TinyMight / TM 2

SquirrelMaster

So if I understand you correctly, the best performance will be from a Sony VTC6? I don't understand the ratings of batteries and how they relate to the TM...is more a. better? Is there an optimum amp rating?

I wouldn't say it'll give you the best performance compared to those other cells I listed but the battery will last longer before needing to be recharged. The other cells with a higher rated discharge (A) have the ability to deliver more power (like a sports car) but the Tinymight itself acts like a governor to "limit max speed". There's more to it then that but I'll stop there. Grab one or two VTC6's and you'll be set. Make sure the extra cells you buy are in a protective case or silicone sleeve when not in the device. You wouldn't want it in the same pocket as your keys or loose change for example or bad stuff can happen.

That's a great video @RustyOldNail and it shows what makes the VTC6 a good cell. I never heard an update on the longevity of the VTC6 but mine seem to be holding up well. The best way we could see how the Tinymight treats these cells is to buy a new one and compare with the old.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
So...the weekend is getting close and I made a small treat, I trimmed my gelato and used my ISO resin extract I gathered from my HT...
I'll call it... moshrock ;) and I'm going to keep it for a late night knockout with the TM :D

20201202-174058.jpg

Other than that, a few notes:

1. I finally put a screen in the 3/1 WPA and yeah its better I admit. I might felt the taste difference in my first hit, but honestly, its pretty much that same and now with less mess, you don't actually need a safety pin, I never realized until recently how easy is to clean a screen with just one or two q-tips and some 99% ISO alcohol, its like new in seconds - when I have the screen the small glass holes do not get sealed so that nice.

2. I feel very dumb when I asked about removing the CU from the screenless side, I guess I felt I apply to much force and it bound to break the glass? its very easy to pull it out and I've used the arizer pick tool which is very small, which makes it pretty good for on the go - I'd rather carry that and capsules than carry a few ready to go stems.

3. Do you guys actually use a coin to open the battery cover? I think I tried doing that on my first try and scratched the lid just a tiny bit, but why use a coin? its quite easy to apply pressure on the lid and just spin it to open.

4. If you made it until here and you still don't own a TinyMight, what the hell are you waiting for? :)

clive_bob

I dont like six weeks but a few extra stems is always good( you see no CU’s lol) , I don’t need caps. I’ll reach out if not received in two weeks like he said. Hopefully no reason to.
You might send him an email asking that if he is going to include a gift due to the delay, you'd love to have a CU.

clive_bob,

Djsleepy

He probably wont read the email until 3 weeks after @Djsleepy gets his device back anyway lol so that may be pointless too...
Man @BrianTL thats exactly what I was thinking, I just want a good running unit and if I get freebies great! But maybe I lay it on a little thick ( 😂) when I email him in a week , if I get no news that repair is on its way! I do believe to give him at least the time he’s quoting and then reply with email for further info, this way he’s not anymore overrun by emails than he is....

Bazinga

I wonder what constitutes "overrun by emails". After all, if the defect rate is as small as some on this forum suggest, then this could not be an excuse for not returning emails in a timely fashion because there just aren't that many requiring repair. I'm certain TM is also receiving requests for purchases. Overall, and I know I should stop beating this dead horse, TM needs to get his house in order. For me personally, 50% of my orders were defective. Sorry for the rant !!!

PossumMD

Yeah, something fucky is up with the failure rate being so low, yet being snowed under on the cs front. To my mind anyway. For what it's worth, I didn't get a new number when I submitted my ticket what feels like a lifetime ago.

PossumMD,
Reactions: arb

LabPong

The post edit time is 6 hours.

In adding to Labpong's battery list, I believe the Sony VTC5a should also work fine. Input anyone?

Yes the VTC5a will work fine.....

The diff with the A and D VTC5's.....are that the A has 30a max @2600mah ....and the D has 25a max @2800mah.

I wonder what constitutes "overrun by emails". After all, if the defect rate is as small as some on this forum suggest, then this could not be an excuse for not returning emails in a timely fashion because there just aren't that many requiring repair. I'm certain TM is also receiving requests for purchases. Overall, and I know I should stop beating this dead horse, TM needs to get his house in order. For me personally, 50% of my orders were defective. Sorry for the rant !!!
yes that horse has died a thousand times over.......

