TinyMight / TM 2

LabPong

How long have you had the device, and how often do you use it?

I have had mine for just over a month now....use it almost daily.

Yea....the wood had a big odor to me when I first got it....tried to wipe it down with as much ISO as I could to pull off the smell a few times. Not sure if it is the finish product on the wood or what...but I feel it is.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Battery works all the way down to 3 volts according to charger.

is everyone discharging their batteries this low? has anyone noticed any longevity impacts on the battery with this type of use? most other devices will cut off at 3.4v

Last edited:
muunch,

Sensory Leaf

is everyone discharging their batteries this low? has anyone noticed any longevity impacts on the battery with this type of use?

My unit will give 4 very short vibrations (indicative of a depleted cell) at 3.3v (according to my external charger)... However I (believe I) notice a slight (and it's so slight I may be imagining it) increase in heat up time around 2 buzzes battery status, and I prefer to keep my cells in best order so switch them out at this point (~3.6v)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I stop no later than 3.6, typically sooner like 3.7, 3.8, or between, what I've been doing for all my other 18650 vapes, though I am using some OLD cells that seem to work as well as the new ones or close enough... maybe because of how I treat them? I've got plenty to swap regardless

LabPong

My unit will give 4 very short vibrations (indicative of a depleted cell) at 3.3v (according to my external charger)... However I (believe I) notice a slight (and it's so slight I may be imagining it) increase in heat up time around 2 buzzes battery status, and I prefer to keep my cells in best order so switch them out at this point (~3.6v)

4 short vibrations means full charged (or close to it) cell. 1 short vibration is almost depleted cell.

Sensory Leaf

4 short vibrations means full charged (or close to it) cell. 1 short vibration is almost depleted cell.

I know what you mean, but this is a different 4 buzzes... my unit will do 4 even shorter buzzes in RAPID succession (when the cells voltage is to low)

Edit: turn your unit off, turn the power as low as it will go, then try to turn the unit on... It won't turn on, instead it will give you the haptic feedback I'm talking about

Sensory Leaf,
Reactions: karec

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
is everyone discharging their batteries this low? has anyone noticed any longevity impacts on the battery with this type of use? most other devices will cut off at 3.4v

I usually will run the battery until the device either shuts down or vibrates once when being started, the lowest charge my charger shows then is 3.2V. I wouldn't say 3.4V is a standard cut off charge for „most devices“, my DaVinci IQ would discharge down to 3.2V, my box mods shut down at ~3.2 and ~3.1V, some mods (with dicodes chips) even allow setting the cutoff at 2.8V – still safe, but that would shorten the lifetime of a battery in the long run. At least in the e cig world anything at or above 3V is considered safe.

I know what you mean, but this is a different 4 buzzes... my unit will do 4 even shorter buzzes in RAPID succession (when the cells voltage is to low)

Are you sure this is not the safety feedback when the dial is set to its minimum?

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I wouldn't say 3.4V is a standard cut off charge for „most devices“

You're correct. I should have stated this is typically what I will see when putting batteries on the charger that I deem as no longer usable (in my quite limited experience and scope of rechargable battery use)

Thanks for the infos otherwise

muunch,
Reactions: Siebter

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I should have stated this is typically what I will see when putting batteries on the charger that I deem as no longer usable (in my quite limited experience and scope of rechargable battery use)

That would make sense for unregulated devices like the Milaana, I think 3.4V and below is too low for a mechanical setup.

Siebter,
Reactions: muunch

TommyDee

Vaporitor
2.5 volts is when Li-Ion begins to form a metal growth that can short a cell. This limit applies under load. With the TM feedback, you are reading a resting voltage. If you look at the cell's discharge curves, you can see where your cell is actually safe for use. In high current devices running at the top end of their specification, procrastinating charging is harder on cells than just keeping it topped off if not downright dangerous. Another name for flashlights is 'pipe bomb'. Fortunately TM has the right safety protocols to protect users from themselves. This might inconvenience the user with slightly less performance. Looking forward to actually putting a meter on one.

