• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Timber Elite by Vapwood

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
thank you @Alan ,

you’re welcome @pudgewack . that sucks big birches about your battery terminal . i see mine as a bend mark too . i’ll take the fall for yours breaking as i should have removed that battery terminal by simply unfastening the screw and get it completely out of the way. .

you might find one at online electronics boxstores , i don’t know any off hand . at least it’s at the negative side of the battery correct?

did your ss foil residue whip off or did you need iso? mine simply wiped off with fingers and cloth and wasn’t sticky. batch 2. in the pics a dark area on the edge of the ss foil can be seen while it’s still sitting in the unit . that is from me running my finger over it to see what was up . onces removed , other places i touched it to remove it can be seen .

your motivation is my satisfaction! :tup:thank you !

@funkyhomer , you are welcome .

mine wasn’t long enough either , i had to sacrifice a piece , it’s now* short , i placed the no ss section by the outside post of the coil . i might try a smaller disc like @pudgewack .

i also might remove the ss foil to see how it responds without it. i know the LB Classics felt smoother (to me ) prior the addition of the ss foil then it did after it. but other factors could have made my ss foiled lined Classic running hotter too .

as for aluminum foil .not sure , think i’ve read in other threads it’s not recommended for a long term solution . short term , maybe google it first or ask FC section of forum . stay safe!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Hello All,
Surviving here on Long Island, and thank God my immediate family is healthy. My extended FDNY family are not so lucky, as these are tough times. My wife and I have been locked down, just like everybody else in Nassau County. She, alone, will make it to the grocery store today, first time in about 10 days, and hopefully we won't have to leave the house (or my glorious deck) for a couple of weeks for any reason. This is the only way to reduce the spread here, if you don't have to go out - DON'T. Thankfully we can take daily walks / bike rides around the neighborhood, maintaining social distancing just like everybody else in this great country.

With that said, all my ducks are in a row for me to begin building once again. I've managed to put together enough parts for a small batch of both units (LB and Timber) that I plan to ship late next month. Thanks for your patience and loyalty at this time.
Mike

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
After a few more tough days in NY, the governor has extend the state lock down until May 15. While I can't really say what's going on in the rest of the country, responsible people here are taking this very seriously and not going out unless absolutely necessary (groceries, meds, essential workers). I believe I have enough stock of all parts, or can get them in time, to have a small batch completed and ready to go by mid to late May (of both Timbers and Lil' Buds). This also included any and all repairs / upgrades.

I was in the shop yesterday and today, getting units roughed out. I even got started on a couple of Black n Tans. Feels good to be back in the swing in the shop, with a realistic goal in sight. I've been speaking with @Alan , and will be experimenting with some of his latest initiatives.

Days are long and times are tough, as real fear grips the NYC metro area. Thankfully the numbers are less than predicted, but it's hard to be happy about only losing 10 thousand people. Just typing it freaks me out.

Thanks for the support and patience from a really great group of people.
Mike

VonRoyale

Anybody still alive? Hey there, I made this account just so I can post here. I just bought a twice used Vapwood Timber Elite made around Fall 2019. WOW! I've gotta say this thing is a Puzzle wrapped in an Enigma shrouded in a Mystery.

First thing I did was read all 60 pages here to get some kind of grasp on what I'm dealing with. Next thing it tested my coil at dead room temperature, .30 right on, sticker inside also says .30

So I am running 45w starting at 340, then 380 in temp mode. And I'm getting some INSANE FREAKING RIPS! I mean half the time I'm thinking I'm combusting, and I think I may have a few times, and that is what is concerning me.

Am I doing something wrong? I can't even look at the graphs, because they are telling me all kinds of contradictory things. Every hit looks totally different on the graphs, and they say I'm not even getting up to my set Temps, so that worries me too.

Now my AVB is coming out plenty dark, and I am stirring once because it really doesn't get the sides. But I feel like I really just am going by "lung feel" so i don't combust. Even though my Temps are much lower than combustion Temps.

I do understand that the relationship of the mesh coil and the DNA Chip produce some strange results and can be very tough to keep under control.

But throw me a little guidance here.

PS.. Mike, you're device is ridiculous, ingenious, and downright quality. I love it, and I'm about to buy a second one because, why not LOL.

Also I'm ridiculously stoned off this thing African Thai #15 27% Medical Tested.

VonRoyale,
Reactions: 6079Smith

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I'm baaaaaack!

Hello FC community. Glad we are all still here safe and sound. I literally haven't left the house in a couple of months, except for walks and bike rides. As many of you know, I'm here at the epicenter of Covid, right outside NYC in Nassau county. My family, my day to day life, like many Americans, has been pretty much shut down. I have completed a batch of LB's and Timbers that will ship on Monday. I also have a couple of repairs that will also ship the same day.

