TinyMight / TM 2

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Guys, would it be better for batteries if I stop using the device at battery vibration = 1, instead of charging only after the device forces the shut down? Thinking about the same principle as Li-ion batteries from smartphones, although I reckon that our batteries won't reach a complete drain cycle the same as smartphone ones going from 100-0%.

Yeah it doesn't seem to matter much here

andrew`124c41+

Guys, would it be better for batteries if I stop using the device at battery vibration = 1, instead of charging only after the device forces the shut down? Thinking about the same principle as Li-ion batteries from smartphones, although I reckon that our batteries won't reach a complete drain cycle the same as smartphone ones going from 100-0%.

Lithium ion batteries do not have the so called memory effect that one had with earlier nickel cadmium cells.

That said, there is some thought that charging lithium ion batteries to 80% of their state of charge (SOC, essentially capacity) will prolong their life.

I have an app on my smart phone that lets me know when I am at 80 percent. However, the app is not perfect....and I don't always stop the charging in time.

With a Note 9 phone, it makes sense to try and prolong battery life since it is a pain to change the battery. (It cost around 70 dollars where I live to get someone else to do it.).

But with the TM and the fact that we can change the cell out easily and because it uses a resistance coil which requires a fair amount of amperage, personally, I fully charge the cells I use....either in the device or in the case where I keep my TM.

Now, if you happen to keep/use a lot of lithium ion type batteries....they are best stored at less than there full SOS.

I think the storage voltage is 3.8 volts. It may be different for RC lithium batteries. I forget.

But, practically speaking, I would just fully charge your TM and use a good quality, high drain...25 or 30 and be done with it.

andrew`124c41+

Yeah I was a bit drunk the other night when I posted that reply. Apparently I was not being a happy drunk
Dozens lol
Are you serious?
How about a picture of all of the vapes lined up.....arrows with the names would really be interesting and educational for we newbies at the beginning of our collection!

I suspect there are members who also collect strains.....with Jyarz for each one....all labeled with name, THC, CBD, and terpene percentages, expiration date.....and FDA approval seal :-)

(Can you imagine if they actually tried to [ut expiration dates on dispensary jars!)

andrew`124c41+,
  • Haha
Reactions: Petetbay

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Dozens lol
Are you serious?
How about a picture of all of the vapes lined up.....arrows with the names would really be interesting and educational for we newbies at the beginning of our collection!

There are actually threads, for people showing their collection, but if you want to be educated by the different vapes, just read through the different vape threads here... Many of us several dozens in collection ;)

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Dozens lol
Are you serious?
How about a picture of all of the vapes lined up.....arrows with the names would really be interesting and educational for we newbies at the beginning of our collection
That's a fun idea, definitely on another thread. I would love to share my cocktail cabinet set up.

I do share highlights from my collection on my Instagram. I am a few devices behind, including current favorites. I don't bother to share some things like the Xmax v3 pro, etc.

condition

Going back to micro dosing, the best option I tried is the rimmed backet for the 3d XL stem, from the manufacturer. I just tried it and 0.07 is adequate. This basket can be loaded to many WPA for TM and it even is better with a JHook. I recommend it for micro dosing, last week was available as accessory @ 1.5 however now it sold out.

Zipford

I don't think that matters to the batteries, but I have heard that charging at a lower rate is better for them (meaning if a battery has a 2,000 MaH capacity, don't charge at more than half capacity, or 1,000 MaH, and lower is better). My Nitecore defaults to charging my 18650s at 500 MaH, substantially lower than half capacity, so that is how I do it.

Incidentally, I charge my battery once a session starts with 2 vibrations (after that session). Typically I cannot get 4 hits if my TM only vibrates once when I turn it on. For my situation, having the device shut off in mid session is a pain, so that is how I avoid that happening.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Li Ion cells are not that sensitive (compared to for example LiPos). It's okay to charge them full and even store them like that for a while. What cellphone cells don't like is being kept at a charger all the time, better let them discharge during the day on a regular basis. It's also okay to fully deplete Li Ions, because our devices have a battery management that will cut them off at a certain voltage, usually much sooner than the lowest recommended minimal voltage (in case of the Tinymight it's somewhere at 3.2 to 3.4V I believe, I have e cig mods that go as low as 3.0V, so that's pretty conservative).

The only precaution I recommend charging wise is depleting them to half their charge when you want to store them for several months.

Last edited:

andrew`124c41+

I just decided to sand my TM to final grit 220 and treated the wood with oil.

I also used some 3000 grit on the aluminum. I have to probably work on it some more starting with 1500. I can get the edge to change from a brushed aluminum finish to a really shiny one.... looks a bit like stainless! (Don't do this if you like the existing brushed look. Also, use painters tape to protect the wood because when I first started, the aluminum dust gets in the grain and I had to use a melamine foam pad to remove it and resend...painters tape leaves no residue and is easy to remove.)

I also thought of a mod for slippery fingers....tape the aluminum and spray the wood with Plastidip....if the wood is sanded first the Plastidip can be removed later and then resand...might not look so hot but it surely won't slip out of your hands while
vaping in the rain!

(Sorry about the image. Can't seem to find an easy way to load on the fly.)

With respect to microdosing....I put the curved screen mod in followed on top by the usual ring AND screen with my TM calibrated heat wise to red.

