TinyMight / TM 2

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
So after receiving the reply from David at TM I went to DHL website to get a quote for shipping since it was shipped to me with DHL. The quotes were all over $100 and stated, "does not include vat tax." I'm certainly not going to spend that to ship it and who knows how much to get it back. Looks like I'm screwed. Please let me know If I'm missing something.

Yeah....found this post elsewhere....perhaps we should be asking retailers/makers outside the USA what the shipping costs will be before we decide to purchase one of their units?

"Jul 20, 2020
Does anyone have advice on returning a lamart device? Shipping from the US east coast, DHL fedex usps ups and others show estimates of $100-200. Is there any cheaper option??

edit: its pricy for sure but u can do way cheaper options for a longer wait

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
Like Quote Reply
Potatovape, Jul 20, 2020
Jul 20, 2020"

Fat Freddy,

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
So after receiving the reply from David at TM I went to DHL website to get a quote for shipping since it was shipped to me with DHL. The quotes were all over $100 and stated, "does not include vat tax." I'm certainly not going to spend that to ship it and who knows how much to get it back. Looks like I'm screwed. Please let me know If I'm missing something.
Where are you shipping from? Any other shipping options? DHL isn't the cheapest in my experience, unless you havea business acct., which likely TM guy does. Maybe he can process a return shipping label?

clive_bob

Where are you shipping from? Any other shipping options? DHL isn't the cheapest in my experience, unless you havea business acct., which likely TM guy does. Maybe he can process a return shipping label?
Shipping from Iowa. I have not checked other providers but I will. I will also contact TM for a resolution but am not optimistic.

clive_bob,

angular ocelot

hi folks! been vaping a few years now, signed up to say what a great device the tinymight is. ive gone from mflb to haze v3 to mighty, extreme q and vapcaps. the tinymight has pretty much replaced them all. my extreme q still gets some use, the vapcaps kept for emergency but the mighty is on its way to my brother (to join the haze i gave him when i got my mighty).
a couple of times it's been a bit weird, haptic feedback not working, but righted itself after removing and replacing batteries, giving it a shake, whatever else i did in a blind panic. since then i have been turning it on in the upright position before inverting it on my bong and it hasnt happened since (touch wood).
my only regret is that i didnt get a long stem for in the house as the short one gets a bit hot.

edit to add i got it in the last vapefiend batch so a month or two of solid use.

clive_bob

I tried removing the battery with no luck. I'll bang it around a little bit to see if that helps. I'm finding the shipping cost to return for service $100+ one way.
I received my TM 7/23/20. I realized the haptic buzz was not working correctly. It would buzz when turned on, buzz the first time the button was pushed but often not buzz after that. I sent an email to TM on 7/26. I sent another email 8/2 when the haptic buzz totally stopped working. I have still not heard from the company. I understand there is no warranty but my unit was defective upon arrival. I will follow up with another post if I hear anything. I am concerned that the company is pumping out vapes with no ability to provide support to their customers.
understand
I received an email reply from David at TM today, 8/15 saying to send it for repair. I will be shipping it 8/17. I will follow up with results so that those concerned will know how long of a turnaround to expect.
hi folks! been vaping a few years now, signed up to say what a great device the tinymight is. ive gone from mflb to haze v3 to mighty, extreme q and vapcaps. the tinymight has pretty much replaced them all. my extreme q still gets some use, the vapcaps kept for emergency but the mighty is on its way to my brother (to join the haze i gave him when i got my mighty).
a couple of times it's been a bit weird, haptic feedback not working, but righted itself after removing and replacing batteries, giving it a shake, whatever else i did in a blind panic. since then i have been turning it on in the upright position before inverting it on my bong and it hasnt happened since (touch wood).
my only regret is that i didnt get a long stem for in the house as the short one gets a bit hot.

edit to add i got it in the last vapefiend batch so a month or two of solid use.

clive_bob,

angular ocelot

it is awesome. i use mine on ten through water and sometimes the clouds are so thick i think ive combusted but i havent. apart from the couple of times i did combust. these were my own fault though as i tend to push things to the limit to see what happens and what happened was i combusted. got everything dialled in now though and it is great. big thick milky clouds.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
All this shipping and warranty talk has got my spider sense tingling 😬 Quick someone chime in with how awesome the tinymight is to soothe my nerves!

The TinyMight is awesome and also conveniently great at soothing nerves once you have it in your hands!

I havent been able to use it through water yet, still waiting on the WPA that was out of stock when my unit went out, and to be honest based on everything else I'm reading here I dont expect to receive it any time soon. A bit annoying, bit it works so well in the standard configuration I dont even feel like I'm missing out on anything.

I do get your concerns though. I cant say for sure what I would do in your situation, especially with a family member who could use funding. I am glad I ordered when I did/but really I'm glad you pushed me to order when I did and I somehow avoided all of the shipping issues a lot of other people are experiencing. So I feel pretty lucky in that way also a dick cause a lot of other people should have gotten theirs before I did.

I'm not the most experienced vaporist (?) but I would absolutely order this again today if mine shit the bed. Even knowing/reading all of the issues going on I'd take the risk of a couple month wait/not even getting it at all.