But keep in mind......no one has any idea of failure rate of the TM........unless you know exactly how many have been made and then sold.

Yea......he does not know how to package well at all....any of the thin glass pieces besides the draw stems....were broke on 2 shipments for me. But that glass replacement piece for the stem tube....is not at all needed. There is no diff in vapor quality at all.

So I would ask him to wrap up the glass MORE THAN USUAL in your order comment section. lol

Marlox

No matter if failure rate is high or not... He is not only doing service, but also production, development, research, logistics...
And, maybe some forgot that, i am pretty sure he does live a life, too ;-)
No one should judge here, as no one knows whats's really happening there. Everyone here may get his own idea of that company, and so everyone may decide to buy or not to buy. But judging from afar... i don't think that will help anyone. Jm2c

PossumMD

I don't think I'm being entitled to expect some sort of customer service after sale. I've bought from plenty of one man operations, and they can manage it, why can't this outfit do the same?

LabPong

I don't think I'm being entitled to expect some sort of customer service after sale. I've bought from plenty of one man operations, and they can manage it, why can't this outfit do the same?

He does not really speak english.....his customer base is majorly in US.........not the same as dealing with others. But as Marlox says......no one knows exactly what the manu's operation or life is really like.

For me....I'm' not here to bitch and complain every other page! (not singling out anyone here...just general observation) Some seem to think this will prompt a difference or the manu will jump and correct all the CS problems........that right now is not happening and it has not happened in a very long time. (obviously we hope that does a 180 soon!)

For now...let's try to help each other out and fix little things that we know are fairly simple issues to fix with basic tools.....this will go far to get others vape working again and spread the knowledge of this vape and how it functions.

I am here to help if I can and be a cheerleader of some sort....but that is because this vape is so good and I reach for it more than any other vape I have.....and I have many.

Djsleepy

He does not really speak english.....his customer base is majorly in US.........not the same as dealing with others. But as Marlox says......no one knows exactly what the manu's operation or life is really like.

For me....I'm' not here to bitch and complain every other page! (not singling out anyone here...just general observation) Some seem to think this will prompt a difference or the manu will jump and correct all the CS problems........that right now is not happening and it has not happened in a very long time. (obviously we hope that does a 180 soon!)

For now...let's try to help each other out and fix little things that we know are fairly simple issues to fix with basic tools.....this will go far to get others vape working again and spread the knowledge of this vape and how it functions.

I am here to help if I can and be a cheerleader of some sort....but that is because this vape is so good and I reach for it more than any other vape I have.....and I have many.
And let’s not forget how 2020 has been GREAT for everyone! It’s created issues for us all, especially in manufacturing.
But there is no doubt IMO that this is a vape worth waiting for!

Ripstar

Because, I am willing to bet this thing is selling at a quicker rate than any you can list....

clive_bob

I'm assuming his business model goes something like this, I'm a one-man shop. I have limited time to pump out as many units as I can and make as much $ as I can before a competitor comes out with a better product. The accessories cost me very little so I'll put off spending time on zero profit repairs as long as possible then throw in the accessories hoping to appease those waiting too long to get their units back.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I just wanted to say that my TM still kick ass as day one. As far as the CS side goes,i offered my help couple of months ago and got an answered from David that they got things handled and there is someone on the job.While i understand not wanting help from "strangers" cause of the GDPR rules and sharing sensitive info,they for sure need to bump up on staff.IF that is a possibility in the current condition of the operation and covid on the background is another question,in Finland minimum wage is 400% of what is offered in my country.. I also have the same observation as @LabPong do we need to start a TM bitching thread :D...?

