TinyMight / TM 2

Tweakz

I see you have the same kind of "hand grease" discoloration on the wood.

I don't mind for now, I just don't want it to start looking "dirty" in a while.
it can be lightly sanded and then applied again qualitatively beeswax or wood oil.

Tweakz,
Reactions: ezpz

LabPong

My TM with my Lamart bendy-spiked cooling mouthpiece. Like to rotate through my latest additions in the same session so found a way to fit one of my mouthpieces into all 3 of my current battery-operated vaporizers.

Couple questions on that stem setup. What temp do you use at compared to stock stem? How long do you draw for?

I ask this because of the distance from the heater screen seating to the stem entrance. That is a big gap.

The performance of my tiny might seemed to drop suddenly. So i decided to do a deep clean. I took apart the CU, and now i cant put it back together without a gap. I have done it in the right order. Nut washer, nut, washer, nut as per the photos on this thread. Any other tips?

You got it dialed in for use! Just keep that stem clean and make sure you use good batteries than can handle the amp draw.

Would you care to show us how your wood looks like in 4 months?

I rubbed some beeswax on mine when I got it, but it is starting to darken because of my hand grease and the handling in general. It is hard to pickup on photo but you can see the color difference on the bottom where the wood meets the aluminium.

View attachment 1400

Anyone maybe got some tips on cleaning the wood?

You can clean it up pretty good with iso on q-tips or iso prep pads. This would be the easiest way, just put some wax or gentle oil on it...you could use olive oil even. (what i used on my naked Lotus disk because I could not handle the manufactures finish element).

It is that or start sanding......not fun and messy and a little bit of wood will be removed so your re-finish will be more important.

LabPong,

slayyou

I took these the other day for someone to show the S&B dosing cap to short stem. Someone needs an insert for the glad made out of metal that stops on the rim so the dosing cap can't get pushed in. Like the top of Orthanc in Lord of the Rings.

Edit: I should say on the glass you would need to shave off more than 1mm of thickness for the dosing cap to fit.

Orthanc_Isengard_1.jpg
Way ahead of you, I'm waiting to test fit a few solutions against my actual unit once it gets released from dhl hell.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
The performance of my tiny might seemed to drop suddenly. So i decided to do a deep clean. I took apart the CU, and now i cant put it back together without a gap. I have done it in the right order. Nut washer, nut, washer, nut as per the photos on this thread. Any other tips?
:rofl:
yes it is supposed to have a gap. it looks like you did a good job assembling. hadn't you noticed the gap yet?
:doh:

dzoinp,
Reactions: karec

z0r

Got my Tinymight yesterday, spent some time with it last night, was not ready for its power. Definitely super excited to play with more heat settings, I see myself sticking only to on demand heating but appreciate the option for sessions.

The supplied instructions are definitely lacking in some areas and explanation, but thanks to the posts here and some videos online it was very easy to figure out. Can't really weigh in on the ergonomic design so soon, but the button placement is fine for me.

Haven't tried the cooling stem, just the one you see packed below. I will need to review the posts here again, a quick test with the milaana mouthpieces seem to work just fine, so I'm stoked!

20200611_104943.jpg

Too early to say, but so far so great. This and the milaana 3 have just made my summer outdoor vaping fsr, far more appealing! Thanks to all in this forum for the discussion and experience exchange!

VirginVape10X

Couple questions on that stem setup. What temp do you use at compared to stock stem? How long do you draw for?

I ask this because of the distance from the heater screen seating to the stem entrance. That is a big gap.

Since I had removed the aluminum insert, the airflow is less restricted, which allows me to get decent vapor at lower settings. Before, I had to set the dial to 6.5 to get any vapor as I have baby lungs and can’t draw fast or long. Now, I don’t have to inhale absurdly fast or long with the dial set to 5. Get flavorful vapor with a comfortable 5 second draw. And the gap ensures I don’t combust at the higher temps. Love this new setup as it also makes loading and stirring easier, especially on a windy day. Now I’m looking for an 18mm male (will add screen insert) to 14mm male wpa with a short straight bridge to slide the threaded ring through. Then can universally use on TetraX and custom Splinter Z, too (without the threaded ring).

VirginVape10X,
Reactions: LabPong

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Since I had removed the aluminum insert, the airflow is less restricted...Now, I don’t have to inhale absurdly fast or long with the dial set to 5. Get flavorful vapor with a comfortable 5 second draw....(without the threaded ring).
I never inhale absurdly fast or much longer than you with the stock stem. Already tried the bendy stem from lamart.. don't saw any improvement versus the stock stem+cooling unit. (EDIT: Except that it is more comfortable in the mouth)
You are sucking cold air... Without the top seal

Last edited:
dzoinp,

LabPong

I never inhale absurdly fast or much longer than you with the stock stem. Already tried the bendy stem from lamart.. don't saw any improvement versus the stock stem+cooling unit.
You are sucking cold air... Without the top seal

Yea I thought that the first thing reading the post.......maybe block off 60% of the intake holes and see what happens then?

