• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Timber Elite by Vapwood

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Finally, the LB pot luck order is complete. I worked harder on that, due to the age and variety of the pre-assembled units, than a brand new batch. Now it's time to sell some Timbers - I'm stocked with DNA 75c's!

Going forward, some, or all, of the previously mentioned upgrades will happen, but I cannot guarantee the use of 14 mm stems. Either way, let's get the Timber 2020 sale started with coupon code: TIMBER2020 to save 15%

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Now that all pot lucks are gone, and things have slowed, I took the morning and went to work on the 14 mm tube adaptation. Lots of planning, thinking went into this first try, and it paid off. I've worked out quite a few challenges to a straight 14 mm glass tube pairing with our wooden Timber.

The top coil housing needs to be sliced in half and a magnetic cap added to the top. A silicone O ring will sit recessed in the 15 mm hole (O rings will be readily available). There will be a screen *stop* which will serve as the debris screen that is sandwiched between the two top layers (not visible from the outside of the unit). The coil will sit in its 20 mm housing just under that. Powerful magnets will hold the top cap down, which will serve to lock the stem O ring in place.

I'm not sure how I will handle this going forward, but now I know it is possible. Arizer stems will fit this new design. It may turn out to be too much hassle, but I have a feeling those little glass robust tubes will crank. This design also allows me to place a heat diffusion disc.

Anyone interested in one of these prototype units I am now working on, please PM or email.

EDIT:
To clarify. This could be a big change for Timber, if it works out, not an adapter. I just put together a second coil housing for the 14 mm stem, pretty basic. Only thing left to do now is to assemble it into a unit and try it.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
January progress is right on the money. I'll have the order shipped in by month's end. I've also been cleaning house, reorganizing the shop, preparing for big pre-assembly build of both Timber and LB's. I want to work out the 14 mm adapter (or inability to do it for this round) for Timber before diving in. If it's not feasible, YET, I'll begin another batch of pre-assemblies with the 19 / 22 connection only.

Stuff happening at Vapwood. @Alan is back in the shop! And of course this means many of our conceptions are coming to life with his knowledge and expertise, including a potential change in coil specs, as well as heat diffusion disc. Now is a good time to buy a Timber with code TIMBER2020 saving 15%

Something is definitely wrong here. No posts from mike for weeks. Hope everything is okay, he is usually giving us either daily or at-the-least weekly updates on his progress. He has also always responded to me.

sickstreak

Has anyone else have a white screen issue? Like When I am done with a session then come back hours later or even the next day, my screen starts off completely white. It doesn't even give me an option to click 5 times to unlock it. I am forced to take the battery out and put it back in for it to work but I would have to do this trial and error process maybe about 3-5 times. After failed attempts it eventually gives me my lock screen. But this has been happening consistently as of the last week or two. If my battery reinsert trick fails I plug my timber to my PC and usually that will fix the issue... but boy it's been kind of a bugger to come back to my timber and have this white screen completely blocking me out. Any ideas to combat this issue?

sickstreak,
Reactions: en

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@min533
Send it in, might need a new DNA75c, or at least a screen.

Lots of personal stuff lately, and I apologize for my absence. Also lots of negativity on this forum / thread recently, makes being an open book not so fun. I can see why other manufactures are absent.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
@min533
Send it in, might need a new DNA75c, or at least a screen.

Lots of personal stuff lately, and I apologize for my absence. Also lots of negativity on this forum / thread recently, makes being an open book not so fun. I can see why other manufactures are absent.

Sorry about the negativity my friend. It’s everywhere right now on most social media platforms.

FWIW, the first vaporizer I grabbed after a 10 day jaunt to Egypt was my Timber. And I couldn’t have been happier.

Cheers

yogurtsauce

Hi, I have a lil bud elite and it combusted at 360°F. 28.5 w, and .280 ohm

battery door has .28/.00165. I’m assuming the second one is tcr, but idk how to change that.

I'm using power mode for now. Running 20-30 doesn't combust. weird.

