The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

BearFuur

I was curious if anybody else's VI is starting to move faster after breaking in the head after a little while? On hit #87 I also noticed the first click isn't anywhere nearly as loud as it used to be, which caused me to to think the 2nd click was the 1st click. I ended up taking it to the 3rd notch. Avoided combustion when I saw vapor billowing out of the head by utizling the reload.

I've only taken 3 hits since. But I've noticed each time the VI is riding through the slot faster than the handful of previous hits, the 1st click is kind of faint and not completely in sync when the VI hits the 1st notch and it seems to not take as much time in between clicks.

Something that may be noted is I went from using the wand at about 550-600f on a fresh pair of cells to setting the wand at 800°F and pulling the Tempest out upon hearing the 2nd click I'd say maybe 20 hits or so ago. I appreciate any input

Last edited:
BearFuur,

General Disaster

A Total disMember
How easy are others finding it to remove the ball retaining screen? I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my thread, it just won't go in without bending a "spoke" on it.
I'd study the excellent manual page MH have on their website. You'll find this (among many other useful gems) is explained - you must have that bend for the screen to be able to follow what is a spiralling thread (like most threads). It's the very reason the screen is not a complete disk - those slots running from circumference to centre are exactly to allow that bend. If it's not there, if the disk looks flat in the head, then it's probably not secure!
the 1st click is kind of faint and not completely in sync when the VI hits the 1st notch
Are you aware there is no linkage between the disks and the Vi at all, They operate in isolation. The disks will even change with use, while the Vi should remain pretty constant in behaviour (unless reassembled or overheated).

Last edited:

GnarlyVandal

How easy are others finding it to remove the ball retaining screen? I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my thread, it just won't go in without bending a "spoke" on it.
That’s normal, if you give it a good shake and the screens not loose, it’s nothing to worry about.

GnarlyVandal,
Reactions: Smknbud

AndyO

That’s normal, if you give it a good shake and the screens not loose, it’s nothing to worry about.

Among the many things that make me crazy is OCD... I can get the screen to stay in just by cross threading it and giving it a push.

But my head would probably explode if I tried to use it like that.

AndyO,

General Disaster

A Total disMember
Among the many things that make me crazy is OCD... I can get the screen to stay in just by cross threading it and giving it a push.

But my head would probably explode if I tried to use it like that.
I'd stick to following MadHeaters instructions if I were you. Pretty much everything on the 'pest is designed for a reason, the screen included, and in that case it's a safety factor, as a bunch of loose hot balls landing on your balls (or whatever gendered genitalia you possess) isn't the most appealing pastime (unless you're somewhat masochistic?).
Actually just had a sub par experience with some lighter, fluffy herb. Vapor production wasn’t that great and the stem got pretty hot for 2 bowls. This strain is fine through the desktops though.
Just a thought and may not apply - but try letting it dry out a bit in the air (a day or two maybe?), then grind and vape. The grind should break it up better into smaller fragments - although if it's too dry it'll get a bit dusty and may block the airflow too much, which is not so good.

Last edited:
General Disaster,
Top Bottom