But I am surprised it worked good at those temp settings.

LabPong,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
What I would like to see is a session with one of those „hotter” devices with the dial at 10.
Ok...just for you @Siebter...:tup:
Two Tinymight's both at 10.5 (max. Temp just for science):science:
The hotter is my first one, received in early January, the second one received in late March.
Two 6/7 second inhalations, then stirring and another inhalation. Maybe I should have given another draw...i know
Draw your conclusions ... for me there is a difference of about 1.5 steps. (EDIT: maybe 1 step?)
I never changed the factory setting
IMG-20200610-234305-1.jpg

:whip::peace:

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Thanks @dzoinp!

So there's definitely a difference, but the most important parameter for me was „Would it combust at 10?” and I'm glad to see that that is obviously not the case. I think I'd get about the same kind of abv when I hit my TM at 10 (I usually tempstep from 5 or 6 to 8 which makes my abv look like the one on the right on your photo).

Siebter,
Reactions: dzoinp

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
but the most important parameter for me was „Would it combust at 10?” and I'm glad to see that that is obviously not the case
It never happened to me ...
But my first TM has a bug that almost caused combustion. (EDIT: It's in session mode so it doesn't worry me at all)
Strange that no one has noticed, or at least reported here.
So I'm going to liven this up a little bit ...
In the first Tinymights (mine is in the first 40 units - europe) If you go into session mode and never let go of the button (3 click and continue to press and hold until the buzz) it will heat up to the maximum temperature, regardless of the position on the dial .
@sieber, yours is before mine, so you are sure to have this bug, which in the meantime has already been fixed, after I alerted Ville (my second one doesn't have this bug) Don't you want to check? in the name of science? :science:

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
In the first Tinymights (mine is in the first 40 units - europe) If you go into session mode and never let go of the button (3 click and continue to press and hold until the buzz) it will heat up to the maximum temperature, regardless of the position on the dial .
@sieber, yours is before mine, so you are sure to have this bug, which in the meantime has already been fixed, after I alerted Ville (my second one doesn't have this bug) Don't you want to check? in the name of science? :science:

I rather not. 😬 But anyway, when looking into the manual, what you describe would even be expected, wouldn't it? For session mode it says to hold down the button to boost the temp. What exactly did he change, boosting a certain %age instead of going to 10?

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I rather not. 😬 But anyway, when looking into the manual, what you describe would even be expected, wouldn't it? For session mode it says to hold down the button to boost the temp. What exactly did he change, boosting a certain %age instead of going to 10?

The boost ( only in session mode) it's suppose to only increase 1.5 the temp showed in the dial ...

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I might have tracked down the last rbt short straight stem in Canada 🇨🇦 my internet searches were fruitless aside from one place that is out of stock and currently shut down due to covid, with a 4-6 month wait till they reopen and restock. So I took a shot in the dark and emailed vape north, they use to stock rbt but haven't for a while. I inquired if they had any old stock leftover and they had one stem gathering dust and they agreed to hold it for me till I place a order. So now I guess I have to get a tinymight................. or a splinter :o

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
@SquirrelMaster *tips hat* so I read your posts about using your grav upline taster a while back. I noted this in the back of my mind and last night had a look through my old combustion pieces. I thought I remembered picking one up and I hated it! Anyway, it is snug but it fits the TM nicely, and your right, the mouthpiece feels great. I think it creates some disturbance in the vapour which seems to bring out a bit more flavour. It does seem to get a bit hot for back to back sessions the way I use the TM though.

karec

I see you have the same kind of "hand grease" discoloration on the wood.

I don't mind for now, I just don't want it to start looking "dirty" in a while.

Yeah hand grease is a big factor on the darkening of the wood, i keep using beeswax from time to time but its noticeable clearer close to the edge where the wood meet the alum, this is because my hand grease won't travel that far... but for maintenance i advice once in a while after a sesh to apply the beeswax 1 or 2 times at a time, the device will be hot and applying will be easier.
Another great idea (i didnt do but looks doable) is what @Tweakz is advising
it can be lightly sanded and then applied again qualitatively beeswax or wood oil

I think you can even apply even a colour wax or varnish, beeswax will not change the colour but there are others that will, i like the darkening provoked by my hand grease, and if i had the same wood i would make some experiences with different waxes and varnishes i think the results could be interesting, can look mate or shiny depending on the taste.
Cheers
:kewl:

karec

Ok...just for you @Siebter...:tup:
Two Tinymight's both at 10.5 (max. Temp just for science):science:
The hotter is my first one, received in early January, the second one received in late March.
Two 6/7 second inhalations, then stirring and another inhalation. Maybe I should have given another draw...i know
Draw your conclusions ... for me there is a difference of about 1.5 steps. (EDIT: maybe 1 step?)
I never changed the factory setting
IMG-20200610-234305-1.jpg

:whip::peace:
Thanks @dzoinp!

So there's definitely a difference, but the most important parameter for me was „Would it combust at 10?” and I'm glad to see that that is obviously not the case. I think I'd get about the same kind of abv when I hit my TM at 10 (I usually tempstep from 5 or 6 to 8 which makes my abv look like the one on the right on your photo).