The Cool and spent profiles seem to work just fine. Just not the TC profile. It seems like the TC profile is just using the watts instead of the temperature

Last edited:
yogurtsauce,
Reactions: P.A.M.

beyond6strings

My timber is back to working perfectly after a screen switch fix. Mike's the man! Hope everyone's still enjoying their timbers! Still gives me that unique sensation

Kinda sad it's so quiet in here. My Timber Elite is my most consistently used vape on a daily basis. There's just so much to love about it.

@Bravesst hope you're okay Mike. I know you're in the middle of the fastest growing COVID-19 area in the country so stay safe.

Kinda sad it's so quiet in here. My Timber Elite is my most consistently used vape on a daily basis. There's just so much to love about it.

@Bravesst hope you're okay Mike. I know you're in the middle of the fastest growing COVID-19 area in the country so stay safe.

I recently purchased one from the vapwood website and really looking forward to quick hits. Any tips that might be helpful after daily use experience?

beyond6strings

I recently purchased one from the vapwood website and really looking forward to quick hits. Any tips that might be helpful after daily use experience?

Make sure your flower is dry and a medium grind. Tamp the load to create a puck. I use mine in temp mode. 385 at 50 watts. Preheat for 3-4 seconds by pressing the button, take a long slow draw while holding the button and near the end take your finger off the button for the last 3-4 seconds and you should be happy.

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p41/The_Concentration_Chamber.html
s366828541479040465_p41_i10_w640.jpeg
Here is an all glass vapour path solution.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
so this happened over the weekend .

my Timber wasn’t seeing much use due to running hot and hot spotting presumably caused by mishaped heater coil i shared photos of a few months ago .

having opened up my Lil Bud’s before , finally came time to open up the Timber .

goals:
1) to look at heater coil and try to adjust it
2) add a round stainless steel disc over the heater coil . A modification m/upgrade shown by @Alan in the iHeat thread.

9-F3-B2193-50-FB-4-B79-8-AD1-F242-B5-EB4-B33.jpg

above the dna board as been dislodged from the body . removed 4 screws holding it to body then wiggled it out by the display window edges . (easier to plug usb and pull board out with it )

below , board is placed to side to allow work inside
F11413-C0-C421-465-A-9-ECF-2-DB26-E3010-C3.jpg

below , the heater block is removed from the body . two tiny screws holding the heating coil in the block can be seen . remove these to access to heater. no wires need to be disconnected.

70-A3-C67-B-B006-40-F6-8795-EB6-BC39-C10-FC.jpg

78-B51-CCB-6160-483-B-B6-D3-3-CD3-A70-EAB50.jpg

above & below . heater removed from heater block . WTF is this on my ss strip ?!?! i won’t speculate or comment , when i received the Timber, wood dust was present in the roasting tube chamber. i’m practically sureits wood dust (very disappointed, worked enough with wood to know it won’t kill me , but... wtf) .
it could be resin build up from vapor that gets trap there perhaps but my timber hasn’t seen that much use really. never used it with water because with my d-020 the timber is so tall it’s right between your eyes.. anyhoot wood dust or whatever else , dunno , don’t care. i wiped it off and proceeded. (the photo below shows my jeans reflection in the ss so it ain’t very helpful . the smears on the strip is my finger checking if was actually residue on ss strip while still inside the Timber and when removing it)
70490-A3-D-4-C1-C-46-C0-A79-A-BFBF25-AD66-A9.jpg

3-B04-C95-E-DE92-42-AA-BFD2-F6-FFE580-BB3-B.jpg

above - there is a lip inside to stop the heater screen at its desired depth . (hence screen cant be removed from outside )

below - heater coil . i think this is telling of where it hotspotted.

533-C2-D0-D-FD69-4661-8359-C202-D2-BF1-E61.jpg

E494-FC87-C643-4-DC2-8921-A9-ECFD1-B773-E.jpg

above - here is where i improved . i cut a piece from my ss strip and attempted (quickly to my defence) to shape a circle , hahah. was trying to keep as much foot print as possible . i bought a pack a flat pipe screens at my local corner store , threw one down the heater block , placed my ss circle then reinstalled the heater screen sandwiching the ss between the 2 screens .

result - o my fuckin gaw!!! @Alan , your mod works Very Very Well. i don’t know what to TM folks are all hyped about , im sure they have reason , but i won’t need to find out why! this baby here is now roasting like a champ . whoa. works so great i am contemplating doing the same with my LB Elite ! thing is , my LB Elite roasts evenly , just like my iHeat cartridge. still though, the small circle seems to improve not just the evenness but the whole sessions. no stir , no need to rotate stem , cash a bowl in 2-3 hits if you’d like , etc.

will share more in time...

if anyone wants me to do the same with their LB or Timber, cover shipping both ways and it would be my pleasure . i take no liability or responsibility for any damage or loss . service is free . cash or hear donations welcomed , haha.

vape on!