SixStringToker

Naked member
3. Do you guys actually use a coin to open the battery cover? I think I tried doing that on my first try and scratched the lid just a tiny bit
A coin will work, but yeah, it will mar the aluminum over time. I use thick guitar picks; they work really well. The FitBit Zip Battery Cover Tool almost feels like it was made for it:

Bazinga

I'd rather buy 2 TM with only one working 100% than buy one Mighty for about the same cost. I like the Mighty; I love a working TM. Does that make me elitist? Probably. Still, I like what I like. And that is what I ended up doing.
500 bucks for 1 working TM that may malfunction and be subject to poor customer service and a potentially long delay for repairs ? I respect your choice - but this scenario isn't for me. A Mighty can be had for under $300 BTW.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
3. Do you guys actually use a coin to open the battery cover? I think I tried doing that on my first try and scratched the lid just a tiny bit, but why use a coin? its quite easy to apply pressure on the lid and just spin it to open.
A coin will work, but yeah, it will mar the aluminum over time. I use thick guitar picks; they work really well. The FitBit Zip Battery Cover Tool almost feels like it was made for it:
I used a coin a couple times early on until I realized that only using finger pressure makes it much less likely that I will use enough force to damage the threads if I don't have it aligned perfectly. Fingers only since then with no issues and I highly recommend you do the same.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I used a coin a couple times early on until I realized that only using finger pressure makes it much less likely that I will use enough force to damage the threads if I don't have it aligned perfectly. Fingers only since then with no issues and I highly recommend you do the same.
I used a poker chip my first time wary of scratching it. I’ve been using my thumb too ever since. Can’t lose it and it always works.

Yesterday was my Tinymight’s seven month birthday though I was on a brief T break. Not so any longer thanks of course to the TM ;). It’s been amazing for all that time except a couple of rookie combustion episodes, one in which the heater screen fell onto the heater, and brief haptic issue for a few days (which I’d like to think I resolved myself) - this vape rocks every single time. Believe it or not I’m still using the original large red oring. It’s been cleaned a couple of times (the stem & CU every couple of weeks) and I brush out the chamber all the time. Still works like day one. And it works well! I reach for this before my others. TGIF!:peace:

D

Deleted member 66001

500 bucks for 1 working TM that may malfunction and be subject to poor customer service and a potentially long delay for repairs ? I respect your choice - but this scenario isn't for me. A Mighty can be had for under $300 BTW.

I can't, and probably shouldn't speak for macbill, but he means the one working TM will stay working the entire time............and from my perspective, it is kind of hard to argue with that logic.

What if you were offered a once in a generation bag of weed that would put you in a coma after one hit, had flavor to die for, and was the high you've been looking for your entire life......but it was twice as expensive as the every day, every minute, I could get this any time I want bag of weed? I'll respect which bag you buy, but I gotta give macbill the same courtesy.

And if macbill happens to live twice as far from me as you do, I'll honk. :wave: 😉

SquirrelMaster

@Ariste
I really like the look of that nectar collector! Which seller did you use? I have a 14mm straight hydrotube that works with an adapter to my RBT stems but it gets a little clumsy. The same goes for my 18mm hydratubes, they're just a little large for the small size of the Tinymight. That nectar collector may be a good cheap option.

I still want a nice, thick j-hook in 18mm for my portables. I had contacted someone local before, didn't hear back and then let it slip by the wayside. OGB was next on my list but then I've been craving something heady for a long time although the price jumps a lot at that point. More than anything I want a piece that's nice and thick and possibly stands on it's own so I could set it down upright with the Tinymight still attached. That could also be a recipe for disaster if I knock it over. I also really enjoy water filtration so I've thought of a sidecar bubble custom as well.
Basically I'm indecisive :rofl: . I should just plan on getting one of each like I do with vapes.

I can't, and probably shouldn't speak for macbill, but he means the one working TM will stay working the entire time............and from my perspective, it is kind of hard to argue with that logic.

What if you were offered a once in a generation bag of weed that would put you in a coma after one hit, had flavor to die for, and was the high you've been looking for your entire life......but it was twice as expensive as the every day, every minute, I could get this any time I want bag of weed? I'll respect which bag you buy, but I gotta give macbill the same courtesy.

And if macbill happens to live twice as far from me as you do, I'll honk. :wave: 😉

I whole heartedly agree with that sentiment. I did pay less for my Mighty but I use my Tinymight 10 times as much. There's just something special about it. Now you have me thinking of some primo First Class Funk I grabbed a little while ago. It was a treat compared to my usual and although some would have a hard time justifying the cost difference, to me there was absolutely no comparison. The terpene profiles were out of this world and my taste buds were having a party!

Top Bottom