TinyMight / TM 2

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
By using the same cut flower in both units? Seems fairly simple.

I meant across different users... if we're talking about one person comparing two units themselves at home, that would be more scientific however it's still just one sample and dependent on that user...

Shit Snacks,

AstroTraveller

Got my unit yesterday and haven't recovered since... It's a beast. :dog: Mega fast extraction compared to my old Tera, which literally felt apart.
Since I've started vaping I range between 196-200 C - so I assumed 6 1/2 was the right setting for me, but I found it too hot and my herbs got way darker than I'm used to. Now I read that units can vary in how hot they get at the same setting on the temp dial.
I believe I have to find my ideal setting, but I do not like the idea that the temp dial is not precise. Wrong approach?

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Just the fact that it "can" be calibrated means it's variable and not identical between units.

Absolutely, they *could* be calibrated differently, but we are talking about default units. *If* those units were calibrated differently, then it's most likely not on purpose. Because the goal should be all devices performing equally, right?

Siebter,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Got my unit yesterday and haven't recovered since... It's a beast. :dog: Mega fast extraction compared to my old Tera, which literally felt apart.
Since I've started vaping I range between 196-200 C - so I assumed 6 1/2 was the right setting for me, but I found it too hot and my herbs got way darker than I'm used to. Now I read that units can vary in how hot they get at the same setting on the temp dial.
I believe I have to find my ideal setting, but I do not like the idea that the temp dial is not precise. Wrong approach?

The solution is simple, set the dial lower than 6.5 ... It is very precise, you just need to figure out what you like, it should hit the same on a given level each time depending on how many hits, along with your pack and draw of course.

scooterboy

Muppet, not moped.
Then comes the miscallibration variable (for example). I don't think your database allows to assume variances in performance behavior of the TM in general.
We're going around in circles here. I was trying to eliminate ONLY the external (user-controlled) variables, by having the same user use 2 units the same way. That would leave ONLY the variables inherent in the TM units themselves to account for the temp dial differences, which is what I'm interested in.

scooterboy,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
We're going around in circles here. I was trying to eliminate ONLY the external (user-controlled) variables, by having the same user use 2 units the same way. That would leave ONLY the variables inherent in the TM units themselves to account for the temp dial differences, which is what I'm interested in.

I can see that and I'm sure others do too, and we are not doubting your observations. But I don't think these observations allow to assume that you have to expect a Tinymight to behave different from another Tinymight *in general*. What I would like to see is a session with one of those „hotter” devices with the dial at 10.

LabPong

Scooterboy....no I do not think your observation is of no use! I was trying to get more detailed to the exact cause of diff heat on same settings. That is why I think it could be something with the temp setting module and the graphic on the outside.

The graphic could be off ever so slightly, or the temp dial is not calibrated after build? As far as the heater or cell connections and other parts.... I would think as Siebter mentioned they should not offset this otherwise it would be crappy build quality or control of parts. So if you can measure the resistance of different vapes from the temp module settings....ie test it at several points across the possible range of settings, then you might know why the diff in heat from unit to unit.

I just think that is the area that can affect the most with temp ranges from unit to unit. With some experience with a couple other vapes..this seems viable.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I commented to Ville about the slightly slower warm-up time on my second TM ...
From Ville(Apr 2):
"I don't remember having made any changes that would affect the heat up
time. So I cannot really say about it, to me they look pretty similar
always, if it sometimes takes a longer time to heat during first test,

then I know this is a too hot unit..basically after building so many,
I can already feel from the time they are on how dark results will
come out of them
. Just this week started to calibrate them with
temperature measurements individually instead of testing with herbs,
it is around 150 degrees Celsius airflow at level 4 on default
settings. But havent really found differences in a way that some units
would take longer to reach a similar actual temperature level. Only
thing that I could imagine affecting would be a battery with a little
bit lower performance and more voltage drop so it would heat up a bit

more slowly..same thing you see with a full battery vs almost spent one."
:mental:
edit:

Just a question:
Calibrate for what?😇

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
The solution is simple, set the dial lower than 6.5 ... It is very precise, you just need to figure out what you like, it should hit the same on a given level each time depending on how many hits, along with your pack and draw of course.
Yeah, I start as low as 4 and finish by 8 at most to this point. One of things I enjoy about the Tinymight is that the useful range is plenty wide enough to choose your adventure.

LabPong

I commented to Ville about the slightly slower warm-up time on my second TM ...
From Ville(Apr 2):
"I don't remember having made any changes that would affect the heat up
time. So I cannot really say about it, to me they look pretty similar
always, if it sometimes takes a longer time to heat during first test,

then I know this is a too hot unit..basically after building so many,
I can already feel from the time they are on how dark results will
come out of them
. Just this week started to calibrate them with
temperature measurements individually instead of testing with herbs,
it is around 150 degrees Celsius airflow at level 4 on default
settings. But havent really found differences in a way that some units
would take longer to reach a similar actual temperature level. Only
thing that I could imagine affecting would be a battery with a little
bit lower performance and more voltage drop so it would heat up a bit

more slowly..same thing you see with a full battery vs almost spent one."
:mental:
edit:

Just a question:
Calibrate for what?😇

I would think it would be calibrating the temp setting module to the heater's output. Probably have to use a physical sensor to get accurate readings though.

