TinyMight / TM 2

vapepilot

could someone please tell me if the wider or the thinner side of the oven ring comes up?

I had just disassembled and cleaned my TM, but I don’t sure at now :(

vapepilot,

vapepilot

wider side up.
Thanks

and will report that someone which got his TM short time ago tells me that his metal tube is made of steel and not aluminum like mine three i have by mine 2 Tinymights which i bought over a half year ago

So i think the maker has change this. but you probably already know that :shrug:

for me steel is very much better

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Thanks

and will report that someone which got his TM short time ago tells me that his metal tube is made of steel and not aluminum like mine three i have by mine 2 Tinymights which i bought over a half year ago

So i think the maker has change this. but you probably already know that :shrug:

Wide side up for me too.

Thanks for letting us know about the change in the tube. I know mine is metal which sits in front of the glass tube liner, not sure what type of metal mine is. Perhaps his supply chain changed due to the pandemic? How old is your unit?

I wonder if there’s any significant difference between a steel and aluminum tube. Sure they may be subtle differences and just wondering out loud. Cheers. :peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: vapepilot

vapepilot

Wide side up for me too.

Thanks for letting us know about the change in the tube. I know mine is metal which sits in front of the glass tube liner, not sure what type of metal mine is. Perhaps his supply chain changed due to the pandemic? How old is your unit?

I wonder if there’s any significant difference between a steel and aluminum tube. Sure they may be subtle differences and just wondering out loud. Cheers. :peace:
my devices are 7 and 8 month old, i am only using one which works very fine without any issue

vapepilot,
Reactions: Tweakz

SquirrelMaster

Thanks

I did not know, thank you for sharing :tup:. I always prefer stainless steel or titanium to aluminum if possible. Either way, the aluminum isn't in the vapour path just the air path but it's a good change in my mind.
I would think a very small group of people, if anyone at all, could tell the difference. Maybe if you had an allergy to aluminum in the air path but not stainless steel? I don't think any of the other differences between the two would make a difference for what the part does.

LabPong

500 bucks for 1 working TM that may malfunction and be subject to poor customer service and a potentially long delay for repairs ? I respect your choice - but this scenario isn't for me. A Mighty can be had for under $300 BTW.
So you are saying that every TM will have problems....and the only way you can get one to work is to have more than 1?

I have 3 TM's and a once used Mighty.....I never touch the mighty and all my TM's work perfect.....I did fix the minor problem of a weak contact from the battery strip which was super easy with the right star bit driver.

I'm wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy ahead of using a much lessor vapor quality vape that is the Mighty!

Reality.....BOOM.......vape minds blown...........

Marlox

Maybe if you had an allergy to aluminum in the air path but not stainless steel?
There is a widely spread "Aluminumania" in germany, since scientists found evidence for aluminum causing various health-issues from Alzheimer's disease to cancer. There is a film out there, called "Die Aluminium-Lüge" (the aluminum-lie) and since then, many people are overanxious regarding aluminum, especially regarding things like food, vapos and so on
Storz&Bickel has changed their volcano-accessories therefor, too. Not because it was necessary, but to soothe the people out there ;-)

As long as there is no abrasion or acid involved that could dissolve the aluminum and thereby make it absorbable for the human body, there is no reason to worry about aluminum at all.

Mine is from 18.11.2020 and it has a stainless steel tube.
If you can't tell from the look or if you are not sure what your tube is made of, the stainless-steel-one weighs 10.4grams and is veeery slightly magnetic

SquirrelMaster

There is a widely spread "Aluminumania" in germany, since scientists found evidence for aluminum causing various health-issues from Alzheimer's disease to cancer. There is a film out there, called "Die Aluminium-Lüge" (the aluminum-lie) and since then, many people are overanxious regarding aluminum, especially regarding things like food, vapos and so on
Storz&Bickel has changed their volcano-accessories therefor, too. Not because it was necessary, but to soothe the people out there ;-)

As long as there is no abrasion or acid involved that could dissolve the aluminum and thereby make it absorbable for the human body, there is no reason to worry about aluminum at all.

