TinyMight / TM 2

SquirrelMaster

@clive_bob
Are you in the USA? That six weeks does not include the two weeks you didn't notice the attachment correct? I guess that's not too bad of a turn around but I'd like to see it shortened. A week in Finland at most plus shipping both ways would be ideal. Are you given an explanation of what what done to your unit or if it was entirely replaced?

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: MonkeyTime

Djsleepy

FYI I just got mine back after problems with the haptic buzz. It was 6 weeks round trip. He attached a prepaid shipping label that I did not notice after waiting a couple of weeks for a reply. I emailed him asking nicely for its return after he had it about a month, several days later he replied it would be shipped very soon. It arrived about a week later.

Also, he included 4 or 5 glass stems and a couple of dosing caps.
I dont like six weeks but a few extra stems is always good( you see no CU’s lol) , I don’t need caps. I’ll reach out if not received in two weeks like he said. Hopefully no reason to.

clive_bob

FYI I just got mine back after problems with the haptic buzz. It was 6 weeks round trip. He attached a prepaid shipping label that I did not notice after waiting a couple of weeks for a reply. I emailed him asking nicely for its return after he had it about a month, several days later he replied it would be shipped very soon. It arrived about a week later.

Also, he included 4 or 5 glass stems and a couple of dosing caps.
@clive_bob
Are you in the USA? That six weeks does not include the two weeks you didn't notice the attachment correct? I guess that's not too bad of a turn around but I'd like to see it shortened. A week in Finland at most plus shipping both ways would be ideal. Are you given an explanation of what what done to your unit or if it was entirely replaced?
I am in Iowa. Correct about the two weeks. He replied to my original question by saying to send it in for repair. When I checked shipping rate it was over $100 one way. I did not notice the attachment with a prepaid shipping label in his email so I waited a couple of weeks for his reply. From there it was 6 wks.

Question for you...I bought a replacement battery on Amazon that is not working in my TM. On the side it says:
US18650VTC6 C6
G 1521781BE07M 144
Murata INR19/66

Is it the wrong battery? When I insert, the TM buzz 4 times, lights and shuts off. Will not start.

clive_bob,

SquirrelMaster

I am in Iowa. Correct about the two weeks. He replied to my original question by saying to send it in for repair. When I checked shipping rate it was over $100 one way. I did not notice the attachment with a prepaid shipping label in his email so I waited a couple of weeks for his reply. From there it was 6 wks.

Question for you...I bought a replacement battery on Amazon that is not working in my TM. On the side it says:
US18650VTC6 C6
G 1521781BE07M 144
Murata INR19/66

Is it the wrong battery? When I insert, the TM buzz 4 times, lights and shuts off. Will not start.

As @PossumMD said, don't buy batteries from those two store fronts. There are way to many counterfeit cells to know if you're getting something good. My guess (if I understand you correctly) is that the Tinymight can tell the battery is full but it's not letting it power the heater because it knows it can't provide the required power. If you've used other cells without issue it's not like it would be user error and I would safely dispose of that cell and buy something from a well know retailer. I do not mess around with these batteries or the consequences can be dire.

Go check out Mooch's recommended batteries and when you click on the pictures there's a list of good retailers. I am personally a big fan of http://www.18650batterystore.com especially if you're located in Canada (they're in the USA but offer the best shipping north of the border).

SquirrelMaster

They are not scratches and they are not machining marks. This sort of cross grain occurs naturally where a branch meets the trunk in my experience doing a little wood working. I kinda like them :shrug:

I have one small mark like that on my Tinymight and the surface is smooth as butter so in my case I figured it was the grain of the wood. You know your wood better than me so if that's something that can occur naturally I don't see the problem. I'm guessing it might look more appealing in person and if you like the look that's even better.

I'd take a block full of knots and worm holes over a plain jane block any day personally. Give me whatever mother nature produces, it only adds personality imo.

Well guys I finally got my backup unit with the wpa. Wow! wpa is a game changer for me. It really proves you can't out suck the calories of this heater. Two thumbs up, this is the unit I use to convince combusters that there's another way. This is the one my wife likes to hit.

SquirrelMaster

Well guys I finally got my backup unit with the wpa. Wow! wpa is a game changer for me. It really proves you can't out suck the calories of this heater. Two thumbs up, this is the unit I use to convince combusters that there's another way. This is the one my wife likes to hit.

