TinyMight / TM 2

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Anybody use any tool to open that battery door? I cannot make it that tight using only my thumb so I've been using a coin, but I noticed it's already scratching it up a fair bit. Now I've been looking around the house to see if there is something plastic or wooden that I can use instead that wouldn't be a hassle to keep with me when I bring my TM out.
I use a guitar pick, or a coin wrapped in something.

It would also be really helpful to hear from any TM users who suffer from asthma. Ordinarily my asthma is very mild and I’ve never experienced any problems whilst vaping (even taking bigger hits using the Solo with a water piece). However I’m concerned that the TM could be too much for my lungs when used on-demand at higher temperatures.
I have tree allergy induced asthma this time of year and do not perceive any difference in symptoms as a result of my acquisitions (I purchased 2 TinyMights)

murf2010

Does TM send tracking? Charged last week. Pumped to receive it within a couple weeks.

murf2010,

androponic

vaped.
Does TM send tracking? Charged last week. Pumped to receive it within a couple weeks.
For both of my TM orders i received both emails and text alerts from DHL express. Probably just have to make sure your contact info is up to date in your TM account before it ships out.

androponic,

Dayseed

Thanks for the insights on your TM experience @sativs.

The coughing and mucus sound like a red flag to me. On the other hand I’ve never really had an issue with those things - even after a very heavy session - so I might be OK.

Dayseed,
Reactions: BigJr48

Guest399

i dont get Tracking number by my order.

and i will buy second one too ;)

have anybody got a invoice for gurantee ? i not

Edit: @androponic how much Colling units do you have?

Guest399,

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
I have tree allergy induced asthma this time of year and do not perceive any difference in symptoms as a result of my acquisitions (I purchased 2 TinyMights)

I feel your pain. I choose to abstain for the last 6 weeks because of tree allergies and CV19 hanging around. I normally wear a mask out doors this time of year and this is the first time it doesn't draw attention.
The TM is such a great vape out of the box I think the only area that could be improved are more accessories like dosing capsules or additional stem options. Especially a bent spiked glass cooling MP (like this: https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/product&path=64_79&product_id=652) would be cool.

I agree. A tapered stem and a ss heating chamber sleeve would be on my wish list. I see that the TM website no longer offers the thin, fragile glass sleeve.

Last edited:
endof3d,
Reactions: dudeguy

LabPong

I agree. A tapered stem and a ss heating chamber sleeve would be on my wish list. I see that the TM website no longer offers the thin, fragile glass sleeve.

Yes...there is no need for this piece. But also....the ones they had for this were extremely thin....not at all applicable for the strength needed for this part. But I noticed no dif in the vapor quality/taste....just as others reported prior to me trying them.

The worst part about it....is pushing in your stem and feeling the glass and glass......it made me cringe when inserting with that glass sleeve.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I’d like to start by saying how great it is to finally join the forum. FC has been on my radar for a few years but I’ve steered clear out of fear of developing VAS. I really should have bitten the bullet a long time ago because the forum seems to be a really friendly community with a huge amount of useful information and helpful tips.

This thread in particular has been an invaluable resource when it comes to considering my next vape. There really isn’t much reliable info on the TM outside FC.

After reading through this topic I have a couple of questions that I don’t think anyone has covered.

Firstly I would be interested in hearing how the TM compares to the Solo. The Solo MK1 has served me well for a good few years and since I haven’t used any other vapes it’s my only frame of reference. I appreciate that they are apples and oranges when it comes to performance, but it would be useful to know how different the user experience is.

It would also be really helpful to hear from any TM users who suffer from asthma. Ordinarily my asthma is very mild and I’ve never experienced any problems whilst vaping (even taking bigger hits using the Solo with a water piece). However I’m concerned that the TM could be too much for my lungs when used on-demand at higher temperatures.

This isn't really the place for direct comparisons, you can post in Ask FC, but I will tell you that the tinymight is much more powerful than the solo. Solo's session conduction really can't compare to on demand pure convection of TM as you will quickly discover... Much more efficient, way more variety in load size, ability to take one strong hit that gets you to the same place a whole solo stem could, no constant cooking in between hits... more portable and smoother hits with the cooling unit, swappable batteries and the full temp spectrum range of settings (you can use temperatures higher than the solo can reach, and also much lower temperatures, of which I am a big fan) I have friends and family with asthma too, I think this could actually be better overall, but difficult to say until you try!

Last edited:

Brewervapesalot

I had a chance to try making some cork stoppers in preparation for my TM's arrival.

Lacking a dremel, I tried to hollow out the corks entirely with my drill. I started with a pilot hole using a 1/4" bit, then widened it with a 3/8" bit, and finally followed up with a 1/2" bit.

vise.jpg

drilled.jpg

One problem I had while doing this was that the 1/2" bit and the cork do not play well together. The smaller sized drill bits made relatively clean holes, but the 1/2" one would begin tearing chunks of cork out if I wasn't careful:
botched.jpg

I had originally figured that a 5/8" bit would drill a pretty good approximation of the mouthpiece diameter, but I didn't actually check to see if I owned a 5/8" bit. :doh: I'm not sure how well a bit that large would actually work on the corks, since it would hollow out so much that I think the cork might lose structure and just be torn to pieces. Then again, I'm not much of a handyman, so perhaps someone with better technique could pull it off.

