TinyMight / TM 2

mrhansen

Ops. I never opened the CU but I always let it inside alcohol for about 20 minutes. I don't have noticed a performance decreasing in two month of using. But I'm gonna open to see what's inside...
For me, the best point of this vape and why I'm using it over dynavap, crafty, argo and pax2 is because IMO the taste is better, decreases more slowly and I can vape for much more time than the others.

Brewervapesalot

Ordered a second unit:shrug:

Put it through its paces in a larger bubbler/bong. Milaana adapter. Works well. Simple 18 mil connection is slick and easy to use. Vapor is not quite as dense or milked as what an Evo would do, but still very big clouds and plenty potent.

Tiny Might shines the most as just a great portable. Long or very short draws and consistent big clouds, on demand. The Tiny Might does what I thought a solo would do the first time I tried one, but was sorely mistaken.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
The cooling unit sucks, mod nipple or multiple path stems or something for cooling please :D

Didn't much bowls in the original stem with the cooling unit, maybe 10, max 15. At this point the cooling unit wasn't barely movable any more in a cold stem, it stucks in the resin.

When I read about fitting RBT stems (sadly not all fit) I started experimenting, using Lamarts bent stem connected to the RBT stem as my favourite setup now. When I used the original stem today, there was a noticeable lack of vape density and taste from the very beginning. Switched the load to the RBT stem after some draws, much better.
Opened the cooling unit and it's covered with so much resin already, surprised me after this few bowls. As good as the unit cools, as much resin it seems to catch, leading to reduced airflow, taste and potency quite fast :(

Wow, that sounds like a bummer!

I wonder if it's possible to adjust the CU, say, by removing one of the nuts and/or washers?

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

Here`s a link to a TM discussion some may find informative:

https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/6073/tiny-might/p2#Comment_134452

Fat Freddy,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
The more cooling the more condensation, the more condensation the more reclaim... this is where the question about the ease of cleaning comes into play. And unfortunately nearly all cooling solutions are a PITA in that regard. Be it metal spirals, glass balls or impossible to reach nooks and crannies, you name it, it's all problematic in some way.

So far what I like the best is the RBT long 18mm straight stems, which are basically 18mm joint blanks, uncut, straight out of the glassware supplier. They provide adequate cooling and are the easiest to clean. But... well, they feel completely out of place on a small portable. They probably wouldn't even fit in that device nope?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Probably because they have everything, but the one you linked wouldn't help ;)

@Shit Snacks loving the play by plays! Great way to start the new year. The darker ring that happened when using without the CU and using a basket screen is this present at all when using the CU ? Does using session mode reduce the ring at all? I have another vape that uses a very similar coil design and it's plagued by the ring. Maybe I can fix it when my TM with extra CU arrives

Thanks for experimenting and sharing your results! :rockon:

Thanks dude, I think I've finally stopped keeping track now lol

For the ring, like most hotspots in convection vapes the predominant cause is probably a fast hard draw. It does appear in cooling unit without basket as well it seems, however I am indeed drawing pretty fast and hard somewhere above level 6 for the final hits typically without even checking the load first... And when I dump it out, as you can see in my previous photos, everything is still extracted thoroughly and evenly aside from that area being a little overcooked. Which by the way, using convection without stirring it makes sense that the half of the load closer to the heater is going to be darker than the half underneath it (that's why a dump out and reload in reverse can be such effective stirring). Then the hot spot results in a fast heavy draw, in this case I think having it be a ring like this is demonstrating how even the extraction is... Like I'm not seeing green specks in the herb just mostly one solid brown color, aside from the darker edges. The center doesn't end up black, but it is fully extracted, maybe more precisely even. If you hit the bowl at 10 you can probably get the whole thing evenly black?

Anyway I have not settled in on a slow steady draw technique for flavor preservation or even extraction here, it is open flowing and can keep up very well, the power settings are effective though obviously relative. One of the most pleasurable things about Tinymight is how simple and easy it is to enjoy, though far from perfect overall, the user experience and vapor quality are honestly just so impressive!

Last edited:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I think the cooling unit works well for what it is and can be easily taken apart and cleaned. It is really just nuts and washers but functionally it works for its purpose.

A little issue messing with the washers and such but i have like 50 extra so no worries really.

Brewervapesalot

Wow, that sounds like a bummer!

I wonder if it's possible to adjust the CU, say, by removing one of the nuts and/or washers?

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

Here`s a link to a TM discussion some may find informative:

https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/6073/tiny-might/p2#Comment_134452

ELB's help keep gunk out of cooling unit.

Also, glass makers, I want a glass stem with glass screen built in. I bet the cooling unit would not need its silicone gaskets and would work just fine.

If the cooling unit is stuck, just heat it up or run under hot water.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
And unfortunately nearly all cooling solutions are a PITA in that regard. Be it metal spirals, glass balls or impossible to reach nooks and crannies, you name it, it's all problematic in some way.