Easywider

Simple is the way
Well done! :rockon:

That's such a cool looking wooden deck that coil is mounted on. You can really see the color formation where it hot spots on the coil. Love to see some session results. So this is a heat diffuser that sits above the coil and helps even out the goodness?

Easywider,

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
So this is a heat diffuser that sits above the coil and helps even out the goodness?

:tup: bingo .
thanks, to add info, it’s a piece of stainless steel taken from my Timber’s stainless steel inner wall strip. i placed the piece in between two screens (screen/ss piece/heater screen) it’s above the coil , not touching it. the wall strip is now short having cut a piece off ; i aligned the new gap on the wall strip with the outwards heater post.

will post session results in time

:peace:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
@P.A.M. YOU ARE BRAVE MAN...
expensive vape and you opened it like you made it hahaha:rockon:

bah, if i can do it others can . it’s a brave new world! having had already opened some of Mike’s vapes before , i knew it was built solid and was confident of my wood screwing and unscrewing skills to take on the task. if things had gone south, i could have sent it to Mike or Alan for repairs . price wasn’t a factor as the vape didn’t operate as good as my other Vapwood vapes. break it or not, something had to be done.
living in Canada , vape needs to pass customs/borders , shipping cost is abit more expensive then domestic, etc. .

thanks for the compliments, i could build it from scratch if really wanted to.
here’s a sample of what i can do .
original designs , electric guitar , full scale only made for travel or confined space in mind.

46-ECE8-F9-1314-46-D8-B3-E9-06-C281-CFE931.jpg

FAB86-D58-396-E-4955-A1-CA-F5-A2164-B86-A3.jpg

CB74-BE1-B-1-B16-406-D-8672-203-B709889-FB.jpg

5-C51-E5-FB-7-CE4-45-BE-A795-094-E13-DE46-DD.jpg

8-D31-A3-B9-CE37-4174-A71-A-A3-DBEBB1-A969.jpg

DD2-DEF71-F97-A-41-F2-AA44-B218-AB1-B51-BA.jpg

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Glad you were able to get the coil back into a uniform spiral shape @P.A.M. Coil shape does make a difference in performance. The photos show how well the Timber Elite is designed and constructed. A truly amazing device. Nice that you have the skills to take it apart and put it back together.
If it takes alcohol to clean the ss foil surrounding the coil, then it probably isn't sawdust. I have noticed that the foil can get dirty from vapor dropping back down into the coil cavity. It doesn't take long. Particles of abv that make it through the screen will stick to the dirty foil. A quick wipe w/ alcohol will make the ss foil shiny and clean again.
The addition of the ss foil disc on the heater screen is a game changer. I haven't tried any vaporizer that does a better job of evenly roasting w/o the need to stir. It will be a standard feature on my vaporizers moving forward.
Nice job on the guitars too.

Happy roasting

pudgewack

@P.A.M. thanks for the suggestion, inspiration, and walk through of the disassembly process! I tired this last night on my Timber. It was pretty straight forward. I too had a bunch of gunk on the SS ribbon. I also had to do this twice as the first disc I installed was too big.

Unfortunately, my dumbass broke battery terminal when putting everything back together. The terminal snapped when I bent to back after screwing two pieces of wood together. It still works since the battery compartment is so tight, but am hesitant to use it much.....good thing my Lil Bud Elite is still going strong.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement battery terminal? Since this is 100% my fault, I would prefer not to get @Bravesst involved until I have explored other options. It appears to be pretty easy to replace once I have the new terminal.

pudgewack,
Top Bottom