Protected mode Li-Ion cells, which are much preferred when current isn't a problem, normally cut off at 2.75v. That has become the industry standard. And as the circuit is in play under load, it protects for worst case, under load, not just resting voltage.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
:mental:
IMG-20200229-005642.jpg

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@dzoinp – Please, explain. :-)

That thing right in front, is that the ring above the heating element? What happened with the screen?

Siebter,
Reactions: dzoinp

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
@dzoinp – Please, explain. :-)

That thing right in front, is that the ring above the heating element? What happened with the screen?

edit:
when inserting the stem, it is attached to it and makes a lid ... on the other hand, as it forces the greens to stay 4mm apart, you can stir in the good without spilling, whatever the quantity.
avoids the darkest ring

:D:mental:
IMG-20200229-005758.jpg

double post...sorry?

IMG-20200301-015837.jpg
IMG-20200301-015745.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

LabPong

Edit: turn your unit off, turn the power as low as it will go, then try to turn the unit on... It won't turn on, instead it will give you the haptic feedback I'm talking about

I see.....I never have let it get too low....and I think I have only had 1 buzz a couple times at most. I usually do a bowl or two when it is at 2 buzzes then charge.

I just tried the power on lowest setting and then turning on.......cool....those are super fast feedback buzzes.

Sensory Leaf

I see.....I never have let it get too low....and I think I have only had 1 buzz a couple times at most. I usually do a bowl or two when it is at 2 buzzes then charge.

I just tried the power on lowest setting and then turning on.......cool....those are super fast feedback buzzes.

This (turn to 1 when off) is actually a safety feature, to prevent accidental turning on, during transport

karec

edit:
when inserting the stem, it is attached to it and makes a lid ... on the other hand, as it forces the greens to stay 4mm apart, you can stir in the good without spilling, whatever the quantity.
avoids the darkest ring

IMG-20200229-005758.jpg

double post...sorry?

IMG-20200301-015837.jpg
IMG-20200301-015745.jpg

Boa idea, como fizeste? I also think that keeping the greens away from the heater prevents them to be more cooked, i also found the best results using that way, i thought that it was going to be always with the stem, for me makes sense since i dont pack tight and i also stir im just afraid that the greens will fall off, but in terms of everyday use this way way better since i dont need always to have a pocker with me to remove the screen im using (G43 with a sawn off rim). I just need to instruct my brain start flipping the TM to insert and remove the loaded stem if i start to use this way.
Again what i need now is a WPA Stem, those in vapefiend are the ones i need according to @LabPong but the postage is more than the stem... need to contact vaposhop, they have RBT stuff but i didnt see stems available... does anyone EU places to get them?

Cheers
:cool:

karec,
Reactions: BigJr48

LabPong

Boa idea, como fizeste? I also think that keeping the greens away from the heater prevents them to be more cooked, i also found the best results using that way, i thought that it was going to be always with the stem, for me makes sense since i dont pack tight and i also stir im just afraid that the greens will fall off, but in terms of everyday use this way way better since i dont need always to have a pocker with me to remove the screen im using (G43 with a sawn off rim). I just need to instruct my brain start flipping the TM to insert and remove the loaded stem if i start to use this way.
Again what i need now is a WPA Stem, those in vapefiend are the ones i need according to @LabPong but the postage is more than the stem... need to contact vaposhop, they have RBT stuff but i didnt see stems available... does anyone EU places to get them?

Cheers
:cool:

Karec....you are right about moving the load deeper into the stem to have a nice space between it and the heater. I purchased the extra glass kit with the longer stem in it just for that reason only.....but found I have to go through water anyway with this vape so I do not use the stock stems or CU....just a RBT stem.

The ability to stir is important to me and the RBT stem setup with a screen about an 2+cm deep. It is super easy to stir this way and extract more evenly and get the most taste you can out of the bowlful.