A 1/2" doesn't create a large enough hole on its own, and I found that trying to force my RBT stems (which I'm using to estimate the TM mouthpiece size) into the 1/2" hole would just destroy the corks. I needed something to widen the hole a little more.

I tried using the drill to widen the hole I'd made by swirling it around the edges of the 1/2" hole. I found that this would either tear out more chunks of cork, or not really widen the hole at all. Luckily, I found a little hand-file in my toolbox whose width is almost perfectly the same as the RBT stem diameter.

file.jpg

(You can see my various mistakes on the top right)

I gently forced the file into the 1/2" hole and then used it to sand the hole until it was wide enough. Not only did this make the hole wide enough to fit the RBT stems, but it also cleaned up the chunky edges from the 1/2" bit and smoothed out the inside.

In the end, I got 4 usable corks and botched maybe 11. I think I can get a better success rate now that I know what to do.

corked.jpg

This was actually not such a complicated process. I'm not a DIY-oriented person at all, and this was about 40 minutes of experimentation. I think these corks might work well to protect the stem in my pocket, but I'd hesitate to use one to hold a loaded stem outside the TM. The bottom of the hole in each cork is not flush, nor is it smoothed by the file. I think the ground bud might easily come loose and fall into the cork if not packed correctly. Maybe that's something to work on today...

Maybe instead of a vice (which pinches the cork in the middle, not evenly, leaving the top and bottom of the cork desiring to come apart in chunks...) drill a hole in a wood block so that cork fits tightly. Putting a piece of wood on top and bottom of the cork and drilling through that wood before reaching the cork will surely help too.

Then carefully drill by hand or better with a drill press (slowly removing small amounts of cork). Make sure you have a new sharp drill bit. Faster speeds are probably better. Start with a small hole. Then increase the the size of the hole incrementally.

Last edited:

Dayseed

Sorry @Shit Snacks for asking about a direct comparison in the wrong section of the forum. I’m not sure it’s needed now though - you’ve laid out the main features of the TM in such a way that I have a much better idea of how it will compare with my current vaping experience.

I think the big advantage is going to be how much more control the TM allows for. I’m not always in the mood for the long drawn out sessions you have to commit to with the Solo. Having the option to work through a bowl in a few hits is probably going to be a game changer for me.

Thanks for the detailed and helpful response.

Now I’ve just got to get my hands on one of these little beasts.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I had a chance to try making some cork stoppers in preparation for my TM's arrival.

Lacking a dremel, I tried to hollow out the corks entirely with my drill. I started with a pilot hole using a 1/4" bit, then widened it with a 3/8" bit, and finally followed up with a 1/2" bit.

vise.jpg

drilled.jpg

One problem I had while doing this was that the 1/2" bit and the cork do not play well together. The smaller sized drill bits made relatively clean holes, but the 1/2" one would begin tearing chunks of cork out if I wasn't careful:
botched.jpg

I had originally figured that a 5/8" bit would drill a pretty good approximation of the mouthpiece diameter, but I didn't actually check to see if I owned a 5/8" bit. :doh: I'm not sure how well a bit that large would actually work on the corks, since it would hollow out so much that I think the cork might lose structure and just be torn to pieces. Then again, I'm not much of a handyman, so perhaps someone with better technique could pull it off.

A 1/2" doesn't create a large enough hole on its own, and I found that trying to force my RBT stems (which I'm using to estimate the TM mouthpiece size) into the 1/2" hole would just destroy the corks. I needed something to widen the hole a little more.

I tried using the drill to widen the hole I'd made by swirling it around the edges of the 1/2" hole. I found that this would either tear out more chunks of cork, or not really widen the hole at all. Luckily, I found a little hand-file in my toolbox whose width is almost perfectly the same as the RBT stem diameter.

file.jpg

(You can see my various mistakes on the top right)

I gently forced the file into the 1/2" hole and then used it to sand the hole until it was wide enough. Not only did this make the hole wide enough to fit the RBT stems, but it also cleaned up the chunky edges from the 1/2" bit and smoothed out the inside.

In the end, I got 4 usable corks and botched maybe 11. I think I can get a better success rate now that I know what to do.

corked.jpg

This was actually not such a complicated process. I'm not a DIY-oriented person at all, and this was about 40 minutes of experimentation. I think these corks might work well to protect the stem in my pocket, but I'd hesitate to use one to hold a loaded stem outside the TM. The bottom of the hole in each cork is not flush, nor is it smoothed by the file. I think the ground bud might easily come loose and fall into the cork if not packed correctly. Maybe that's something to work on today...

Maybe instead of a vice (which pinches the cork in the middle, not evenly, leaving the top and bottom of the cork desiring to come apart in chunks...) drill a hole in a wood block so that cork fits tightly. Putting a piece of wood on top and bottom of the cork and drilling through that wood before reaching the cork will surely help too.

