TinyMight / TM 2

florduh

It is hard to see why it would be harsher, but I have not tried it, so I can not say. Some other users report feeling no difference.

It shouldn't make a difference for the first few hits, but I imagine the steel will eventually hold and then radiate more heat into the vapor path. If a user only ever gets everything within a few hits, they wouldn't notice anything.

Varden

It shouldn't make a difference for the first few hits, but I imagine the steel will eventually hold and then radiate more heat into the vapor path. If a user only ever gets everything within a few hits, they wouldn't notice anything.
I do not understand what you mean. The SS part of the heater has not changed, it is exactly as before.

Varden,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
You're absolutely correct @Varden , the SS of the heater hasn't changed... The upper intake liner changed from glass to SS long before the lower glass oven liner changed to zirconia as you correctly state. It's been noted that the upper liner now absorbs much more heat than the glass, and that subsequently effects the stems cooling properties because the device is now hot, where it used to be mostly the stem that captured the heat.

florduh

You're absolutely correct @Varden , the SS of the heater hasn't changed... The upper intake liner changed from glass to SS long before the lower glass oven liner changed to zirconia as you correctly state. It's been noted that the upper liner now absorbs much more heat than the glass, and that subsequently effects the stems cooling properties because the device is now hot, where it used to be mostly the stem that captured the heat.

Right, that's what I meant. The SS liner is now absorbing more heat. Some users only take 2-3 hits. They wouldn't notice extra heat being added into the mix. Others who take more hits or do back-to-back bowls are more likely to notice.

I understand trying to make the TM more robust, but it kind of seems to me that if you drop the vape with enough force to shatter the glass lining...you're probably pretty fucked anyway :shrug:

Doesn't really matter to me personally though because I never do back-to-back bowls. I also don't drop stuff. Haven't had a case on my iPhone in years (it's now going to shatter today isn't it?)

Varden

Right, that's what I meant. The SS liner is now absorbing more heat. Some users only take 2-3 hits. They wouldn't notice extra heat being added into the mix. Others who take more hits or do back-to-back bowls are more likely to notice.

I understand trying to make the TM more robust, but it kind of seems to me that if you drop the vape with enough force to shatter the glass lining...you're probably pretty fucked anyway :shrug:

Doesn't really matter to me personally though because I never do back-to-back bowls. I also don't drop stuff. Haven't had a case on my iPhone in years (it's now going to shatter today isn't it?)
This makes sense. You quoted the part about the heater so it confused me. And I agree about the liner. I think I'll keep using the glass one, but probably a zirconia one would be ideal as it is more robust but the heat characteristics are more similar to glass than to the current SS liner.

florduh

but probably a zirconia one would be ideal
Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I think I go slow enough that it wouldn't bother me that much, but sometimes if you take more hits closer together, pull the bowl sooner, it being even hotter could be uncomfortable depending on the stem you are using? Ehhh so many little variables between all the different iterations that it's hard to compare and know for sure though

Screenshot-20240630-125537.png

Meanwhile these^ new WPA from Good Vibes Boro seem like they would be the best way to do back-to-back and one hitter type bowls through water or dry glass pieces, just like the tinymigh.t bowl, designed to fit loosely in the TM so you pull it to clear your hit and heat fully from the unit and bowl, injector (and Tetra) style! Top right is mine, but the rest will be available soon...

RedZep

I think it's a poor trade off for my own taste. I hope it's still possible to buy the og TM2 in the future. This is purely subjective however.

Varden

I think it's a poor trade off for my own taste. I hope it's still possible to buy the og TM2 in the future. This is purely subjective however.
In the TinyMight accessories page, you can buy both the SS and the glass liners for the TM2, so it seems getting the glass liner is still an option, hopefully until a zirconia option appears.

El Duderino

The Dude abides.

Meanwhile these^ new WPA from Good Vibes Boro seem like they would be the best way to do back-to-back and one hitter type bowls through water or dry glass pieces, just like the tinymigh.t bowl, designed to fit loosely in the TM so you pull it to clear your hit and heat fully from the unit and bowl, injector (and Tetra) style! Top right is mine, but the rest will be available soon...

Thanks for the reminder! I saw these bowls on Instagram and then didn't think about them again. The one with the yellow handle will be mine. :brow:

I asked GVB about the size of the bowl and he replied: "The bowls are all the same size and pretty big! They hold around .2 of a gram of material!" That sounds pretty good to me! :rockon:

I still have a lot of fun with my Tinymigh.t_bowl (even though the spelling drives me crazy), so I'm very curious to see how it compares to the GVB bowl.

Seantagon

Yeah I think I go slow enough that it wouldn't bother me that much, but sometimes if you take more hits closer together, pull the bowl sooner, it being even hotter could be uncomfortable depending on the stem you are using? Ehhh so many little variables between all the different iterations that it's hard to compare and know for sure though

Anymore about the price on these? I'll take that green one!

Seantagon,
Top Bottom