TinyMight / TM 2

SquirrelMaster

@Vapeman42086
I've put 30+ 0.25g~ bowls through my Tinymight since Tuesday and my AVB looks the same everytime, which is excellent (pictures above), and I'm packing on the larger side. I question the reports of uneven AVB and if those users are packing too tightly for the convection nature of this vape? I get a difference of opinion but I'm definitely not seeing the same results.

@Sensory Leaf
For myself I usually need at least a few days but with the Tinymight after the first bowl I was in love. Every bowl after that has been just as satisfying. I know the honeymoon will fade but how much I use it will not. I'll still rotate others and I have at least 4 (ha) others that will make their way to me over the next few months but the Tinymight has the top spot for the moment. It's a VAS killer in my opinion. I stay under level 4 for great flavour, I go to 8 for big clouds and I dabble in between as well. It's so friggin tiny, I can palm it easily so it's super stealthy. I've been taking my dogs for walks and I take a couple stems loaded up (inside my BB9 tube) and I'm more then covered. I can vape the same amount of flower in roughly the same amount of time compared to my Hybrid as well which is nuts.

@Some-new-user
Have you tried activating stealth mode? The newer units (mine included) first turns off the vibration and then turns it back on while turning off the red led (you have to pop the battery at that point to start the process over).

Also I don't have a darker ring on the AVB like some of the earlier pictures in the thread. At least I don't believe I did though everytime I've used the TM it gets me so absolutely stoned I may have not noticed but I feel like I would have. I'll snap another picture tonight.

Some-new-user

[QUOTE="SquirrelMaster, post: 1453394,

@Some-new-user
Have you tried activating stealth mode? The newer units (mine included) first turns off the vibration and then turns it back on while turning off the red led (you have to pop the battery at that point to start the process over).
[/QUOTE]
I hadn't I didn't see the need for it but have done so now. Yes 1st time disables the heater 2nd time disables the led. I think the LED went purple to indicate 1st and green for the second time around.

The more time I'm spending with this the more I'm loving it.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Have a question that may have been answered forty or so pages back but the answer wasn’t clear to me. I’ve been using a DV with the carb blocked to draw in to mouth then inhale to lung technique. The draw is difficult but able to achieve results. Will I be able to use the same technique on the TM easily, or is it designed for a direct to lung inhale. Any thoughts from your experience would be appreciated.

endof3d,
Reactions: BigJr48

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@endof3d - The wide stem diameter plus the relatively free airflow makes the TM more of a direct lung device. There's a little bit of restriction from the cooling unit and you can block the flow a bit with a finer grind, but it's nowhere near the kind of airflow that a Dynavap with a blocked airport has.

endof3d

Thanks for the reply. I was actually looking for an easier draw experience than the DV. Would putting on a DV fat mouth piece or using a Grav stem provide what I’m looking for or is it just better to search for another vape?

endof3d,
Reactions: BigJr48

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks for the reply. I was actually looking for an easier draw experience than the DV. Would putting on a DV fat mouth piece or using a Grav stem provide what I’m looking for or is it just better to search for another vape?

I would say this is much easier to draw from than a dynavap, there is essentially no draw technique needed. Airflow is unrestricted depending how you pack and you can draw as fast or slow as you like with any stem set up... Honestly it may have one of the more versatile draw tolerances of any vape I've ever used

Darr1

Hi all the wait is excruciating lol and I don't want to keep bothering the creator of this vape so can anyone help ? I ordered (UK) on the 19th Jan , has anyone else who ordered around this time received theirs yet? Showing as completed on my account but I'm guessing that changes when dispatched ? Any info will help :brow::brow:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I wonder what’s going on with Troy’s unit at 420 Vape Zone? He claims it gets to hot to handle, combusts at 5, and no longer vibrates. He claims it’s a dud.

I see a lot of praise here which gets me very excited but I am worried my unit from Finland will arrive and develop problems or become a dud like Troy’s. The hype for this device is real. It’s got my attention. I’ll be curious to see how they get Troy fixed up.

What other problems are popping up with the TinyMight? Has anyone had to go through a warranty claim yet? How did it go?

