TinyMight / TM 2

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
This isn't really the place for direct comparisons, you can post in Ask FC, but I will tell you that the tinymight is much more powerful than the solo. Solo's session conduction really can't compare to on demand pure convection of TM as you will quickly discover... Much more efficient, way more variety in load size, ability to take one strong hit that gets you to the same place a whole solo stem could, no constant cooking in between hits... more portable and smoother hits with the cooling unit, swappable batteries and the full temp spectrum range of settings (you can use temperatures higher than the solo can reach, and also much lower temperatures, of which I am a big fan) I have friends and family with asthma too, I think this could actually be better overall, but difficult to say until you try!
Another very thoughtful and informative post. Big thanks for all the time and energy you put into this thread. Be well my friend.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
ebay is where i get bucket and domed screens.
eBay and others. Thanks to @dzoinp and his heater screen mod described above, I just bought the same tuxedo or top hat screens to do the same. Can’t wait, should be very functional.

Are there any other options you would suggest?
Flower storage has always been a quandary for me since I’m a portables guy and enjoy on-the-go loading and quick loading too. I had been using narrow dram vials to store flower (I don’t like to grind often). I recently discovered wider jarvials which allows the TM stem to fit inside - and just inhale some flower into the bottom of the stem, tamp gently. That’s it. Simple. You can do this from a grinder too, just inhale with the stem. One of my hesitations with getting the TM was being able to load flower in general since I hadn’t used stems that much in the past. My fear was overcome quickly with how easy this is and how damn well the TM works :). :peace:

Last edited:

Bazinga

Mine was delivered today. Haven't opened the box yet as I am work. I am out of ISO. Any suggestions for cleaning prior to use using household items?

murf2010

Mine was delivered today. Haven't opened the box yet as I am work. I am out of ISO. Any suggestions for cleaning prior to use using household items?

Run into any store real quick on the way home and grab some iso! Easy.

12mm screens are what I want correct, both dome and flat?

Last edited by a moderator:
murf2010,

mc

I take the pre-made baskets like the S&B ones and I cut the big metal ring off. This way I can slide the basket down in front of the cooling unit and it won't get stuck when I take the stem out. YOu know how when you take the stem out with a basket on the end the O-ring will snag it and all your erb falls in the TM. No longer an issue.
https://imgur.com/9l3ZHMf

WSzq7uG.jpg

Last edited:

Vaporific

Sadly I’m very low on ISO too and no local stores near me have had it in weeks. Most online sites are out too. For glass, BPW (or PBW I can never remember the right acronym) works but I wouldn’t use it on the cooling unit, orings or anything else. Perhaps others may have a different opinion or offer other options? :peace:

murf2010

Sadly I’m very low on ISO too and no local stores near me have had it in weeks. Most online sites are out too. For glass, BPW (or PBW I can never remember the right acronym) works but I wouldn’t use it on the cooling unit, orings or anything else. Perhaps others may have a different opinion or offer other options? :peace:
Man I forgot stores were out! You’re totally right.

Bazinga

Surely you jest. ISO is impossible to find anywhere near here. Easier to find toilet paper.

12mm screens are what I want correct, both dome and flat?

Bazinga,
Reactions: Summer

SquirrelMaster

Where do most of you get your screens? Flat and bucket as well.
Courtesy of @LabPong this is the best option if you're in the USA.

@Glatch
I use a Brilliant Cut Grinder (3 piece) and then I lightly suck my flower up into the stem. A funnel would be a good choice but I don't have any small enough. Scoops work they're just a little more tedious if I'm packing my stem really full. You could try sucking it right out of your two piece, that may save you from dumping.

BestBuds

The Dude
Simple green and boiling water. Let soak before going to bed. In the morning rinse with boiling water.
I usually take what ever I used that day, SP Globe lets say, and spray 4 sprays into the globe. Then I put my e-kettle on and boil water while I brush my teeth for bed. Pour in boiling water to top off the globe.
The next morning I run more boiling water through till the simple green smell is gone. Let cool and it's like new.
I've also used Dark Chrystal Clear. It's more expensive near me though.

sanchezman

Commander in Kief
After 74 days and several tense hours waiting for the DHL man to arrive, I'm happy to say that my TM is here to stay!

It's stubbier and "denser" than I expected from looking at pictures, and I love the grain on mine. It has a faint "woody" smell, that reminds me of green vegetation. I taste it a little when pulling air through the mouthpiece, but it's not strong enough to bother me.