With this setup I find I can safely put in loose herb and use the manufacturer's dosing capsules and the smaller ones from POTV without fear of puncturing the screen. Since the manufacturer's dosing capsules are large, I just am careful not to jam it in when using the 14 mm WPA or the 3D long Funny Looking Stem with the internal spikes.
I have developed a preference for the manufacturer's capsule for several reasons. I like the overall mesh design better than the POTV which restricts airflow and is better suited for the V Max Pro in which it is a perfect fit. The TM capsule can take either a large or small dose....I don't find any problem with not filling it up to it's max capacity. I am mostly using a very high CBD strain anyway...but for some others where I do microdose, I find it works well with any of the stems I am using. The TM can deliver such a nice consistent hot air blast that I don't think it matters....I wind up with pretty well spent ABV.

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

Does anyone know if this will work inside the TM?

sickmanfraud,

MedMJ22

I’m new to this and a med user (can’t believe how it is amazing for pain). I just ordered a TM to compliment my Mighty+. I’m looking to get a wood stem from Ed, but want a shorter stem to keep it more compact, which he can do. If the wood stem is usually 3.5” would 2-2.5” be reasonable?

I bought the TM because I only use .05-.07g a night and am sick of using the Mighty+ as a session device. I want to just quickly extract the whole bowl as I use it for pain relief.

GoldenBud

I’m new to this and a med user (can’t believe how it is amazing for pain). I just ordered a TM to compliment my Mighty+. I’m looking to get a wood stem from Ed, but want a shorter stem to keep it more compact, which he can do. If the wood stem is usually 3.5” would 2-2.5” be reasonable?

I bought the TM because I only use .05-.07g a night and am sick of using the Mighty+ as a session device. I want to just quickly extract the whole bowl as I use it for pain relief.
the heater is 70w (Mighty+ uses 43w+-) and the vapor will be present in higher volume than Mighty+, you'll see that you need and want the 3D Stem... the long one...Edstnt is good for WPA i think... or for lower temps...or using with some Insert?

MedMJ22

the heater is 70w (Mighty+ uses 43w+-) and the vapor will be present in higher volume than Mighty+, you'll see that you need and want the 3D Stem... the long one...Edstnt is good for WPA i think... or for lower temps...or using with some Insert?
I ordered a longer one already for when I’m at home and want to use a higher temp. I typically don’t go over 390ish. I use a water piece at home too.

I want a shorter straw for public. I’m going to several weddings this summer (legal states/outdoors) and want something compact for sipping, medium temperature.

Last edited:

danjens

yeah the edstnt stem will be perfect for wedding etc' on low-mid temp!
Big fan of the Ed's TnT stem for my TM (the non-wpa version). I filled the bottom 3rd of the stem with 3 and 4mm boro beads, lock in with a basket screen on either end. I can take hits up to 7 without burning my throat, more than sufficient cooling, better than the 3d stem in my opinion. It's easily pocketed, and durable for out and about use.
Unless I am running through water or glass, boro filled Ed's cocobolo is my go-to stem for the Tinymight.

GoldenBud

Big fan of the Ed's TnT stem for my TM (the non-wpa version). I filled the bottom 3rd of the stem with 3 and 4mm boro beads, lock in with a basket screen on either end. I can take hits up to 7 without burning my throat, more than sufficient cooling, better than the 3d stem in my opinion. It's easily pocketed, and durable for out and about use.
Unless I am running through water or glass, boro filled Ed's cocobolo is my go-to stem for the Tinymight.
that's super cool! how do you clean the stem? Rum or something? I know that Ethanol/ISO 90% +- isn't recommend too much

GoldenBud,
Reactions: danjens

danjens

that's super cool! how do you clean the stem? Rum or something? I know that Ethanol/ISO 90% +- isn't recommend too much
I like to clean my stems pretty regularly, about once a week or about every 5 sessions. I have found that with the stem warm from a bowl, I can hold the stem with forceps or tongs and simply pour boiling water from an electric kettle. I use about 20oz or so and by the end, the hot water is running clear and no residual flavors/aromas.
If I go longer than my normal cleaning schedule, I may put a drop of dawn soap in and shake after about 10oz of hot water, then continue flushing.

At the start of Covid it was very hard to find iso around here so I started using this method for cleaning and have come to really enjoy the simplicity. Definitely don’t do this to clean thin glass pieces though, high risk of cracking

GoldenBud

I use about 20oz or so and by the end, the hot water is running clear and no residual flavors/aromas.
thanks bro! my wooden stem tastes better now! Definately can recommend this method...the wood became a bit drier, but I'll put some oil on it...
edit: damn, didn't know some strain which I've got has a Licorice taste to it! now it's present :lol:

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I’m looking to get a wood stem from Ed, but want a shorter stem to keep it more compact, which he can do. If the wood stem is usually 3.5” would 2-2.5” be reasonable?
I have the regular wood stem from Ed's TNT and two custom shorties. I find that the long one is fine for traveling. It's barely longer and is just a bit nicer to use. The regular is 3.5" and the shorties are 2.25".

@Deg999_ also makes some nice wood stems, if you are looking for different sizes and features.

I've also heard heavily waxing a dirty stem then leaving for a while and buffing off the excess later removes reclaim:shrug:
This is what I do. It works great.

sickmanfraud

I would not soak a wood stem in ethanol. I would have no problem using a brush dipped in Ethanol to clean a wood stem. Rinse with plain water,

sickmanfraud,
Top Bottom