I let a co-worker try my Tinymight pre-COVID (late February-early March) when I first got it and then I hadn't seen him until a week ago. He had ordered a cheap vape and I was asking him about and then he asks "do you still have that wood vape, that thing was awesome!" I can still see is eyes going wide as he really hauled on it and blew out a much bigger cloud then he was expecting. Yeah it rocks through water and there's no babying required, suck as hard as you want and it'll keep up.

clive_bob

US18650VTC6 C6
G 1521781BE07M 144
Murata INR19/66

There was no paperwork included so I don't know what they did. I'm sure it is my original. I think they replaced the small o rings.

what is wpa/

clive_bob,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
They are not scratches and they are not machining marks. This sort of cross grain occurs naturally where a branch meets the trunk in my experience doing a little wood working. I kinda like them :shrug:

When I saw that pic originally I was going to say I actually kind of like it, it adds character but wasnt sure how you felt about it so didnt wanna rub it in or anything lol...plus I'm sure it looks a bit different in person as well!

clive_bob

@clive_bob WPA stands for Water Pipe Adapter.
I think I have a couple of those he sent me after enduring slow customer service. I haven't considered additional apparatus because the TM draws so nicely as is. Hesitant to have the mess of a water pipe. Your opinion?

Sent an email today to TM to request a shipping label as my one of my TMs is need of repair. I fear this is going to be a long process. I wonder how long before a response.

Friday I emailed Davinci twice. With the first email I received a response within 2 hours (not days) and the second email was answered in under an hour. They offered a great Black Friday price for my second IQ2. I placed the order online. Received an immediate confirmation. Yesterday (Sunday) I received a shipping notice.

Look, I love the TM, however I cannot stand the drama. The IQ2 was considerably less money and medicates just as well as the TM (subjective, I know). At the end of the day, if pricing between the 2 were close, and if customer service was similar to Davinci. I would most likely recommend the TM. At this time I very much appreciate the outstanding support provided by Davinci. Plus extremely fast shipping. And - the IQ2 works very well for me. This has become my go to vape (along with my Splinter).
I recently received the return of my TM from repair. It was about 6 wks round trip. I sent one nice email pleading for return and received it about a week later. He threw in 5 stems and a couple of dosing caps.

Flat! I wish we could use button 'cause those batts I believe are protected.
What 18650 battery should I buy as backup for my tinymight? I bought one online that is defective.

clive_bob,

LabPong

@clive_bob try to post all your questions/comments in 1 post ....instead of back to back postings.....there are some rulz that stipulate this.

As far as the cells go......stick with the Sony/Murata VTC6's that came with the TM. You can try others....but make sure they have enough max amp draw ratings....like 20a +. Some 15a cells will work....but will drop off early....so at like 20-30% power level...they may not have enough power to keep the vape going at top heating levels. I found this with the Samsung Q30 cells first.

Other are using:
LG-H2 blue or brown wrappers ( i do with no problems).
Molicel P26A
Sony/Murata VTC 5D

Sources in the US: (most of us use these)
www.imrbatteries.com
www.liionwholesale.com
www.18650batterystore.com

vapviking

Old & In the Way
What 18650 battery should I buy as backup for my tinymight? I bought one online that is defective.
We are usually discouraged from 'back-to-back' posts.
For some hours after you have made a post, you have an option to 'Edit' the content, so if you have something new to add (or change) you can use that feature, and avoid the back to back thing.
(Sorry, I'm not a TM owner, I don't know specific battery to recommend, @SquirrelMaster gave you a good pointer, above. I think the SONY vct6 is probably good, but don't take my word for it!);
Go check out Mooch's recommended batteries and when you click on the pictures there's a list of good retailers. I am personally a big fan of http://www.18650batterystore.com especially if you're located in Canada (they're in the USA but offer the best shipping north of the border).

Vaporware

I think I have a couple of those he sent me after enduring slow customer service. I haven't considered additional apparatus because the TM draws so nicely as is. Hesitant to have the mess of a water pipe. Your opinion?
I don’t have a TinyMight yet, but I do use others through water (or dry glass). If you’re comfortable with your TM as it is, there’s no need to mess with it. :)

You might be able to get even bigger hits and it could help if your vapor feels too dry, but it’s not something everyone really needs with the TM.

