoot.

SquirrelMaster

To be honest, I think it adds too much draw resistance after a few tries. I can do it with deep long breaths, and the tiny might can keep up, but I wouldn't want to do this routinely.

I believe my favorite level of cooling to resistance is the standard short with one CU.

Do you mean your pictured stem has too much resistance? Try splitting the single cooling unit apart and removing the nuts and washers like I did and the draw resistance is very minimal, at the expense of cooling I would guess. Seems like a good reason to test more :rockon:.

Vaporific

in on demand mode, hold the mouthpiece to your ear and you can hear when it is up to temp if your haptic feed back isnt working.
Thanks. I will try that soon. I never really noticed the hum (or noise as some would say) when holding mine even before the cessation of the haptic motor. That has been discussed a few times herein too. My hearing ain't that great but my unit is fairly quiet, even quieter now without the buzz. Take that literally and figuratively :brow::peace:

trevytrev

Happy little clouds
I bought the JACKPODS, based on this video. I have two TM short stock glass stems and one long one as well as the Grav Upline Taster. At least on ALL of my stems, these pods only go into the stems until the cap flair out, NOT all the way as the video shows. They go in even less as far on the Grav stem. Not a big deal for me, as I’m going in the less complicated direction for stem loading.

Just wanted to point out that, I assume every stem can have a slightly different ID, so your pod fittings can be a crap shoot.
Same here, bought them and none fit in any of my stems. Hoping the new ones Tinymight sell do!

Kins

So brand new vapes and a lot of guys finally get them and they stop working correctly almost right away? On top of it taking an absurd amount of time to get an order?. I mean damn, why even bother?

angular ocelot

Thanks. I will try that soon. I never really noticed the hum (or noise as some would say) when holding mine even before the cessation of the haptic motor. That has been discussed a few times herein too. My hearing ain't that great but my unit is fairly quiet, even quieter now without the buzz. Take that literally and figuratively :brow::peace:
i had mine on a dry bong, with a whip from the mouthpiece. i held the whip to my ear and it worked like a stethoscope!

Djsleepy

🙋🏻‍♂️ Did anyone have an issue where bank says it’s approved on banks end and merchant just needs to process on his end? Mine does not show up on CC bal. Yet, just want to make sure I don’t need to reorder???
TIA

Djsleepy,

Tweakz

@Vaporific

what kind of VAPE are you talking about ? in my opinion, from the portable, only the p80 can compete with the tm. I also have a few other heavy hitters, but to this day TM is my favorite and daily device, and I myself am in thoughts: take a second tm for backup or p80..

Vaporific

i had mine on a dry bong, with a whip from the mouthpiece. i held the whip to my ear and it worked like a stethoscope!
Dr. Vapealot will see you now :). Good idea! I have both a glass rig and some food grade tubing laying around somewhere, which is ironically for an old bong I refurbished back in the (cough) combustion days. This will be a fun weekend project in the name of science - of course. I just don't want to combust doing so - blech!

I already sent a rather lengthy RMA inquiry to the The Maker. Let's see how this goes.

Oh, and I already ordered the other vape. I easily could have ordered another TM as well but I have some semblance of restraint. It's been that kind of day. Time to chill and grill. :peace:

EDIT: I just got the auto reply from TM about being unable to reply at the moment and be patient. Which I will...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So brand new vapes and a lot of guys finally get them and they stop working correctly almost right away? On top of it taking an absurd amount of time to get an order?. I mean damn, why even bother?

No? The people reporting problems lately are not people who just got it... And if you actually were to compile the results from this thread I think it would be very few who have had issues at all... The amount of time to get an order has always been estimated to take a while, so if you feel that is absurd then I suppose you don't bother...?

MonkeyTime

No? The people reporting problems lately are not people who just got it... And if you actually were to compile the results from this thread I think it would be very few who have had issues at all... The amount of time to get an order has always been estimated to take a while, so if you feel that is absurd then you don't bother, simple as that...
While I appreciate and agree with your response, I was kinda hoping no one would bite on the trolling lol.

Top Bottom