TinyMight / TM 2

ezpz

That looks amazing. I want one.
I stopped using my long stem and CU about a month ago and been only using my WPA with different glass mouthpieces. I think the CU robs some flavor and vapor, compared to an all glass pathway.
Because of covid, and everything is closed, I don't have to be stealthy. But when we start to reopen, and able to be in public more often, I would have to use the CU for stealth.
Thanks @SquirrelMaster for giving another option for those who rather not use the nuts and bolts.
Can the Boro balls be held in place with just dome screens?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, the glass beaded one is very attractive. Probably gets dirty fast but should be easy to clean. I have been using mine nearly exclusively with water and an RBT short stem, but that might be a decent alternative for out of the house. I think I may have to look for some of those glass beads.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Ariste

Now that I think about it, I wonder if the metal strip that butts up against the top plate could be causing an issue? It's the third picture down https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tinymight-vaporizer.44563/post-1508932
Has anyone checked for oxidization on the top cap at that point? If not, someone with a weak device should try cleaning only that area and seeing what the results are.

What about the few devices that have a taller wood body, could they be preventing solid electrical contact or just not be tight enough to prevent oxidization? I'm spit balling here so I could be way off.

A lack of power after a few months seems weird in my mind because I can't see what would be causing it if an owner knows their cells are good. It's not a calibration issue or they wouldn't have worked properly in the first place. The coil in these devices is very robust so I don't see that being the problem either. Possibly a bad solder point causing issues?

Cleaning the metal strip/aluminum top and ensuring good contact with the top aluminum is what fixed my device. There appears to be a channel in the top aluminum for this metal strip. I used a multi meter to test the connectivity from the top aluminum to the positive terminal.

I centered everything as best as possible and secured the center screw pretty tight.

I also cleaned the battery cap threads really well and it's now silky smooth.

I've helped a couple people on reddit fix their devices by lightly sanding the metal ribbon and the (internal) aluminum top.

Last edited:

Bazinga

Tweakx - how can you be sure that "all people who have any defects should get answers and they will get them"? and how can you be sure " I am also confident that everything will be resolved "? So far, as of late, there have been none (or few) answers and none (or few) repairs reported by those posting in this thread. I agree that the device is great !!! But, how anyone can defend the horrendous customer service is beyond me. I was a "one man" operation and provided outstanding customer service. I was busy, had a family, but I made sure my clients were handled properly and in a timely fashion. I don't know how many units Ville has sold - 2,000 maybe. Let's guess at 1,200. If this has any semblance of reality then he has generated approximately $298,800 in revenue. I realize this is not net profit, however, I am guessing that the revenue would allow the hiring of an either part or full time employee to handle emails and minor repairs.

So what is the appropriate time to expect a email reply? Particularly, if you have a defective device. In my opinion Ville has failed miserably to provide timely responses. You can make excuses for him all day long but that doesn't solve the issues folks are having. Aside from health issues or other circumstances beyond his control his lack of customer communication and support is appalling.

BTW - I love both of my Tinymights !!!

SquirrelMaster

@ezpz
Yes the balls can definitely be held in place with screens instead of a gutted cooling unit. I wanted to use the CU housing so it was as secure as possible but other stems go with screens only as long as you know it's secure. I would probably have 2 screens at each end facing each other in pairs just to be sure.

@RAG
I bought my Grav Labs 3" Upline Taster from a local store which I would advise if you can. There were one or two members that couldn't use the glass because of tolerances which made it too large in diameter. Most don't have an issue and when I tested each one in store although one was tighter it still worked and I ended up grabing a different three.

As @Shit Snacks says the stem on the left is the standard Tinymight long stem (80mm iirc) with only the top and bottom pieces of the cooling unit used and the torx screw, washers and nuts removed so I can fit more balls. You could probably get away with standard soda-lime glass balls which you can find on Amazon.com. The 4mm glass beads I'm using are made by Kimax in the USA with borosilicate, i.e. lab grade, high temperature ratings. These were purchased to use in my Elev8r but I had to buy a few so I've throwing them in every device I own and they're well worth it. I can definitely help out any Canadians looking but I'm not sure on shipping costs to the USA.

Cleaning the metal strip/aluminum top and ensuring good contact with the top aluminum is what fixed my device. There appears to be a channel in the top aluminum for this metal strip. I used a multi meter to test the connectivity from the top aluminum to the positive terminal.

I centered everything as best as possible and secured the center screw pretty tight.

I also cleaned the battery cap threads really well and it's now silky smooth.

I've helped a couple people on reddit fix their devices by lightly sanding the metal ribbon and the (internal) aluminum top.