Then carefully drill by hand or better with a drill press (slowly removing small amounts of cork). Make sure you have a new sharp drill bit. Faster speeds are probably better. Start with a small hole. Then increase the the size of the hole incrementally.

it is better to start with a 3 or 4 millimeter drill and gradually increase it.
If you have dremel or similar, I advise you to finish with it.
I have posted pictures of my cork mod with adjustable stirring tool included, but it is best to leave a new photo:D
IMG-20200424-004511.jpg

IMG-20200413-172227.jpg
:mental:

Last edited:

Dio

Sacraponator
Had another great evening with my TinyMight. At one point I loaded my herb in the wrong end of the mouthpiece by accident. Discovered that the cooling unit work upside down as well this way :ko:.

Something I noticed is that my unit seems to leak red light between the bottom plate and the wooden body. Anyone else have this and is this normal? Quite distracting while it sits standby on the table. There is no way to disable the light?

I also tried the silent mode. I guess this is useless in on-demand mode as it gives no vibration when to start your draw?

Also wondering how you guys dump your ABV on the go. At home I use my S&B brush but without tools it's a bit difficult to get all the ABV out.

Vaporware

Other people have reported light leaking line yours. It would be nice if it he’d put in something to block that, but it’s normal.

If you got your TM recently then you can choose to turn off either the vibration or the light. I think you just do the same thing you did before and it’ll switch them, but if that doesn’t work you can look back through the thread to see how it’s done. I think a lot of people referred to it as “stealth” mode so maybe search for that. :)

lordpilko

apologies if this has been asked. I did do some searching. But what is the smallest amount of herb you can put in the TM and it still vape well? I am a microdoser and I dont use much at all. I realise you can just put as much as you like in and just pull when you like due to the nature of convection, however the flavour soon goes this way. prefer to load smaller batches and get that flavour hit.

lordpilko,
Reactions: Jill NYC

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
apologies if this has been asked. I did do some searching. But what is the smallest amount of herb you can put in the TM and it still vape well? I am a microdoser and I dont use much at all. I realise you can just put as much as you like in and just pull when you like due to the nature of convection, however the flavour soon goes this way. prefer to load smaller batches and get that flavour hit.
0.1g - 0.05g Would be my guess as the smallest. I usually am packing 0.1g, but do enjoy knowing I may easily double or triple that.

Had another great evening with my TinyMight. At one point I loaded my herb in the wrong end of the mouthpiece by accident. Discovered that the cooling unit work upside down as well this way :ko:.

Something I noticed is that my unit seems to leak red light between the bottom plate and the wooden body. Anyone else have this and is this normal? Quite distracting while it sits standby on the table. There is no way to disable the light?

I also tried the silent mode. I guess this is useless in on-demand mode as it gives no vibration when to start your draw?

Also wondering how you guys dump your ABV on the go. At home I use my S&B brush but without tools it's a bit difficult to get all the ABV out.
You can just blow your herbs out from the mouth piece. At home I used to use a S&B brush, but now I use a stainless steel brush mounted on top of my new NewVape AVB can, comes out really clean.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

I had a social distancing vape session with a buddy on Saturday :lol: and he did the same thing with my Tinymight when he loaded it except he sucked a little in the wrong end first, flipped it and sucked it in the right end but then forgot he did it wrong in the first place and couldn't tell why he was getting bits in his mouth :rofl:. He was quite a few stems deep at that point so we had a good laugh. I brought disinfectant wipes and everything and we kept 6' apart while we went for a long walk, it was good to get out.

Now getting back to your questions yes, the red light is normal. As @VaporWare said there is two "stealth" modes, the first disables the vibration but keeps the LED enabled and the second disables the LED but enables vibration.

To activate start with the device off and turn the dial to 10. Turn it on by putting it into session mode (click, click, hold) and then let go of the button after a second. Then turn to 0 and turn off. The led will flash blue for a second. This disables vibration. Repeat the process and the LED will flash green for a second. Pop the battery to reset back to normal.

If vibration is disabled I put the device up to my ear to hear the buzzing to know if it's on and firing. I've only don't that while trying to get into the next stealth mode.

For ABV on the go I have a pill bottle and the little metal picks that come with sticky bricks and other vapes. An unfolded paper clip would work also. I insert it touching the edge wall and then move it around the stem in circular motions while keeping in contact with the outside wall. I do the same at home but with the metal poker that came with my Elev8r. Keeping it against that wall cleans the wall off a bit which always gums up with resin and all your flower will come out nicely.

After that I blow it out to get any loose bits that don't need to make the ABV stash.

Glatch

Hi folks,

Just a question about loading the Tinymight.

So far I've been using my old 2 piece spacecase grinder, emptying it in an old pack of rolling papers and using that as a kind of funnel to tap the weed in the stem.

I feel like a 3 or 4 piece grinder would suit my needs better.

Are there any other options you would suggest?
With a 3-4 piece grinder do you use a scoop?

Glatch,
Top Bottom