Mine is from 18.11.2020 and it has a stainless steel tube.
If you can't tell from the look or if you are not sure what your tube is made of, the stainless-steel-one weighs 10.4grams and is veeery slightly magnetic
My aversion to aluminum is not based on substantial scientific evidence, more of a "playing it safe" if possible. Alzheimers patients for example have higher levels of aluminum in their brain but it hasn't been proven that that's coming from their environment at least not to the best of my knowledge. Honestly sleep is a huge and proven contributor to the potential for Alzheimers as less than 7 hours doesn't give your body time to "heal" itself. There's a Joe Rogan podcast (#1109 with Matthew Walker iirc) that talks about the important of sleep if anyone is interested.

S&B use aluminum in everything still afaik. The bowls, the dosing caps and even the screens. I would say I notice a taste difference but that could just be the Hybrid heating.

I could tell the difference if you blinded me and handed me either tube but I'm familiar with weight. To the untrained hand (?) it would be hard.

In the end, whether you have a new or old device it's not in the vapour path which should please even the skeptics.

Marlox

Don't get me wrong. I would NEVER take maaloxan, eat fish wih lemon-juice from aluminum-foil, or even let me be vaccinated with auxiliaries, as everything of that will put serious amounts of aluminum in your body.
And indeed i believe it will harm you noticeable in the long term.

As you said:
If there would be lots of abrasion, that could lead aluminum particles in your lung and from there in your stomach, where gastric-acid will be present, i would think about that. But nothing is touching the tube, so nothing will be abraded, too.
So there is nothing wrong with that aluminum-tube.

I must admit, i am glad to have a stainless-one ;-)

btw
I didn't mean you when posting the weight of the ss-tube, just wanted to help others that may have a harder time identifying the material.
English isn't my native language and so it's sometimes difficult to say what i really mean^^

SquirrelMaster

btw
I didn't mean you when posting the weight of the ss-tube, just wanted to help others that may have a harder time identifying the material.
English isn't my native language and so it's sometimes difficult to say what i really mean^^

No problem, I figured I knew what you meant. Your English is excellent! It's better than a lot of native speakers.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Maybe the steel insert is a one off, ran out of aluminum stock. With only one report of this change, be curious if new deliveries confirm this material change?

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Vaporific

Marlox

Maybe the steel insert is a one off, ran out of aluminum stock. With only one report of this change, be curious if new deliveries confirm this material change?
My bet is:
Some people were complaining regarding the "aluminumania" and therefor he changed the material.
You don't voluntarily turn such thin stainless-tubes if you can do it from aluminum ;-)

Marlox,
Reactions: Bad Dog

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
First tinymight received October 4, second tinymight received November 30 with steel insert. Somewhere between October and November he made the change. I've also noticed on my second tinymight the button seems perfect and I have no trouble turning it off and on unlike my first tinymight which usually takes 2 attempts to turn off but always turns on with 1 attempt, though I can't discount myself as a variable and perhaps I'm more intoxicated quicker than I think I am and the fault is my own lol the tinymights ability to medicate is no joke.

Tried the dosing capsule last night and I had some issues. The stem that came with the tinymight and the 2 long stems I ordered don't seem to fit the capsule and are too big and it just falls out because it's lose, but I tried the capsule anyway and the results were pretty much the same as I had read, the tinymight punch 🤛 is substantially diminished and upping the temperature is required, making for a more drawn out session but the avb was very even. I have to try it with my original long stem that makes a super tight seal with the capsule but being able to remove it is more difficult.

2 months in and the honeymoon with the tinymight is still underway and seems like it will continue for a while. Also tried the 3 in 1 wpa and I wasn't a huge fan, the draw resistance is quite notable vs my rbt stem and the load is closer to the heater vs where I put my screen in the rbt stem. At temp 10 crushing .05 in one hit leads to some charing on the top of the bowl unlike my rbt stem which is perfect brown avb. I think the 3 in 1 will be fine for my mom who takes smaller hits and doesn't max out the temp but I also got her the 18 stem.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
2 months in and the honeymoon with the tinymight is still underway and seems like it will continue for a while. Also tried the 3 in 1 wpa and I wasn't a huge fan, the draw resistance is quite notable vs my rbt stem and the load is closer to the heater vs where I put my screen in the rbt stem. At temp 10 crushing .05 in one hit leads to some charing on the top of the bowl unlike my rbt stem which is perfect brown avb. I think the 3 in 1 will be fine for my mom who takes smaller hits and doesn't max out the temp but I also got her the 18 stem.

Just kind of kicking some ideas around...

I could be entirely off base here, but this part has me wondering. Outside of the other differences like draw resistance, the charring part itself got me thinking.