Guys even if you dont change factory settings the maker told me that the devices can be set at green (0) or up/down a level, to make that experience valid you should set both to the same temp colour settings and then yes that comparison will be valid.

I only combusted once and i think its related to draw before the buzz, this can make the heater combust, i think... :thinker: but like @Siebter i dont use session mode.... you should get in touch with the maker to solve this, get @dzoinp to advice you on that.

Cheers
:kewl:

im not a robot

to make that experience valid you should set both to the same temp colour settings and then yes that comparison will be valid.
excellent point. not that it really matters. but good thinking! i would expect that the color coded temps are relative - the idea of changing the temp range is to have comparable temps across devices after all..

im not a robot,
Reactions: karec

fangorn

hey american vapers!

I am very excited to tell you that for once, we are a little ahead in France 😆

a French manufacturer has just released for the Tinymight, an xxl glass rod (15cm) with a mouthpiece that looks like the grav rod .... awesome !!!
I ordered it yesterday ...

I put the link to you, hoping not to break any forum rules ...

... like a kid excited by his toy and even more happy to make the neighbors jealous 🤣 ... and make you the same ... because you always have everything before us in general vape level !!

++

Thorssen

Received the TM a few days ago. Really happy and impressed with it. Will experiment with some dosing caps but works great in its native form. Also wanted to shout out to the maker. Had a couple quick questions and was not finding the answers. Sent an email and had a well thought out reply within a couple hours. Love when great products and great CS come in the same package.
In case the info helps anyone else...
1) Sometimes when the TM is off and I push the button a single time, the unit vibrates. Is this normal?
“It is perfectly normal. It just basically gives a signal that it's alive and listening to button presses but unless you make 3 clicks quickly it won't turn on. I think the idea with this feature was to give some feedback even if the user wasn't yet able to do the proper triple click, as otherwise it might seem like the unit was dead.”

2) Is there any way to turn off the led light?
”LEDS can be turned off in the instructions it's written how to take vibrations away. well, just repeat this and on second time the LED'S go away. Battery lid opening will reset this setting back to normal.”
Hi - I just wanted to check if you found a way to turn off the led without turning off the haptic feedback? If I follow the instructions on the 'beermats', I have to put into sesh mode, and all feedback turns off. I'd prefer to turn off the light, but be able to use it in on demand mode with feedback.

Thorssen,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Used grain alcohol last night for the first time to clean and bathe my short stem and Cooling Unit since ISO (91%) is still out of stock in the Northeast. And it worked well! I also didn’t feel too guilty dumping it down the drain after (ok, just a little crying about spilling alcohol, lol). It worked like a charm. I left the orings on the CU since I’m going to change them out the next full cleaning as they are the originals and I’ve cleaned them before and have taken them off, but not last night. I left them on the CU and took the whole thing apart for a good cleaning. I don’t recall who suggested using Everclear (I bought a big bottle of another brand because Everclear was out of stock) but it works well. Just rinse everything off with hot tap water and let dry. Voila!

Every time I use the Tinymight it simply rocks. Can’t wait to fire it up tonight after work. A part of me is thinking about getting another one because, well, just because :). I don’t subscribe to VAS, lol. TGIF to all.:leaf::peace:

LabPong

Hi - I just wanted to check if you found a way to turn off the led without turning off the haptic feedback? If I follow the instructions on the 'beermats', I have to put into sesh mode, and all feedback turns off. I'd prefer to turn off the light, but be able to use it in on demand mode with feedback.

I believe the first batches did not have this ability. But a month or so ago TM announced that the firmware was updated to allow using only haptic. So, if you have done the procedure as to manufactures instructions, and this does not work, you might have an older unit.

I am not sure how to tell, anyone else know?

im not a robot

and all feedback turns off. I'd prefer to turn off the light, but be able to use it in on demand mode with feedback.
i ordered mine mid january & am able to just use either only leds or only haptic feedback. when did you get your unit? @LabPong is correct that older ones .. only allowed for turning off the haptic feedback i think? not sure.. in any case: if i follow the instructions once: haptic feedback turns off, & leds stay on - repeat the procedure: leds turn off, haptic is back on. i have not yet heard of a stealth mode like you are describing with neither leds nor haptic feedback. sounds like a malfunction? might want to check with the maker.

LabPong

i ordered mine mid january & am able to just use either only leds or only haptic feedback. when did you get your unit? @LabPong is correct that older ones .. only allowed for turning off the haptic feedback i think? not sure.. in any case: if i follow the instructions once: haptic feedback turns off, & leds stay on - repeat the procedure: leds turn off, haptic is back on. i have not yet heard of a stealth mode like you are describing with neither leds nor haptic feedback. sounds like a malfunction? might want to check with the maker.

Now that I think about it....I think the manufacture said that having both haptic and led off.....you would not know what state it is at times so maybe shutting both off is not possible? This info is somewhere back in the old FC direct from TM.

Top Bottom