That looks so shiny, I love it! I'm glad you've been able to help others get their device running and that puts more weight behind the idea that this is connected with the device's increased resistance from oxidized parts. Did you record the resistance you measured before and after cleaning? I was going to mention that but I know not everyone has a meter.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I am guessing that the revenue would allow the hiring of an either part or full time employee to handle emails and minor repairs.
“David” answered the last couple of inquiries from me, the first was an accessories/order inquiry and the second was about my balky haptic motor (which has returned to life and continues to work - it likely got stuck somehow and corrected itself). I did receive the auto replies as others have and took it with a grain of salt and was patient. I did get responses within a week’s time both times and the inquiries were at least 5-6 weeks apart over the summer.

I do sympathize with those who have serious issues with their units and haven’t received timely responses (I’ve been down that road with another vape manufacturer whom I won’t name). I’m not going to do an in-depth analysis of how and when inquiries were made. I assume most are using either direct email or through their TM account. I’ve only used email. Based on what both “Ville” (yes he’s replied to me directly in the past) and recently David have said via email, the replies were genuine and informative and several of Ville’s replies have been quoted herein way back when.

One-man operations are indeed tricky. I’d like to give him/them the benefit of the doubt but that’s not comforting to those waiting on replies for a few weeks for various reasons (RMAs, order inquires, product inquiries, etc.). My TM is the vape I reach for over my others. It’s been like this since I got it in early May. Works amazingly every single time (even during the haptic motor incident for a few days). I’m hoping this is all growing pains and I do believe he will catch up with everyone. Cheers.
:peace:

Ariste

That looks so shiny, I love it! I'm glad you've been able to help others get their device running and that puts more weight behind the idea that this is connected with the device's increased resistance from oxidized parts. Did you record the resistance you measured before and after cleaning? I was going to mention that but I know not everyone has a meter.

I didn't record the poorly functioning resistance, but my meter now reads 42 on the 2000kΩ setting. (from + terminal to the battery hole threads)

Q_

Quick question, if someone who has a TinyMight wouldn't mind searching their email for me.

On Sep 13 I got an email from TinyMight saying, "Your order has been received and will be processed once payment has been confirmed." But then I never got an email saying the payment was confirmed or the order was processed. Did you get such an email? I emailed to confirm on Sep 19 but haven't gotten a response.

Q_,

sickmanfraud

Tweakx - how can you be sure that "all people who have any defects should get answers and they will get them"? and how can you be sure " I am also confident that everything will be resolved "? So far, as of late, there have been none (or few) answers and none (or few) repairs reported by those posting in this thread. I agree that the device is great !!! But, how anyone can defend the horrendous customer service is beyond me. I was a "one man" operation and provided outstanding customer service. I was busy, had a family, but I made sure my clients were handled properly and in a timely fashion. I don't know how many units Ville has sold - 2,000 maybe. Let's guess at 1,200. If this has any semblance of reality then he has generated approximately $298,800 in revenue. I realize this is not net profit, however, I am guessing that the revenue would allow the hiring of an either part or full time employee to handle emails and minor repairs.

So what is the appropriate time to expect a email reply? Particularly, if you have a defective device. In my opinion Ville has failed miserably to provide timely responses. You can make excuses for him all day long but that doesn't solve the issues folks are having. Aside from health issues or other circumstances beyond his control his lack of customer communication and support is appalling.

BTW - I love both of my Tinymights !!!

I must have missed your purchase of a second Tinymight and why. Are there any differences between the units?

FYI, I used a small amount of "grinder-grease" that I bought from @PuffItUp on the battery door threading and I have had no issues with the battery door.

Tweakz

@Bazinga , I support your logical conclusions, bro . it's hard to disagree with you. but I believe in the best and experience suggests that everything should be decided right at everyone. I may be wrong, but I will personally try to influence this by communicating with the tm manufacturer and offering them assistance in processing requests . now there is no customer service at the level that everyone is used to receiving. I am sure the manufacturer did not cope with the wave of hype and popularity, and does not have time alone . it is logical that he could already fix this moment. I'll find out and write for everyone here

Bazinga

ThanksTweakx in advance for your endeavor to contact the manufacture. Good luck !! Will await your report.

I must have missed your purchase of a second Tinymight and why. Are there any differences between the units?

FYI, I used a small amount of "grinder-grease" that I bought from @PuffItUp on the battery door threading and I have had no issues with the battery door.

No differences in mine. Bought a second unit because my wife liked mine and decided it was then hers.

The grinder grease sounds promising.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
@Bazinga , I support your logical conclusions, bro . it's hard to disagree with you. but I believe in the best and experience suggests that everything should be decided right at everyone. I may be wrong, but I will personally try to influence this by communicating with the tm manufacturer and offering them assistance in processing requests . now there is no customer service at the level that everyone is used to receiving. I am sure the manufacturer did not cope with the wave of hype and popularity, and does not have time alone . it is logical that he could already fix this moment. I'll find out and write for everyone here

Just ask him how those with TM’s now and in the future can get SUPPORT, if they don’t respond to emails?

