TinyMight / TM 2

gangababa

Does anyone know if the glass tube that's behind the metal of the heating chamber is interchangable between the TM1 and the TM2? Mine is broken on the TM2 and it's hit performance a bit, but I was hoping to just be able to take the extra one I have from a TM
According to the Tinymight web site, they are not interchangeable.

Their accessories page has a note for each model glass-replacement part, saying it is not compatable with the other model.

Ned Bogan

Re: TM2 batteries. I know the TM website lists Molicel P26A/P28A, SONY VTC6, Samsung 30Q and LG HG2 as their recommended batteries for the TM2 and I know it's recommended that any battery used in the TM2 be rated for at least 30A output. My question is -- what about other 18650 batteries with higher ratings -- like the Molicel P42A? The P42A is rated for 4,200mAh and 45A, so it's a beefier and hopefully longer lasting battery. Would using a Molicel P42A be OK in a TM2?

Ned Bogan,

EarthworldTim

Re: TM2 batteries. I know the TM website lists Molicel P26A/P28A, SONY VTC6, Samsung 30Q and LG HG2 as their recommended batteries for the TM2 and I know it's recommended that any battery used in the TM2 be rated for at least 30A output. My question is -- what about other 18650 batteries with higher ratings -- like the Molicel P42A? The P42A is rated for 4,200mAh and 45A, so it's a beefier and hopefully longer lasting battery. Would using a Molicel P42A be OK in a TM2?
P42A is a 21700 battery, not an 18650. Won't work because it's a bigger battery size.

Kaptan

While we’re on the discussion of batteries….. I’ve never seen this battery recommended before.

Molicel P28B 18650 2800mAh 40A Battery

I guess the extra 5 amp over the P28A is not worth the $3 additional cost per cell?

Kaptan,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Molicel P28B 18650 2800mAh 40A Battery

I guess the extra 5 amp over the P28A is not worth the $3 additional cost per cell?

Amp ratings are often inflated…..

“This 35A rating not a true continuous current rating you can use to compare against other cells. The P28A will get almost hot enough to boil water if run continuously at 35A down to its 2.5V cutoff. In my opinion Molicel rated this cell for its intended use in power tools and other applications where the cells are used only for short periods of time at high current levels.

So while you can run this cell for short periods at 35A I recommend staying at 25A or lower to help improve performance (reduce voltage sag), extend cell life, and reduce the risk of going over the 60°C limit.”

sickmanfraud

I'm sure this has come up before but...you know, 836 pages to search! So, my question is, has anyone found a source for a slightly deeper hard-rimmed basket screen?

As far as the dosing capsules go, I just ordered another set of them from VGEZ. I never use them at home but when I'm visiting friends I go glassless and the caps are just so convenient! I haven't found any problem getting decent vapor with them.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I again reached out to TM asking if there was any updates on Purpleheart/RED for the TM2 and received the following reply (I also wrote them a couple of months ago without a reply and wasn’t concerned at all then):

“Sadly this purple heart production is not going well, wood just keeps changing dimensions and shrinks and we cannot get it into condition that will make a tight fit to the metal panels and not have lightleaks. We really hoped that artificial drying process will speed up things ,but i guess we just either got a material that was really moist or just purpleheart is not suitable for production of TM2. THat being said we are going to explore alternative exotics and another source of PH, but we gonna order small samples first ,because we dont wanna find ourself sitting on bunch of useless wood again .
Please be sure that if ever an exotic pops out ,you can be first on the list and have a pick, i am sorry that we have strained your nerves and patience to this extent but it is a bit the same to us . We are making progress in other departments like Quality Control Testing and did some other small revisions , hopefully it would translate in less warranty cases,so we are really working constatly on making things better .
Thank you very much for the kind words and patience !Have a nice day !”

My nerves aren’t strained, LOL. I’d love a TM2 to compliment my TM and have as a backup. We’ll see. It will take more time for another wood variation, if any at all. We’ll see. I’ll let the TM experts figure it all out. I’ll simply keep enjoying my OG TM - BEST. VAPE. EVER! :peace::peace:

stuey

Does anyone have any recommendations for a smell proof bag for the TM2?

