TinyMight / TM 2

Kavix0

It's down for me too right now. The other day I was trying to load it and it was loading realllllllllllllllllly slow, so I think it may be some issue with wherever it is hosted or something!
Edit: Oh, let it sit for a while and it loaded eventually. Just running really slow!

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I'm starting to have second thoughts about grabbing a tinymight at least right now. Seems like they are having issues the last little while, some faulty or buggy units, not replying to emails in a timely manner despite having hired on additional staff. I'm not trying to throw shade on the tinymight or the maker and I'm not saying I don't still want one but I'm just wondering if now is the time for a few reasons. First despite initial positive inclinations of making a deal to supply Vape North and Sneaky Pete store with tinymights he has not sent a email in weeks about one way or another if the deal is still on, which I find a little uncool. So I'm waiting till the end of the month before I completely give up on Vape North, so that leaves me with ordering directly not something I want to do in this current climate we find ourselves in, even the Canadian post is getting buggy I've had a few packages go missing for weeks and I've never had a issue with them in my entire life. So uninsured first class mail isn't ideal especially now and my only other option is dhl also not ideal we have a beware of dog sign, not that our dogs would bite anyone it's mostly to keep away the riff raff but delivery drivers tend not to get out of the truck, honk once and turn and burn before anyone goes out of the house, leaving me to have to go to wherever the distribution is in the city a major inconvenience. Then there's the thought of needing warranty, with my luck I'm certain I'll get a bad one, not that there are any systemic problems from what I've read it's only a handful of units this isn't the grasshopper thread but I'm paranoid of needing warranty and going straight back to the mail issue! It just doesn't seem like the best time or am I being crazy? Maybe it's best to wait till things improve? Am I just letting VAS get the best of me?
Truth be told I'm actually very happy with my current lineup of vapes and I'm not still looking for something that satisfies my needs, the tinymight is only to give me some options for where and when I can vape and to augment my other vapes. I'm really only looking to use it a few times a week just a handful. So I'm debating just giving my brother my tinymight fund and starting to save again from scratch, he's got more important bills than me. A few months and I'll have saved up again so not long in the grand scheme of things. I'm probably going to wait till the end of the month before I make any decisions

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Bad Dog - I think the major problem these days is indeed the communication, seems like we see this company developing from a one man show to a real player. I'm not trying to excuse, just explain. But I don't see more or less faulty units relative to the total amount of units being sold; it's just now that more TMs are out in the wild, we do see more TMs with bugs. And I'm sure most of them will be reported here - which might make it look like the quality has dropped in general.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Sometimes it just takes time when something is popular. Long-Time FCers may remember the long wait for a log vape called "Purple Days". At the time, the husband and wife team from a small Oregon coastal town could only pump out so many units. Folks got pissed: pandemonium ensued. 6 month wait-lists of cranky consumers plagued the poor couple.

I expect this guy is doing the best he can: no business owner wants folks mad. He apparently has a product that most likely, everybody everywhere in the vapor world knows about and wants, not just impatient North Americans. I, too, ordered a unit on July 1 with PayPal, and reordered on advice I read here, July 20.

Luckily, I have over 20 devices (at least) to keep me happy. I can wait. I understand if others can't wait. There is no right or wrong way: just what is most comfortable to/for you. Time for a sesh.

Bad Dog

It's more personal paranoia than concerns over quality, many more happy costumers than issues, there have been a few more than usual lately but a few of them have had issues for months and have only just spoken up so I'm not really counting it as a serge. My major concern is shipping right now I just don't like it. Things have just seemed worse lately and I'm just wondering if it would be prudent to wait a little longer for things to improve. Things have to get better eventually right? Or are we just in a steady decline of civilization lol there's even been a report of someone ordering and having the order expire after a month. I'm just thinking it might be best to let tinymight work through their backlog before ordering. Resaving would only take a few months and patience is something I'm trying to cultivate in myself in my old age but I'm not saying that I won't be dying of anticipation.

sanchezman

Commander in Kief
there's even been a report of someone ordering and having the order expire after a month
That's nothing new for the TM. Does the website still say 4-6 weeks for potential delivery? The original order expiring makes sense if that's still the time it takes to make one. Hell, I ordered in February and had my order pending for 80+ days before mine arrived.

I can only speak anecdotally, but I'm very glad I did wait.