Lazytechnician

Hi guys, just created an account to post this, I've been having what feels like intermittent power issues, some days it's amazing, some days it's totally frustrating and almost feels like it's wasting my material

I just fired off this email to the creator, thought it might be useful to post here, and see if anyone had had a similar issue?

It was from the first run that Vapefiend had (maybe second?)

Hello there!

I wonder if you can help

First off - can I just say this device is amazing when it works! - I have not even considered using either my Mighty or my Dynavap since I received a Tinymight

However - I am having a bit of a love/hate relationship with it, some days, as I say, it works amazingly - but then for some reason, I can go through a period, maybe even a whole day - where it feels like the device is only running at half power or something

Using exactly the same material, ground in the same way etc etc - One day it might produce AWESOME clouds, another day - it will be a totally unsatisfying vape, and at that point it feels like it is not getting hot enough maybe?

At this point, I normally say to myself 'I will email him tomorrow' - Then by the next day, the device is working AMAZINGLY again

I actually convinced myself that I had bought a load of duff/fake batteries - which brings me to another point:

I bought this device from Vapefiend (you may remember I messaged you on Instagram, asking you to cancel my order so I could order from vapefiend :) )

The spare battery they sell additionally was actually a vtc5a, wheres the one that actually came with the device was a vtc6

Could alternating between these 2 battery types have had an impact of some sort on the function of the device?

I bought 3 or 4 additional vtc6s from 'Creme de Vape' - A well known and respected ecig supplier over here - And I somehow managed to convince myself that those batteries were duff/fake (although the vendor is 100% trustworthy) as I was getting this underpowered feeling the whole time - To the point where it felt like I was almost wasting my herbs

I wondered then, if the device only performed well when using the 2 batteries I received with it originally (The one supplied with it + the spare vtc5 from vapefiend) - So I then bought 3 more vtc5 from vapefiend and used ONLY those for the weekend - On friday I thought I had fixed all my problems as everything I vaped on Friday vaped AMAZINGLY - I was very happy with myself and the device :)

BUT THEN! The worst happened, and I started getting this 'half-power' feeling, even with the vtc5s???

I have a nice Xtar charger, and only run each battery down to 2 buzzes before swapping a new one

I have been reading the huge (and ridiculous!) thread over at Fuck combustion - And no one else seems to report anything like this at all

(I also clean the cooling unit almost daily - And have between 4-8 0.1 loads per day)

I am so sorry that this has turned into an essay! But I REALLY want to love this device, and I'm so close to that it seems

I hope you can help in some way

Many thanks for making such an awesome device :)

Sensory Leaf

I wonder what’s going on with Troy’s unit at 420 Vape Zone? He claims it gets to hot to handle, combusts at 5, and no longer vibrates. He claims it’s a dud.

I see a lot of praise here which gets me very excited but I am worried my unit from Finland will arrive and develop problems or become a dud like Troy’s. The hype for this device is real. It’s got my attention. I’ll be curious to see how they get Troy fixed up.

What other problems are popping up with the TinyMight? Has anyone had to go through a warranty claim yet? How did it go?

Iv spoken with him and he is going to get in contact with the manufacturer. As more and more units make their way into the wild, there will be issues, that's a given.

A number of pages back (this thread moves FAST) a user posted that there may/may not be an issue with their unit (noise generated from pwm was loud) said user posted the reply from the manufacturer, and it was very positive, the manufacturer has no issues diagnosing and rectifying faults, so I'm sure all will be ok

@Lazytechnician when you get this "half power" what's your abv come out looking like

Last edited:

Lazytechnician

Iv spoken with him and he is going to get in contact with the manufacturer. As more and more units make their way into the wild, there will be issues, that's a given.

A number of pages back (this thread moves FAST) a user posted that there may/may not be an issue with their unit (noise generated from pwm was loud) said user posted the reply from the manufacturer, and it was very positive, the manufacturer has no issues diagnosing and rectifying faults, so I'm sure all will be ok

@Lazytechnician when you get this "half power" what's your abv come out looking like

Much lighter brown with green flecks

Received a response ALREADY!

Hi! thanks for the feedback!