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: ezpz

MonkeyTime

I was using these two stems back to back yesterday switching out after each hit to directly compare them. With all the internals of the cooling unit removed and filled with 4mm boro balls the draw is ridiculously wide open on the long stem. I've been using it since I posted pics earlier in the thread and I can safely say it's (mostly) my favorite setup. The mouthpiece on the Grav Labs is a better "sipper" stem but the ball stem gets me medicated quickly while really cooling the vapor. Each hit I would take was always bigger with the balI stem because of how little draw restriction there is. I started at temp 5 for a single draw then onto 7 where I stayed to finish each stem. I normally temp step starting at 4~ and slowly working my way up and I'm fine without stirring but this was more needed. I still did not, for science and because I was getting really baked and lazy :lol: :leaf:.

@TastyCakeWasTasty
My only advice is to make sure your contacts are clean especially the screw in piece as well as the terminals of your cell. A white eraser worked the best for me when there was a decent amount of build up otherwise every time I change a cell I'll push and spin the piece on a piece of paper or paper towel. All the oxidization occurs at the negative terminal so I "erased" the aluminium ring that protrudes from the cap, the threads on the cap and device and the negative terminal of the cell itself. I haven't had any issues with the positive terminal and my cells always face down. There are better ways to clean oxidized aluminum but this works for me.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if the metal strip that butts up against the top plate could be causing an issue? It's the third picture down https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tinymight-vaporizer.44563/post-1508932
Has anyone checked for oxidization on the top cap at that point? If not, someone with a weak device should try cleaning only that area and seeing what the results are.

What about the few devices that have a taller wood body, could they be preventing solid electrical contact or just not be tight enough to prevent oxidization? I'm spit balling here so I could be way off.

A lack of power after a few months seems weird in my mind because I can't see what would be causing it if an owner knows their cells are good. It's not a calibration issue or they wouldn't have worked properly in the first place. The coil in these devices is very robust so I don't see that being the problem either. Possibly a bad solder point causing issues?

Love it!

I've been rocking mine similar lately, along side a upline taster, what temps you running, we seem to like somethings alike!

20200921-191341.jpg

Sorry, realized after I uploaded here how crappy the pic is! Those are 4mm beads with both screens out of the stock CU shells and a cup screen up front. I haven't loaded up a long stem like that, but you've inspired me! I love the open flow like this and haven't looked back once trying it.

Someone mentioned cleaning, this has been easy for me. I've thrown the whole thing in iso as-is and it rinses easier than the stock setup.

I've had a run of shake to work with, which is cost effective, and really effective with this setup and a little pack. Prior to this I was a coarse grind and fluffy pack, nothing compacted and I really didn't have to stir. But I do quit often because I enjoy the ritual of it. I can run this a little more shallow and not stir, but that's not fun!

zor

I had a ton of tiny beads left over from the SSV mod so as an experiment I loaded all of the remaining ones in the long stem and used two dome screens to keep em in. Sorry, it's pretty gnarly already:

02H8CKS.jpg

Setting 5.5 now results in very dark brown herb while before it would only be a light brown toast. 7 expends it and it starts looking black. This effectively lowered my power needs by 2-3 steps, which I think will be great for extending the number of hits per charged battery. The draw is tighter and I'm curious to see how much worse it gets over time, swapping this screen is much easier than the CU's. I still cough after each hit, even at 3 or 4, but the flavor is something else, seems to be better than with the stock stem and CU.

bgrpph

My TM is about 2+ months old- i've been having a sporatic issue for the past few weeks when turning on my TM in on-demand mode with any of my 4 sony VTC6 batteries.

After 3 button push for on demand, it is supposed to turn on with light blinking & then vibrate 1-4 times to show battery charge, then after pushing button to begin its supposed to vibrate 1 time to show its ready to vape. Mine works correctly most of time.
However sometimes the light comes on blinking but there is no vibrate to indicate the battery charge. When pushing button to begin vaping, there is no vibration to indicate its ready to vape either- i'll just try vaporing after a few seconds & sometimes i'm getting vapor as normal but sometimes it seems like the heater is not on & i get no vapor at all.

