TinyMight / TM 2

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
stainless steel scouring pad

I would stay away from it, simply because they are not meant for cooling and most likely come with additives that make it less ideal / dangerous for cooling things we like to inhale. This thread generated a ton of different cooling options with glass pieces and balls of various kinds, materials that are easier to find in a medical grade quality.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I wonder if one could dump the cooling unit...or maybe half of it, and just stick in some stainless steel scouring pad...you know what I mean...I wonder if this would provide adequate cooling.

If you mean a stainless steel concentrate pad from various manufacturers, which do kind of look like that, but not an actual scouring pad, yes, that is actually what the couch log uses for cooling unit, but yes there are also a lot of options to stick inside the cooling unit instead of the current design...

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
If you mean a stainless steel concentrate pad from various manufacturers, which do kind of look like that, but not an actual scouring pad, yes, that is actually what the couch log uses for cooling unit, but yes there are also a lot of options to stick inside the cooling unit instead of the current design...
If you are looking for a pad that fits, try the Xvape Fog concentrate pads ,they are 12 x 5 mm https://www.vpm.com/xvape-fog-vaporizer/.
I use them more with my TUBOx and CBD isolate,but they also work in the TM ,too .
I clean them in the Ultrasonic cleaner inside a iso baggie.

andrew`124c41+

Where do you get concentrate pads?

andrew`124c41+,

andrew`124c41+

See above, there are a lot of options, a lot of vape manufacturers sell them, just look around if the above does not work for you!
Thanks. I did not see that before. I thought to either totally ditch the innards of the cooling unit or leave one. I assume you would need a bunch of these pads assuming they are made out of stainless, to absorb the heat. Looks like they sell them one in a package.

andrew`124c41+,

Zipford

I've thought several times about getting myself a Tiny-Might, but due to a few reviews I've read I've been a little hesitant. Is a Tiny-Might probably not the best choice to use as your main device, like being used multiple times a day? Would a TM probably serve better as a vape that you'd just use a couple times a day and then have something that can handle having multiple sessions a day ran through it?

Some of the reviews I read were saying how the TM was a great and heavy hitting device but it did require a good bit of maintenance to keep everything inside clean and working good after a few sessions. ((Kinda made me think of the Pax, as in a good, heavy hitting vape that also needed a good cleaning after just a few sessions. And it wasn't really a fast and easy clean up either. ))
I think that is a misimpression, because almost all of the gunk associated with vaping is confined to the glass stem, which is fairly easy to clean.

Other than faulty units, the only other main issue I am aware of is oxidation of the battery contacts. But again, you can gently rub the bottom contact with an eraser to clean that and the battery cover is easy to wipe down with ISO. You don't need to take the unit apart for this. And it's not true that this kind of maintenance is needed every few sessions -- I've used mine daily for months with zero need for maintenance. Not heavy daily use, but still.

And what I really love about the TM is there is no drop off in taste over time. Obviously every given load of herb will start tasting like popcorn halfway towards being spent, but the device itself does not acquire that taste/smell over time, like some others do, because the vapor only travels through the stem.

sashka69

Now I fully understand that the new TM board DOES have a 4 level battery gauge - but it's different compared to my old TM.

My old was:
3 clicks to activate TM and TM responds with 4-1 short vibrations depending on battery level.

New Board:
3 clicks to activate TM and TM responds with 3-0 short vibrations depending on battery level. So there are 4 levels too!

0 vibrations? Yes! It was at first kinda annoying that I did 3 clicks to activate TM and there were no vibrations but the led was blinking... But that's how it is. I have to get used to it.

mistergyro

My unit stopped heating the other day. I wasn't even stressed about it because of this thread and the do-it-yourself fixes so I felt confident that I could fix it myself.

So tonight I just unscrewed it a bit, shoved a bit of ss screen under the metal strip and screwed it back shut. It took all of 5 minutes and it's warming my hands like brand new again. Thanks FC!