The TMs cu not so much – just let it sit in iso for a while, rinse, done. I checked afterwards by disassembling it, it's actually enough to make it spotless. Since then I just leave it as it is.

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
my order has been marked complete since 12/21/ but no shipping confirmation email. I have to admit , I'm getting a little jealous :huh:... thankfully my Stempod Si arrived today to help me thru the next week or two.

MonkeyTime

Lol every ABV pic posted in here kinda suggests otherwise. I guess that's pretty typical of stem vapes though.

At 7 if I honk on it, I can leave an incredibly dark, distinct ring with the cu in place.

Above 6 I'm finding a stir needed if I want to finish a shallow load. At 6 I can work it slow and go without, but I'm finding myself using 6-6.5 with a shallow bowl, hitting it once or twice, give it the dump-stir-repack like @Shit Snacks was talking about and finishing it in another 1-2 hits. It's been replacing my GH pretty well for small, fast, get it done sessions.

I think the vibration is a great feature, I wouldn't mind if it's feedback was just a bit heavier handed but I can work with it as-is just fine.

Short stem with the cu is all I need. Every day or two I drop the cu in iso without the o-rings, pull it out the following morning and rinse. I've also opened it after a soak and it was spotless, but I was also using 99% iso :ko:

I really wish I hadn't mentioned my cu showing some reclaim earlier. It really sparked a useless discussion. I don't think it's any worse than anything else that works this well. And this thing is versatile, if you don't like it such as our friend above who's also running hash, there's a world of options for setting it up.

I'd love to see some more glass made to the stock mouthpieces spec's. I've got plenty 18mm glass to play with, but a male that fit the cu would open up a lot of options!

In the meantime I'm looking for larger o-rings...

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Also, glass makers, I want a glass stem with glass screen built in. I bet the cooling unit would not need its silicone gaskets and would work just fine.
Would any of the HealthyRips (and the like) stems fit? I’ll bet the Fury ones are too narrow (which I have) but perhaps one for the Fierce which is bigger?

It's been replacing my GH pretty well for small, fast, get it done sessions.
That’s what I hoping for too - another option for quick sessions, not that I don’t love my Hopper. I do now that it’s fixed. But the Tinymight does so much more and, from what I’m reading herein, does nearly everything right. Very few complaints so far and can’t do much wrong. A decision by around... 4/20... will be made. I hope the manufacturer can keep up with demand - I think this will be a big seller. :peace:

LongDraw

Still very much enjoying mine.

Really the only thing i am working on now, is to start playing with the temp and draw speed. Primarily just stayed at level 6, works well in two sittings 2 to 4 hits each sitting for about a .1 gram load.

The other night i did test out using only the bottom part of the CU with the screen. Wasn't bad, warm, which is kinda what i was looking for for more feedback on hit strength, but after 2 or 3 hits it was just to warm.

Then i tried the bottom and top of the CU together, but without the nuts/washers, and same deal, to warm after a hit or two on the throat.

Both the above was the short stem, don't really care for the lenght of the long stem.

FYI, just checked mistvape site and they are selling a 5 pk for 20 bucks again. Just put in an order, doesn't seem like i got charged for shipping, was 20 even through paypal.

Don't know if the capsulses will be needed, but Sibeter's post he linked seemed like they are good to have and worth trying.

Also, my two other batteries should be here tomorrow. Lately i have just used the bat that night, next day charged. My charger shows how many mahs it puts back in, and after 3ish bowls, 4 to 6 hits each bowl, was about 650 mah gone. The first night or so with 5 bowls or so, and some playing with it, was more like 1500 mah replaced.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Has anyone dropped a VapCap into the TM tube to see if it can act as a real-time heater. No CU's, basket screen only.

TommyDee,

Shit Snacks

Would any of the HealthyRips (and the like) stems fit? I’ll bet the Fury ones are too narrow (which I have) but perhaps one for the Fierce which is bigger?

Nope too narrow, haven't tried my HealthyRips stems, but did try my old Solo bent stem, which is wider than all the HR stuff, and it does not fit. With another o-ring or some silicone it could seal though, as the size is otherwise perfect...

Has anyone dropped a VapCap into the TM tube to see if it can act as a real-time heater. No CU's, basket screen only.

Not sure what you mean by basket screen only? But are you asking if the TM can heat a VapCap instead of a torch or induction heater? Because that'd be a total waste of energy (and TM) imo

TommyDee

Vaporitor
The heater protector basket in place, yes. The VC is just another load. The cap becomes optional. I'm thinking a VC can solve the ease to access the load for a stir. Twice now the comment on stirring has been expressed as a less than optimum operation. It will need an o-ring or something to draw air through the heater. Easy enough to do though.