To kick of this re-entry into society, I'm offering a 25% sale w/ coupon code: BACKINBIZ - save 25% sitewide!

>> SAVE 25%

purpletweed

I’ve got a Lil Bud Elite and I’m trying to figure out whether there’s solder in the air path, and if so, what kind of solder it is (I see that you use lead-free solder)?

purpletweed,

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
I’ve got a Lil Bud Elite and I’m trying to figure out whether there’s solder in the air path, and if so, what kind of solder it is (I see that you use lead-free solder)?

The electronics are in a separate block from the heater. You can see that on disassembled pictures.

VapeEnthusiast,

purpletweed

The electronics are in a separate block from the heater. You can see that on disassembled pictures.
Thanks for letting me know. I thought the two ends of the mesh heater were soldered rather than screwed to the metal posts which hold them, though on closer inspection I believe that I do see screws -- is that right, as far as you know?

purpletweed

Ready to vape outta the box, and here's one of the main reasons why - sound science and the spiral, stainless steel insta heat, high surface area coil, which can produce high volume heat at lower temps.
20190805-134111.jpg

It's difficult for me to tell -- for example in this photo.

purpletweed,

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
Thanks for letting me know. I thought the two ends of the mesh heater were soldered rather than screwed to the metal posts which hold them, though on closer inspection I believe that I do see screws -- is that right, as far as you know?

Oh, interesting. I'm honestly not sure. Someone else might know about that.

VapeEnthusiast,

purpletweed

The mesh is connected to the wire with butt connectors and then soldered.

It does appear that they're soldered to the posts to some degree, so I'd be interested in knowing the composition of those parts, if possible. This isn't meant to sound rude, by the way, it's just stuff I like to know in more detail -- I'm sure @Bravesst has done a fine job ensuring everything's top-notch safe.

purpletweed

I would be remiss if I didn’t post my LBE. This is absolutely my favorite vape of any I’ve used. It’s an incredibly straightforward and tasty little device, not to mention very attractive in the hand — for once my husband didn’t frown at my VAS ;)

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
All connections are soldered from board to mesh to posts, coil and battery, but coil is screwed to a 7/8" dia. wood disc for mounting, nothing electric. In the Timber, the electronics are all in the lower half, LBE also separated.

Very happy to be back in business, and had my first trip to the post office in a couple of months. Back in the groove and the 25% off sitewide still has a couple of days left. CODE: BACKINBIZ

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
All connections are soldered from board to mesh to posts, coil and battery,

Some sort of high temp lead free solder? Hopefully - it doesn't seem to degrade from disassembly pics I've seen anyways!

Back in the groove and the 25% off sitewide still has a couple of days left.

I'm interested! Can you make new units with the SS foil disc mod?

ghost7ateoh

Has anybody been able to contact Vapwood? I purchased a Timber on June 6th and sent a couple questions via email and I can't get a response. I also have no clue when this will ship and considering cancelling my order as it looks like warranty help will be next to impossible if I can't even get a response to an email.

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
Has anybody been able to contact Vapwood? I purchased a Timber on June 6th and sent a couple questions via email and I can't get a response. I also have no clue when this will ship and considering cancelling my order as it looks like warranty help will be next to impossible if I can't even get a response to an email.

The website says that june orders will ship in mid to late july. So I wouldn't worry about not having your unit in hand. The lack of emails is concerning though. Good luck!

VapeEnthusiast,

Ubiquito

I have an Elite and the heater screen has fallen down a little on one side for the second time. The first time it happened, I sent it back to Mike and he fixed it. Now it has happened again.

Has anyone else had this happen? Do I need to worry about the screen contacting the coil?

I would love to not have to send my Elite back again. Any ideas on a way to pull the screen back up?

Thanks all!

Ubiquito,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Please @Ubiquito, send it back again. Maybe you have a long tube, either way. I'll work it out and make sure it doesn't happen again.

TIMBER SALE
As things normalize here in NY during the dog days of summer, it is time to promote our Made In America product, with a 15% off coupon code applicable site wide: *DOGDAYS*

For those waiting on July orders, progress is being made, and we're on track for a July shipping.

Bravesst,
Reactions: cannasoor

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I have to apologize, the website (GoDaddy) had all sorts of issues yesterday, and a lot of updates didn't happen. It's all worked out, the 15% Summer Sale is still in effect, code *DOGDAYS*.

Vapwood.com

Bravesst,
Reactions: cannasoor
Top Bottom