:peace:
i felt the same way and tried the same but it didn't work for me. had to send back then within a month it happened again and still couldn't fix it on my own. sent it back again and now playing the waiting game. my evo just went out as well and the company just went under. man when it rains, it pours. what can u do?

i love the tm but was hoping i wouldn't have to send back for repair twice. at least they're upholding the warranty but hope you peeps don't have to go through the same as me. the turnaround time from US isn't fast. also you really shouldn't have to rig the unit for it to work properly. hoping they can make some corrections on an updated release. i'm hoping they send me a new one instead of trying to fix my dud. fingers crossed

mistergyro,
So the weirdest thing happened.

I figured out after 2 months why my TinyMight underperformed (imho) now i would say it betas my Dyna in cloud production with comparable loads. (I still kill a bowl in 1-2 hits)
I loosened the ring around the stem. Usually i twist everything tight but i forgot about it and it became loose as i was twisting the stem in and out.
Usually i get almost no vapour. Now huge clouds... I have no idea why that is though but i have to keep it mega loose.
I start at 6 and clean up another hit at 8. Cashed.

Now im trying to tune my stem with more ruby perls but its hard to get them in EU for a decent price. Would 4mm or 6mm be preferred?

HashOnMyMind,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

I figured out after 2 months why my TinyMight underperformed (imho) now i would say it betas my Dyna in cloud production with comparable loads. (I still kill a bowl in 1-2 hits)
I loosened the ring around the stem. Usually i twist everything tight but i forgot about it and it became loose as i was twisting the stem in and out.
Usually i get almost no vapour. Now huge clouds... I have no idea why that is though but i have to keep it mega loose.
I start at 6 and clean up another hit at 8. Cashed.

Now im trying to tune my stem with more ruby perls but its hard to get them in EU for a decent price. Would 4mm or 6mm be preferred?

Ok, 1-2 hits... what is the weight of the load?

mulciber

Rec'd my TM today and I'm appropriately astounded. One quirk, and I know I came across something on this when I was auditing this thread a while ago: After using it in on-demand mode, I must click 6 times rather than 3 to turn it off. Has anyone come across an explanation for this?
Thanks!

mulciber,

condition

Usually i get almost no vapour. Now huge clouds... I have no idea why that is though but i have to keep it

Screenshot-20220222-223506-Xodo-Docs.jpg

If you tight too hard, you displace the oring
Captura-de-ecr-2022-02-22-222110.jpg

check this post/video from @BubbleDrop

Makes sense, ty!

At lvl 6 my TM basically oneshots my basket bowl.
Not sure i might inhale way to long and deep. (I go as long as my lungs can take it)
Im currently running 7x 6mm sapphire spheres and two screens holding them in place.
It cools alright but more balls would probably be nice as at the end of my first super long draw it hurts for sure haha.
Still feels smoother than Dynavap+MVS as that seems to tickle in the back of my throat and i hate that as it makes me cough mid draw. :lol:

HashOnMyMind,

mpaulc

Hey hey friends.
Faithful TM down on this sad eve. Hoping y’all can help. Was mid-use after a clean — standard set up — and noticed the cooling unit was sliding around loose in the glass pipe. (Time to change rubber bands)

But because I still had material in the tube, I used a a pencil’s eraser end to press the CU back down into the tube. Well, I musta pressed too firmly, because suddenly the CU depressed further than usual, and immediately the material inside started smoking and sparking. Yikes!!

Took the tube out, and yep: things looked different inside. I assumed I musta pressed a screen down where it shouldn’t have gone?But when I took it apart — more carefully than ever — I didn’t really find any missing screen.

When I completely remove the bits from the glass-tube chamber, I can see a metal mesh screen of sorts directly over the cooling unit. But it’s not an easily removable piece. Or a familiar one.

So I reassembled, but something isn’t right. It’s sorta working, but it keeps combusting. Material is clearly falling onto that last hot mesh bit and catching fire. Almost like I’m missing a screen or something?

Last, I could have sworn that in normal circumstances when I would peer down into the empty glass tube chamber, I would see a white (plastic?) square of sorts, sticking out from a screen or something? Apologies, my TM has been trouble free for ages, so I haven’t looked down there in a while. I could just be confusing pics I’ve seen of the bare heater.

Any ideas? I probably just don’t have it assembled right?

Thanks so much to alllllllll.

mpaulc,
  • Sad
Reactions: enrarit
Top Bottom