Of course it is hard to comment on the battery thing..we deliver the
VTC6 we get from a german supplier akkuteile.de, their stock has
always been very good and that's the only thing I can compare it to,
as we only use and test them with this particular cell. The fact is
that the heater is quite powerful and takes a lot of juice from the
cell. an underpowered cell or a cell that has not passed
manufacturer quality control, with higher than normal internal
resistance cannot supply similarly as the original battery and then it
could mix up the firmware and the calculations and timings for the
heater. but a high quality VTC5A should also work, from all the
information I can see from the specifications I see no reason to doubt
it.

I would understand better if you had a lower performance always, but
if it keeps changing session to session, that is strange. I would
advise you first of all, if you can still trace which one was the
original battery, to use it exclusively and charge it with the
internal charger of the TM, just to get a solid setting to compare the
performance to, in other words to remove some things we cannot control
and know for 100%, if your batteries are good or not. The original
should be, never had a faulty VTC6 but I had some other models fail
reportedly so this was chosen and not yet a single problem.

Do you use it in ON DEMAND or SESSION mode?? What kind of temperature?
What do you mean the performance decreases? you mean it doesnt heat up
normally? Or you just dont get vapor enough? I would advise you to
check that you have the screen that is next after the heater placed
correct way, with the wider rim side upwards towards the stem and your
mouth..this provides the air tight connection with the stem, otherway
the screen can let fresh air to the mix at times. Also it might be if
your tube is not pushed all the way to the screen holder, it might
leak some air sometimes and you would see a decreased performance.

Also since you seem to switch batteries often, Id make sure there is
no variation in the resistance between sessions because of this. you
can find a piece of sandpaper and little bit brush the contact surface
of the battery cap, in case there is uneven surface, make it bright
aluminum. And tighten the bat cap always competely.

Yes I have not heard of such behavior before and i can only give
general thoughts what come to mind now. Basically it should either
work or not, and we havent yet seen actual electronics problem during
the time of Tinymight existing. Just once it happened that a user felt
his unit didnt always start, and was in the travel lock state even at
temp 4, and inconsistent results sometimes worked sometimes didnt heat
up and i suspected the soldering had failed from the potentiometer
that is attached to the temp dial. So I asked him to push it downwards
while using it and he said it helped and it started normally, so I
understood one of the potentiometer contacts had a failed solder and
was hanging partly on air and when the contact was lost, the
electronics saw it as dialled to zero.

This is the only weak spot in the electronics, since the legs of the
potentiometer dont get particularly strongly soldered in the automatic
process, bus so far as I said only one has gotten this issue confirmed
from about 200+ delivered. If you will have one day again this lowered
performance, maybe you could try the same trick and push all time the
dial in to force a stronger contact to the electronics board in case
the part has became lose, and see if the temperatuere suddenly rises
back to the correct levels, in case this is the reason for the
performance issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
the manufacturer has no issues diagnosing and rectifying faults, so I'm sure all will be ok
Thanks for your input. I saw the guy with the buzzing going on. I get the game of numbers. Some units will be duds.

I’m still questioning whether to order or not. I wonder what the turnaround time is for a warranty claim in the US? I have a personal infliction in that I’m very needy and like to know I’ll be well taken care of.

The Stray Fox,

Lazytechnician

And my response back (please shout if this is boring/unhelpful):

Many thanks for responding so quickly and informatively!!

- With regards to the batteries - I am 99% sure they are all genuine and have come from very trustworthy suppliers
Although very interesting to hear the timings and calculations for the firmware could get mixed up - it did feel a little like this could be happening

- I had considered this myself - so I will definitely try with just the supplied battery, and using the onboard charger

- I generally use On Demand mode - Between 7 and 9, and yes - always with the wider rim facing up, this is also something I've considered - that the airpath is not completely airtight, so not drawing over the material? When I first received the device - I noticed that the glass tube does not sit flush to the bottom screen - it can wobble a bit left/right

- The notes on potentiometer are interesting though - I have also wondered if this could be the cause - and that when it is on '7', it is not actually heating at '7'
I will definitely try pressing it in on my next load

Again, many thanks for responding so quickly, I really hope I can get to the bottom of this

