TinyMight / TM 2

zor

Thanks @Sour Dream ! The glass tube and metal washer with a ridge that i have aren't shown, so this helps identify which pieces don't go in before adding the top metal piece back on. I was putting the screen in first!

zor,
Reactions: BigJr48

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
I appreciate the updates they’ve made since the TM’s release and they’ve at least partially addressed a lot of the small issues it’s had, so I can’t see why keeping that screen from being pushed into the heater hasn’t been a higher priority… :disgust:
yea i feel like it wouldnt be that difficult to solve either lol
Thanks @Sour Dream ! The glass tube and metal washer with a ridge that i have aren't shown, so this helps identify which pieces don't go in before adding the top metal piece back on. I was putting the screen in first!

i think i got some pics of that too in my other post from the last page but @Bad Dog is right, the metal washer ring thing goes first and the glass sits on that. I never removed my oring cuz i heard its not fun to put back in

SquirrelMaster

I have a Tinymight that has a broken glass tube which encases the heater coil. Since I didn't buy it from Tinymight, I'd expect to pay to have it repaired if I mailed it back. I'd like to avoid mailing if possible. I've taken the unit completely apart and removed the broken glass and heating coil. Anyone have any luck in making such a repair? What was your process? Anyone have a broken Tinymight you'd want to sell the protective heater glass tube and heater coil? THX!
You can get a replacement here https://tinymightvape.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=72

Shipping on accessories is pretty slow unfortunately as they don't use DHL like they do for the devices themselves.

Momor

so I can’t see why keeping that screen from being pushed into the heater hasn’t been a higher priority… :disgust:
I don't see how it's possible to push that screen by accident. In 1,5 year of usage it never happened to me and I'm not carefully at when I insert the stem.
I just now took out that screen+ ring to try to dislodge it with the stem and it's almost impossible accept if is at a certain angle and it's impossible for the stem to get in that angle when inserted in the unit.
I think it's like entering the calibration mode by accident, it's due to some kind of black magic, héhé.
And by the instructions of TM, the screen on @Sour Dream picture is facing wrong side up, but I know it's sometimes subject to debate 😉

Edit: that screen may be shown wrong side up on first picture but may be installed right side up (wide side of the ring) in the unit on the subsequent pictures ?

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
I don't see how it's possible to push that screen by accident. In 1,5 year of usage it never happened to me and I'm not carefully at when I insert the stem.
I just now took out that screen+ ring to try to dislodge it with the stem and it's almost impossible accept if is at a certain angle and it's impossible for the stem to get in that angle when inserted in the unit.
I think it's like entering the calibration mode by accident, it's due to some kind of black magic, héhé.
And by the instructions of TM, the screen on @Sour Dream picture is facing wrong side up, but I know it's sometimes subject to debate 😉
I just quickly took it apart and put it together wasn’t worrying about the small details since bad dog had already told him the correct orientation.

the screen isn’t hard to push in when you consider the variance in the glass sizes + the oring. Sometimes you have to push harder to get past the oring when using different stems and after you get past a certain point the resistance disappears but the force you are using might not.
My old wpa adapter OD was bigger than my others. It only takes a slight angle to push the screen from there

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I don't see how it's possible to push that screen by accident
Oh it’s possible. Been there done that once or twice. If you overpack a load past the edge of the stem it could move the screen. Or perhaps using a brush to clean things out could also move the screen. It’s not ideal but it can and has happened to me a few times. Lessons learned. Just be careful with the screen, that’s all. And the screen ring should be wide side up too.

A few of us use beads in place of the nuts and washers with the cu top and bottom keeping them in place.
I’m currently using the cooling unit without the nuts & washers. It’s been several weeks after using the CU with the nuts & washers for over a year. I don’t use beads or boro balls and seldom any external cooling of any kind (I’m a big native user & like to keep things simple, mostly). Without the nuts & washers I’ve simply been using lower temps (as I’ve done recently with all my vapes - just trying something a little different). Vapor production is less on lower temps but I still get decent clouds. The TM however still delivers without the nuts & washers and with the lower temps. Such an amazing and versatile vape - and most of us already know that :):peace:

zor

Put my stained unit into session mode (without a mouthpiece) and cranked to 10, left it going for 5+ minutes and oh boy, there's definitely a foul odor and flavor coming from it. I don't feel safe using this at all.

There's a reason why I don't dabble with things I don't know enough about, and it's been a while since I've been taught a lesson by my inexperience; this is an expensive and somewhat frustrating one but such is life. Time to order a new one.....

cheeseholidays

What were y’all’s experiences with how long they take to ship? Not in a particular hurry, just wondering?

cheeseholidays,

Momor

Oh it’s possible. Been there done that once or twice. If you overpack a load past the edge of the stem it could move the screen. Or perhaps using a brush to clean things out could also move the screen. It’s not ideal but it can and has happened to me a few times. Lessons learned. Just be careful with the screen, that’s all. And the screen ring should be wide side up too.
Good points. I see now :tup:
Does anyone use dosing capsules with their Tinymight? I'm wondering if my Rogue capsules will fit.
I use mighty/crafty capsules with great success (but you have to be super careful when inserting the stem on top of it to not dislodge the screen we're talking about just above) :2c:

JCat

Accessory Maker
Put my stained unit into session mode (without a mouthpiece) and cranked to 10, left it going for 5+ minutes and oh boy, there's definitely a foul odor and flavor coming from it. I don't feel safe using this at all.

There's a reason why I don't dabble with things I don't know enough about, and it's been a while since I've been taught a lesson by my inexperience; this is an expensive and somewhat frustrating one but such is life. Time to order a new one.....
Maybe ask them if you can buy just a body? I'm sure they would service this for a fee as well (ie. replace the body)

You could theoretically sand the stain out, but depending how deep it penetrated, that's likely more work then it is worth.

zor

Yeah @JCat I thought about asking to order just a body or try sending the unit in, but at this point I'm ok waiting for a new one and using the old one for parts. I dunno how the workload is over in TM land but there are certainly other customer service requests which are far more important than me trying to undo my idiocy.

2minTurkish

What options are there for aftermarket stems that have good cooling? I quite like the stock long stem with the cooling unit, but wouldn't mind trying options with beads, spikes, etc. (beads are of particular interest)

@JCat hit up @508phineas, he makes these awesome stems that fit in the TM. https://www.instagram.com/p/COiP7PDHuV1/?utm_medium=copy_link. No need for the TM CU. It also has the added benefit of being a 19mm adapter since it has to be used upside-down (you'll need some rimless baskets). The, @Shit Snacks, SPIKES are going to be pointed opposite way when you use it, but they still provide a good amount of cooling. You can also throw some beads in there. I wouldn't reccommend anything under 5mm else there tends to be too much draw restriction.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
What options are there for aftermarket stems that have good cooling? I quite like the stock long stem with the cooling unit, but wouldn't mind trying options with beads, spikes, etc. (beads are of particular interest)

@purepotstill I think is going to let us know about this spiked stem option in France... Otherwise the best bet is still to use a WPA with a jayhook or other female cooling mouthpiece like from Oregon Glass Blower (sidecar hook! or others) or Phineas vigreux tube (female version until he makes a dedicated TM stem someday) Beads you just need to do yourself, get the ditanium mp

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
@purepotstill I think is going to let us know about this spiked stem option in France... Otherwise the best bet is still to use a WPA with a jayhook or other female cooling mouthpiece like from Oregon Glass Blower (sidecar hook! or others) or Phineas vigreux tube (female version until he makes a dedicated TM stem someday) Beads you just need to do yourself, get the ditanium mp
I totally forgot about that

Top Bottom