TinyMight / TM 2

Misterhyde

I sent an email to the manufacturer, maybe they can help me enjoy this device. I'm beyond frustrated with it. I did so much research before I bought this, I thought I would love it. I found some calibration steps but I had trouble following them.

Necroticism

Oioioi, it does? I don't have any of these, are they able to hold a cooling unit too?

Yes! Here's some pics:

I have seen some complaints about that – it's important to understand that you can adjust how hard / easy the tube enters and leaves the tube holder by carefully twisting that top ring; the tighter, the more the fat o ring underneath it will be squeezed and the tighter the fit. It's a bit of a delicate procedure and one should make sure the tube is sealed (edit: reasonably) well, but once it's set you'll hardly need to touch it again. I'm pretty sure everyone can find the perfect level of tight for their needs.

So true. Welcome to the club.

Oh, appreciate the tip! Will take into account :cheers:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I sent an email to the manufacturer, maybe they can help me enjoy this device. I'm beyond frustrated with it. I did so much research before I bought this, I thought I would love it. I found some calibration steps but I had trouble following them.
The problems you are having don't seem like a temp adjust (calibration) problem. You have said the device gets quite warm. My guess is you are having an issue with the device getting a good seal on the stem or other air flow problem. That can be hard one to diagnose. If it were working properly you would not be confused about whether or not it was working, I think. I seem to remember a similar issue that turned out to be the internal thin oring that sits above the glass being missing, tho if you haven't had it apart I'm not sure why that would be the case.
Anyway I hope TM has some suggestions for you.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
You end at 6?!? I have been starting at 6 as I don't get much of anything below that.

Don't mind the numbers too much though. I sometimes hang around the lower numbers too, but for the most part I will start at 6 and end at 8 or 8½. Some devices are hotter than others, hence there is the option to calibrate, also all those variables like grind, pack, how hard your draw is etc. do affect the result. That's not to say that you have to jump through hoops to get any result, though.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Round up :). It’s also been stated herein many times that glass varies. My stock TM short stems do, both outer and inner diameters - and I haven’t measured them. I can tell the way they fit into the stem holder without adjusting it, also the way some CU orings fit well and some don’t and the CU tends to slide more easily within one stem than the other. Glass is class but can be a pain in the ass - sometimes.

The TM however rocks every single time :) :peace:

Adobewan

@Misterhyde86 You're probably already aware that there is a 5-7 second heat up period that ends with a slight haptic vibration. If you're starting your draw before that and pulling significantly, you may be cooling the chamber faster than it can heat to proper temp.
Still trying to get you back to DoctorJeckyll86.

Zipford

I think cybrguy is right and you may be missing an oring that is causing sealing issues, though it still seems odd that your ABV would be getting dark. But I haven't heard of anyone getting your results from a properly functioning device, so maybe it is defective in some way (again, most complaints along the lines of what you're experiencing involve a lack of sealing at some point).

Misterhyde

@Misterhyde86 You're probably already aware that there is a 5-7 second heat up period that ends with a slight haptic vibration. If you're starting your draw before that and pulling significantly, you may be cooling the chamber faster than it can heat to proper temp.
Still trying to get you back to DoctorJeckyll86.

I think cybrguy is right and you may be missing an oring that is causing sealing issues, though it still seems odd that your ABV would be getting dark. But I haven't heard of anyone getting your results from a properly functioning device, so maybe it is defective in some way (again, most complaints along the lines of what you're experiencing involve a lack of sealing at some point).
I appreciate you both and everyone else that tried to help me. I have to admit I probably came across pretty pissy in some of my posts. I explained my situation in email to the manufacturer, he responded within a few hours. He was apologetic and said that it didn't sound like my device was functioning properly. He didn't give me any steps to follow, he said he would send me a new unit to try. I guess its possible I got a dud. I thought I could get darker ABV than I could as well, I blasted it on 10 earlier for a good 20-30 seconds and got light brown ABV with green still.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I appreciate you both and everyone else that tried to help me. I have to admit I probably came across pretty pissy in some of my posts. I explained my situation in email to the manufacturer, he responded within a few hours. He was apologetic and said that it didn't sound like my device was functioning properly. He didn't give me any steps to follow, he said he would send me a new unit to try. I guess its possible I got a dud. I thought I could get darker ABV than I could as well, I blasted it on 10 earlier for a good 20-30 seconds and got light brown ABV with green still.

Great, yeah it just doesn't sound like yours was working properly, should not even need to use level 10 etc, so try to start fresh when the new one arrives, hopefully all good! :tup:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Just as another reference point, I normally start at 4 and very rarely go over 6. Often I can get everything I need from the load at 4. I do have the temp range set in the middle, but even still there will be some difference unit to unit.

I am pleased that TM is sending you a new unit so that you can be sure it is behaving properly and your problems can't be behavioral, tho I very much doubt they are. I think soon you will be loving your unit (:o) as much as we love ours...