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@Lazytechnician You can try cleaning the lid on the battery department from the side it makes contact with the battery .Also you can clean your batteries too.
Sad to hear Troy got a bad unit,maybe he got one of the earliest batches,mine is from the latest and it is flawless in operation,only thing i could complain were some residual smells, that are now almost completely gone,the main cultprit on mine seemed to be the o-ring cause it had some kind of foodgrade lubircant on it that smelled planty and it was leaving some of this grease on the tip everytime i inserted the stem,took a while to narrow down though...
If the bottom or top plates are getting hot, then electricity isnt going where is should IMO,bad battery contact or smth like that,maybe he can try doing a good clean of the battery contacts,maybe polish them/rub them a bit with a kitchen sponge or something mildly abrasive if that doesnt help.ALSO clean the threads there was some dirt on mine,i cleaned it prior first operation,so i cant really tell if this could maim the contact,but better off without it :).
You can try re-positioning the red ring to your liking, also i noticed that the more you tighten the stem holder top,the friction increases between the stem and the o-ring. (It is mentioned in the instruction to not overtighten it,but maybe yours is a bit loose).
On a side-note one further thing i can see as an improved is adding someking of mesh ring to the air intake so the unit stays protected from abv dust and environmental dirt.
I also spoke with the maker about the dirt on the metal parts and he ensured that he already has taken this issue in account and is upgrading the cleaning process ,adding stronger detergents and more time in the ultrasonic bath,also everything metal including the heaters ,is going to be baked at 250C in the oven after cleaning to further purge everything,so even the most sensible of us can be satisfied.Also he appologized about the slight woodsmell on some of units from the batch mine originated ,he said that he had to decide either to wait a week for it to subside and then send the units and make some people even more edgy or send them smelling a bit fresh.. I cannot complain cause the smell of oak is so neutral unlike many of the exotics that smell like spices which is a bit irritating. I am leaving my unit with lids off over night ,the wood smell present on receival is almost non detectable.
I havent had a lot communication with manufacturers but i must admit that i have yet to meet another taking user feedback that seriously,to my account he had addressed every concern i've had about the unit prior and after receival and is willing to constantly improve his product.

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Thanks for the reply. I was actually looking for an easier draw experience than the DV.

I would say this is much easier to draw from than a dynavap, there is essentially no draw technique needed.

Wait, people have bragged about how easy this thing draws. Maybe that was just stated wrong.

Let's get this straight – the TM has a *very* free airflow, that's why I wrote

The wide stem diameter plus the relatively free airflow makes the TM more of a direct lung device.

„Direct lung“ is a term from the e cig world and I thought it was common in this community as well; it describes a draw similar to that of a bong or shisha as opposed to „mouth to lung“ which describes a draw where you pull the vapor in your mouth first and then inhale (like a joint or a DV with closed airport). Again: *very* free airflow with *a bit* of restriction from the cu. And: nowhere near a Dynavap, which has a very tight airflow.

And my response back (please shout if this is boring/unhelpful):

Not at all, keep 'em coming. :-)

Last edited:

LabPong

Thanks for your input. I saw the guy with the buzzing going on. I get the game of numbers. Some units will be duds.

I’m still questioning whether to order or not. I wonder what the turnaround time is for a warranty claim in the US? I have a personal infliction in that I’m very needy and like to know I’ll be well taken care of.

The dry herb vaping industry is no place for expecting so much! You will have to lower your acceptance of this with any vape.....nothing is perfect and most of the good vapes come from smaller producers.

That said, do not be scared of 1 or 2 reported issues with this vape. It sounds like the problem with Lazytechnicians is some sort of electrical fault and should be simple to fix if in correct hands.

That said.....you take a chance with any vape you purchase on its probability of something wrong and needing warranty service. And the amount of people here that have been using the Tinymight for some time now....should be a good indication of any possible maintenance/fault issues.

endof3d

Probably just a waste of a blank space, but …..

Imagine the time, resources and planning details that goes into developing a device like the TM, including finding investors. Then imagine the cost and effort to source, evaluate, and then negotiate international contracts with global suppliers.

Testing is completed, your web site is up and when the first supplies start to arrive you decide to launch the product. You receive overwhelming positive response and the orders start streaming in. Then right in the middle of your celebration an unpredictable incident occurs that dries up normally reliable supply chains -at least temporarily- that you worked months to establish.