Hope you can find a RBT stem soon.....maybe from a user in your area of the world that can afford to sell one or gift one to you possibly. That is how I got my first couple of stems to test with.

karec

Karec....you are right about moving the load deeper into the stem to have a nice space between it and the heater. I purchased the extra glass kit with the longer stem in it just for that reason only.....but found I have to go through water anyway with this vape so I do not use the stock stems or CU....just a RBT stem.

The ability to stir is important to me and the RBT stem setup with a screen about an 2+cm deep. It is super easy to stir this way and extract more evenly and get the most taste you can out of the bowlful.

Hope you can find a RBT stem soon.....maybe from a user in your area of the world that can afford to sell one or gift one to you possibly. That is how I got my first couple of stems to test with.

Yeah at home i like to use a water rig, this way i can see the vapor production while inhaling, so the WPA for the TM is needed also to use with concentrates, good news is that @Alex3oe reach out and we already settle something so i will get an WPA next week. Outside i use it similar like @dzoinp

wXNCpS3.jpg

wXNCpS3.jpg

I removed the screen attached to the CU and replace it with a new screen (G43 without the rim) but i need to flip it 180º. I found out the putting the load away from the heater i got better results and better looking AVB and ables me to stir whip i like to do.
I thought the best idea was to get a rimmed screen but the G43 stays inside when i remove the stem.... still think could be the way to go but Dzoinp solution also makes sense.... choices choices....

Cheers

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
edit:
avoids the darkest ring

IMG-20200229-005758.jpg

double post...sorry?

IMG-20200301-015837.jpg
IMG-20200301-015745.jpg
It should be noted this is a modified TM, not stock.

Not that @DonMarteng is wrong to point out the noise or is not experiencing a louder noise from the heater than most of us, however I can say owning two TinyMights that the noise is not such that it would prevent me from using it in bed when Mrs YaMon is sound asleep nor in a theater. The resulting discussion about the noise would have you think we were discussing a dental drill, which I do not agree with.

Just like @Siebter I use my batteries until they are spent and have no problems. I'm not going to dive into the battery discussion further by sharing my voltage observations as I find this discussion less about the TinyMight and more about battery safety.. it's a borderline religious issue I'll not stoke.

My first TinyMight has the issue that when you change the battery you must leave it out for a couple minutes otherwise it will not fire. Unit #1's mute feature also works on vibrate and not the LED. TinyMightVape offered to repair the unit at no charge, but I elected to purchase a second. The manufacturer sent me a 2nd unit as soon as he had one rather than waiting for my number to come up.. really unexpecetd and very cool. I'll write up the differences in a post soon, but thought this level of customer service should be shared. :tup:

Tweakz

Hello . tomorrow I will pick up my long-awaited TM from the post office. I love to hit hard. and would like to ask. if always used in 10 mode, is there any way to combust? I will use it both through the bubbler at home, and through the stem outside the house

Tweakz,
Reactions: BigJr48

vapeaveli420

I’m sure I’m gonna get met with hate for this but.... I was speaking to someone on eBay (UK) who is selling the Tinymight, he said he purchased on Friday (from Vapefiend, I missed out) he said that the tinymight is overhyped, and not worth the money. Also he went on to say that it doesn’t vape evenly. I haven’t used nor do I own a Tinymight (yet) what are the thoughts of Tinymight owners? I don’t understand why only Vapefiend have reviewed this vape yet? George from Vapefiend seems to be a mighty hater imo, he said that the splinter was a mighty killer and has said the same before for vaporizers again opinions?

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I haven’t used nor do I own a Tinymight (yet) what are the thoughts of Tinymight owners?

Just browse through this thread a bit and you'll find tons of opinions and thoughts.

George from Vapefiend seems to be a mighty hater imo [...]

Bit offtopic here, but huh? :-) He said numerous times how much he loves the Mighty.

Top Bottom