SquirrelMaster

I really like going through water or even dry through a J-hook. You lose a little flavor with more percolation but it's so smooth. It's good to have the option so I have a WPA for nearly every device I own

He threw in 5 stems and a couple of dosing caps.
I want to highlight this because it's happened a few times. If the Tinymight really didn't care about after sales support they wouldn't be tossing in freebies like this. This lends to the argument that they're drowning in demand.

In adding to Labpong's battery list, I believe the Sony VTC5a should also work fine. Input anyone?

Go with the VTC6 as a minimum. It's a good cell, and the device was build around it so it's always a safe bet. The HG2 or 30Q should work in theory but like @LabPong said he had issues with the 30Q and the HG2 is an older cell that may not keep up with the demands put on the battery from the programming of the Tinymight. Any of the recommended unregulated cells from the link I posted earlier like the 26A, VTC5A, VTC5D, 20S, 25R earlier should work as well you'll just lose out on some capacity. I'm big on Molicel not just because it's the top pick from that list but also the attitude of the company towards users like us. When I placed my last battery order I grabbed a couple extra VTC6's to use exclusively in my Tinymight as well as ten 26A's that I'm using in my Mi2, Mi3, Tetra P80 (just arrived!), FW7 (incoming), LV Paranormal 250C, Tera V3 and future Nomad 2. I keep one pair married for the dual cell devices.

Once demand dies down and/or they expand their operations to keep up I wouldn't mind a dual battery Tinymight. It's not on my wish list and I'd want to see the current Tinymight refined first (to fix its quibbles) but there's probably a demand so hey why not right?

PossumMD

I don't think we need to go to dual 18650s yet, but if the industry switched to 21700s we'd get more bank for our buck without the units themselves increasing in size by a lot. Single 18650 mods are in fashion again cos of pod mods, but a number of ecigs come in 21700 size these days. Heaps more walking around time...

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I want to highlight this because it's happened a few times. If the Tinymight really didn't care about after sales support they wouldn't be tossing in freebies like this. This lends to the argument that they're drowning in demand.
Indeed, I got a free long stem with my unit back in May. Now I didn’t place the order as I bought mine new from @VapeKnight who forgot he accidentally ordered a second and offered it to me. Still, he does care. It’s been an unusual year to say the least and he is mostly still a one-person operation. The few times I’ve emailed about an accessory order or issue (both of mine which I resolved on my own) I’ve gotten a response within a week. I know a few recently haven’t been as fortunate but I do believe he’s trying his best in good faith.

Off to see the... Tinymight! :leaf::peace:

clive_bob

I really like going through water or even dry through a J-hook. You lose a little flavor with more percolation but it's so smooth. It's good to have the option so I have a WPA for nearly every device I own

Go with the VTC6 as a minimum. It's a good cell, and the device was build around it so it's always a safe bet. The HG2 or 30Q should work in theory but like @LabPong said he had issues with the 30Q and the HG2 is an older cell that may not keep up with the demands put on the battery from the programming of the Tinymight. Any of the recommended unregulated cells from the link I posted earlier like the 26A, VTC5A, VTC5D, 20S, 25R earlier should work as well you'll just lose out on some capacity. I'm big on Molicel not just because it's the top pick from that list but also the attitude of the company towards users like us. When I placed my last battery order I grabbed a couple extra VTC6's to use exclusively in my Tinymight as well as ten 26A's that I'm using in my Mi2, Mi3, Tetra P80 (just arrived!), FW7 (incoming), LV Paranormal 250C, Tera V3 and future Nomad 2. I keep one pair married for the dual cell devices.

Once demand dies down and/or they expand their operations to keep up I wouldn't mind a dual battery Tinymight. It's not on my wish list and I'd want to see the current Tinymight refined first (to fix its quibbles) but there's probably a demand so hey why not right?
So if I understand you correctly, the best performance will be from a Sony VTC6? I don't understand the ratings of batteries and how they relate to the TM...is more a. better? Is there an optimum amp rating?

Indeed, I got a free long stem with my unit back in May. Now I didn’t place the order as I bought mine new from @VapeKnight who forgot he accidentally ordered a second and offered it to me. Still, he does care. It’s been an unusual year to say the least and he is mostly still a one-person operation. The few times I’ve emailed about an accessory order or issue (both of mine which I resolved on my own) I’ve gotten a response within a week. I know a few recently haven’t been as fortunate but I do believe he’s trying his best in good faith.

Off to see the... Tinymight! :leaf::peace:
When his hardware is the best we'll tolerate other shortcomings.

Top Bottom