Now you find yourself in a situation with just about every other manufacture out there scrambling and competing to secure new suppliers that can ship yesterday. Bills are arriving, employees need payed, supplies are dribbling in, customers are getting impatient, bugs are appearing and normal growing pain incidents are starting to surface.

That brings us to now. I for one am astonished that the developer has time for a few hours of sleep a night let alone answer customer enquiries. I’m thinking expresso and sativa is the fuel of preference at this juncture. Hoping the developer of the TM can ride out this bumpy birthing process and reap the benefits of this huge effort.

My money is on that this is just a small blip in the momentum forward and the company will provide us with equally impressive gadgets to experience in the coming years.

Last edited:

im not a robot

@Darr1 - i ordered on the 15th of january, and status was changed to 'shipped' last thursday, arrived friday in germany. or it would have, i wasnt here, only picked it up today. so yours should be on its way very soon? unless he still has troubles w/ his suppliers, & ran out of components just before it was your turn..

too early for me to have an opinion except that i think it looks gorgeous. i do like the wood & personally dont need this to be different - i think it is quite elegant in an understated way. there are indeed lightleaks at the bottom plate, but i went straight into stealth mode & led is off for good now (at least until i take the battery out, but will charge inside the unit for now).
general first impression of vapor is good. but i know i will have to experiment with setup much more. not so happy with the mistvape dosing capsules experience yet (but my only comparison for dosing capsules are s&bs in the mighty). will experiment with this more too, as i would really like a good dosing caps solution. it will probably come some day.

tm has been in standby for a good while. does anyone know how / if this impacts the battery vs turning it off?

it goes well with my desk
edit: couch

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

I like the wood smell to be honest and I'll be sad when it fades. Every time I pull out any smelly wood like my Fractal Runt I give it a big sniff lol. The wood doesn't have any impact on taste in the Tinymight but I can understand it may be too much for some with sensitivities.

I couldn't get a good picture of my stem (too dark in vape den to shoot down the glass) after some bowls last night but I didn't notice a ring. When I dump it out it always looks good and that's all I need. I'll keep watching just because I'm curious though.

I was definitely macro dosing last night with my largest pack at 0.55g in the long stem and another after at 0.45g. My first thought was Batman from The Lego Batman movie when he says "Hey kids, who wants a shot from the merch gun?" (in a Will Arnett batman voice) except it was "Who wants a shot from the terp gun?". Can you tell I have young kids, these are my references :lol:. This is no Elev8r, don't get me wrong but I sat at level 3 and took 4 SUPER terpy, 15~ second hits before I started to turn the temperature up and it went up slowly. I only had to give it one stir and the AVB came out darker then expected and nice and evenly toasted.

The Tinymight is a wolf in sheep's clothing. The battery life is ridiculously good, it hits quick and hard, it feels great to hold. I love new vapelationships haha. She's a keeper for sure.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@SquirrelMaster I consider myself having a jedi sense of smell,maybe one of the reasons i have few friends ,i just cant stand smelly people and their bonus environmental impact smells and also often share my feelings with them :D.. There was a strong smell present with the unit but it is now 95% gone,also harshness is no longer there.Some people are more sensitive to metals and i think my coil needed just lil longer burn off,but as mentioned this would be addressed to the future units with the extra cleaning procedures and oven purge.
I am keeping my loads in the 0.2-0.25. I just used the unit with the long stem natively and it doesnt make me cough now which is very suprising,all dry direct vapes make cough,must be the magic of the coolin unit which is also an awesome trap for particles when it gets sticky. This is very big for me as this means that finally i will be able to enjoy portability in Nature without havign to bring bulky glass stems ,micro bubblers with me.
I show it to a guy that builds custom flashlights as a hobby and has EE background and he said this is a very well designed unit. He also mentioned that it would be good to give an ocassional rub against paper (notebook page),when you do you will notice that it leaves a lot of grey marks on the paper,after that you can take a look at the ring and look how shiny and polished it has become,i havent complained about underperformance ,but i think that my unit heats a little bit quicker due to the better contact.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

@Abysmal Vapor
When you say to rub against paper, do you mean the bottom of the battery terminal cover that screws in?

I'm glad the Tinymight is working well for you and now you have me laughing thinking about farts :rofl:

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: Summer
Top Bottom