TinyMight / TM 2

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
thank you for this tip.
Has this worked for anyone?

The heater does not wear out, there are other tips here, contact related, for a sudden loss of power, you could try those... But yeah if you're only using one battery and it's been the same battery for over a year, it could be time to replace it regardless as well!

Zipford

thank you for this tip.
Has this worked for anyone?
I have not done it personally, but having read hundreds of pages of this thread, this definitely did work for some people. The battery contacts can sometime oxidize (maybe not the correct term) and this scrapes them clean again.

Zipford,

mistergyro

The heater does not wear out, there are other tips here, contact related, for a sudden loss of power, you could try those... But yeah if you're only using one battery and it's been the same battery for over a year, it could be time to replace it regardless as well!
what's the best replacement battery? anything better than stock?

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
This has worked for me several times. It has saved me the work of disassembling and reassembling.

And the Molicells are also my favorite batteries for this device.
With or without the battery inside? Not sure it cleans or scrapes anything on the batt but I do recall this fix or adjustment herein before several times, just don’t recall if it’s suggested with or without the battery inside. I may try it soon myself! :peace:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
With or without the battery inside?

This fix is not about the battery or its contacts, but the contacts that sit on the bottom panel.

I never had to clean or scrape anything off my batteries, be it in the TM or my various e cigs, I don't think it's necessary to consider any oxidation layers or whatever. If a cell is faulty for whatever reason, it should be replaced.

Edit: forgot to reply to the actual question. :-) I would remove the battery just to be safe.

Last edited:

TeaCup

@SixStringToker @Seantagon @karec

Turns out the variance is in the VapeXhale baskets. Just got 'em in and at first I was bummed because only 1 of them fit snugly in the Tiny OG stem. But I have 4 different stems for my TM - so another one fit snugly into a different straight stem, another was Ok, and the last fell out. So I'm happy with this purchase. Appreciate the help from you guys and appreciate the mod SST (good punk record label by the way, lol)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
With or without the battery inside?
As @Siebter says this is not about the battery, and I usually remove the battery before opening or even unscrewing the TM. That probably isn't necessary but I tend to baby this device. I DO occasionally clean the battery contacts by rubbing them on my jeans, the same way I occasionally clean the battery cover, especially when the battery shows a circle of wear. Can't hurt and could help.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
As @Siebter says this is not about the battery, and I usually remove the battery before opening or even unscrewing the TM. That probably isn't necessary but I tend to baby this device. I DO occasionally clean the battery contacts by rubbing them on my jeans, the same way I occasionally clean the battery cover, especially when the battery shows a circle of wear. Can't hurt and could help.
I swap batts a lot with my TM and I do lightly clean the batt contacts, cover and the contact at the bottom of the vape, with a touch of ISO - the battery cover more frequently since I do swap batts a lot. I’ll remove the batt if I do the slight unscrew of the Torx as suggested above. Thanks! I never clean the batteries themselves.

I tried a different strain this morning and I got vapor when I could hardly get any with a different one on the same temp. I think my TM is fine, for now and well mostly always :love: and I’ll keep an eye on this. But overall an easy thing to do should I decide - with the battery out :). :peace:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Nothing wrong with cleaning battery contact ends.

Good tool I use, FIBERGLASS SCRATCH BRUSH:

ONE REVIEW:

“I was looking for a scratch brush to clean Edge connectors on electronic circuit boards. I refurbish antique electronic equipment and some of the electrical contacts I come across are badly tarnished and corroded. This scratch brush did the trick! It cleaned contact pads nicely. It was an inexpensive and does what it it is designed to do. It's small enough to fit and my shirt pocket, morning my toolbox.”

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I swap batts a lot with my TM and I do lightly clean the batt contacts, cover and the contact at the bottom of the vape, with a touch of ISO - the battery cover more frequently since I do swap batts a lot.

I mean... okay, why not, but I find this quite a bit over the top; I'm using 18650s for years now and usually will have to swap two to three cells per day. None of my devices battery contacts has ever seen any iso, one battery mod I own is about four years old. I'm not saying what you do is wrong, but I don't think it's necessary. [Says the man who always removes the o rings of his cooling unit before cleaning it... :-) ]

I tried a different strain this morning and I got vapor when I could hardly get any with a different one on the same temp. I think my TM is fine, for now and well mostly always :love: and I’ll keep an eye on this. But overall an easy thing to do should I decide - with the battery out :).

I finally bought a Torx T20 and gave it a try, just out of curiosity, not because I thought my TM was lacking in performance. The procedure itself is easy, though afterwards I wasn't too sure if it even changed anything, but after a while I do actually think it upped the performance by a noticeable bit or notch.

RustyOldNail

Well, the 4mm stainless steel spheres have arrived
I put 13 inside a half cooling unit, with a screen preventing the holes from blocking. And the original CU screen in the other side
For me it's more than approved...they maintain a good airflow and work better than the nut and washers... on top of that, half a cooling unit is more than enough! If you want more cooling use the complete cooling unit

PXL-20211015-151342607.jpg
PXL-20211015-151437798.jpg

PXL-20211015-152515913.jpg
PXL-20211015-174602556.jpg

PXL-20211015-174502812.jpg

Thanks @dzoinp
I’m going to play with this setup.

At the US link below, you can get SS 316L balls in 3-4-6mm sizes.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: boon

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Thanks @dzoinp
I’m going to play with this setup.

At the US link below, you can get SS 316L balls in 3-4-6mm sizes.

Hi @RustyOldNail
I advise you to buy the 5mm ones...
I think it takes a 7 or 8 in half of the CU
I bought this kit and I've done a lot of experiments...the 5mm ones are my chosen ones

dzoinp,
Reactions: Momor

RustyOldNail

Hi @RustyOldNail
I advise you to buy the 5mm ones...
I think it takes a 7 or 8 in half of the CU
I bought this kit and I've done a lot of experiments...the 5mm ones are my chosen ones

@dzoinp

Didn’t see 5mm offered from that link, too late now, already ordered 3mm & 4mm, I like the SS316L over SS304.
What’s wrong with your initial recommendation of 4mm size?
I may try filling the entire CU, not just 1/2.

Last edited:
RustyOldNail,

Djsleepy

I have found the stems I have dedicated to having ball setups( glass or ruby ) stay cleaner way longer than stock CU ; and taste stays as long as well. I like to have them available as my out and about stems. I use 3 and 4 mm balls.

on another note I believe they just replaced my overheated/ no longer heating unit as I’m getting a delivery tomorrow and they just got it on last Monday. Love that first hit!

florduh

Anyone know if smaller balls would lead to more draw restriction? I like those big airy TM hits but I’d be curious to try it with a little more restriction.

florduh,

florduh

Thanks guys. More restriction might be good. More cleaning... maybe not. Although I’d imagine all ball setups are easier to clean than the stock cooling unit.

florduh,
Top Bottom