AMiA

It's more personal paranoia than concerns over quality, many more happy costumers than issues, there have been a few more than usual lately but a few of them have had issues for months and have only just spoken up so I'm not really counting it as a serge. My major concern is shipping right now I just don't like it. Things have just seemed worse lately and I'm just wondering if it would be prudent to wait a little longer for things to improve. Things have to get better eventually right? Or are we just in a steady decline of civilization lol there's even been a report of someone ordering and having the order expire after a month. I'm just thinking it might be best to let tinymight work through their backlog before ordering. Resaving would only take a few months and patience is something I'm trying to cultivate in myself in my old age but I'm not saying that I won't be dying of anticipation.

Bad Dog,just want to say that i truly enyoy reading your posts..keep it up Bad Dog..Have a great day sir..:-)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I want this vape but I am not in a crazy hurry for it so I am just gonna wait till the ordering process settles down a bit. The vendor authorized my charge when I placed my order but he didn't hit it, and too much time has elapsed and he will have to authorize it again to get his cash, so I will just watch for a while and see what happens.

Potatovape

His reply to me reassured me that “your order will not be cancelled and will be shipped soon” since I asked how long my order would be seen as pending. Hopefully that’s true

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Did the same person make the Apollo

Since this has been brought up a bunch in the past, I believe our super mod “Stu”, has confirmed it’s the same maker. I don’t know much about the past drama. All of these boutique, one man band products, I consider a roll of the dice, so don’t spend all your lunch money if concerned, is my advice to all.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@Bad Dog @cybrguy I want this vape too but the uncertainty gets my anxiety firing. This vape has been teetering with my VAS for a long while. 😵 Maybe it’s just this thread? Even while making this post the comments are just rolling in. Keeping up with the subtle changes and tweaks can be over overwhelming to me. So I sit in my den, with my desktops, waiting for the day when things seem a bit less uncertain. I’ve come to realize that portables, though crucial to my routines, make up a very small portion of my day to day. Nonetheless, it’s cool as all get up, and a novelty I’d like in my life.

SquirrelMaster

@Bad Dog
I think you're being paranoid 😁. I thought you ordered one by now in all seriousness. I personally wouldn't order with a slower postage as the mail is unpredictable right now. My unit shipped DHL to Canada in February on a Friday and I had it in hand on Tuesday in the west of the country. $37 CDN in taxes/fees, the majority in DHL fees.

If I lost every vape tomorrow the Tinymight would be first ordered along with an Elev8r, Auber RDK-300 and 15.6mm coil. I would begin my search for another Milaana too but I could stop there. 🤣 yeah right. It's my favorite portable in so many categories. So small with so much power.

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
Looking back at it I see my comment could have come across as a criticism or negative comment. Sorry, wasn't meant that way. I was just hoping to counter the persistent myth. Extended debate was unexpected :)
I too was surprised by the long rice debate. FWIW, I didn't read it as overly critical or negative. If I view the world through dirty glasses, everything will appear distorted.

@Bad Dog I had ordered my TM mid-January and mid-march I received a DHL shipping notification. DHL allowed me to switch delivery to a pick-up centre instead of home deliver - if you are worried about your dog, that may be an option.

The wait time for the TM was long, but at the time it was to be expected. DHL was quick though, and no issues.

I ordered an extra cooling unit, as well as extra long and short stems and o-rings - my duties were about $70, which I wasn't expecting. (this was in Canada as well).

Last edited:

Bad Dog

I ordered an extra cooling unit, as well as extra long and short stems and o-rings - my duties were about $70, which I wasn't expecting. (this was in Canada as well).
Thanks for adding that, I would have been caught off guard because I've only read a $30 dollar fee and I'm also planning on getting enough accessories to choke a small Shetland pony.

Thanks to all for replaying to my whiny post, you've given me more things to consider

@AMiA thank you kindly for being a bright spot to my day😁

clive_bob

I received an email reply from David at TM today, 8/15 saying to send it for repair. I will be shipping it 8/17. I will follow up with results so that those concerned will know how long of a turnaround to expect.
So after receiving the reply from David at TM I went to DHL website to get a quote for shipping since it was shipped to me with DHL. The quotes were all over $100 and stated, "does not include vat tax." I'm certainly not going to spend that to ship it and who knows how much to get it back. Looks like I'm screwed. Please let me know If I'm missing something.

clive_bob,
  • Wow
Reactions: Bad Dog

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
Thanks again to all of my friends that tried to give me assistance with getting my TM up and running. The maker finally answered my text, and gave me a simple way to raise the heat on my TM. I am currently back in business!!! :love::clap:

If you only had one choice for TM WPA from the accessories page, which one would you go with? The 18 or the multi adapter?

Estropelic,
Top Bottom