I can confirm, like the other posters here, that you can open/close the battery compartment by hand, and you do not need long fingernails to turn the temp dial.

Both of the RBT stems I got last week fit snugly in the mouthpiece hole, so I look forward to trying this through a bong. Despite the fact that the only extras I ordered were a long tube and an extra CU, my bag contained an extra short stem as well. Thanks! One CU has orange o-rings, and the other stem uses white. The extra o-rings in my package are white as well.

I will say that when cleaning out the stems, the orange o-ring left some residue on the mouthpiece it was stored in. I'm not sure what caused this, but it was easy enough to clean. Scrubbing it off with a q-tip and ISO did the job.

The corks I hollowed out on Saturday fit perfectly, so now I just need to keep my cool until the battery is charged. Then... to the moon!

Momor

To activate start with the device off and turn the dial to 10. Turn it on by putting it into session mode (click, click, hold) and then let go of the button after a second. Then turn to 0 and turn off.
Does this really work with your TM ? It doesn't on mine. Just curious.
My manual says: turn on session mode (no matter what temp), turn dial to max, press button (one click), turn dial to min, press button. Then repeat this to enable vibration but disable LED light

Momor,
Reactions: Summer

Bazinga

Interesting. Just looked up Everclear. I had no idea. I suspect it would work like ISO.

As I am anxious to try the Tinymight, I wonder if it would be okay to perform a couple of burn offs and then use the device without an ISO/Everclear wipe down.

almost there

Interesting. Just looked up Everclear. I had no idea. I suspect it would work like ISO.

As I am anxious to try the Tinymight, I wonder if it would be okay to perform a couple of burn offs and then use the device without an ISO/Everclear wipe down.
Do both and you’ll be happier for it. Enjoy!

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Bazinga – I didn't even bother to clean the TM before I used it for the first time, was too eager to try it. I survived.

Honestly: I don't even understand what a burn off would take care of. Machine oil? How would that even work?

Trust your senses – some have reported an offputting smell from the wood finish. You might want to rinse the cooling unit and the tube with hot water. Check the aluminum housing for general cleanliness. But you don't need to take it apart and disinfect it prior to your first usage. :-)

You will need the Everclear at some point, so it's a good idea anyways.

Looking forward to your reports...

SquirrelMaster

Does this really work with your TM ? It doesn't on mine. Just curious.
My manual says: turn on session mode (no matter what temp), turn dial to max, press button (one click), turn dial to min, press button. Then repeat this to enable vibration but disable LED light

It usually takes me a couple tries to get the timing perfect for some reason. I keep my one finger on the temp dial so immediately after I release the fire button (when turning on) I turn the temp dial to 0 and three click to turn it off. I'll post a video later to show the process exactly.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: Easywider

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Has anybody adjusted their Tinymight temperature range?

TM website #6 FAQ:

IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET HIGHER TEMPERATURES THAN I GET AT 10? OR LOWER THAN I GET AT 1?

Yes, Tinymight allows the user to change the temperature range if the default one is not ideal for the user. email us for instructions.

Vaporific

Everclear is marginally healthier than using ISO, if one were to leave any remnants after cleaning.
This is good to know, and I was planning on going to the liquor store tomorrow too. I’ll put it in my list, if they even have it.

A little while back I pondered herein about battery level and the number of buzzes indicating level. I’ve definitely noticed my Tinymifht doesn’t last long in two buzzes and one buzz is rare at best. I’m still finding this the case and it’s common across my 3 VTC6’s I rotate. Not a huge deal but I needed some time and battery rotations to unscientifically observe this. I may get a few draws on two buzzes but then it kind of locks up and won’t stay on. That and the light bleed through the base are my only minor knocks on the TM. Otherwise it’s such an awesome vape, and one I greatly enjoy using daily! :peace:

Mr. Lahey

Indeed. One thing to consider with Everclear I neglected to mention: some states allow higher proof versions, up to ~95% Alcohol if I'm not mistaken. I would spring for it if available and price difference is negligible.

JonServo

After 79 days, my watch has ended. The TM has finally arrived, and boy, was it worth the wait. Will post more thoughts later, but so far it has been a very potent three hit hammer of a portable. Currently starting around 6 and ending near 8, this thing gets to the point...loving it.

Top Bottom