Yeah, I start as low as 4 and finish by 8 at most to this point. One of things I enjoy about the Tinymight is that the useful range is plenty wide enough to choose your adventure.

For sure...I think the TM has the widest range of use for a portable. And that range is pretty liner as well!

I think some should not be put off or nervous when they hear how much a beast this vape is....or that it is very powerful. When in reality.....it is more like....if you want this vape to be a beast and really powerful it can be.......but it also can be a tame as a newborn puppy. lol

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Forgive me if this question has already been asked and answered. Is there a way to gauge how much battery life is left with the TM? IF there is, how does it work? Thanks.

EDIT: I found the info...sorry about that, lol

Last edited:
Crohnie,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Crohnie – When you power the TM on, it will indicate the remaining charge with a series of buzzes. 4 buzzes stand for full charge, 1 buzz stands for low charge. Remember there's a very handy manual that comes with the TM. :)

Siebter,
Reactions: Crohnie

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Stu, when Vape Critic gave his 1st impressions of the TM, he said the same thing. He turned the TM around & took some hits with it by pressing the fire button into his palm, but that wasn't completely comfortable either.

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Am I alone in thinking that the button should've been placed on the fatter end (a la Crafty)? I feel like I'm holding it backwards when I'm using it. :shrug:

:peace:
That's really the only fault I've found. A minor thing, but it would be more intuitive and ergonomic to have the button on the other side.
But being an idiot when it comes to things electric, I'm not sure what moving such a button opposite the battery side would entail.

I'm getting really baked putting my TM through its paces. :science:

Last edited:

mc

Absolutely, they *could* be calibrated differently, but we are talking about default units. *If* those units were calibrated differently, then it's most likely not on purpose. Because the goal should be all devices performing equally, right?
sorry missed this earlier! Yes, of course you'd hope they always calibrate it the same but it's up to human error now. And how good the tools are they use to calibrate it. SO I suspect they will all be similar but not all the same.

Am I alone in thinking that the button should've been placed on the fatter end (a la Crafty)? I feel like I'm holding it backwards when I'm using it. :shrug:

When I try both ways my pinky has a much easier time hitting the button area the way it is now, so I'm pretty happy with it. If the button was on the fat side I'd want it up near the top so my index finger could hit it. That feels pretty comfortable.

Last edited:
mc-gman,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...

I’ve gotten used to the wider part of the body between my thumb and pointer finger. I think that was the intent but I have large hands and long fingers and thankfully dexterous enough to finesse using my ring finger with the button, occasionally the pinky. Regardless, the Tinymight simply rocks!

I even had the naughty thought of getting a second one. I probably won’t but I’ve contemplated it. Happy Humpday! :peace:

LabPong

The button is in the exact correct ergonomically appropriate position..............

when I grab it like this....
TMinjector.jpg

and use it like that.......
TMglass.jpg

Otherwise..........................

SJnotHolding.JPG

😉

Last edited:

karec

Already got used to the button, i agree its not ergonomic, 1st i used the palm to trigger it but the pinky won the battle, i started to rotate 180º the "decision" to flip it is directly related to the trigger be facing the front, i own a Crafty so i agree with @Stu on the fatter end displacement of the trigger.
But to me the best position to place the trigger would be on top and not on the bottom of the unit, i now that the PCB is on the bottom but talking ergonomic is where makes sense imo, i would use the trigger finger to pulse it and the device securely inside the hand, since the shape is close to the Crafty its easy to do a comparison between them but using on demand i need to use the button, its not only to turn it on/off and placing on top is better imo even if its no doable.... for me.
Maybe im getting to anal with this... :lol::rofl::lol: is good to talk petty things about the TM, the performance flaws mostly are related to batteries and most of the talks here is how can we make the experience better by using different stems of other mods á lá @dzoinp:rockon:.
I have a another petty thing to share, i like to have the CU cleaned, draw resistance and taste could change if the CU is to cleaned, and since i stir i usually push down the CU so i can have enough space to stir without dropping any goods but the CU gets a little loose with the heat and its way easy to the CU to slide away, i now this is related with the clear orings being too soft, i only got from the maker the smaller ones and i guess i need the bigger ones (on the CU ) to prevent this... see petty petty things... :lol::rofl::lol:
Cheers
😎

Easywider

Simple is the way
Well played @LabPong :tup:

It really is perfect for rig use.

I often find Myself holding it backwards and clicking the button with the palm of my hand. It was a bit awkward at first but I now find It easier to correctly get three clicks in a row at the right speed using it this way.

Easywider,
Top Bottom