When it goes into the above strange mode- i'll also try turning it off and then on but it stays in this same strange mode when it turn on again. Then magically, Next time it turns on it will be normal & show battery charge level & work normally,- but i can't tell when its going to go into the strange mode.
If i switch out to another battery it will work normal again for awhile for few times, but eventually go into strange modeI again. I cleaned battery cover & all threads & batteries w iso & eraser- did nothing. Still goes into strange mode sometimes with no vibration & sometimes heater not going on.
Guess its a strange gremlin as few others have reported with vibration issue - the heater not turning on sometimes when this happens also though has me a bit worried-
I just cleaned the battery cover & threads with CRC contract cleaner & CRC electronic cleaner & did get some darkish residue from the threads on the microfiber cloth. Haven't tried it yet to see if this did anything- more tomorrow if it helped

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I generally use an external charger for my 18650s and have several charged at any given time. If I WAS charging them inside the device I would likely use something like this. I use these cables on my cellphone, my tablet and on an earpiece that needs charging often. I think this particular model is being discontinued, but there are others from this company and some competitors. I had to replace a USB port on a phone that was reasonably new once, and that led me to this solution.

I was going to get one of these magnetic USB cable/connectors, you linked to, but then realized the TM unfortunately has its micro USB port on the bottom, so leaving the tiny plug in 24/7, means you can’t put it down LEVEL on a table. I bought one anyways for another device, so THANKS.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
That's a good point. As it happens I usually lay mine down by habit after a few close calls standing up my Milaana, but I don't use the usb port on the TM anyway.
I find the best use of those cords is for my cellphone. I have a cord at my workstation, a cord at my bedside and a cord in my car. That last one is great for starting carplay without having to screw with pushing in and pulling out the microusb. The magnets kinda grab each other. Apple has something similar for its power cord, or at least it did.

cybrguy,

LabPong

I dont think people are mad because of the defect, but getting one with a defect and then having CS ignore you for 2 months, that angers pretty much everyone.
So no, not everything will be alright if they dont get responses, its as simple at that.

I knew this was a one man op and had past issues.....so I was prepared to accept what ever happens when I ordered my first TM. It did not take much time to figure out about the manufacture.....a few hours of reading here on FC told me everything. But I can understand most just want a quickly responsive CS system with every purchase.....but I know it can be hit and miss with small businesses and vape products.......

Please share your solution if you get it resolved, I have the same issue. Although it always work, there are days where it's anemic and others where it's at full power. It's currently at the anemic stage this past weekend but I know in a few days it'll be fine again. It's a bit annoying not knowing what my experience will be like prior to each session.

I def will let everyone know if I find the cause!

I didn't record the poorly functioning resistance, but my meter now reads 42 on the 2000kΩ setting. (from + terminal to the battery hole threads)

This is a totally useful and highly rated post in this thread!!!! Thanks so much Ariste. :tup:

Return request:
- go to: "View your order history"
- select your order "view"
- click in: "return"
- Complete the form
- Submit...
...wait and vape:myday:

Again....another totally helpful and great post! Thanks for the reminder if needed. :tup:

Last edited:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
A few pages back some of you guys were talking about cleaning the connections specifically on the battery cap but then there were some other connections talked about also. There was a recommendation a while ago also to use this stuff that I believe was really for electric guitars? Who knows...memory is shot ever since I got the TM :lol:

I hopped on amazon after reading that and ordered this. Haven't used it yet so can't confirm or deny how well it works, kind of pricey, but the poster said a little goes a long way so we'll see if its remotely worth it. I just figured I could use it should the TM ever start to show some issues, or even as part of my maintenance routine, and I'm sure I could find other uses for it, vape related or not.

Thought it would be a little more effective than a pencil eraser, if the time comes I need it.

BrianTL,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
A few pages back some of you guys were talking about cleaning the connections specifically on the battery cap but then there were some other connections talked about also. There was a recommendation a while ago also to use this stuff that I believe was really for electric guitars? Who knows...memory is shot ever since I got the TM :lol:

I hopped on amazon after reading that and ordered this. Haven't used it yet so can't confirm or deny how well it works, kind of pricey, but the poster said a little goes a long way so we'll see if its remotely worth it. I just figured I could use it should the TM ever start to show some issues, or even as part of my maintenance routine, and I'm sure I could find other uses for it, vape related or not.

Thought it would be a little more effective than a pencil eraser, if the time comes I need it.

I use De-oxit on my Grasshoppers. Blu-Tac too for the threads and used Blu-Tac to clean my TM threads (and a light bit of ISO). Haven’t used De-oxit with my TM but I don’t think it can hurt on the battery cover and the positive battery terminal at the bottom of the battery well. I haven’t used anything else to clean my TM threads or contacts. I’ve never had an issue with the threading of the battery door cover. Positive battery terminal used to have a little bit of a spring to it until a couple of months ago but never was able to pull it up a bit yet my TM works fine now including the haptic motor which took a vacation for a few days a few weeks ago. Good luck with cleaning. :peace:

PossumMD

I'm starting to get a bit peeved by those that say I should've known the risks, I was one of the first to comment on here with a borked unit and I still can't use it. I have bought from one man ops for a bunch of my hobbies. They answer emails. They are niche enough that good cs gets them new customers.

PossumMD,
Reactions: arb
Top Bottom