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
I'm looking to upgrade my portable vape, which is a ghost MV1 now. Haven't ever been super happy with it (which is too bad as I have two) as I struggle to get consistent results from it. For those of you who've used a MV1, is the tinymight a better performer?

Shit Snacks

I'm looking to upgrade my portable vape, which is a ghost MV1 now. Haven't ever been super happy with it (which is too bad as I have two) as I struggle to get consistent results from it. For those of you who've used a MV1, is the tinymight a better performer?

Sorry I have not used the MV1, but it is very consistent, reliable full temp range with the analog dial, replaceable standard batteries, pretty standardized glass stems too so there are a lot of accessories and easy WPA attachment to other glass pieces (hooks or water) very effective heating element with large mass, quick heat up, great efficiency and vapor quality with pure materials!

Zipford

No worries here -- it's not a cheap product and I can see it being very frustrating to have so many people saying how great it is when it doesn't even work for you. I'm glad they're sending you a new unit. I use it on level 6 exclusively, through the stock stem and GRAV upline tasters, and that leaves my ABV pretty dark (besides the green ring along the glass).

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

Shit Snacks

Yeah with the Phineas vigreux stems I am really milking the lowest temps possible even moreso, they can keep up with the finish at level 5 pretty well too! I have a short purple one and a longer lake green one both with tapered mouthpiece, very nice, the glass that goes into the TM is clear and very thick (with a little spike to hold a basket screen in place maybe a half inch down?)
Screenshot-20220502-170917.png

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Bein an older guy who smoked cigs over 30 years I mostly vape through water these days, but that j-hook from the DHGate vendor with 2 bends and nipples (spikes for SS) cools it off enough to enjoy the TM without water. Back in the day I'm sure I coulda gotten by without the water on a straight stem but no longer. I am too cheap to just stay at lower temps so I like to get the ABV a little darker, and I usually do a stir along the way. Most TM users don't seem to do a stir.

If I lived in OKY or someplace where cannabis is dirt cheap or if I grew I might not take the ABV so dark, but it is what it is.

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Wow. At 10 I would be fighting off combustion for sure...
my hits at 10 are typically a bit shorter than when I'm down low. good way to play with the high setting is with the wpa and a bong while using on demand mode, hit the bong and as soon as thin vapour starts let go of the button but keep hitting, it will thicken up before stoping later, can crush .1 in 2 hits with avb the colour of a almond skin:cool:

Shit Snacks

Bein an older guy who smoked cigs over 30 years I mostly vape through water these days, but that j-hook from the DHGate vendor with 2 bends and nipples (spikes for SS) cools it off enough to enjoy the TM without water. Back in the day I'm sure I coulda gotten by without the water on a straight stem but no longer. I am too cheap to just stay at lower temps so I like to get the ABV a little darker, and I usually do a stir along the way. Most TM users don't seem to do a stir.
If I lived in OKY or someplace where cannabis is dirt cheap or if I grew I might not take the ABV so dark, but it is what it is.

For me I never want to take it dark, because I prefer the lower effects and flavors, it's not about money, getting the most out of a bit, but yes I am lucky to live a place where it is very accessible and I am fortunate to afford plenty... I use my TM through water a bit, for quick ripper one hit bowls, higher times, sometimes I get dark extraction depending on the setup and the herbs, but I have other vapes I prefer for this style of use, I really like milking my TM most often!

And yes right angle bends to the most for cooling, the Phineas stems can't compare to a triple right angle hook let alone one with spikes as well ;) but the simplicity of a stem on its own is very nice for when I someday take my TM out and about!

And yeah I always get visible vapor at level 1 , all my first hits really regardless of the setting, or the exact piece, if you know what to look for... Despite the automatic nature of having temp settings, the way you use them is still very manual with variable control!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Balance. There’s no right or wrong with different temps. Most TM users find their sweet spots and there are lots of options - stems, cooling (water, boro balls, etc.), and lots of different folks with their own aspersions how to vape (short hard pulls versus longer, gentler sippy pulls). All good! Find what works for you. The TM delivers for MOST. It’s a fantastic vape! I’m mostly still on the native use honeymoon too 2+ years later - I enjoy it with the native stock short stem and hollow cooling unit. Suits me fine! Love it! Eventually I’ll get to the external and other cooling options (I have options at hand, just don’t use them much). The TM is so simple to use I use it natively and love it that way.

I get visible vapour at 1 and top out at 10 if I'm so inclined :lol:
I can’t say I’ve ever tried on 1 and starting at 4 always works for me with my style (10 second gentle draws), getting nice taste the first couple of draws and perhaps a third for one session (another 2-3 draws between 5-6 to finish things off). Decent clouds throughout and AVB consistently a medium brown. I could go darker meaning using a higher temp but I’m good. It’s routine at this point - and it’s awesome! I’ll try it on 1 but I can’t imagine getting any vapor that low. Everyone is different though (see above) - all good! :peace:

Top Bottom