I'm after something that

* Keeps smells in

* Can take a 100mm stem (a bit longer than the stock titanium stem which is 80mm)

* take 2 - 4 5ml glass pots (small herb pots)

* Take 2 additional spare batteries

* Is relatively small .. so takes the above but not too much more as I want this for when I'm out and about, hence I dont want to take the rest of my kit with me.

Look forward to what you guys might come up with

stuey,

imor jones

I'm after something that

* Keeps smells in

* Can take a 100mm stem (a bit longer than the stock titanium stem which is 80mm)

* Is relatively small .. so takes the above but not too much more as I want this for when I'm out and about, hence I dont want to take the rest of my kit with me.

Maybe this one could fit your needs. I have it and its good!

FIREDOG Smell Proof Bag with Lock, Carbon Lining, Odor Proof, for Travel, Black, 20 x 10 x 8 cm, gray https://amzn.eu/d/bZ7ZZDW

imor jones,
Reactions: Wile.E

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

I'm after something that

* Keeps smells in

I bought this bag several months ago and it works well. No smell when you zip it closed, and I keep dirty grinders and smelly stems in it.

RedZep

I again reached out to TM asking if there was any updates on Purpleheart/RED for the TM2 and received the following reply (I also wrote them a couple of months ago without a reply and wasn’t concerned at all then):

“Sadly this purple heart production is not going well, wood just keeps changing dimensions and shrinks and we cannot get it into condition that will make a tight fit to the metal panels and not have lightleaks. We really hoped that artificial drying process will speed up things ,but i guess we just either got a material that was really moist or just purpleheart is not suitable for production of TM2. THat being said we are going to explore alternative exotics and another source of PH, but we gonna order small samples first ,because we dont wanna find ourself sitting on bunch of useless wood again .
Please be sure that if ever an exotic pops out ,you can be first on the list and have a pick, i am sorry that we have strained your nerves and patience to this extent but it is a bit the same to us . We are making progress in other departments like Quality Control Testing and did some other small revisions , hopefully it would translate in less warranty cases,so we are really working constatly on making things better .

My nerves aren’t strained, LOL. I’d love a TM2 to compliment my TM and have as a backup. We’ll see. It will take more time for another wood variation, if any at all. We’ll see. I’ll let the TM experts figure it all out. I’ll simply keep enjoying my OG TM - BEST. VAPE. EVER! :peace::peace:
I feel really lucky that Walnut is my favourite wood.

Dr. G

Old Resident

Thanks for sharing this...also, I really like the burnt wood one they are selling on their website now...has anyone received one of these? I am curious to see more photos.

hoyo77

I'm after something that

* Keeps smells in

i like this company. https://vatra.com

hoyo77,
Reactions: stuey

Laantje

Hi y'all,

I received my Tinymight 2 yesterday and I'm having some problems.

A lot of times when I try to turn it on using the 3x click, it vibrates 4 times and then shows green -> red -> green and doesn't turn on.

Sometimes it does turn on correctly, and I am then able to use it without any problems until I turn it off again and leave it unused for a while. The problem described above keeps returning and I have no clue what is causing it.

Charging gives me a solid red light that always just disappears after a few minutes. I've used the device for around 5 or 6 sessions so it should not be full in just a few minutes.

Any ideas?
Maybe someone here had the same experience :)

Laantje,

Laantje

Is it possible that is it turned down below 3 when you try this?
Nah since I've done some research before I got it, I put it on 6 immediately as I thought it would be the sweet spot for me.

EDIT: Also, when it works it works wonders. I've had some massive hits on dial 6 :)
Its kind of hit or miss whenever I turn it on after not using it for a while. Yesterday before I went to bed it stopped working again and this morning it turned on without any problems.

I hope its just a failing battery.
I've ordered a few extra batteries and an external charger, I'll try the other batteries once I have them.

Last edited:
Laantje,
Top Bottom