I don't do torches and IH draws 60 watts. TM will definitely be more efficient even in this configuration.

Last edited:
TommyDee,

Shit Snacks

The heater protector basket in place, yes. The VC is just another load. The cap becomes optional. I'm thinking a VC can solve the ease to access the load for a stir. Twice now the comment on stirring has been expressed as a less than optimum operation. It will need an o-ring or something to draw air through the heater. Easy enough to do though.

I don't do torches and IH draws 60 watts. TM will definitely be more efficient even in this configuration.

Ah heater screen doesn't look like a basket to me, but I haven't opened it up. I also meant it is a waste to try to use it to heat the cap since it is not designed for that... So you are saying use a vapcap stem and bowl as your stem and bowl? Yeah it is way thinner so obviously would need silicone to seal, o-ring could work for Solo stems, but not for something so narrow? Also shouldn't even need to stir a bowl that narrow and tiny at all, but it may not heat right, airflow wise... BTW my comments about stirring have mostly been not to bother, that it is not necessary, more than it being inconvenient (obviously it is less easy to check bowl for stir than a ground glass joint stem vape is all)

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I should have stated it simpler... Use the TM as VC log.
It's possible if the VC fits in the glass, which I assume it does as the ID is ~12mm, VC is a bit over 10mm w/ cap
This technique does require a seal at the top of the draw tube which is simple.

Just an option. And no, not just a VC option. I mean any free-mating chamber that fits within the TM stem like you would use with a vape log.
I've been after a smart log for some time. TM even looks like a techi-log :rofl: Just saying... more possibilities.

TommyDee,

chuloquiles

I’ve had this vape for a week now. And it’s been impressive. The battery life is better than the crafty+ considering the drain with in demand usage. I’ve seemed to mitigate the dark ring issue but packing a little tighter packing with a slower draw. When I first received the unit I ran it at 6-7 then bumped to 8, this was before use with a water pipe. More on that in a sec.
on the go I realized it was kind of a bitch to keep repacking, having to have bud ground and ready, in a container, then the unit and stem stored too. I have a small dime back padded case so all the things were stored and close by on the go. Just having to open unpack and just to pack a bowl the first three days was a hassle. Until I dialed it down to 4-5 same pack and draw speed and what do you know the efficiency really shines.
If anyone has an el8tr by 7th floor you can insert the tinymight stem with an o-ring from the crafty, into the wide base, it creates a seal, then that to a water pipe. This thing rips and keeps up. I use session mode with the bong. I think I’m going to order a second unit to stash.

Shit Snacks

I should have stated it simpler... Use the TM as VC log.
It's possible if the VC fits in the glass, which I assume it does as the ID is ~12mm, VC is a bit over 10mm w/ cap
This technique does require a seal at the top of the draw tube which is simple.

Just an option. And no, not just a VC option. I mean any free-mating chamber that fits within the TM stem like you would use with a vape log.
I've been after a smart log for some time. TM even looks like a techi-log :rofl: Just saying... more possibilities.

:lol: that was not really simpler at all to me, however I think I finally got it now lol

The TM already is like a portable log, similar to the other handmade convection vapes that came before it... Part of the plus is having a larger bowl, there are some that use smaller size like the standard log (which itself had varying sizes, VB used VC as stem though?) but I'm sure someone can and will mod for a narrower load (for me that is not very desirable though?)

I'm not sure if a vapcap would fit in the standard stem as you describe, but they're all metal now right? That would definitely change things, I don't know everything about it seems to change it for the worse to me lol Sorry even now that I understand the goal, I really can't appreciate the desire for it I guess? My VC is a novelty though...

TommyDee

Vaporitor
It is my gears churning up the VAS that has me blurt these things onto the stage. I have two goals when I order my TM... and I'll get it from KGW, 1) to shrink-fit a permanent wooden mouthpiece to the short stem and 2) work out the best-log-quick-load/hitter on a stem - preferably one-piece glass for the long stem with some kind of passive seal.

TommyDee,

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
It is my gears churning up the VAS that has me blurt these things onto the stage. I have two goals when I order my TM... and I'll get it from KGW, 1) to shrink-fit a permanent wooden mouthpiece to the short stem and 2) work out the best-log-quick-load/hitter on a stem - preferably one-piece glass for the long stem with some kind of passive seal.
No offense meant, but it seems before you even have the vape you're trying to come up with modifications. Why? I work in technical design which requires knowing details, not assuming x, y and z. Hats off to @Shit Snacks for responding to every scenario you've thrown at him, while the creativity is great it is unfortunately derailing the thread with hypotheticals, the majority of which seem to not be feasible.

dudeguy

On the topic of hypotheticals :haw:: It would be cool if someone would create a glass WPA adapter for the TM so it fits standard 19mm bubblers.

dudeguy,
Top Bottom