The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

RedZep

I wouldn't be here if I didn't feel the same, its annoying that I have already started to imagine using it :)

I was wondering about the ratio of convection to conduction heating in the Tempest.
Does the bowl where the herb sits heat up to add a level of conduction heating to create a hybrid experience?
So on the tip there are two lines near the centre, creating a sweet spot to aim the torch. When using the adaptor and wand, this area is also where the heat on concentrated. When heating in this zone the Tempest feels very convection heavy.

Two things that make that seem the case. The vape sig is very clean. Reminds me of B0 and sticky Brick highs. Second is the flavour you get, even when going for a high roast. If there was more conduction, the terps would burn off before the heating was finished. The vape gives the impression that the herb is protected from too much heat until the user draws on the device.

You can aim lower with your torch and create conduction. I've tried it and I can feel the difference in taste and effects. I prefer convection though so I find I'm using it in its normal range.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
So on the tip there are two lines near the centre, creating a sweet spot to aim the torch. When using the adaptor and wand, this area is also where the heat on concentrated. When heating in this zone the Tempest feels very convection heavy.

Two things that make that seem the case. The vape sig is very clean. Reminds me of B0 and sticky Brick highs. Second is the flavour you get, even when going for a high roast. If there was more conduction, the terps would burn off before the heating was finished. The vape gives the impression that the herb is protected from too much heat until the user draws on the device.

You can aim lower with your torch and create conduction. I've tried it and I can feel the difference in taste and effects. I prefer convection though so I find I'm using it in its normal range.
being able to choose what's right for the moment, like a conduction heavy use for at night and a convection heavy use during the day, is a really nice option from a manual vape

RedZep

being able to choose what's right for the moment, like a conduction heavy use for at night and a convection heavy use during the day, is a really nice option from a manual vape
It's the most versatile vape I've ever tried. IH - Torch. Indoors - outdoors. Native - glass. DTL - joint puffs. Quick single cycle - extended session. Then you have all the airflow options. Stem material options. Ball options, changing the heat dynamics.

It's the versatility that allow it to cover so many niches. That's why I think buyers current vape collection is in danger. The Tempest is probably going to outperform 2-3 vapes you may have covering different niches.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
It's the most versatile vape I've ever tried. IH - Torch. Indoors - outdoors. Native - glass. DTL - joint puffs. Quick single cycle - extended session. Then you have all the airflow options. Stem material options. Ball options, changing the heat dynamics. It's the versatility that allow it to cover so many niches. That's why I think buyers current vape collection is in danger. The Tempest is probably going to outperform 2-3 vapes you may have covering different niches.
thanks for sharing mate, you have completely destroyed me however... I love my manual portables and I really want to challenge my current favourites with something that sounds promising.... but I had to open the calendar and say "don't expect anything until next year mate" :)

Brenyo

Manufacturer
I’m planning to do a small drop of Ti Tempests without the indicator around the end of next week so more ppl can start testing it. It will come with a wand adapter, that’s pretty much the only way that it can be used atm.
These will likely have a discounted price so that the indicators, box, case, accessories etc can be purchased at release separately.

I’ll also have a few more for the review giveaway in custom colors that won't be released normally.

leanpubpackage

I’m planning to do a small drop of Ti Tempests without the indicator around the end of next week so more ppl can start testing it. It will come with a wand adapter, that’s pretty much the only way that it can be used atm.
These will likely have a discounted price so that the indicators, box, case, accessories etc can be purchased at release separately.

I’ll also have a few more for the review giveaway in custom colors that won't be released normally.
Sweet! Is there a way to get notified?

When you say without indicator...it's without both the clicker and visual indicators? So fully manual?

leanpubpackage,

Jojofernz

Just on the mad heaters site?

Jojofernz,

RxPlorer

Well I don’t have a Wand, so I’ll skip this drop. But good thinking!