You could wait a couple months with the hopes of the maker straightening out all of these issues. Who knows, in that time he could have everything streamlined and down to a 2 week wait. Or just continue on the same path hes on now and 6 months from now everything is the same way it is today. Or, he could stop taking orders entirely until he clears his backlog out. Then its just the same thing all over again.

Order it, pay for it via CC, and just prepare yourself for a potentially long wait.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Shipping from Iowa. I have not checked other providers but I will. I will also contact TM for a resolution but am not optimistic.
I didn't pay anything to return my TM.
ask Ville for a return label... NOW:whip:

edit :

I shape this screen 6 months ago and I didn't like it ...
it is now the first choice ... very resistant and with the ideal mesh.
from s & b
without CU screen....
IMG-20200206-144456.jpg

Last edited:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Honestly even from day one I never had a foul taste or odor. Reading FC that was actually one of the first things I did when unboxing. Pressed my nose right up against the thing and gave it a huff. If I was really trying to be creative I could argue there was a slight salmon scent but I've never once noticed it again, the scent or taste.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Quick someone chime in with how awesome the tinymight is to soothe my nerves!
Five plus months of Tinymight ownership and it simply rocks - EVERY. SINGLE. TIME!!

Like a dumbass I’ve already lost 2 of 3 shallow flat-bottomed screens from MistVape I recently received. One went into the garbage and I wasn’t diving after it and the other is somewhere outside my house. They were loose fitting to begin with and I didn’t widen the top for a more secure fit so when I blew through the stem to discharge the AVB, the screens went too :(. I’m going au natural now, just the cooling unit and stock short stem. I’m slumming it 😊. Cheers!
:peace:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Want to quickly chime in too: the TM is honestly *the thing* and I would instantly reorder it it in case it broke or something like that. Waiting for it is totally worth it. I don't even look at other vapes for the sake of buying them, only because I still love to see new ideas being spawned. But for me personally the TM and my Dynavaps are all I need and want. Whatever comes next will be a decadent bonus to my collection.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Five plus months of Tinymight ownership and it simply rocks - EVERY. SINGLE. TIME!!

Like a dumbass I’ve already lost 2 of 3 shallow flat-bottomed screens from MistVape I recently received. One went into the garbage and I wasn’t diving after it and the other is somewhere outside my house. They were loose fitting to begin with and I didn’t widen the top for a more secure fit so when I blew through the stem to discharge the AVB, the screens went too :(. I’m going au natural now, just the cooling unit and stock short stem. I’m slumming it 😊. Cheers!

Dumbass, or properly elevated after a good couple rips from the TM? Its all perspective my friend.

I've been au natural the whole time, only adjustments stem-wise I've made is the size of the bowl, and that barely counts. Typically after cleaning the stem/cu, I set the bowl size and forget it until the next cleaning. I did start putting a basket screen right in front of the CU - jury is still out on that for me.

Last night I tried the long stem... the 80mm or whatever is OEM and not the extra-long-long stem. Initially I would say I noticed better cooling, nothing game changing but still noticeable. Will do some further experimenting on this. I also want to try moving the CU up towards the mouth, outside of the TM body and see how that works. I'll put a basket screen down towards the heater keeping the bowl size similar to what I've been doing and go from there.

It's hard trying to experiment when I already know what works for me. I pick up the TM with the intentions of trying these other ideas and then I'm like...Ehh, I know it really works this way, I'll just rip it and figure the rest out later.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Dumbass, or properly elevated after a good couple rips from the TM? Its all perspective my friend.

I've been au natural the whole time, only adjustments stem-wise I've made is the size of the bowl, and that barely counts. Typically after cleaning the stem/cu, I set the bowl size and forget it until the next cleaning. I did start putting a basket screen right in front of the CU - jury is still out on that for me.
I thought they were in tighter but apparently not. I laugh at myself all the time and not immune to self-deprecation. It’s all good. I thought the flat bottomed screens would work a tiny bit better and hold a bit more flower instead of using simple dome screens which I’ve used most of my 5 months. I still have them too. Of course doing without them is one less thing to worry about, and lose. Any additional screen will keep the cooling unit cleaner until the next cleaning; which is about every two weeks for me. And I have an extra CU and stem too now so I’ll never have any TM downtime.

I’ve yet to use the stock long stem. I love the fact the cooling unit not only cools the vapor but adds the flexible load size. Yeah, I’m kinda on cruise control with my TM too. After a short learning curve you find your balance and optimal operation. Heck, I may attempt the @dzoinp heater screen mod again (the first attempt ended poorly and dislodged the large clear oring atop the glass cylinder and there may have been a combustion incident following it too as the screen got pushed into the heater). “I was so much older then I’m younger than that now.”...

sanchezman

Commander in Kief
I started using the long stem recently. I don't get any performance difference with it, but it just feels "cooler". Not cool like lower temperature, but cool like a 1920's movie star, smoking from a long cigarette filter.

Not that I have anyone to show off my "coolness" to these days...

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Yeah, for me it's also mostly because of the handling & aesthetics why I prefer the long stem, not so much the cooling factor. Might be a thing when one prefers higher temps, though.

Siebter,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I'm not clear on what comes as standard equipment. It says a "short 55mm glass tube" and it says "cooling unit". Is the CU a stem with the metal cooler inside it, or is it just the metal part and meant to be put in the short glass tube?

cybrguy,
Top Bottom