The RBT stem is keeping the flower further away from the heater, so it would make sense to me why a level 10 with that would maybe be saved from charring vs the OEM stem keeping it closer to the heater. That just makes me think it's not receiving the same amount of heat vs the stem actually doing anything to reduce the charring on the flower.

Which also makes me think, you could maybe get the same effects say, on level 8 with OEM vs level 10 with RBT? Perhaps a difference in efficiency? Flower should char at temp X (flower temp, not heater temp) so that should pretty much be a constant no matter what stem. Obviously a lot of different things go into flower temp, grind consistency, pack density(re: airflow), the flower it self, ambient temp etc etc.

In other words, maybe you dont NEED to max out the temp when using the OEM stem or 3-1 WPA?

I didnt notice any abnormal resistance with my 3 in 1 WPA but then again I've only used it a couple of times and my bubbler is restrictive as it is so I wouldnt be expecting a free flowing pull anyway.

Djsleepy

unlike my first tinymight which usually takes 2 attempts to turn off but always turns on with 1 attempt
See thats how mine was and after a week of my hard use button gave.... but always wondered if button was supposed to act that way ....like sometimes it responded and others it didn’t till finally boom. But all those unnecessary button presses i had to do probably did not help matters. Glad to no it wasn’t just mine!

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
In other words, maybe you dont NEED to max out the temp when using the OEM stem or 3-1 WPA?
You are probably right and I should top out at 8-9 with the 3 in 1. The thing is being a micro doser I want to get every single bit of my meds, I only fill the basket screen (roughly .05) and because it's so tapered most isn't in contact with the glass sides and is free floating in the middle of the stem so I get very even extraction and with my screen placement in the rbt stem I just get perfect mahogany colour avb at 10. I'll probably only use the oem with my larger beaker bong which is 14 but I'm a creature of habit and will mostly use the rbt.

Glad to no it wasn’t just mine!
Mine has been that way since I got it, tried everything from slowing my presses to doing them rocket fast, doing 4 pressses, trying to be as accurate, precise, repeatable as possible but nothing seems to help but I also think it hasn't gotten any worse and the button feels the same but I'd say it's at least 35-40% of the time it takes 2 tries and never more than 2. Hopefully he just sends you a new tinymight with the updated metal tube, my second tinymight button is very good, always works first try and wiggles less in the housing

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
You are probably right and I should top out at 8-9 with the 3 in 1. The thing is being a micro doser I want to get every single bit of my meds, I only fill the basket screen (roughly .05) and because it's so tapered most isn't in contact with the glass sides and is free floating in the middle of the stem so I get very even extraction and with my screen placement in the rbt stem I just get perfect mahogany colour avb at 10. I'll probably only use the oem with my larger beaker bong which is 14 but I'm a creature of habit and will mostly use the rbt.

Mine has been that way since I got it, tried everything from slowing my presses to doing them rocket fast, doing 4 pressses, trying to be as accurate, precise, repeatable as possible but nothing seems to help but I also think it hasn't gotten any worse and the button feels the same but I'd say it's at least 35-40% of the time it takes 2 tries and never more than 2. Hopefully he just sends you a new tinymight with the updated metal tube, my second tinymight button is very good, always works first try and wiggles less in the housing

Ha I feel you on being a creature of habit.... even for myself there are a few things I want to try with my various vapes but I "never get around to" a lot of them...usually because I just go with the old tried and true.

BrianTL,

Djsleepy

Mine exact to the detail same thing here....lol..... yeah I sent email for update been there two weeks. I hope I get solid button this time, but either way I just miss my TM.....:ugh:

Djsleepy,

ezpz

This is my favourite new way to use TinyMight.
It's $11 from DHGate - an 18mm 'nectar collector'. The water stays in there at any angle!

For some reason it's much easier to pull with this mouthpiece.

Maybe I can use the TI nail as a 18mm whip adaptor.
I love this setup. I use a 14mm one, dry, no CU, with the 3 in 1 WPA. It rips hard with very smooth, robust vapor. It's my on the go, but still in the car, preferred way of using my TM.

Tweakz

5-EB3-C3-F4-D995-4806-9868-952365-B9-C9-AB.jpg

finally came to me a wonderful wood stem from @Ed's TnT . very beautiful and high-quality work.
works with tm perfectly.

Top Bottom