RxPlorer,
Reactions: Brenyo

Fox

Hi guys, do you have any experience with the different materials of the beads and their properties and the vaping experience? Tempest is going to be my first ball vape and I plan to use it comfortably like a joint. Maybe my question is unjustified, but I seem to remember that I once read something unconsciously that there are differences. Thank you in advance!

Fox,

RedZep

Hi guys, do you have any experience with the different materials of the beads and their properties and the vaping experience? Tempest is going to be my first ball vape and I plan to use it comfortably like a joint. Maybe my question is unjustified, but I seem to remember that I once read something unconsciously that there are differences. Thank you in advance!
I've tried ZIRC and BORO. Both can deliver the relaxed joint style experience. However ZIRC will give a longer heat cycle,, with a slightly longer heat up time.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Sweet! Is there a way to get notified?
Yeah, keep hitting the F5 on this thread :freak:
I’ll let u guys know here which day in advance and there will be 2 or 3 drops on that day.
Just on the mad heaters site?
Yes
I’ve tried glass, ruby and zirconia (default). The glass and ruby is very similar in this size, it’s a bit quicker to heat up (so slightly longer IH battery life as well). If you want to use it like a joint then the default zirc will be perfect.

Last edited:

RedZep

Yeah, keep hitting the F5 on this thread :freak:
I’ll let u guys know here which day in advance and there will be 2 or 3 drops on that day.

Yes

I’ve tried glass, ruby and zirconia (default). The glass and ruby is very similar in this size, it’s a bit quicker to heat up (so slightly longer IH battery life as well). If you want to use it like a joint then the default zirc will be perfect.
Zirc is my favourite out of the two I've tried. Barely any extra heat up.

garett

OMG i would love to get my hands on one to test and review. I am from Austria, would you send to my country too, or is this special UK only? And what indicator is not included? The click or the visual?

garett,

Shorner

So you can only use it with a wand? No torch?

Shorner,

jbm

Does having left only one review get you into the running? Is it UK only? I do have a wand, btw.

jbm,

garett

I dint think so, why shouldn’t it be possible with a torch. I think he just include the Adapter to make it possible to test it with the Wand. But i can be wrong.

garett,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
OMG i would love to get my hands on one to test and review. I am from Austria, would you send to my country too, or is this special UK only? And what indicator is not included? The click or the visual?
Sure, it’s not UK only. Nether of them, it has no indicator yet.

You can use it with a torch but you’d have to time it which is not very convenient.

Does having left only one review get you into the running? Is it UK only? I do have a wand, btw.
Yes ofc, it’s not just UK only.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Its not just the UK but - This Australian will get to read all the fun after I wake up as if it wasn't for insomnia I wouldn't even see these posts as its 2:30am lol... its nice actually seeing it almost live for once as its normally reading the thread of everyone getting in on a presale wile I am asleep the following day lol...

Last edited:
VapingYogi,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
I guess it will be possible to buy the cap with indicators after release, to upgrade the test version?
I’ll probably make a kit with all the missing pieces, but still figuring it out how to do it exactly. The indicators would have to be installed into your cap, it’s not worth getting a new one. It’s a bit fiddly to install but not too bad, takes about a minute or 2.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I have been a total convert to the Tempest and I am so excited for when I can get my hands on one - but I can't stay up to 3am (Sydney Aus) every night to try and get in on the action.... I have the same fears for any presale process and even for release day... ah well... I just take my anxious / FOMO ridden ass to bed... and just hope... I can score one - one day.

VapingYogi,

Jojofernz

Question for the review giveaway, is it possible to leave a review for a Reload if I was part of a mass buy haha? It was part of one the ent exchange did a while back so I dunno if I have an actual order number

Jojofernz,

garett

Ohh, are the Testkits only for guys who recently bought and reviewed a reload stem?

garett,

Seinen

Hi

Will the light/metallic blue be an available colour on release ? this one

Seinen,
Reactions: Shorner
Top Bottom